Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2023 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom!

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted something different for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Sigh.

Very disappointing. Not really in what is being released, but with the ritual blackout of information. Nothing on the upcoming DLC that is releasing in just a few weeks. Very little information about the new class. Very little information about the last half of the year.

It was pretty much a waste of my time. Do better next year, please.

What we should get: ptn0gugs585k.png

What we got: p1h0zlv0f575.png

Because we get class updates and quality of life updates each chapter.

New sets, housing too

Yeah, and I am sure when ZOS reads my comment, they are confused too. The point is that each quarter, LOTRO is getting a list of updates, including events, changes, new features, and all of them are listed out. Sure, not detailed, but it is there. What ESO gets are a couple words that don't say anything at all. This show was a 2023 story reveal, and they did the absolute minimum, then called it a day.

They wasted everyone's time. They really told us nothing that could not have been done in a tweet, not that I am suggesting that be the course of action. However, it would have been cheaper than assembling that set. It probably took them longer to assemble and disassemble than the time they were actually standing there.

Now they are promising more information, but that show was when they had their chance to do exactly that, and they didn't. They know what is going on in 3Q and 4Q. They are not still making the big decisions. They are teasing instead of informing.

People like me, disillusioned by mistakes of the past, bolstered by poor communication from the studio and publisher, were looking for information that would answer questions and concerns. They didn't even follow through on what Firor said last month.

They wasted my time. I am not amused.

Totally agree with you.
    In my opinion, this was by far the worst reveal stream they ever made.
    They also should have added the live stream with Gina and Jessica right after the reveal instead of passing it to another day.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    Community has been begging for new classes for years and now suddenly it isn't one of the "most requested" requests?

It's certainly more requested, and has more agreement on it, than vet overland, as much as I want vet overland.
    As heavily requested as it is, there's an equal amount who are against it when it's debated on social media.
    I'd know, I've argued for Vet Overland for years.

I just don't know where people are getting some of their expectations from this year.

I love PvP but it's painfully obvious ZoS won't be adding anything to it.
    Have you not seen the Creative Directors stance on PvP? In his streams he's against it and doesn't understand why people enjoy it.

Spell crafting is too much of a problem for them to balance and deal with, look at how they handle what we currently have.
    Which is why nothing has come of it since its reveal almost ten years ago.
    As far as I can tell, it only gained such popularity in the last few weeks after someone uploaded a YouTube video on it.

I went in with low expectations, expecting them to do another minigame or something dumb like Companion Romance, so I'm pleasantly surprised it's a new class and more character slots.

People here are setting their expectations much higher than what ZoS has shown us they are actually capable of.

The class change group are as unhappy as always cause they want everything done on their alts when you really don't need to do everything again to make them good.
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Community has been begging for new classes for years and now suddenly it isn't one of the "most requested" requests?

It's certainly more requested, and has more agreement on it, than vet overland, as much as I want vet overland.
    As heavily requested as it is, there's an equal amount who are against it when it's debated on social media.

Then you shoud know that the topic has been discussed so often, so many times, by so many people that it got its own official feedback thread. No topic has done that before. While the 'add a new class' requests have been appearing once in a while and will be - once you get the arcanist class people will still ask for more: bard, druid, whatever.

ZOS decided to go the safe way and at this point it's just too little, not enough. Especially since their official letter from a month ago indicated that we could expect something different, yet the formula is still there but with less content this year.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Easily predicted. :smile: It is requested every time they don't provide a new class, so this is just the normal disassociative state for the player population. Easily in the Top N requested features.

I don't mind a new class. I would have preferred a new weapon, but it is far better than other things that have been mentioned.

I probably won't use the new class. ESO is much less "alt friendly" since AwA and I have little interest in starting a new class where so many things are already achieved and accomplished. If I do, I will level it just to try it, then delete it. It is unlikely to be my main character.
    I went in with low expectations, expecting them to do another minigame or something dumb like Companion Romance, so I'm pleasantly surprised it's a new class and more character slots.

