Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Where are the promised sorcerer buffs? This was literally nothing.

acastanza_ESO
acastanza_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hello?
We were promised adjustments to magicka based sorcerers to bring them up to par. We got a small buff to pet damage. What the actual <censored>.
This is an insult.
Not every sorc is a pet sorc. Most of us don't even want to play pet sorcs because the pets are stupid.
MagSorc is also waaaaaay underperforming in PVP. You gave us NOTHING.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing but unnecessary NB buffs.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The week 4 notes are horrible.
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much every class but nightblade was ignored.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To me it feels like my Sorc healer will be so damn bad after this update that I won't even be able to heal vetDLC dungeons anymore. The only group content I was doing with some friends.

:/
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prof_doom wrote: »

With Vigor changes, every stam class get +2% dmg mitigation on top of xtra healing.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

As a Nightblade I want the Live build back, thanks.

This is just weird and all over the place.
    Edited by Jazraena on August 8, 2022 4:54PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of the 50+ minor and larger suggestions in my thread, from not just myself but comments with logical reasoning and valid arguments, they listened to 2 that really had nothing to do with the overall performance of the class.

I find it funny that myself and others suggested 50% on the second tick of CW and in glorious ZOS fashion they had to be different and went for 45%. Where did that number come from? Is 50% really too much? Whatever, thanks I guess?

They went out of there way to mention us in the dev comments, to hold our breath because our feedback was being listened to and adressed.. this is what we get?

Really.

I set a really low bar for what I expected, bare minimum I thought Bound Armaments could get some much needed quality of life coupled with its nerfs like getting the stamina for using instead of passively, a longer duration or 2 stacks for a heavy attack.

Nope. Nothing improved for mag sorc is very disheartening. I will not run pets. The Daedric Prey change is a pve change at best and it just counterbalances the nerfs they made to pets for pve dps. Big woop.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 8, 2022 5:01PM
    PC Beta - 2200+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jazraena wrote: »

As a Nightblade I want the Live build back, thanks.

This is just weird and all over the place.

NO. You either gank or stand still while you heal yourself.

"Why?"

Because ZOS said so.
    PC Beta - 2200+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not even buffs tbh.

As a night blade main the changes to dark cloak make it basically worthless. Having to stand still for it to be decent? no ty.
    also attaching the damage buff on concealed to the end duration of expedition seems odd.

• mSorc promised buff but got nothing of substance
    • dk molten whip buff why? if I recall people were actually asking to have stacks removed if the whip hit got dodged instead, we got the opposite.
    • beam buffed why?
    • the changes to vigor is actually significant, good or bad I don't know. Could make the patch too tanky.

Edited by Alchimiste1 on August 8, 2022 5:07PM
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade on live is too strong with basically unlimited ability to cloak, move, and heal without impacting their ability to do damage at all. Forcing them to stand still at least a little bit is a necessary change.

But this patch butchers sorcerer and warden and they've given us nothing back but a slap in the face.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade on live is too strong with basically unlimited ability to cloak, move, and heal without impacting their ability to do damage at all. Forcing them to stand still at least a little bit is a necessary change.

But this patch butchers sorcerer and warden and they've given us nothing back but a slap in the face.

No, you’re missing it. This does not affect that version of nb. Just non cloak.
    Wuuffyy,
    WW/berserker playstyle advocate (I play ALL classes proficiently in PvP outside of WW as well)
    ESO player since 2014 (Xbox and PC for PTS)
    -DM for questions
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what are you talking about? it's not like you can have both morph of cloak at the same time
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on August 8, 2022 5:15PM
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

what are you talking about. talking like you can have both morph of cloak at the same time

I was literally fighting a nightblade in PVP moments ago. Their mobility with no sacrifices is insane. But this isn't a thread about nightblades.
    It's a thread about how ZOS is butchering sorcerer, telling us they're going to buff it, and then not doing that in any meaningful way.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on August 8, 2022 5:13PM
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You heal or go invisible, mate. It's the same skill. This actually nerfs the few nightblades not using invisibility.

In general, the changes are completely over the place and entirely not what any nightblade wants or needs, no matter if it's a nerf or a buff. It's just bizarre.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not even buffs tbh.

As a night blade main the changes to dark cloak make it basically worthless. Having to stand still for it to be decent? no ty.
    also attaching the damage buff on concealed to the end duration of expedition seems odd.

• dk molten whip buff why? if I recall people were actually asking to have stacks removed if the whip hit got dodged instead, we got the opposite.
    • beam buffed why?
    • the changes to vigor is actually significant, good or bad I don't know. Could make the patch too tanky.

DK whip was gutted/ the dmg of it. We need burst dmg not extra 5 sec to weapon dmg buff.
    Sorc dead yes.
    Mag templar too.
    No idea why they buff beam tbh. Its already one of the best executes. Atleast in grp play. (i see no good player running it solo)
    Vigor change are BS. Buffing only stam and tank builds. Mag ones get nothing. Sp yes, will make the patch too tanky, but one sided.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, guess it's time to roll out the 6 pet Magsorc build again.

