The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Deleted Imperial Edition/Early Access Items

• Xfan
    Xfan
    Twistedmind if they start restoring the items one by one yes, there is a lot, if you run a simple database query checking table mail, bags, bank joined on userid then it's a matter of hours writing/testing the query and a matter of seconds running it!
    This is ofc when they start looking into this based on the priority of the tasks they have :)
  • Vorezard
    Vorezard
    I lost my imperial edition items and haven't received explorers pack items at all. I opened a ticket but haven't gotten any kind of confirmation email or response for 2 days. Has the ticket submitted properly or should I send another one?
  • HolyNecro
    HolyNecro
    I sent an email on 30.03 morning and got a response
    Question Reference # 140330-026888
    Date Created: 03/30/2014 02:29 PM
    Date Last Updated: 03/30/2014 07:38 PM
    Apparently I sent it to the wrong people, and I am not sure if that means I have a ticket or not.
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Xfan wrote: »
    Twistedmind if they start restoring the items one by one yes, there is a lot, if you run a simple database query checking table mail, bags, bank joined on userid then it's a matter of hours writing/testing the query and a matter of seconds running it!
    This is ofc when they start looking into this based on the priority of the tasks they have :)

I don't know how they are doing it.. ;)
    But since they are doing it - it's just a matter of time when they get things back to all of us who phailed with the gear ;)

Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • Vamfiry
    Vamfiry
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, unfortunately I deleted my char with the preorder items and monkey because I was in wrong faction, I create A Kajiit and was in The Daggerfall Covenant when I want to be in Aldmeri Dominion.
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Djinada
    Djinada
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happened with me.
    I have created a ticket on sunday, awaiting a reply.
    Daggerfall Covenant | Imperial | Templar
  • Xfan
    Xfan

I don't know how they are doing it.. ;)
    But since they are doing it - it's just a matter of time when they get things back to all of us who phailed with the gear ;)
    Yes, it is a mater of time I fully agree here. Failing ... yes, not sure if it is us that do it thou. Why they've done it the way they did it is beyond me, not really interested in the reasons, if any! But ... it is a problem, seems like a big one too. How they are handling it so far is not something that I would call good, at least not from my point of view.
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Yes, it is a mater of time I fully agree here. Failing ... yes, not sure if it is us that do it thou. Why they've done it the way they did it is beyond me, not really interested in the reasons, if any! But ... it is a problem, seems like a big one too. How they are handling it so far is not something that I would call good, at least not from my point of view.

Trust me I work in ISP customer support. Nothing is good from customers point of view generally.
  • Lanh
    Lanh
    Please add me to the appropriate list if I haven't been already. Been waiting for the past day and a half regarding my accidental deletion with screen shots regarding the items never giving warnings about it only being a one time only.
  • Volf52
    Volf52
    Soul Shriven
    I sent an email on launch day 3/30/2014 about accidently deleting my character that had my items and still havent gotten a reply about it, i was not aware about them being one time use :(
  • D00fD1ll4
    D00fD1ll4
    ✭✭
    Maybe we could have an official statement again on the current state of this matter? Because the only official statement so far is "talk to support".
    Edited by D00fD1ll4 on April 1, 2014 9:25AM
  • Rootz
    Rootz
    Volf52 wrote: »
    I sent an email on launch day 3/30/2014 about accidently deleting my character that had my items and still havent gotten a reply about it, i was not aware about them being one time use :(

6 emails, 2 days and no reply getting annoyed about it.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to know what they are going to do with those of us who can't delete the character due to treasure maps being stuck in their bags (and getting told we're not allowed to delete characters until we've moved everything into the bank) - treasure maps are character bound not account bound.

Can't move treasure maps into the bank because of that.

Bit of a problem.
    Edited by babylon on April 1, 2014 9:58AM
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Rootz wrote: »
    6 emails, 2 days and no reply getting annoyed about it.

Accidently 2 emails ( one ingame and one from these forums ) reply with case ID and then another reply with case ID, I got the tickets even connected and that was ... 16 hours ago about.. not worried at all.

Would have called but could not bother yet.
  • mattctodd
    mattctodd
    Please add me to the list. I sent an email to customer support on launch day but apparently it was to the wrong department and received a reply saying they would forward it to the correct department. I havent heard anything back to confirm that the correct department received it.
  • Xfan
    Xfan

Trust me I work in ISP customer support. Nothing is good from customers point of view generally.
    Trust me, I'm developing/supporting the ticket system for one of the biggest IT companies in Norway, what ESO ticket system does, or actually doesn't do, is not normal.
    And yes, you are right, customers are a nightmare to handle, but there are steps that are required to reduce the amount of stress at both sides.
    Saying nothing, provide no response when a ticket is submitted for every single customer is not something that helps. Leaving your customers in the dark for days about their specific problem is not a good practice at all.
  • alpinecruzereb17_ESO
    Elease also add me to the list. I made a char and deleted it after. I still have my monkey and rings as i never opened the mail on the first char. But the other items im supposed to have are missing. Though im not sure what im meant to have at all.