Necom and HM are OK. Not super excited, but not objecting. Arcanist is the same. I was more looking for reasons that I should resubscribe to ESO Plus. That remains a full stop, and on top of that, I feel no pull at all to pre-purchase Necrom.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

Then you shoud know that the topic has been discussed so often, so many times, by so many people that it got its own official feedback thread. No topic has done that before. .

Yup. Where's there's 151 pages of people arguing for and against a change to this day.
    Many want it, just as many don't. I'd prefer it over a new class too but.

But yeah as you said, ZoS played it safe and just went with a new class.
    Discussions for a new class were more frequent before ZoS said they couldn't do them, I guess most people just gave up talking about it.

• amonengelb16_ESO
    amonengelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but in my opinion there could have been so much cooler features than … a new class. Simply put … its an underwhelming feature for this kind of MMO. I don't think that Spellcrafting or something like that would work in ESO.

But implementing more Skilltrees in general, like "Magic Damage Destruction Staves" and a "One Handed Weapon + Magic" … Even a Bard-Skilltree would have been more exciting than the Arcanist. And the whole game it won't make a real difference. Its a feature for a new character and not for existing ones. And classes simply are less diverse in ESO than in other MMORPGs. In this part, I simply don't understand why Zenimax did not choose to create Daedra-themed skilltrees to choose from.

I won't replay the game with the Arcanist, because it would result in a similiar experience like on my Nightblade or Necromancer.

I had the impression that the upcoming chapter is something like "More of the same". Which is – as said – really underwhelming for this kind of announcement.
    Edited by amonengelb16_ESO on January 26, 2023 2:52PM
    A chalice. Bound to be filled with your tears of salt.
  • Hesperax79
    Hesperax79
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

Yup. Where's there's 151 pages of people arguing for and against a change to this day.
    Many want it, just as many don't. I'd prefer it over a new class too but.

No one begging for new class. This is useless for all of us who already has a main char(s) Who the hell will go trough again on the
    - prophet questline
    - make a dolmen round to level up skills
    - visit all the pshijic time hole?
    - find a fkn lorebooks?
    - etc...

And not many want - many don't. 47% of the player say: NO, THIS IS BAD!!!!
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can you be so out of touch to claim to be one of the best PvP games on the market, are you even playing your own game?
    PvP hasnt been good in literally years.
    Blatant *** lie and in front of tens of thousands of people.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    How can you be so out of touch to claim to be one of the best PvP games on the market, are you even playing your own game?

I thought that was a funny comment to make. Tone deaf in the extreme.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somewhat excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter

Yup.
    Eso has the potential to be incredible on this front. Extremely deep build and theorycrafting, fast paced action with high skill cap.

Improving this wouldn't even take that much effort in some regards.
    -Add a bg lobby, then premades can set up matches and guilds can do pvp training. Add some more maps.
    -Add group duels. Allow this in player homes.
    -Rework ic. 6 man group max, everyone is hostile unless they are in your group. You can respawn in any zone regardless of who holds flag.

These are just small adjustments to EXISTING pvp systems and zones, but that would breathe so much life back into this game. I know hundreds of veteran players who have left but would come back if stuff like this was done. Not to mention this would draw huge crowds of pvpers from other games.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that was a funny comment to make. Tone deaf in the extreme.

Yeah, I couldn't help from laughing when they mentioned "Open world PvP"
    The only change ZOS has made to cyro in years, was to add an armoury station. Which they didn't even bother to do at first, Lol.

• shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I just don't know where people are getting some of their expectations from this year.

I love PvP but it's painfully obvious ZoS won't be adding anything to it.
    Have you not seen the Creative Directors stance on PvP? In his streams he's against it and doesn't understand why people enjoy it.

Spell crafting is too much of a problem for them to balance and deal with, look at how they handle what we currently have.
    Which is why nothing has come of it since its reveal almost ten years ago.
    As far as I can tell, it only gained such popularity in the last few weeks after someone uploaded a YouTube video on it.

People here are setting their expectations much higher than what ZoS has shown us they are actually capable of.

The class change group are as unhappy as always cause they want everything done on their alts when you really don't need to do everything again to make them good.

I repeat, no one ever requested a horror show with tacky lime green everything and dark elves.
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping for more pvp related features, like more pvp events, maybe even just fixing the damn combat bug would be great.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the upcoming content but for God sake fix pvp!! Please!
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was pretty underwhelming, to be honest. [snip] Pete Hines had far more energy and seemed much more enthusiastic about the game.
    I might play the Arcanist, but I feel kind of meh about it.

I was extremely disappointed that there was zero mention of PvP updates...I mean, give us SOMETHING.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on January 26, 2023 7:40PM
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im looking forward to the 'endless dungeon' thing, hoping it Will be something really cool with good rewards from playing it and not just a new set B)
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great job with the stream. It looked very good.
    I'm sure the part from the "developers direct" will get many new players to the game. I think You adressed the ES fans target very well this year.

I've seen 3 global reaveal events, and this chapter looks very nice. Better than blackwood, better than high isle. New class is a cool feature for sure.

But, still, I hoped for something more. Something fresh, something brave.
    The endless dungeon looks more like it. Very exciting idea. But it is so far away from us. So much time to wait. And the new zone, well it will still be a trivial new zone.

Due to the whole spellcrafting speculations, I recently watched the ESO stream from 2014. Wow, so many big changes announced there. So many new features. The whole team looked hyped. The audience was cheering every 5 minutes.
    I wonder where did all that go? Maybe its just me, and I got bored with the concept that is still appealing to many players and will be appealing to many more players to come. Or maybe as a vet player I'am not in ESO's target anymore?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to the new chapter (especially the trial, always a firm favorite) and trying a new class.

Also very interested in a slightly more indepth view of some of the QoL features and the new big feature (I try to avoid the dungeon reviews as I love to run them blind so don't want to be spoilered)
    Soupy twist
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, from the comments here and elsewhere, MOST of the players feel the "new system" refers to the new Arcanist class. It was very easy to miss during the reveal that it is not, that the system is the infinite dungeon, but...

That’s because he flat out stated the class was the most requested and had a whole section of the stream on it, where the infinite dungeon got about one sentence.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tra_Lalan wrote: »
    I recently watched the ESO stream from 2014. Wow, so many big changes announced there. So many new features. The whole team looked hyped. The audience was cheering every 5 minutes.
    I wonder where did all that go? Maybe its just me, and I got bored with the concept that is still appealing to many players and will be appealing to many more players to come. Or maybe as a vet player I'am not in ESO's target anymore?

They have fallen back on a "formula" for these things. They do chapters one way. They do announcements one way. They are in a rut that is as boring as it gets, and why should there by hype and excitement every year. It's like getting excited over reruns of your favorite show the 5th time you've seen it.

As for "target audience"... I do not think that veterans or long time players are valued here. They seem to have the idea that everyone pops in, does something, spends money, and then goes away. People who have been around for years are like some groupie that doesn't know when the party is over and won't leave.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭

I repeat, no one ever requested a horror show with tacky lime green everything and dark elves.

I know, it's spooky, it's like they just ignored all the forums and just plucked the next chapter from the depths of my mind...
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Mesite wrote: »
    Exactly what I hoped for, a new class.

Some people mention spell crafting but I never bothered with spell crafting in the old elder scrolls games. Classes are the way to go.

You never bothered with Spellcrafting in the old Elder Scrolls games, but classes - which have never been a thing in the old Elder Scrolls games - are the way to go? Mhhhhm…

Morrowind and Oblivion had classes, of sorts, to give you a flavour of what was to come in ESO.

