The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2023 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom!

• kumenit_taeynav
    kumenit_taeynav
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanted something different for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    im honestly kinda disappointed based on the global reveal stream and the loading screens that come up before you hit the character select screen as well as the character select screen itself. it feels like the ultimate nostalgia grab to boost player count since the devs dropped the ball so damn hard last year and doesnt seem to do anything new with the setting.
    Morrowind has been explored to death now. tes3, the Dragonborn dlc of tes5, the 3 already existing base game zones in eso, and the Morrowind dlc of eso. we really dont need *that* much Morrowind in my own opinion. the loading screens and the character select screen i mentioned above dont show off anything unique about the environment either; i can see literally the exact same mushrooms all over the morrowind zones in eso except for 1. couldnt even bother changing the colours of the flora and fauna to make it *feel* different from the rest of morrowind.
    they were really hyping up the nostalgia factor from tes3 and tes5 Dragonborn dlc too with getting to see Morrowind and Apocrypha, perhaps going a bit too far saying we havent visited the Telvanni Peninsula since tes3 which is factually incorrect as the region makes no appearance in tes3.
    eso does NOT do nostalgia well 99% of the time. Western Skyrim feels like a 1:1 copy of the region from tes5 despite there being about a thousand years between these games, Vvardenfell doesnt feel very much different than it did in tes3 with nostalgic words such as drakes carelessly sprinkled in without any care for the world building of eso or tes3. the only time eso has done nostalgia well is in the base game High Rock zones where people whove played tes2 might recognize stuff like the road textures or the type of trees or even some of the notes to the ambient music, just real subtle stuff that you dont need to have played tes2 to appreciate on its own. eso nostalgia is very bold and in your face which i personally dont like.
    i wouldve much rather had a dlc set in a much less explored region or culture of Tamriel such as Hammerfell or the Bosmer so the eso world building devs could stretch their wings and do some more of their own stuff.
  • Dimes
    Dimes
    Soul Shriven
    Now that we know Necrom will be giving us a new class and character slot to go with that, can I please please please beg you guys to make paid outfit slots account wide already? It's kinda ridiculous as it is now.

With a new character, it would cost us 15000 to unlock all the outfit slots for the new character. At the moment, with 9 characters, it'd cost 135000 coins to unlock all the outfit slots for everyone. That's thousands of RL dollars. I know you are a business but c'mon guys. Seriously.

If you delete or remake a character... you lose the paid slot. All of this would be avoided if paid outfit slots were account wide. I feel like 15000 for all the slots is more than enough. It would cost more than the fancy version of Necrom to get them, even if they were shared. Please make them shared.

So I hope the devs see this, I seriously just made an forum account just so I could post this here. And I think the same should go for the armory builds being account wide but that's an argument for another time, lol.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimes wrote: »
    Now that we know Necrom will be giving us a new class and character slot to go with that, can I please please please beg you guys to make paid outfit slots account wide already?

Recommend you don't hold your breath. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    I'm happy about the zone, but I didn't want a new class. As a one character player, I guess I can safely ignore it though, so there's that.

You're severely missing out by only having 1 character. An Arcanist will be my 10th.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    I'm happy about the zone, but I didn't want a new class. As a one character player, I guess I can safely ignore it though, so there's that.

You're severely missing out by only having 1 character. An Arcanist will be my 10th.
    Since AWA I have have only one working char. I have 3 drones for writs, they are the same class as my main.

The day the AWA was implemented against my wishes, I started the slow death of 17 characters.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on April 10, 2023 12:43AM
  • Wuduwasa13
    Wuduwasa13
    ✭✭✭
    Very excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    I am eager based on the latest dungeons, which feel fresh and interesting to me. I love the ‘otherness’ of Apocrypha & Hermaeus Mora, so I’m hoping you’ve fully embraced the lovecraftian horror of it all and give us some awesome new mounts, styles & storyline etc. the only thing that dulls my anticipation is the enduring issues in pvp (cyrodil) which are absolutely beyond frustrating.

On a wider note however, it would be a morale boost for the community if zos surveyed, polled & correctly interpreted feedback, then based future content on that which is most widespread across all mediums.

