The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How would you feel about automatic light attack weaving?

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
What happens is that if you hold the mouse button your character automatically does light attacks btw skills, the light attacks aren't pro player speed ofcourse far far from it.

What would happen is, on rotations your first attack could be heavy and if you keep the button pressed the rest are automatic light attacks, or there could be a different keybind to use/disable and enable heavy attacks.

It's disabled in pvp obviously.
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!

How would you feel about automatic light attack weaving? 266 votes

Id love automatic light attacks.
18%
vailjohn_ESOlordspydercalitrumanb14_ESOstevenyaub16_ESOLaexasAjaxandrielCloudtraderAsysAmphithoeArcVelarianDestaicaptainwolfosDorianDragonRazeNeoauspexGrigorijMalahevichRedFireDiscoOnyxProphetNoggin_the_NogmsettenSindarin 49 votes
I don't like the idea.
59%
supJoy_DivisionGederickypranb14_ESOsarahvhoffb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOxaraanIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOalanmatillab16_ESOAH93ValvefreespiritDTStormfoxstybbe17b16_ESOdanno8Didgerionarkadiusz1992eb17_ESOWolfpawstarkerealmElsonso 158 votes
I want light attack weaving removed.
12%
BlueRavenchessalavakia_ESOAlchemicalVehlirRDMyers65b14_ESOIruil_ESOkwisatzArphalasSheridankamimarkDMuehlhausenArwinAoEnwyrFischyJonesOneForSorrowSarannahbri5MartoCaptainVenomGrim_Slaughterfish 34 votes
I like the idea if automatic Light attacks have a downside for being used.
9%
acastanza_ESOSluggyJack-0JierdanitMace1994WrathOfInnosmpicklessterPeveyhiziumsalander7FlaaklypaAinSophetchedpixelsprof_doommrreowDaggerfell0929Bobby's_UserIDLucozade85schindlerLordDragonMara 25 votes
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    The game is supposed to be literally played. What next ? You can complete content without pressing any buttons ? Games are supposed to have skills gaps and hard content. Its really that simple
    Options
  • Major_Soulless
    Major_Soulless
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Stupid idea imho.
    Options
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I greatly dislike a lot of mmo's combat specifically because their combat has the player character auto-attacking.

ESO's combat is tolerable because it doesn't auto-attack. If I want to attack something, dodge, block or use a skill it requires me to actively do that myself, which means I'm more engaged with the actual content.

Any-form of auto-attacking outside of pets would make me drop this game immediately.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    It seems more like a step towards automating playing the game. Literally.

Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with it being an option for some players, as long as I'm not forced to use it to maximize DPS. Even if it's something like auto-attacks deal 80% of standard light attacks that would be ok. There needs to still be an incentive to learn and perform the fast paced combat system.
    Options
  • Snow_White
    Snow_White
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Auto attacks in other games are so that your character doesn’t just stand there and do nothing while on cooldown.

ESO has gone for sort of an Action RPG type feel rather than a tab target MMO. I’d rather they keep it that way.
    Edited by Snow_White on July 14, 2022 2:06PM
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I appreciate that you and so many others are trying to help come up with better ideas or compromises to what's in the patch notes, but I don't like this idea for ESO.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Great news!, now that we're getting half-an-hour dots everyone will have tons of time to learn weaving.
    Edited by RBAP28 on July 14, 2022 2:27PM
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    no-hard-pass.gif
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Weaving/animation cancelling is literally the thing I HATE most about this game and having the game do it for me I don't think is going to make me love it anymore. In fact, I can imagine auto-light attack weaving would be clunky. The one game that I thought did well with this - oddly enough - was Dragon Age 2. But it almost felt like the game played combat for me and I wasn't crazy about it.

TBH, what they need to do is remove weaving/animation cancelling for those that don't like it and have sets that will allow players to use it as a "feature" for those who do like it. Those sets can be tuned so that weaving/cancelling doesn't give them such a huge DPS advantage.
    Options
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Based on some ideas i read i get some idea, may be you like this possible solution than ?

It is little more soft, than auto LA rotation, but idea is same to add some free damage to not LA builds and builds with less accurate rotations:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/611641/idea-how-to-fix-dps-problems#latest
    Edited by JustAGoodPlayer on July 14, 2022 3:00PM
    Options
  • LordDragonMara
    LordDragonMara
    ✭✭✭
    AdamLAD wrote: »
    The game is supposed to be literally played. What next ? You can complete content without pressing any buttons ? Games are supposed to have skills gaps and hard content. Its really that simple

This, permanent !!!
    Options
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want light attack weaving removed.
    Remove LA weaving and make skills more powerful to make up for the damage loss so everyone can be stronger and not only those who are able to weave.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
    Options
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Remove LA weaving and make skills more powerful to make up for the damage loss so everyone can be stronger and not only those who are able to weave.

Combat can become boring for a lot of players than. So players have to have choise do LA or not.

If he do LA he can do a little more damage and if he do no la only skills his skills can be more powerfull as example. Such thing is possible to do and game even have some kind of this system already in 2 handed with HA.

So it just need to be a little reworked.

So all players can be happy on different game styles and builds.
    Options
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    No, thank you! This is not WOW.

What I like about ESO is its fluid combat system.
    Options
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I agree wow is already to boring for me.

