The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Someone should have said it. The Daggerfall Paladin Costume is terrible.

• KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's almost as if something like an outfit station where you can change the colours of a costume exists. 🤔

This option is only available if you have ESO+.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose that there is at least one precedent for armour of this sort of colour, besides Rank 10 ESO equipment. But other than being pink, it's so close to the Breton and Ancestral Breton styles.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My 1st thought

c014f9265fbc304a049cb573a9ef2077.gif
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's almost as if something like an outfit station where you can change the colours of a costume exists. 🤔

Wait for free ESO+ and set colours of each of your costumes to your liking for each of your char. Colours stay even when ESO+ ends.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The color is whimsical. I wish I had skipped it, but the completionist in me had to have it. It looks better with the Chivalric Silver dye. What I really want is the Oaken Order set for my Druid.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's just really underwhelming, and yet going into this HI Event with 12 tickets, and finding there was nothing I wanted this particular event, I'm buying the fragments, as opposed to letting the tickets evaporate.
    Might use it on a companion, shrugs
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw. Is this the top - tier reward for this year's events ? If so, then it is kinda um... "meh" as last year we got a house - Doomchar Plateau.

I would have loved to see a high isle house, I was looking forward to it on the stream and a little sad that we didn't get one.

• BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing this outfit in person now the event is out, it's worse than I expected. Not even grotesque enough to wear humorously. Just a boring design with a naff colour scheme. Changing the colour highlights how dull the design is.
    As an event award that costs 45 tickets, big miss.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You get free dye stamps on new characters, or you can buy them in the crown store/crates. You can use the free gems from Twitch, if you're able to claim those. So no, it's not.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 2, 2022 4:32AM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I put the costume on a companion and, yes, it's bland. I dyed it with bland colors to stay true to the theme.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the dye station the color that is the same as the default costume is Cardsharp Crimson
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst part about that costume is how the metal parts tint towards gray no matter the dye. Here's an example of what I'm talking about, I dyed the metal channel with Void pitch black:
    unknown.png

For some reason, the blackest black we have will only dye a part of the metallic parts BLACK, the rest is washed out gray.

Here's the best I could do with the outfit: unknown.png
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this armor would look better dyed, but now that I see the examples here... no, dyeing doesn't make it better.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

You get free dye stamps on new characters, or you can buy them in the crown store/crates. You can use the free gems from Twitch, if you're able to claim those. So no, it's not.

Read the quoted statement. It mentions using the outfit station to change the colors of the costume, which is an option only available with ESO+. The crown dyes are completely irrelevant to what I have answered to.
    Edited by KlauthWarthog on October 2, 2022 9:41AM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    Worst part about that costume is how the metal parts tint towards gray no matter the dye. Here's an example of what I'm talking about, I dyed the metal channel with Void pitch black:
    unknown.png

For some reason, the blackest black we have will only dye a part of the metallic parts BLACK, the rest is washed out gray.

Is it me or do I still see a lot of magenta in those gray areas.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyeing it in a better colour will not do much because the costume just doesn't look that good..at all.

We can make much better and nicer looking knightly armour with like the dozen of motifs we got of similar style.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pfff .. lets be honest, it's ugly no matter what u do. I have almost all motifs and many costumes that look good sot i dont think ill ever wear it , so ill skip this one no point having it.
    Edited by TiberX on October 2, 2022 3:51PM
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    My 1st thought

c014f9265fbc304a049cb573a9ef2077.gif

I had exactly same thought! :D:D:disappointed:
    Anyway... at least I can buy missing Indrik :D:D
    Because this armor looks awfull (for me) so i don't buy any piece for it.
    Edited by davidtk on October 2, 2022 5:12PM
    Really sorry for my english
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Read the quoted statement. It mentions using the outfit station to change the colors of the costume, which is an option only available with ESO+. The crown dyes are completely irrelevant to what I have answered to.

Ah. Okay. I did miss that part that the statement was exclusive to the outfit station, my bad. You're right about that. Using the outfit station is only available to ESO+. It's not the only option for getting rid of the bright red color, everyone can do that using dye stamps. But, the outfit station is ESO+ exclusive.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 2, 2022 7:02PM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, no.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like it but saying that it is not the most exciting costume we have seen but at this time that's very positive for me personally. The reason being is that it enables me to get missed Indriks with the tickets without being devastated for missing the costume. I might be able to grab it later hopefully.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol the most positive comments I've seen have been about being able to save tickets for other things. Sheesh.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The model itself looks fine, but the color scheme is just wrong. To me, it screams "pay for ESO+ so you can dye me the right color scheme", and that's just really scummy.

The color scheme is literally just the highest quality material in the game.

It's definitely much pinker than ordinary rubedite armor.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know, the outfit station should allow you to completely remove any default dye color that comes with styles, if they are going to insist on putting some on there already.

If a dark color is already there, it is almost impossible to find a dye that changes the look significantly. I recently chose Moongrave Fane for one of my characters and I just had to leave that dark gray slot the way it is because nothing looked better, but I am definitely not completely happy with it as it is.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like it but saying that it is not the most exciting costume we have seen but at this time that's very positive for me personally. The reason being is that it enables me to get missed Indriks with the tickets without being devastated for missing the costume. I might be able to grab it later hopefully.

New life festival, there will be all fragments for whole collections like always. So don't worry.
    Really sorry for my english
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first time I skipped going after a costume for events and focused on style pages really.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most costumes are aesthetically challenged.

give us a fish head mask and a Jabba the Hutt costume please.

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    They definitely didn't do it any favors leaving it in a default rubedite color scheme...

its components is that its coated in rubedite, so in universe thats why its red. its pretty ugly though. If you want red armor done right, the royal guard armor from tribunal is great.

TR-armor-Royal_Guard_Male.jpg

Yeah. It is weird that they would create armor that looks ugly.

< psst ... that was sarcasm >

:#
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    The color is whimsical. I wish I had skipped it, but the completionist in me had to have it. It looks better with the Chivalric Silver dye. What I really want is the Oaken Order set for my Druid.

Thank the divines we can dye this costume!
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few exceptions... but it seems to me that most outfits and costumes that make it to the events are ones that seem to be rejected from the crown store and crown crates.

Just my opinion on the matter.