Also I equated the current skills to spells you would buy and use in the old games (vanilla spells which didn't have to be crafted - buy them and use them).
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh a bit disapointed besdie a neat story/area and companions there is nothing else without makign another alt

New class means a new character for which you need to :

-Grind all skill line
    -Train all 3 mounts stas
    -Hunt Skyshards
    -Explore all map
    -Buy inv slots

All over again some will not experience it because the grind is just too annoying to do again

The QoL addons in Q3 will have to bring class change token to the shop, I mean people are more than willing to pay for it

With Telvanni province + Hermaeus Mora things where pretty much screaming spellcrafting for most of us

The main thing all will experience without regrinding a new char is a nostalgia trip and 2 new companions which is the bog standard package for every chapter since blackwood

As other pointed, nothing groundbreaking : the game is still being played exactly the same way, overland dificulty is still tutorial level, PVP is still PVP from 5 years ago with just maybe some slightly better performances with hardware upgrade
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on January 26, 2023 6:12PM
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    Im looking forward to the 'endless dungeon' thing, hoping it Will be something really cool with good rewards from playing it and not just a new set B)

How does one get rewards if it's endless 🤔
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    XSTRONG wrote: »

How does one get rewards if it's endless 🤔

same way BRP/DSA give reward every area you cleared I guess
  • Grandsheba
    Grandsheba
    ✭✭✭
    I LOATHE new classes, the one of BIGGEST issues in this game is constant restarting on progress. This game has no real evolution just a constant cycle of resets. A new class is not bringing something new its something that we are familiar with, tutorials play and another hard grind back to the 3k cp system..

Herma mora is dope but the way you implemented the deadric prince of fate and knowledge is horrible. No black books? There are an infinite number of black books and they were one of the most Ineresting things in the dragonborn dlc so how did you miss this opportunity.

Lastly stop making new classes and make new skill lines, I feel this new update will be better received if you offered 3 new skill lines that revolves around finding black books and earning the black books through the storyline and other side quest. Allowing both new and vet players to expand in both lore and their builds. This saves spaces and resources as well for not needed a new character slot or the wasted time of logging out to switch gear and ect.

STOP MAKING NEW CLASSES AND MAKE NEW SKILL LINES!! Balance wise this opens up many opportunities to allow for other classes to catch up if they feel under performing as well instead of making yet another class you have to Balance with the previous poorly balanced ones.

You still have time to fix this:
    1. Change from new class to 3 new deadirc skill lines.
    2. Add black books to the quest that unlock the new skills and morphs making the storyline worth playing.
    3. Bring some level of difficulty or vet play for the questline to feel like an immersive threat to be played solo or with guild mates/friends.
    4. Pay attention to this thread and your long playing fan base, we don't like to restart over and over so stop doing that and just evolve the game by adding new skill lines and counters to what ever seems over powered, no more nerfs. We want to achive CHIM.
    "The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven and by its apex one can be as he will. Be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is [CHIM] the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals."
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the story be undermined by overland difficulty again?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on January 26, 2023 7:11PM
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    New class,nerfed and or broken as usual, nope. Another year of not subbing.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandsheba wrote: »
    4. Pay attention to this thread and your long playing fan base, we don't like to restart over and over so stop doing that and just evolve the game by adding new skill lines and counters to what ever seems over powered, no more nerfs. We want to achive CHIM.

I like new classes and creating new alts, and leveling them. I'm here nearly 6 years now - I'd say I'm a long playing fan myself. Each to her own of course.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better than I expected/feared. New Arcanist class that looked interesting in the stream, two new character slots so I can make an Arcanist without deleting one of my alts, a new chapter story that sounds interesting (Telvanni province + Hermaeus Mora), and an endless dungeon to play with guild mate/family member. I'm kind of meh about the two new companions, but I'll probably unlock them and try playing them.

Much better than last year for me, the card game was a non-starter for me, and I never heard of High Isle before they pulled it out of nowhere.