The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think the seals of endeavor system is effective/enjoyable?

• Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I just wish we had a way to earn more
  • Sidonius
    Sidonius
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, replace it with fixing sneak.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    When they're easy, yes.

When they're not they're an exercise in tedium. Especially when it's "Go here and kill thos mob type where there's only one reliable area for the spawns".
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    When they're easy, yes.

When they're not they're an exercise in tedium. Especially when it's "Go here and kill thos mob type where there's only one reliable area for the spawns".

Lemme guess: refering to storm and flesh atronachs? 😋
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be an other. Still haven't spent any as I'm waiting on a mount I actually like enough to use, but I'm ok with the system.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    storm and flesh atronachs? 😋

Especially flesh, iron and air atronachs. Or void creatures. Or when everyone is hunting for thieves troves at the same time...
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Can't complain about free stuff, but endeavours (like most of events, because the core issue is the same) did their part in reducing my enjoyment with the game. Almost all tasks there requiere me to do some pointless braindead things I don't enjoy and that don't benefit me as a player in any meaningful way. Yea, sure, let's craft glyphs to immediately destroy them because why not. Or chug 4 drinks in a row. Or swap mundus stones. Or craft an Ashen Grip item. And etc. and etc..

Inb4: I know that those aren't mandatory and I'm glad that you can ignore them, I can't.
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah, I personally enjoy it. I've been taking an extended hiatus from raiding/dungeoneering and it's been great to have some casual activities to work towards.

Also it leads to in-game rewards which I think this game needs more of.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Syldras wrote: »
    storm and flesh atronachs? 😋

Especially flesh, iron and air atronachs. Or void creatures. Or when everyone is hunting for thieves troves at the same time...

Those are the ones I usually skip.

Sometimes if I'm half-watching TV or otherwise don't feel like doing much and I can remember where to find the right type of enemy I'll go to one of the spots which is inevitably packed with people farming them and wait for some to spawn, but otherwise I skip it.

There was an interesting discussion when one endeavour needed some obscure type of atronach and by trial and error/accident players found out that some objects in the game, particularly totems spawned by Blackwood bosses, counted towards it. That was an interesting insight into game design (my guess is the atronach did everything they needed the new object to do, so they just made a version which didn't walk around and changed the model to look like a totem instead) but I would not have wanted to try to find them on my own.

The 'kill X foes with weapons/class abilities' or 'kill X of common creature type' ones I usually ignore at first, sometimes I finish it without really trying and other times I notice I'm close and go out of my way to do the last few, but otherwise I wouldn't make an effort for it because it's boring.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    When they're easy, yes.

Yeaaaah. Atronach anything makes my heart sink honestly...
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I generally do not care about contents of crates and would not buy any loot grates in any game even if I cared but its nice to have a possibility to earn occasional item by playing the game in case something desirable (to me) turns up. IMO the implementation could be better. (Like simply drop seals when player earns experience &cet with cooldown of T minutes up to max of N seals per day.)
    Edited by rpa on January 31, 2023 12:50PM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i like that i can earn cosmetics in-game. i dont think i would say that i enjoy endeavors.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, it allows me to get things that are also being sold on the crown and gem stores that I don’t have to spend real $ for. My only complaint is how overpriced everything is. I’ll have to save for over a year to get that pretty elk mount. That’s a bit much.
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    When i play the game, instead of doing things to get the seals of endeavor, i find myself concidentially earning them while i am doing what i like to do in the first place, whatever activity or action that might be.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    First of all, thank you for the simple Yes/No options without additional verbiage that casts each choice in a particular light. An Other option might have been good, but that's another matter.

I enjoy earning Seals of Endeavor and spending them-- usually on mounts, but occasionally on pets.

There are so many possible activities in this game that it can be difficult for me to decide what to do after logging in. Things like the Daily Endeavors, the Weekly Endeavors, and the Events are like helpful suggestions which remind me about places to go and things to do which I might not have done lately, so they help prod and guide me. It's sort of like visiting a large city for an extended time but there's so much to do and see, and waking up each morning to find that the hotel has put together a list of several popular places to see or activities to do in the city, so that guests who are looking for something to do can choose from the suggestions, and the next day there's a list of different popular places and activities. No one is forcing anyone to go anywhere or do anything in particular, but if anything on the list looks appealing to you then you can choose accordingly-- or not, if you prefer to go do your own thing.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    INM wrote: »
    Can't complain about free stuff, but endeavours (like most of events, because the core issue is the same) did their part in reducing my enjoyment with the game. Almost all tasks there requiere me to do some pointless braindead things I don't enjoy and that don't benefit me as a player in any meaningful way. Yea, sure, let's craft glyphs to immediately destroy them because why not. Or chug 4 drinks in a row. Or swap mundus stones. Or craft an Ashen Grip item. And etc. and etc..

Inb4: I know that those aren't mandatory and I'm glad that you can ignore them, I can't.

I'm generally ok with the tasks but the multiple food/drink ones are just stupid. It's not something you would ever normally do during play as there is zero benefit.

