The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Someone should have said it. The Daggerfall Paladin Costume is terrible.

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who and why would give the pass for that image, pink!?

Does nothing hit any type of qc anymore?
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if you like the design, it's very close to the standard Breton heavy armour in rubedite colours, and by extension, ancestral Breton heavy armour. Do we really need another? I want to dress like Duke Sebastien or a wizard, but we get knights, knights, knights.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't assume they'll be able to finish this costume before next week?

It's typical that the free one looks unfinished, and when a cosmetic is 400 gems it looks polished.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a costume that is the reward for participating in multiple events, it looks kinda bad - at least on a 1st glance. Maybe it is animated or has some cool visual effect or something. It is kinda hard to judge just by seeing a static picture from one side.

Also - even if it looks cool after dying - it is a costume, so it requires either ESO+ to be able to dye it, or a preset from crown store - bottom line - rl cash to make it look good.

Btw. Is this the top - tier reward for this year's events ? If so, then it is kinda um... "meh" as last year we got a house - Doomchar Plateau.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Doomchar_Plateau

No. 1 more reward after it.

ETA

We got a skin, mount, house, and personality last year. This year so far we've also received a skin and mount, but we got a costume instead of a personality. Don't know what final reward will be.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 21, 2022 7:44PM
  • Jdray
    Jdray
    ✭✭✭
    My general impression is that PvP players enjoy wearing outfits that attract lots of attention and might otherwise not be very appealing.

Wait I have noticed this.. why is this so?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a kind of power-ranger-y pink knight, but for some reason I like it :lol:
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like something a squire would wear, not a knight. Maybe it's meant for a certain companion...
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    We got a skin, mount, house, and personality last year. This year so far we've also received a skin and mount, but we got a costume instead of a personality. Don't know what final reward will be.

Hopefully a nice sandy island for us to decorate. Not too big, just the right size, as was asked for millenia.
    Maybe a ship. One could hope...
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »
    It definitely looks like something a DC player would want to wear. 😉

Don’t know if that was sarcasm or not, but Daggerfall’s color is blue. Why would my DC PvP characters want to wear EP red???

Actually.. (I am so sorry haha)

The Daggerfall Covenant's colour is blue, because of King Emeric being the ruler of Wayrest, and the city's heraldic colours are blue and white.

However the heraldic colours of Daggerfall the city are red and green, a red dragon on a green field to be precise. Though it's a shame the game doesn't show that, since they just put Covenant colours/symbols everywhere. Only with the updated looks in High Isle did they properly reflect the colourful heraldry of the Bretons.

But yeah it's pretty weird they chose for bright red/pink as the default colour for the armour set. I think it will probably look good when dyed in steel colours, but still such an odd choice to make it red, not at all in line with the game's visual style.

So... the Welsh flag?
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rita clearly has escaped again, go go power ranger.

But yeah that is horrible
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Based on the PTS collections menu it looks like the final reward will be an hourglass furnishing. It hints at being able to freeze the time of day in houses.

PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    They definitely didn't do it any favors leaving it in a default rubedite color scheme...

its components is that its coated in rubedite, so in universe thats why its red. its pretty ugly though. If you want red armor done right, the royal guard armor from tribunal is great.

TR-armor-Royal_Guard_Male.jpg
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 21, 2022 9:42PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

Based on the PTS collections menu it looks like the final reward will be an hourglass furnishing. It hints at being able to freeze the time of day in houses.

Oh, that would be SO awesome!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »
    It definitely looks like something a DC player would want to wear. 😉

Don’t know if that was sarcasm or not, but Daggerfall’s color is blue. Why would my DC PvP characters want to wear EP red???

Actually.. (I am so sorry haha)

The Daggerfall Covenant's colour is blue, because of King Emeric being the ruler of Wayrest, and the city's heraldic colours are blue and white.

However the heraldic colours of Daggerfall the city are red and green, a red dragon on a green field to be precise. Though it's a shame the game doesn't show that, since they just put Covenant colours/symbols everywhere. Only with the updated looks in High Isle did they properly reflect the colourful heraldry of the Bretons.

But yeah it's pretty weird they chose for bright red/pink as the default colour for the armour set. I think it will probably look good when dyed in steel colours, but still such an odd choice to make it red, not at all in line with the game's visual style.

So... the Welsh flag?

Nope, but it seems to be pretty close! I never realized this even until I read this, actually.

Besides being green and white, most notable difference is that the dragon depicted on the Welsh flag is a dragon passant, meaning it's shown as if walking past. The dragon on the Daggerfall crest is a dragon rampant, which means it's depicted rearing up on its hind legs.

• bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭
    looks awful, not worth the tickets
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

wedding-crashers-comedy.gif
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I thought it was an event outfit style and was decently happy with it. Then I realized it is the event ticket reward... yeah maybe I'm not gonna get this and instead get one of the indriks I was missing.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep looks dumb imo.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they definitely need to rework the model. it looks way too blocky.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe instead of a... cute bulky girly costume, ZOS could... oh, idk:

- revise U 35?
    - extend the Craft CP tree?
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't even want to start with suit or that it's a motif turned into costume again, but dye choice to make it eso+ dependant it's a hilarious move from zos. And a perfect timing when they're under magnifying glass with every move.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, the good thing about it is that now I know I can safely ignore the next couple events.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quarter 4 Akatosh item has been revealed already. It's house-related but not a house itself.

spoiler link
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just looking at this on PTS. Something went very wrong with the shape of the pants at the back...

If you think this posterior is bad, Timbercrow Wanderer diaper/shaved bottom would like to have a word with you.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Timorelle
    Timorelle
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I don't like it. But I'm also glad I don't like it, because I wasn't playing in 2020 and this means I have more tickets for Indriks, yay! ^_^
  • Monroe585
    Monroe585
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, stop putting things in the game no one wants and start bring back things people do want. I'm still waiting for the Chilling Senche-Lizard and Dawnbreaker to come back around. Having to wait years for things is unacceptable.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it looks that bad, though the choice of color is certainly weird. What's bad is having to spend a huge amount of tickets to get something so bland (unless you're part of the Tamrielic Power Rangers).
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's undeniably hideous. A ragged boob top and chainmaille crotch cover would have been far more appealing. :flushed:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Quarter 4 Akatosh item has been revealed already. It's house-related but not a house itself.

spoiler link

That doesn't mean it's the 4th quarter item. Where are you getting that info from? For all we know it could be a regular event item from the Heroes of High Isle event, like the skeletal khajiit target dummy, the large pile of loot, or the Deadlands DLC. I'm not saying it's not the 4th quarter item, but I haven't seen any further evidence there. If you can show me the fragments for it or a picture of it being on display at the Impressario it would be a different story, [Snip].

Edit: Following the link you provided and then following another link from there and then finally scrolling down to another post with another picture provided me with the fragments. Here they are:
    nbxtzw2o5sut.png

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 28, 2022 9:00PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion most of the costumes and armor styles are terrible. Not everyone is into flashy and bulky but we get a lot of that.

Yes. Yes. Yes. I am always up to buy outfits and hairstyles but I want something that looks like I would really wear it to something other than a fancy dress party at the bodybuilder's convention.