The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you think the seals of endeavor system is effective/enjoyable?

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Snamyap wrote: »
    storm and flesh atronachs? 😋

Especially flesh, iron and air atronachs. Or void creatures. Or when everyone is hunting for thieves troves at the same time...
    When the recent thieves trove endeavour appeared, I spent a few hours trying to find one, and it very quickly stopped being a fun game. That's one of my least favourite endeavours. I like the suggestion earlier in the thread that we should accumulate some endeavour seals just from time played.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like that they are mostly activities that I do anyway (Defeat enemies using Class or Weapon abilities, Harvest resource nodes, Complete 1 Dungeon, ect), allowing me to passively save up for some nice crown store items! It's a nice thing to see that completion status on the screen and I go "oh ya! Endeavors is a thing! Nice!".

I also like that sometimes they are activities that I don't do normally and now have a minor incentive to do those things! Usually, I complete one of the generic endeavors like those I listed above and that prompts me to check what the others are. That then leads me to see more specific ones (like earning Tel Var, or complete Arenas, or play BG) and it gives me an excuse to go play other content! It's subtle and minor enough (a couple seals missed if I don't do it) that I don't feel SUPER COMPELLED to go do it. BUT it's also a nice excuse to go to guild chat and be like "Anyone want to group for a BG? It's the endeavor for the day."

TLDR; I think the Endeavor system is subtly good in a way players don't give it credit for. It should be appreciated for the easy, slow burn rather than complain that you don't get what you want NOW; like some petulant child! It's FREEEEEEE!
    Edited by Billium813 on January 31, 2023 8:03PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    I like that they are mostly activities that I do anyway (Defeat enemies using Class or Weapon abilities, Harvest resource nodes, Complete 1 Dungeon, ect), allowing me to passively save up for some nice crown store items! It's a nice thing to see that completion status on the screen and I go "oh ya! Endeavors is a thing! Nice!".

I also like that sometimes they are activities that I don't do normally and now have a minor incentive to do those things! Usually, I complete one of the generic endeavors like those I listed above and that prompts me to check what the others are. That then leads me to see more specific ones (like earning Tel Var, or complete Arenas, or play BG) and it gives me an excuse to go play other content! It's subtle and minor enough (a couple seals missed if I don't do it) that I don't feel SUPER COMPELLED to go do it. BUT it's also a nice excuse to go to guild chat and be like "Anyone want to group for a BG? It's the endeavor for the day."

TLDR; I think the Endeavor system is subtly good in a way players don't give it credit for. It should be appreciated for the easy, slow burn rather than complain that you don't get what you want NOW; like some petulant child! It's FREEEEEEE!
    Only if you regard the many hours spent accumulating endeavour seals as "free".
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    vsrs_au wrote: »

I think if you are spending "many hours" focusing down endeavors, you're doing it wrong. It sounds like you are treating the endeavors as a chore, rather than plus. What do you do when you play? Just writs and log off? Go play some different content.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think if you are spending "many hours" focusing down endeavors, you're doing it wrong. It sounds like you are treating the endeavors as a chore, rather than plus. What do you do when you play? Just writs and log off? Go play some different content.
    I do lots of different activities when I play the game, endeavours are just one of these. There are some crown store items I want to get, but I refuse to support gambling via crown crates (and gems), and the items I want aren't purchaseable by crowns. My only option is to accumulate enough endeavour seals to get these items. So I'm just playing the game as intended, not doing it wrongly.
    Edited by vsrs_au on January 31, 2023 8:43PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Especially flesh, iron and air atronachs. Or void creatures. Or when everyone is hunting for thieves troves at the same time...
    When the recent thieves trove endeavour appeared, I spent a few hours trying to find one, and it very quickly stopped being a fun game. That's one of my least favourite endeavours. I like the suggestion earlier in the thread that we should accumulate some endeavour seals just from time played.