I preordered physical imperial edition so do i have to wait for a code to come in the post with my crab and maps etc?
  • odenskbgb16_ESO
    I did this by accident, remade my character without depositing the items first
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Trust me, I'm developing/supporting the ticket system for one of the biggest IT companies in Norway, what ESO ticket system does, or actually doesn't do, is not normal.

Yea, I do agree that their ticket system is not normal. *shrug* It's theirs and once I got my case ID I don't mind to wait.. and if I don't get answer in 2-4 days after getting case ID I pick up a phone and call.. if I don't get a case ID in 48 hours I pick up a phone and call.
    And yes, you are right, customers are a nightmare to handle, but there are steps that are required to reduce the amount of stress at both sides.

Oh I wish that "those customers" would learn to read but then again at the moment I am one of those customers. I on the other hand know just to leave it be and wait and see..
    Saying nothing, provide no response when a ticket is submitted for every single customer is not something that helps. Leaving your customers in the dark for days about their specific problem is not a good practice at all.

It is easy to say from Customer side - then again I think that they will give us a word when they know.. I guess some people would rather get daily response "Were looking in to it..." which would be just waste of time spam.
  • Thalmar
    Thalmar
    ✭✭✭
    I deleted on one of my characters, but it has been deleted on all characters, add me to the list please.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to confirm - treasure maps are bound to the character that opened the mails and cannot be placed into bank.
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    I did this by accident, remade my character without depositing the items first
    Thalmar wrote: »
    I deleted on one of my characters, but it has been deleted on all characters, add me to the list please.

I don't think that they are using "This" as a list... but asking people to make those tickets as everyone else... I could be wrong but I would not just trust in this post to be a list for this problem ;)
  • Xfan
    Xfan
    @Twistedmind No, don't get me wrong, I don't want daily updates. I've submitted two tickets, one from inside the game, the second one from the provided links here and there and everywhere. I didn't get any response, not a single email. This is what I refer as leaving the customers in the dark.
    From what I've experienced during the beta you'll get an email once someone review your ticket. And this could take days, like it does now, it's more than 48 hours without any kind of response to my problem.
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    @Twistedmind No, don't get me wrong, I don't want daily updates. I've submitted two tickets, one from inside the game, the second one from the provided links here and there and everywhere. I didn't get any response, not a single email. This is what I refer as leaving the customers in the dark.
    From what I've experienced during the beta you'll get an email once someone review your ticket. And this could take days, like it does now, it's more than 48 hours without any kind of response to my problem.

Trust me @Xfan‌ I know what you mean - at the point of not hearing a thing after 48 hours I would just pick up a phone and get them in the phone. ;)

• Xfan
    Xfan
    @Twistedmind I guess doing so will cost me more that the monthly fee, so I prefer to spare those money for another month instead of calling them now. Early access, game launch ... they have a lot more serious issues right now than my monkey, crab and a bunch of maps. Tbh this by far for me is the most perfect launch I've ever been into. I want to stress for me, I can see ppl with a lot more serious problems and for them this launch is as far as possible from perfect.
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    I agree with this also @Xfan there are way more serious problems than some vanity stuff, and early access has been amazing at least for me *knocks on the wood.* They should consider online support ( chat ) to those that cannot call to customer support.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ordered the IE form GameFly. Having purchased through a third party only grants the Imperial race, the horse, any race-any alliance and a couple of vanity items.

I was initially concerned about losing items. Then I realized that all I would stand to have lost was the beta monkey and the Mara pledge.

Two things I will never use and have pre planned to destroy, anyway.

Granted there are the treasure maps but that will be added after the official launch.

EDIT :

I sent in a ticket yesterday only before realizing that they have been broadcasting this for months and I'm no doubt on a back burner for more important and pressing issues.
    Edited by SeñorCinco on April 1, 2014 11:26AM
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Circe
    Circe
    ✭✭
    I also deleted the character that initially had the items. =(

Halp!
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Alisyn wrote: »
    I also deleted the character that initially had the items. =(
    Halp!

Made a detailed ticket in here @Alisyn https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask
    Got a @mail from them and now I wait. I hope that this helps.
    Edited by Twistedmind on April 1, 2014 11:32AM
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in order to zoom in my character's face I had to make a throaway character just like I was instructed. Done and deleted, got the zoom made my character, no pre-order items. I only got the monkey from beta. I didn't even redemn the items to my throaway character, I just logged it out without even look at the e-mail. Now I have no items.

@Joolio‌
    Dastan Dragon-Slayer

I need help with my problem, please. Basically I got trapped in sucessive errors made by Zenimax, I love the game and the company but is hard to defend and vouch for you guys with this gross mistake.