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not, it is suspected that it was implemented to address loot boxes/ethical issues (ZOS isn't the biggest offender here, EA was)
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like the system. I'm not to much a fan of the crown crates at all and only ever use them if one is gifted to me or I earn one through outside means like streams. However that's not to say the system itself is great. As it stands I feel it is completely bare minimum, which is all they needed to keep with the laws and while I suspect it will remain this way for the foreseeable future, I can o my hope that one day the system will see an improvement. Bigger payouts, or even being able to do all the endevs to begin with. As it stands, grinding from 0 to, what was it, 18k tokens for the mounts? It's a joke. By the time you get there it could either be gone or you find a new mount you want and regret the purchase, or have to sacrifice spending any at all on the smaller items such as emotes, costumes, and housing items just for the pricier stuff.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like it except for the fact that I think either the cost of items should be lowered (at least in epic and below tiers) or amount of seals earned should be increased.

It allowed me to get the perfect mount for my main character that I would have never been able to get since I refuse to buy crates. It's a radiant apex so I couldn't have even saved up gems from ouroboros crates.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I would find it more rewarding if either we got more Seals or if items costed less. As it is now there 100% is still a FOMO factor; if you want a Legendary item, there's not much wiggle room to miss Weeklies, and if you want an Apex? Yeah good luck, you won't be able to get those unless you've already been saving for months and months and missing out on other stuff you might want.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Without even trying you will get at least 1 if not 2 daily. the weekly unless you refuse to do group content you will get easily just playing an hour or 2 a night min.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    Yes i got up to 16000 a few days ago and purchased a apex mount the blue horse dont remember name right now.

Planemeld courser is the mount
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I understand that it is popular, but I don't really care about it. I often get endeavors completed automatically and that's fine, but I don't ever look at what they are or plan any activity to specifically do them.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes, but really you’ve asked two different questions which deserve different answers.

Is the system effective? Yes. It’s an effective, if not efficient, way to earn crown crate items through gameplay. Smaller items can be earned easily and more rare/desirable items take considerably more time commitment. It’s effective at that.

Is the system enjoyable? Not really. I always appreciate completing a daily or weekly endeavor through normal gameplay, but I rarely look to see what the current endeavors are, and very few times have I done something specifically to complete one. It doesn’t compel or inspire gameplay for me.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I wish there was a neutral option. I went with "No" because even though I like endeavors, I think there could be improvements to the system.

I do the endeavors most days and the weekly ones almost all the time. I like them because they do add something to the game. I also like that I can use the seals to buy stuff that I could normally only get if I bought crown crates.

Having said that, some of them are tedious, like when you have to kill specific types of enemies but there's only one or two places they spawn overland. This results in mobs of players all competing for the same spawns. Same goes for killing bosses in specific dungeons/delves. Why not ANY dungeon/delve?

Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot of variety. Given the amount of things you can do in the game, the same endeavors constantly pop up (especially for the weekly endeavor). And they don't seem to have added anything specific to the newer DLCs (lava vents, etc.).

Finally, there's sometimes a disconnect between the effort involved and the number of seals rewarded.

Overall, I like the system and it has enhanced gameplay for me, but I think they could make it even better.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    When they're easy, yes.

Yeaaaah. Atronach anything makes my heart sink honestly...

Mine too, but then I spot that the weekly endeavour is to harvest 80 or 100 nodes and my heart lifts again :smiley: !
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think the system is great, but they could tweak the amount of endeavors rewarded OR they could recycle old crown crates waaaaaay more often than usual. Like one or two old seasons should be brought back each month, not just to honor events like Elsweyr and New Moon crates.

Then the crown crates become a little less cringy lootboxey, and more frequent to earn rewards by playing the game.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine.

I don't care at all about apex/radiant mounts, and in fact actively dislike most of them, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest that I can't use endeavors to get one once a month or whatever. I don't go out of my way to do endeavors, but have still earned enough from them to pick up a few items in the middle tiers every crown crate season so far since we've had them, which is the only range of items I care about, anyway.

I also appreciate that they seem to put some thought into matching up endeavors with events. Not just "do one holiday quest," but on a deeper level. Like last week, during the ESO+ free trial, the weekly endeavor was to collect 100 materials out in the world... perfect timing for those trying to take advantage of the temporary free craft bag.

I do usually look at the endeavors most days to see what they are, but I'm not going to do something (e.g., trials or battlegrounds) I would never do anyway. Sometimes I might, say, wait a day or two to deconstruct items, if I'm not in a rush. Or spam mementos a few times to quickly get the seals. But nothing burdensome or time-consuming.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't like having to wait nearly 2 years for the nightfall crate to return but I'm 1k away from a radiant apex reward. But it feels very good having to work for your rewards rather than throw away almost 1k dollars at trying to get the reward you want.
    Edited by dragonlord500 on January 31, 2023 6:18PM
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't ever look to see what the endeavors are but I usually get most when I play just from normal gameplay.

I also don't suffer from FOMO, after playing dozens of MMO's over the years, I don't feel the need to log into the game just to collect more virtual items that will eventually disappear.

Is the system effective? Since its main and real purpose is to circumvent foreign gambling laws when it comes to crown crates then I'd say it is.

This, i glance at them daily and don't even bother trying to go for any unless they are easy ones I can get out of teh way instantly like craft 5 items.
    It is essentially just a passive reward that will lead to some cosmetic in the future, not a big deal.