Too easy to abuse, just like the Twitch drops (although why anyone would bother to set up a muted stream on their phone while at work just to get an emote is utterly beyond me).
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    The endeavor system isn’t meant to be effective or enjoyable for players. It’s meant to be the bare minimum to address some EU member states’ anti-loot box legislation while tacitly telling players the only realistic way to get that radiant mount is the loot boxes.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Too easy to abuse, just like the Twitch drops (although why anyone would bother to set up a muted stream on their phone while at work just to get an emote is utterly beyond me).
    One easy solution to that is to link the endeavour seals to XP, this would be difficult to abuse I think.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

One easy solution to that is to link the endeavour seals to XP, this would be difficult to abuse I think.

Didn't Nefas get to 3600CP in 10 days farming XP during a holiday event? Should he have have gotten 200,000 Endeavors doing that? What about how he doesn't gain XP anymore?

I think tying Endeavors with XP is a bad idea. It doesn't promote gameplay, it incentivizes farming XP, which isn't fun. It sounds like you just want to do writs all day and farm BRP.; AND get rewarded for that with crown store items. [snip]

[Edit for Bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 31, 2023 11:31PM
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't do them on purpose, but it's satisfying when the message pops up saying I've earned some seals through just playing the way I do.

I got my dwarven guar through the endeavours. It is awesome.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. I rarely check to see what's needed, and I still have enough endeavors to buy whatever I want from the store.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    at least we can get some stuff without having to pay real money
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't think it's effective given how it takes daily grind for 8 months for a radiant apex mount, especially when ZOs doesn't have a pattern of returning crate seasons, and the cycling is not fast. It results in people holding on to their seals for ages in case their dream mount comes back, and not buying other things, or spending the seals just before the mount returns, and then having to wait potentially 1-2 years for it to appear again. It's terribly off-putting. They hae to either give us a schedule of crate season re-release, or cycle them a lot faster. I also don't think it's enjoyable because they have increased the objectives a lot more than how they were when the seals were introduced: for example, now we have to pickpocket/decorate/kill, etc. a lot more to get the objective completed than a few months ago. Not to mention that the number of seals awarded has decreased over time. It's a very consumer-unfriendly system, and we wouldn't need it if it wasn't for the loot boxes. I wish they would do away with this model already, it's very predatory and demonstrably harmful to people with gambling issues.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Personally, I'd consider the use of XP scrolls at a dolmen to be every bit as much of an abuse.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Personally, I'd consider the use of XP scrolls at a dolmen to be every bit as much of an abuse.
    I never mentioned the use of XP scrolls at dolmens, so where did that come from?
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    It's fun, but it's not effective. It's a risk management measure for them against pro-consumer legislation. As the consumer, we have no idea what's in store for the year, or even the month at times, so we have to be really stringent with what we use the SOEs on. That one off costume or style? That's going to cost you the possibility of getting a mount further in the year. Even with doing them daily, you still can't earn a respectable amount of things in the store.
    Edited by Destai on January 31, 2023 10:18PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I have a few locations that I know about, which I check whenever this endeavor comes up. It can take a little while to find one, but usually less than half an hour:

- Alik'r Desert: This is my usual go-to location. There's one that spawns in Satakalaam, in a niche or tomb in the rock wall a bit to the right of the doorway leading to the Motalion Necropolis. If it isn't there, I go inside the Motalion Necropolis because there are a few that spawn in the niches or tombs throughout there.
    - Bal Foyen: There's one that spawns on a ledge overlooking the water, by a cushion and other stuff, just east of Fort Zeren.
    - Glenumbra: There's one that spawns under the little bridge that's between Daggerfall and Deleyn's Mill.
    - Vvardenfell: There's one that spawns by a gravestone or memorial on a hillside between the Molag Mar Wayshrine and the Shrine of Azura. There's also one that spawns up on a hill facing the ruins north of the West Gash Wayshrine that are overrun by vampires, near a treasure chest just before you get to Salothan's Council.

Obviously there are many, many more throughout the many zones, but those are ones that have stuck in my mind and are easy for me to remember. I don't use addons, but I'm sure there are addons that indicate where they spawn. However, I'd rather go to a few locations I know about and keep checking until one spawns than ride all over creation checking every spawning point in one zone after another.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I just do the ones I feel like doing and ignore the rest.

Have managed to buy at least one radiant apex mount and a bunch of other stuff I wanted from the crates, too be honest there isn't much in them that I ever want.

