Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2023 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom!

• Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    I’m very excited for the Telvanni Peninsula and Apocrypha, a little bit excited for the two new companions, ZERO excited for the new class. And this is because I only play on a single character. Adding a class change token would make me finally play all the classes I would like to try and thus make me satisfied! Every time a new class comes up I feel underwhelmed! I would much more prefer the so much mentioned spellcrafting system, where I could learn new skills from different “schools” on my main.
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't watch the reveal, but did read the forums and the chapter buy page(s). Very excited for the new class, new zone, and new companions! Also very very very very very happy with the extra character slots! Morrowind has always been my most favorite zone, and this seems very similar.

All crafting stations will now be one? .. how does this work exactly, are these now accountwide, as I have two houses full of crafting set stations. Will we get vouchers returned if this is accountwide and we have doubles? Could use some more info here, especially as getting all the crafting stations is a lot of work.

PS: Probably the only one, but I'm glad there is no class change token, no difficult overland, and I'm not a PvPer. So all good there!
    PPS: For those complaining about getting a new character up to speed... this is a game, relax and do it slowly bit by bit. There is no need to rush or force yourself to do all those things. Enjoy the journey.

Edit: Another thing I'd like to know is, will the CP system be expanded upon. Like can we go to 10k CP instead of 3600 or something. And will we get more clusters to choose from, maybe even an extra 5th slot per CP tree.
    Edited by Sarannah on January 25, 2023 10:25PM
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭
    The Arcanist looks very interesting. Not at all what I expected, in a good way, and some of its skills look pretty fun. As a fan of Lovecraftian horror, I absolutely LOVE the cosmic horror vibe they're going for with Hermaeus Mora and Apocrypha. This is a storyline I think I'll really be able to get into!
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly what I hoped for, a new class.

Some people mention spell crafting but I never bothered with spell crafting in the old elder scrolls games. Classes are the way to go.

• Thretion
    Thretion
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted something different for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    Another Morrowind? Another empty class?Another bad evil))) Another unnecessary companions (not Altmer, right?) And you clearly understand what you are doing. I'm very eXcItEdely ExCiTedX))))))))))))).
    Edited by Thretion on January 25, 2023 10:26PM
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like Hermaeus Mora and I'm not into tentacles. Daedric princes on the whole I find quite boring.

On the other hand, I love Dunmer and their lore, and I think the Telvanni Peninsula could be really interesting.

I haven't decided if I'll play this one or not.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not interested in Horror cosmic or otherwise. Can't stand Dunmer, absolutely a race Ill never play. Companions are a poor substitute for decent development of story.

Everything is lime green, poor choice. Also everything looks dead.

Why bother?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    Mesite wrote: »
    Exactly what I hoped for, a new class.

Some people mention spell crafting but I never bothered with spell crafting in the old elder scrolls games. Classes are the way to go.

You never bothered with Spellcrafting in the old Elder Scrolls games, but classes - which have never been a thing in the old Elder Scrolls games - are the way to go? Mhhhhm…
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • YoWombat
    YoWombat
    ✭✭✭
    Most requested features: People asked for spellcrafting. People asked for new skill lines. People asked for a new weapon option to cast spells with a rune or book in one hand instead of being stuck with staves.

What we get: New skill lines... in the form of a new class themed around spellcrafting, with visual spell effects that show spellcasting with runes and a book. Nothing new for current characters who haven't received any new abilities since the Psijic line FIVE years ago.

Honestly it feels like they ARE listening, they KNOW what players want, but they are playing that corrupt a wish game.
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    Positives:
    • Happy we're getting a new class
    • Happy with the "endless" dungeon which sounds like our first duo content (finally)
    • Happy with the theme of the chapter
    Negatives
    • Unhappy with the lack of communication regarding the state of PvP
    • I don't think a new class was one of the most requested features. It seemed that the two most talked about ideas were spell crafting and overland difficulty. But we'll never know since ZoS don't put out many polls.
    | All classes | PC EU |
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neutral on the new class till I learn more. But I love the theme of story. I know that the quest content will be without challenge but I gave up on that. I wish there would have been more info on Q3 and Q4.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These pre-purchase mount and pet are... not very pleasant for my eyes. I'm not going to preorder the chapter.

The horse looks sick like a virulent form of leprosy.
  • Thretion
    Thretion
    ✭✭✭
    hat is um... very bold statement. I admire their confidence tbh.
    It's easy to be sure when you live out of touch with reality and when any "wrong" opinion is removed and banned.

• Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The class and companions look great but overall am quite disappointed as I feel the game also needed a major system that changed the overland like Spell crafting where it would add content to the entire world as players needed to explore and find new spells like was mentioned in 2014. The overland zones end up being bland and boring because they pose no challenge and Cyrodiil hasn't changed or had any shake up in years and requires a major facelift to make it interesting again. The Q4 system described sounds instanced PvE something that won't add life to the games hand crafting zones which need a facelift as well especially the major cities. Anyway my two cents
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did people have their hopes up on similar scale to hoping for seafaring in High Isle? Only this time speculating on “most requested feature”?

I expect that a new class has indeed been highly requested — probably more among players generally than specifically on the forums — of course that’s just speculation on my part. Also, there have been requests for different forms of magic, runes and the like, so maybe this also hits that mark?

I’m sorry for those disappointed it’s not spell crafting, but otherwise, what are you comparing this chapter to that you are disappointed? Was not the necromancer class the new feature of Elsweyr? Unless you just didn’t want a new class or this one isn’t to your taste, that’s understandable, of course. But it seems to me a valid addition based on past chapters, more than the past two years, and is a system that can be utilized by casuals, PvE end-gamers, and PvP players as well.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 25, 2023 11:01PM
  • demonology89
    demonology89
    ✭✭✭
    While I'm not a fan of dark elves or giant mushrooms and fungi, I am still always excited for new chapters.

First off, Apocrypha looks incredible and I can't wait to explore. The arcanist looks like a lot of fun to play. The sound effects for the skills are delightful!! Please give those developers my kudos! My biggest question though is around this new combo points system with the arcanist. I wish you all could have shared more info regarding it.

Second, thank you for the argonian companion. And thank you for finally focusing more on QoL and bugs. From a player who has been playing ESO for almost 7 years now, sure new content is exciting. But QoL and bug fixes have always needed more attention.
  • Hlanu
    Hlanu
    ✭✭✭
    Daedric-centered chapter, daedric-themed class and Apocrypha looks to be a beautiful zone. It's all I wanted and more, so I'm looking forward to it.
    Hlanu - Redguard Arcanist
    Tahemet at-Hubalajad - Redguard Sorcerer

PC EU
  • kadok00
    kadok00
    ✭✭
    Setting seems cool, class seems cool , if there isn't a way to get more character slots and I have to delete a character to play the new class I'll be pretty annoyed. Though class change tokens would work there as well.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadok00 wrote: »
    Setting seems cool, class seems cool , if there isn't a way to get more character slots and I have to delete a character to play the new class I'll be pretty annoyed. Though class change tokens would work there as well.
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Will we get more character slots? You know, for those of us already attached to 18 characters?

Yes! We are getting two new slots taking the total to 20!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying I wanted something different feels the same as ordering a steak dinner and getting served chicken liver
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit and Cthulu! What a delightful combination.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll admit that I'm pleasantly surprised. I was under the impression that new Classes couldn't be implemented due to Console limitations. Glad that was wrong. Looking forward to adding The Arcanist to my collection. And I love the Telvanni, trash tho they are. Now if y'all really want to make me happy we can start looking at Solstheim and a Werewolf overhaul and new Werebeast skill lines. Polish(verb) Vampire up a bit too. Also the return of Jabs and Flurry. Never letting that go.

2y3kro.gif

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Additional character slots?

I have 18 characters leveled up, with maxed out horse training, maxed out crafting lines and trait research, that are not being deleted.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Additional character slots?

I have 18 characters leveled up, with maxed out horse training, maxed out crafting lines and trait research, that are not being deleted.
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Will we get more character slots? You know, for those of us already attached to 18 characters?

Yes! We are getting two new slots taking the total to 20!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭
    Was PvP mentioned at all? It’s a huge part of ESO. Excited about the new content. Would’ve liked to hear more about their plans for quality of life improvements.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is OK but I really think the zone should have been larger considering you eluded to combining the chapter and the 4th quarter story zones rather than splitting them up. The reveal stated 30+ hours of content which looks more like 10 less hours of content in a chapter and you just truncated the 4th quarter Story. (so 50 hours of story content down to 30 for the year)

To be honest I will have to wait to see if I will pre-order, like I usually wind up doing, or wait until the end of the year when it is half price or heck just wait for when it will be free with the next chapter pre-order.

As far as the new class goes, I'm not to excited about playing through the content, yet again, just to build up a character to CP level and have it be useful. It does look cool though, at least on the surface but I highly doubt it will work in a way that lives up to my expectations.

I'm also not crazy about the zones and that big secret you have to keep from Nirn better not be a cliff hanger that waits until next year to advance the story.

On the bright side, at least I still have half of my character slots open, so I won't run into the issues others are going to have.

Edit: p.s. Where is the option for "I can't believe they put up an actual poll for this?"
    Edited by Casdha on January 25, 2023 11:26PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Redtrek524
    Redtrek524
    ✭✭
    Much better than last years "expansion." The new class looks interesting, and the ol Herma Mora arc was one of my favorites from Skyrim. I'm hoping in the months to come more will be revealed.

I'm disappointed that no hand cast magic/spellsword is in the mix. I dont pvp, but I understand and sympathize with those who do and are yet again left out.

Its good that some QoL features are coming in. I just hope they'll be more...options to mute dialogue, hide pets, hide armor flaps, etc.

My biggest wish - real crossbows seems like yet another "not gonna happen..." 😕
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very meh.
    I was hoping for spellcrafting, something to revitalize old characters and old zones that we already have since we're getting less new content, half the dungeons, half the zones of story content.. well so we're just getting half of the things to do on our old characters... and instead their solution is "make a new character!"
    nevermind the 6 months of daily mount training.
    nevermind that it means our old characters still have tons of unused skillpoints and are getting stale
    nevermind that the new class is basically going to play like what we're familiar with already with a damage, tanking, and healing skill lines just now with "new"* (*old, wow rogue and other classes have done similar mechanics for decades) combo point system!

I don't find the new companions interesting either, so really this expansion all it has to offer.. is about 30 hours of story content.. and 2 dungeons and that's basically it for a year.

Why did I decide to do a 6 month sub recently rather than month to month? I did month to month precisely so I could cancel my sub when they do things like this and I don't want to pay for the game for awhile.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin , will there be any true "upgrade" offered ? I followed the link to the pre-purchase page, and it only offers the new chapter with all the previous ones. That's no use to me, because I already own the previous ones. So naturally, I'm reluctant to pay the advertised price just to get 1 chapter.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see a chapter dedicated to my favorite Daedric Prince Hermaeus Mora. Can't wait to make a new character.
    Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.