Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Natch potes netch pots potch newts

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious to see the new combat changes as this is basically the last iteration before Gold Road goes live with whatever they come up with for Scribing and the classes.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Gorø
    Gorø
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Curious to see the new combat changes as this is basically the last iteration before Gold Road goes live with whatever they come up with for Scribing and the classes.

We're still week 3.
    Sometimes we get combat changes until week 5 if they're very bad or random
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorø wrote: »

We're still week 3.
    Sometimes we get combat changes until week 5 if they're very bad or random

They rarely make sweeping changes in regards to combat after the second iteration (which happens in week 3). Yes, sometimes they adjust little things, but in general they are very hesitant. Could be different with Scribing introducing 11 new skills with thousands of combinations.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely the PTS must be nearly ready
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely the PTS must be nearly ready

Or at least the netch potes
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so there were basically zero balancing or combat changes, I’ll guess they delayed this to next week.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so there were basically zero balancing or combat changes, I’ll guess they delayed this to next week.

Hopefully…
    Crown Crates are a trap. Don't fall for the gamble! Balance? What Balance? Balance, smellance.
    Necro for them RP feels.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telos_Tim wrote: »
    LordDraw wrote: »
    Probably we can start to bump this thread while we are waiting for opening the PTS.
    So any updates about Natch Potes?

3rd week is always a dud, don't expect much.

Usually there are combat changes 3rd week, so I wouldn’t exactly say it’s a “dud” lol

As I said, 3rd week was always known to be barely anything...lol
    Edited by alternatelder on April 30, 2024 1:26AM
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably we can start to bump this thread while we are waiting for opening the PTS.

Usually there are combat changes 3rd week, so I wouldn’t exactly say it’s a “dud” lol

I’m noticing that’s a new pattern of theirs unfortunately. Before Update 35, you could consistently look forward to week 3 for combat changes that way there was enough time to adjust things before the update went live…

Now they announce a change week one, and there’s a slight chance we’ll see anything else, and always too late to reverse the momentum.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    week 4 today?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m noticing that’s a new pattern of theirs unfortunately. Before Update 35, you could consistently look forward to week 3 for combat changes that way there was enough time to adjust things before the update went live…

Now they announce a change week one, and there’s a slight chance we’ll see anything else, and always too late to reverse the momentum.

Gives them a good excuse to not make any big changes doesn’t it. 😁
    Crown Crates are a trap. Don't fall for the gamble! Balance? What Balance? Balance, smellance.
    Necro for them RP feels.
  • Albarosa
    Albarosa
    ✭✭
    It is time again, for the resurrection of our glorious thread which symbolizes our great lust for the knowledge of difference between yesterdays game and todays game.

give us notch pewts
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I concur
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another week with zero combat changes. Starting to feel like the game is in maintenance mode.
    Edited by Theist_VII on May 13, 2024 9:52PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another week with zero combat changes. Starting to feel like the game is in maintenance mode.

ding ding ding

This is the third? fourth? patch in a row with an explicit note that combat changes aren't the focus "for now". I'd like to assume that they have some reason for this -- data they take to mean that player attraction and retention has little to do with combat balancing -- but honestly who the hell knows.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I‘m pretty surprised how little Scribing abilities have been touched during the PTS. Besides two major nerfs rendering their respective skills partially or mostly useless nothing really has changed at all. Class changes weren’t expected this PTS cycle, but Scribing could’ve used some more feedback implemented.
    Edited by Seraphayel on May 14, 2024 1:46PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update forty-free!!

Wahoooo
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was today? 8th July?

Are you awake yet, northern hemisphere????

We've been here for HOURS
    Edited by Pelanora on July 8, 2024 8:08AM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maintenance won't start for another 3 and a half hours and Patch Notes won't arrive until a few(probably) hours after that
    Edited by LunaFlora on July 8, 2024 8:29AM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah about 5-8 hours from now
    @ZOS_GinaBruno usually says something in here
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That new Activity Finder feature I mean Housing feature is gonna be so sick
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real natch potes are the friends we've made along the way.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's July 9th now. Just saying.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »

it is still july 8 for a huge part of the world.
    notably the parts where zos works
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    It's the middle of the afternoon in the eastern US.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they're trying to find some new fixes to throw in to the PTS since many were underwhelmed with the Update 43 Preview lol
  • ujimax
    ujimax
    ✭✭
    30GB to update from the previous build? oO

Instead of two Infinite Archive tile-sets, did you guys add a new zone as a surprise or something? And managed to keep this as much a secret like the two new companion class and races?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ujimax wrote: »
    30GB to update from the previous build? oO

Instead of two Infinite Archive tile-sets, did you guys add a new zone as a surprise or something? And managed to keep this as much a secret like the two new companion class and races?

My guess is that if one byte changes in some distribution file, the whole file gets downloaded. 30GB just means a lot of distribution files were touched.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus