Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Where are the promised sorcerer buffs? This was literally nothing.

• Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Nothing but unnecessary NB buffs.

Someone at ZOS really thinks Nightblades have it hard, proving again that the devs don't know their own game.

Wait are we pretending magblade is good on live?
  • LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynxyn wrote: »
    LeonAkando wrote: »
    I can't wait to *** off my tanks by wearing Maw of the Infernal again lol. 45% on daedric prey.. lord.

I wonder if Maw is going to be solid on Stamsorc now as well with hybrid scaling.

All I ever wanted for Stamsorc was this fast spellblade fantasy, and with Magsorc, the shock mage/electromancer style. But instead it's just 8 years of Zoo animals.

It was already pretty decent I think maw was tested at around a 6-8% DPS increase for stam and 7-9% on mag for any class in general so not a big differential at least on live. Just a wasted 1 PC for stam but stormfist is good on mag dd's even with the wasted 1 PC stam regen as well. I think what matters the most is the 2 PC because of stat scaling and homogenized pen. Stormfist will probably be better for stamsorc unless you're running prey for whatever reason though because of your passive increase to phys and shock damage.

I agree, it's always been solid. But I think with 45% Extra Pet Damage, stamsorc will HAVE to run Prey. That sort of buff to Lightning Atro is too good to pass, and you usually run at least 1 pet on stamsorc as is.
    And at that point, if you're already taking Prey for Atro and Scamp, might as well just grab Maw if it does the most damage.
    Edited by LeonAkando on August 8, 2022 6:30PM
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runkorko wrote: »
    prof_doom wrote: »
    Pretty much every class but nightblade was ignored.

With Vigor changes, every stam class get +2% dmg mitigation on top of xtra healing.

You don't even test on PTS i can just tell, vigor on previous week's was extremely lackluster, and don't pretend that magicka cannot use such a skill when hybrid scaling is a thing.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They seem incapable of understanding that forcing double barred pets on a class for it to be viable is oppressive and un-fun.
    Not to mention that pets are totally not viable in PVP at all because so many other skills are needed that giving up four bar slots is literally impossible to do and still have the ability to slot the skills you need to survive and be anything close to even remotely effective.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With Vigor changes, every stam class get +2% dmg mitigation on top of xtra healing.

The vigor changes make no sense at all. Major Resolve, which every class already has, and will likely continue to use making the addition to vigor useless.

Unless....you look at it like another NB buff. :D

nvm, need to read the notes closer. :*
    Edited by katorga on August 8, 2022 6:51PM
  • Tsunahmie
    Tsunahmie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disgusted with these patch notes. Cancelled sub remains cancelled
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

What makes Magsorc weak imo is the lack of good magica sets (for example where is the max magica alchemist equivalent?)

Alchemist? Like clever alchemist which gives no stam either? Or am I missing something? Was away for a while.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Alright, guess it's time to roll out the 6 pet Magsorc build again.

Hilarious they buffed Daedric Prey back to where it was years ago tho.

What were the 6?

I presume they started with the 3 from the Daedric skill line plus Maw of the Infernal (as tanks weep). What else?

I find Mad Tinkerer fun, even if the cc aspect clashes a bit with the melee class pet.

Defiler has yet another cc, so probably not that.

Does Unfathomable Darkness' crows summon count as a pet? I don't recall.

Icy Conjurer surely does summon an official pet. I don't know the meta choices for proccing it, however.

What am I forgetting?
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsunahmie wrote: »

Now that's a big problem. You sustained these changes and now there will be no funds to revert them back! :'(
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jazraena wrote: »

Someone at ZOS really thinks Nightblades have it hard, proving again that the devs don't know their own game.

Neither do you if you believe Nightblades want this hot mess.

I said they wanted it? 🤔
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What were the 6?

I presume they started with the 3 from the Daedric skill line plus Maw of the Infernal (as tanks weep). What else?

I find Mad Tinkerer fun, even if the cc aspect clashes a bit with the melee class pet.

Icy Conjurer surely does summon an official pet. I don't know the meta choices for proccing it, however.

What am I forgetting?

#4 is the Atro

The builds I found via google seem to suggest Defiler and Aegis Caller.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Don’t pay. Don’t play. It’s the only way to win with these devs.

ZOS buffs pet sorcs again when pets just get one-shot. Lol

Hey let’s run prey and see atro DPS! Hey! Watch me slow walk away from this atro for a few seconds!

Fix magsorc already ZOS:
    Edited by Minalan on August 8, 2022 7:26PM
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    6pb71y.jpg

Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

Now that's a big problem. You sustained these changes and now there will be no funds to revert them back! :'(

Good. They deserve no more gold.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What were the 6?

What am I forgetting?

Morkuldan, Maw, Ritualist.

Funny, didn't ZOS nerf Prey from 40% down to 20% and now back to 45%.

Didn't the pets get wrecked anyway with the dot nerfs somewhere in 8.1.x? Like 20-33% damage reduction? So what is the point?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What were the 6?

What am I forgetting?

Didn't the pets get wrecked anyway with the dot nerfs somewhere in 8.1.x? Like 20-33% damage reduction? So what is the point?

Dots are easily adjusted via standards they use, they were originally nerfed because the standards showed the base pets to be too strong in comparison to other sticky dots... even though it's almost impossible to figure out because they cost 2 skill slots.

Daedric Prey doesn't follow any set standard, it's more subjective. The buff is based on feeling. Prey is basically a way to double down on being a pet build that brings pets above the standards they're based on.

It's the same reason the standard could dictate that a skill like Soul Trap and Poison Injection does the same 20k damage over 20s, but a Sorc is going to do more damage with Soul Trap and a DK is going to do more damage with Poison Injection.

(Obviously not counting their secondary effects of resource return and execute scaling). Standards are just a base, passives and secondary effects bring them above that standard.

PC Beta - 2200+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What were the 6?

What am I forgetting?

Are the extra two pets actually better than running necro or ritualist?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

What were the 6?

What am I forgetting?

Necro is an awful damage set, it's only used if you're trying to make beefier shields.
    PC Beta - 2200+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

What were the 6?

What am I forgetting?

Necro is an awful damage set, it's only used if you're trying to make beefier shields.

I haven’t run pets in years, but I remember they just dropped dead in one GCD without beefy shields.
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭✭

not even buffs tbh.

As a night blade main the changes to dark cloak make it basically worthless. Having to stand still for it to be decent? no ty.
    also attaching the damage buff on concealed to the end duration of expedition seems odd.

• mSorc promised buff but got nothing of substance
    • dk molten whip buff why? if I recall people were actually asking to have stacks removed if the whip hit got dodged instead, we got the opposite.
    • beam buffed why?
    • the changes to vigor is actually significant, good or bad I don't know. Could make the patch too tanky.

DK whip was gutted/ the dmg of it. We need burst dmg not extra 5 sec to weapon dmg buff.
    Sorc dead yes.
    Mag templar too.
    No idea why they buff beam tbh. Its already one of the best executes. Atleast in grp play. (i see no good player running it solo)
    Vigor change are BS. Buffing only stam and tank builds. Mag ones get nothing. Sp yes, will make the patch too tanky, but one sided.

Mags can use vigor... I use 2 mag skills on my stams. With no issues

Maybe Interrupt, doge, block and sprint should use magicka now??.... No?
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of predicted it would be worthless buffs and no actual good class changes, especially for PvP. They have no clue how far behind sorcerer really is because the average low tier pvper still thinks shields are overpowered, part of the reason why zos will probably never allow sorcerer to be a fun/strong class again.

Also they actually unironically nerfed magsorc in PvP even more by taking major resolve off of vigor now lmaaaaooo they're actually so stupid it's like they try to make terrible changes.
    Edited by MetallicMonk on August 8, 2022 8:50PM
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also they actually unironically nerfed magsorc in PvP even more by taking major resolve off of vigor now lmaaaaooo they're actually so stupid it's like they try to make terrible changes.

Disagree about this on, Lightning Form, and its morphs are our source of Major Resolve, and also either major or minor expedition. Putting Minor Resolve on vigor is a pretty good change since a lot of sorcs run vigor because our in-class heals are such garbage.

But shields being trash (even if the best-of-the-best sorcs like Magio can make them work still) is pretty accurate. Other top-tier players like Malcolm have explained what a bad spot MagSorc is really in for PVP but no one seems to be listening.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the real sorcerer buffs were the friends we made along the way...
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeonAkando wrote: »
    I can't wait to *** off my tanks by wearing Maw of the Infernal again lol. 45% on daedric prey.. lord.

I wonder if Maw is going to be solid on Stamsorc now as well with hybrid scaling.

All I ever wanted for Stamsorc was this fast spellblade fantasy, and with Magsorc, the shock mage/electromancer style. But instead it's just 8 years of Zoo animals.

I chuckled when I read you comment, you couldn't be more true.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What were the 6?

What am I forgetting?

You forget the flying sword from Murkoldin set, and air atro from aegis caller.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a net buff for everyone, minor resolve is a lot harder to come by than major. I compeltely agree with ZOS on this one. It would of killed a lot of class identity..

So much of how the classes feel comes down to their classes armor buff because each class gets one, each one is unique and every class uses it.
    • NB's without heavy get it passively from their skill line so they need to manage it more frequently with active combat, rather than fire and forget.
    • Templar get it as a 2 for 1 because it's combined with their resource sustain tool.
    • Sorc gets minor or major exepdition, but also their only source of a real a dot within the class.
    • DK gets reflect and another aoe fire dot or a shield.
    • Warden gets minor protection or can share it easier.
    • Necro gets passive chains or summon cost reduction.

It was sad, but I was honestly considering not using Hurricane next patch to save the skill slot. I wasn't very excited about it, even if I knew it was probably the most optimal way to play. I'm happy they changed it.. guess it doesn't matter too much because I don't really want to play anyhow, but I'm guessing the change will stick longer than 1 patch.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 8, 2022 9:25PM
    PC Beta - 2200+ CP

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Disagree about this on, Lightning Form, and its morphs are our source of Major Resolve, and also either major or minor expedition. Putting Minor Resolve on vigor is a pretty good change since a lot of sorcs run vigor because our in-class heals are such garbage.

But shields being trash (even if the best-of-the-best sorcs like Magio can make them work still) is pretty accurate. Other top-tier players like Malcolm have explained what a bad spot MagSorc is really in for PVP but no one seems to be listening.

Put it very well. If you don't want to listen to the numerous players saying how crappy sorc is right now, at least listen to Malcom. I've been watching his mag sorc vids for years, the guy knows what he's talking about.

It's at a point where he's playing other classes now, thats unheard of.. :(
    PC Beta - 2200+ CP

• Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The vigor changes make no sense at all. Major Resolve, which every class already has, and will likely continue to use making the addition to vigor useless.

Unless....you look at it like another NB buff. :D

nvm, need to read the notes closer. :*

Test what ? They reverse it to live version and add xtra mitigations.
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a net buff for everyone, minor resolve is a lot harder to come by than major. I compeltely agree with ZOS on this one. It would of killed a lot of class identity..

So much of how the classes feel comes down to their classes armor buff because each class gets one, each one is unique and every class uses it.
    • NB's without heavy get it passively from their skill line so they need to manage it more frequently with active combat, rather than fire and forget.
    • Templar get it as a 2 for 1 because it's combined with their resource sustain tool.
    • Sorc gets minor or major exepdition, but also their only source of a real a dot within the class.
    • DK gets reflect and another aoe fire dot or a shield.
    • Warden gets minor protection or can share it easier.
    • Necro gets passive chains or summon cost reduction.

It was sad, but I was honestly considering not using Hurricane next patch to save the skill slot. I wasn't very excited about it, even if I knew it was probably the most optimal way to play. I'm happy they changed it.. guess it doesn't matter too much because I don't really want to play anyhow, but I'm guessing the change will stick longer than 1 patch.

Boundless is a trash skill compared to others to get major resolve, literally forces magsorc back into running chudan, which was one of the only appealing aspects of this patch being able to drop it.

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Honestly. What did everyone expect out of ZOS this patch for Sorc?