Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

How would you feel about automatic light attack weaving?

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    Yeah, why not. A dot rotation on the current pts already plays the game for you, let’s make it more casual. It’s what the devs wants right??

Personally, I’m okay if they keep the current timers and make the auto LA every 1.5 to 2 sec. If you want to improve then remove the auto LA.

And what other builds get from it ?

As example builds that spam LA or use HA ?

Then toggle it off. Let’s stop the copium, this is what the devs want.

2020 - digging mini game
    2021 - role player waifus
    2022 - card game

This a casual game now, let the devs get over it so we can move on to other games.

You forgot the new trial that requires insane dps, and the dungeons full of insta kill mechanics
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
    Options
  • Dragkiris
    Dragkiris
    ✭✭✭
    why dont you just ask them to input a system to automatically DPS for you? Is it really so hard to play the game?
    Options
  • mpicklesster
    mpicklesster
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea if automatic Light attacks have a downside for being used.
    I personally enjoy light attack weaving on my own. Even if the damage got nerfed, I'd still weave because it feels like it speeds up the pace of combat--and I find that enjoyable. However, I wouldn't be offended in the slightest if they added an auto-attack feature...that required a tradeoff.

For example, they could add a new ability that makes you automatically light attack every second. However, because it's an ability, you'd have to slot it. In doing so, you'd have to give up bar space that could go to another damage ability. The implication of this would be that people who can weave on their own would still be able to do more DPS (because they could weave while dealing damage with 1 more ability than those who opted to slot the auto-attack skill).

If ZOS wanted to go the extra mile, they could make this auto-attack ability cost a chunk of your highest resource (but also perhaps last a long time, i.e., 30 sec to 1 min.). Having it cost resources would ensure that those who use the auto-attack ability and those who slot something else would have comparable sustain.

Anyway--I'm not suggesting this be the final draft. But, TL; DR, any auto-attack skill that requires 1 or 2 tradeoffs would be absolutely fine. It would add a layer of DPS for those who have trouble with weaving--but would also ensure there's a reward for mastering weaving on your own.
    Options