Things I’d like to see in the future:

- spell crafting skill line
    - darker & more intriguing storylines. Game is an 18 +, go commission a horror writer to help develop a story.
    - account wide mount speed / stam / inventory
    - crown ‘effect’ packs you can purchase & also earn through completing difficult content, that allows you to customise weapons with effects.
    - Body / armour effects
    - Mount dyes.
    - Better skins & personalities.
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    i'm whelmed, honestly very happy about about the theme and setting of the expansion

But i am absolutely dreading having to make a new character to properly use the new class, the game needs a class change token/class changing or needs far more things to be account wide (mount training/crafting related things/skyshards/guild levels) for a new class to be something to look forward to
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    When I played the prologue on PTS I was positively surprised about what I thought was - finally! - an improvement in dialogue writing after dialogues got more silly and immature from year to year. Scholars now actually use a more refined and, from my point of view, completely appropriate language.

But now I read this:
    "Leramil the Wise regularly uses complicated words and phrases to explain even the simplest concepts. (...) Her use of fancy words confused me at first, and she seemed truly baffled while attempting to engage me in casual conversation. However, when I asked her what she thought of the esoteric philosophy of Lord Vivec, she became much more coherent and animated. Even so, I didn’t understand a word she said about the subject."
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63799

Really?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any word on if Mirri will have more content at least in dialogue? Would be unfortunate if not since this is of course Morrowind and she’d be super interested in all this.
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Will take that as a no lol. Well I'll be bringing her along regardless as its fitting imo to have a dunmer sidekick along for the ride. Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised to hear some unique dialogue from her. The new companions don't really appeal to me.

That said I'm a lot more excited than I was prior to playing the prequel. I think this will be a pretty fun ride, looking forward to it quite a bit. A year of lovecraftian vibes definitely tickles my muatran milk finger lol.
  • Akasha_Mei
    Akasha_Mei
    ✭✭
    Honestly, H.Mora could had a thoughter voice, it's such a softy tone! After playing the prolong I confess the story was good, but I expected more "dangerous, thrilling " ambience in an active way (sunddening sounds, traps, AoE along long paths in dungeons...), It's too silent overall.
    The idea of invoke some tech related touch's in a green sort of ambient colour reminds very much the Matrix content, specially the subject about knowledge, unknown and fate.
    Btw, where are the pills to offer the proxys?
    Blue pill normal mode,
    Red pill hard mode.
    B)
    Kind Regards,Akasha Mei
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres some requested feedback. Many people want more in game earnable rewards in eso. Im no different. Necrom did not succeed at this, although maybe its a start to something.

The lack of rewards is extremely off putting to many potential and current players. And i feel like the fear from zos has always been that if you add in more rewards that are earnable in game, through achievements or other things done in game, players will not use the crown store as much. Things such as mounts, skins, houses, etc.

I think this is flawed. First i cant imagine how all the dlcs, chapters, eso plus subs, crazy amount of stuff on the crown store, housing furniture tab, and the crown crate lottery, arent more than enough to add in some good rewards and still be happy with sales. But even still, adding in better rewards wont make people stop using the crown store.

Like putting basic mounts in stables of chapters/dlcs, such as camels in hews bane, or wolves in the gold coast. Or adding in some mounts/skins/houses for harder/longer achievements. Such as master angler, former emp, etc. And even better rewards for zone completion. So, even if you do all that, if you put a flashy mount in a crown crate, people will still want it.

For example, if you took 2 of the most popular mounts in eso and put 1 in a crate and another for completing a zone, people would still want both. Because they are different. And that goes for anything. And by doing it that way you only better the game, make players happy, and still keep making money. This is a game, you are the devs, you can add whatever you want.

And while i do appreciate the mount acquired in necrom, its worlds away from how things should be. But if this is the start to something new, then great. I just hope you dont plan on leaving all the old zones/chapters/dlcs behind. I dont expect mounts like wow or rewards like some other games, not even close, but i think it can be done better while keeping everyone happy.
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and i guess another disappointment that strikes back every chapter release, every year, is a currency exchange. if zos added in a currency exchange on the crown store, similar to other mmos like guild wars 2, that would make buying crowns with gold a billion times better. Buying crowns from players sucks and the prices are ridiculous. Its all around unreliable, and an exchange for gold to crowns, at a stable price, on the crown store, would be amazing.

And everyone is happy. If you have a lot of gold and want crowns, you can buy crowns on the cash shop. And if you want to sell crowns for gold you can just buy crowns and exchange them for gold. And they could keep gifting alongside it for those who want to use it. I dont see a downside, especially considering it has worked great in other games.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    tralce wrote: »
    Well, now that we're getting a new class, and most of us are already at max character slots, we're gonna get class change tokens, right? Right?

I hope so. There's no way I'm starting ALL the zones from scratch again.
    Maybe inherit zones quest progress from a character no longer needed when creating a new Arcanist.
    (does that make sense?)

Thanks.
    PS4/PS5/EU