Hilarious they buffed Daedric Prey back to where it was years ago tho.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So unless I am missing something, in previous weeks pet damage was reduced, but now we get the pet damage back through Prey buff... which is harder to keep up than just the pets themselves doing damage...

Accessibility where? Closing skill gap where?

I also dream of the day non-pet sorc will be just as good as pet-sorc. I had at least a tiny little seed of hope we'd head this way at last and I could play in serious groups without running a hidegroup addon due to how ill the tormentor animation makes me feel. But no... It was not to be...

• acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezhh wrote: »
    So unless I am missing something, in previous weeks pet damage was reduced, but now we get the pet damage back through Prey buff... which is harder to keep up than just the pets themselves doing damage...

I also dream of the day non-pet sorc will be just as good as pet-sorc. I had at least a tiny little seed of hope we'd head this way at last and I could play in serious groups without running a hidegroup addon due to how ill the tormentor animation makes me feel. But no... It was not to be...

Right? They literally shifted damage from something accessable (just keep your pets summoned) to something less so (keep your pets summoned and be sure your specific target is always cursed).

Not to mention that this is not an adjustment that improves anything other than the boring petsorc, reinforcing that pets are the only viable way to play a sorcerer. Something everyone hates.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runkorko wrote: »

not even buffs tbh.

• beam buffed why?

DK whip was gutted/ the dmg of it. We need burst dmg not extra 5 sec to weapon dmg buff.
    Sorc dead yes.
    Mag templar too.
    No idea why they buff beam tbh. Its already one of the best executes. Atleast in grp play. (i see no good player running it solo)
    Vigor change are BS. Buffing only stam and tank builds. Mag ones get nothing. Sp yes, will make the patch too tanky, but one sided.

Mags can use vigor... I use 2 mag skills on my stams. With no issues
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same place the magden buffs.
  • Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    Hello?
    We were promised adjustments to magicka based sorcerers to bring them up to par. We got a small buff to pet damage. What the actual <censored>.
    This is an insult.
    Not every sorc is a pet sorc. Most of us don't even want to play pet sorcs because the pets are stupid.

hey at least maw will get +1k damage instead of like +500 from curse! Meanwhile madgen got more spell damage on a spammable that absolutely no one but min maxers will use still because it feels incredibly awful to cast and a "buff" to winters revenge which is more like a slight revert to the gutting they did in earlier weeks on it.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    prof_doom wrote: »

Well they nealy canned the entire tank role of NB, can't use a damage scaling healing as tank in trials or dungeon HM, not that the new stand still to heal is any better when all fight are mobile now
  • lQrukl
    lQrukl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezhh wrote: »

Electromancer... please...
    ia593rnbosfb.png

Why sorc can't just get bonuses with Lightning Staff equipped?
    Somethings like "equipping a Lightning Staff increases your damage done with single target abilities by 10%, pets unaffected"

• LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to *** off my tanks by wearing Maw of the Infernal again lol. 45% on daedric prey.. lord.

I wonder if Maw is going to be solid on Stamsorc now as well with hybrid scaling.

All I ever wanted for Stamsorc was this fast spellblade fantasy, and with Magsorc, the shock mage/electromancer style. But instead it's just 8 years of Zoo animals.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Someone at ZOS really thinks Nightblades have it hard, proving again that the devs don't know their own game.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello?
    This is an insult.

What makes Magsorc weak imo is the lack of good magica sets (for example where is the max magica alchemist equivalent?) and the lack of CP tree (triple)(quadruple)stacking like some classes have.

That being said I find mag sorc being a very strong class that is lacking the right armor sets and is not being loved by CP gods.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Runkorko wrote: »

not even buffs tbh.

• beam buffed why?

Sorc dead yes.
    Mag templar too.

Yeah the Radiant Oppression buff is another head scratcher. Templars are already strong enough.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah the Radiant Oppression buff is another head scratcher. Templars are already strong enough.

I mean stamplar not mag, sorry

• Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone at ZOS really thinks Nightblades have it hard, proving again that the devs don't know their own game.

Neither do you if you believe Nightblades want this hot mess.
  • Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    LeonAkando wrote: »
    I can't wait to *** off my tanks by wearing Maw of the Infernal again lol. 45% on daedric prey.. lord.

I wonder if Maw is going to be solid on Stamsorc now as well with hybrid scaling.

All I ever wanted for Stamsorc was this fast spellblade fantasy, and with Magsorc, the shock mage/electromancer style. But instead it's just 8 years of Zoo animals.

It was already pretty decent I think maw was tested at around a 6-8% DPS increase for stam and 7-9% on mag for any class in general so not a big differential at least on live. Just a wasted 1 PC for stam but stormfist is good on mag dd's even with the wasted 1 PC stam regen as well. I think what matters the most is the 2 PC because of stat scaling and homogenized pen. Stormfist will probably be better for stamsorc unless you're running prey for whatever reason though because of your passive increase to phys and shock damage.