But for people who like it - give them option to play with out LA like they do and like with out big lose in DPS is a good option too. So each of LA and LA-free players will get some own + and - in such play.
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Build perfect weave addon into the game.
    Options
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played that game it was called Guildwars (1) It was fun. But this isnt' guild wars. As much as id love to be able to have auto rotation in PVE and focus on movement so I can just sit there lazily and grind without grinding my hands down. It's not really what I came here for.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I don't like it. It's not hard to do (outside of some handicap), not hard to learn. No matter what anyone says against it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Just add other options.
    Zos wants to make weaving less important. At the same time new sets - The better weaving the stronger they are.

Like... the strongest sets (reason for power creep) all have drawbacks:
    Relequen, vMA staff - the better weaving the more damage u get
    Kinras - still weaving
    Bahsei/Coral Riptide - perfect sustain managment
    Siroria - perfect positioning and knowledge about enemy

Like lets compare Yandir's Might with Coral Riptide...
    Yandir's 410 WD/SD at full stacks, 630 WD/SD for 15s after proc. In addition downtime when u dont have the stacks yet.
    Coral Riptide - Up to 740 WD/SD depends on your sustain managment. 740 all the time if u are good at it....
    Weaker player would most likely not use proc of Yandir's or use it ar at wrong time so... 330 WD/SD diffrence?
    Im not gonna even talk about downsides...
    And just remember that Hunding/Julianos gives 300 WD/SD....

And.... They nerf class skills. Which makes players in Hunding Rage or Julianos even weaker. And They wont get power back because... they arent able to use stronger sets.

Why we need to lose core combat mechs when it ZOS fault for pushing sets that require a lot of skill and then nerfing skills?

Like they could make Oakensoul a set that rly helps weaker players. And u see what they are doing. if somebody is using it on live he is getting double nerfed...

Auto LA wont help with what ZOS is doing...
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I like the idea of making weaving easier, such as the input queue being extended and allowing for one light/heavy attack and one active ability, but, I think completely automating it would be a net negative.
    Options
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having come from an MMO where auto-attacks were a thing, it shocked me that ESO didn't have them. It should be a toggle in Combat Options, and provide 50% of the damage and sustain of manual light attacks (and would obviously not animation-cancel, so you'll be getting MUCH less damage than the people actually doing it manually).

Look, I just want to be lazy. And also not exacerbate the pains in my wrist, elbow, and neck from playing too much.
    Options
  • LordDragonMara
    LordDragonMara
    ✭✭✭
    Having come from an MMO where auto-attacks were a thing, it shocked me that ESO didn't have them. It should be a toggle in Combat Options, and provide 50% of the damage and sustain of manual light attacks (and would obviously not animation-cancel, so you'll be getting MUCH less damage than the people actually doing it manually).

Look, I just want to be lazy. And also not exacerbate the pains in my wrist, elbow, and neck from playing too much.

This is not nagging, but a real question, how does exactly LA Weaving gives you wrist, elbow and neck pain exactly ?
    How exactly timing left clicks are giving you this ? I don't get it. If this is giving you such problems, then anything in the game or any game actually going to put strain on you.
    This is a legit question.
    I think most people just don't get what is LA weaving and they just spam mindlessly left mouse for CPS and then "good" stuffs happen to them.
    Options
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    It kind of defeat the purpose of weaving.
    Options
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was playing EQ2 when they implemented autoattacks underneath skills. great idea, it lets the player focus on the encounter and which unique skills to use.
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not nagging, but a real question, how does exactly LA Weaving gives you wrist, elbow and neck pain exactly ?
    How exactly timing left clicks are giving you this ? I don't get it. If this is giving you such problems, then anything in the game or any game actually going to put strain on you.
    This is a legit question.
    I think most people just don't get what is LA weaving and they just spam mindlessly left mouse for CPS and then "good" stuffs happen to them.

100%, i used to just spam the mouse all over the place, than i got the timing alright and did 2 click when the skill animations were ending, and now i just click when the skills are ending. all skills last almost the same time, so it got easy, unless i use channels or weird skills like stampede, i have no issue.
    But yeah i murdered my old mouse because of eso.

some skills give me issues when weaving fire rune, stampede , silver bolts, soul trap, lightning splash these skills just feel like they end to fast or too late.
    Edited by francesinhalover on July 14, 2022 10:16PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    When I read suggestions like that I always ask myself first: would it helped me as a beginner player having this, what are downsides etc. Would prefer "as is" as things like easier content or crutches we have now in mass would probably made me lazier and not willing to progress at all, so for a player like myself it's a no go. Same with incentives, it's hard to imagine someone fresh would want to do any new content when there's literally nothing appealing compared to the older content. My road started when I wanted that black-blue skin so badly it made me get better and start pushing forward.

Surely it's what some would want, props to that.
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    What happens is that if you hold the mouse button your character automatically does light attacks btw skills, the light attacks aren't pro player speed ofcourse far far from it.

What would happen is, on rotations your first attack could be heavy and if you keep the button pressed the rest are automatic light attacks, or there could be a different keybind to use/disable and enable heavy attacks.

It's disabled in pvp obviously.

I would agree only if the character cannot move during the attacks.
    You know for the sake of making it truly Single-tasking game.

And why would you treat pvp differently?
    Did you ever played the stare contest game?
    This game would be the same but better!
    Options
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I don't like it. I'm far from good in LA weaving, but it adds some spice to combat.

I'm ok with making LA weaving less important by nerfing LA, but in return they should buff skills.
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I really hate auto-attacking it's one of the reasons I prefer ESO over a lot of other MMO's tab targeted, cool down, combat.
    Options