If they want to tempt me into buying something they will have better luck just selling it direct for crowns.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I never mentioned the use of XP scrolls at dolmens, so where did that come from?

You stated your opinion that endeavours should be linked to XP which couldn't be easily abused. If that were the case, it automatically follows that people would complete their endeavours in the fasted possible way, namely by using XP scrolls at a dolmen. I would consider that an abuse of the system of linking endeavours to XP, wouldn't you?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I have a few locations that I know about, which I check whenever this endeavor comes up. It can take a little while to find one, but usually less than half an hour:

- Alik'r Desert: This is my usual go-to location. There's one that spawns in Satakalaam, in a niche or tomb in the rock wall a bit to the right of the doorway leading to the Motalion Necropolis. If it isn't there, I go inside the Motalion Necropolis because there are a few that spawn in the niches or tombs throughout there.
    - Bal Foyen: There's one that spawns on a ledge overlooking the water, by a cushion and other stuff, just east of Fort Zeren.
    - Glenumbra: There's one that spawns under the little bridge that's between Daggerfall and Deleyn's Mill.
    - Vvardenfell: There's one that spawns by a gravestone or memorial on a hillside between the Molag Mar Wayshrine and the Shrine of Azura. There's also one that spawns up on a hill facing the ruins north of the West Gash Wayshrine that are overrun by vampires, near a treasure chest just before you get to Salothan's Council.

Obviously there are many, many more throughout the many zones, but those are ones that have stuck in my mind and are easy for me to remember. I don't use addons, but I'm sure there are addons that indicate where they spawn. However, I'd rather go to a few locations I know about and keep checking until one spawns than ride all over creation checking every spawning point in one zone after another.
    Thanks, I appreciate the info, and will keep that in mind for the next time. :)
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Effective: Yes

Enjoyable: No
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You stated your opinion that endeavours should be linked to XP which couldn't be easily abused. If that were the case, it automatically follows that people would complete their endeavours in the fasted possible way, namely by using XP scrolls at a dolmen. I would consider that an abuse of the system of linking endeavours to XP, wouldn't you?
    I never mentioned anything about dolmens, so please stop mentioning them in relation to my posts.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just another boring mandatory. Better than nothing, but not so enjoyable.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I enjoy the system as it rewards me for stuff I'm doing anyway. I don't check the and obsess over them, I am just pleased when I get a bonus.

As for crates, I buy 1 or 2 if it looks like something good is in them but more often than not, I turn them into gems. I collect the twitch crates and turn those into gems. Thats how I get the few crown store items I like.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Just another boring mandatory. Better than nothing, but not so enjoyable.

Mandatory? You must be playing a different game than me, because in the game I'm playing they're entirely optional.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • couriersix
    couriersix
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've gotten two radiant apexes out of endeavors and a number of other items, just from daily gameplay alone. The system could be less grindy, but I definitely prefer it as opposed to something like a battle pass since it's at your own pass, free and items cycle back in regularly.
    PC / NA - cp 1000+ - EP magicka necro.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more poll without "Other". There are probably lot of players who like it partially and can't answer just yes or no. I'm one.

I find good that it's optional and the concept of a selection of tasks out of which 3 to choose. So for that it would be yes.
    I dislike the rewards. I purchased a horse one, since then, my endeavors pile up untouched because there is nothing interesting me (Maybe if they would add houses or furnishing or whatever else... ). So for that, it would be no.

I keep doing it my own way: I do tasks only if they're "on the go". Like for example, if I harvest a wood log and it's a task, then I harvest the next ones to complete. But I don't go for tasks on purpose.

Edited by DreamyLu on February 1, 2023 5:25AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Eh, it's a fun little distraction. As long as you're not forcing yourself to do them all every day/week, It's a good side activity to do while you're doing quests or waiting for your queue.

Not sure how "effective" it is in appeasing certain parties or bypassing certain laws, though. I guess time will tell.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    Maybe if they would add houses or furnishing or whatever else.

Sometimes they do have furnishings. I've gotten several pieces.
    PCNA
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a question. It exists for ZOS to get ahead of anti-gambling laws. Of course it's effective. For them.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB