Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

How would you feel about automatic light attack weaving?

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    sharquez wrote: »
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    I don't want the game to play for me.
    It sound as agressive marketing promotion of some bad goods no one wants )))

clearly many want it,
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    I don't want the game to play for me.

than...don't turn it on...

59% of this poll do not want it.

So 41% of the people polled have a desire for it which is a significant portion. For accessibility reasons this might be worth considering as an Option.

Actually 12% of people in this poll want to get rid of light attacks, so it's actually 71% of people don't want an auto light attack. I, personally, don't want anyone to have the option of having auto la weaving because it is a skill in the game that needs to be learned to be better. Not everyone can do everything in the game. Not everyone can have 100k dps, so let's not add macros (which is basically what this would be) to the game. The devs have stated macros are against TOS for a reason.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I think "animation canceling bug" - is a low exp players termin.

All you do put LA betwin skills, that has calldown. It is in a lot of games.

You can really skip animation of some skills, they just do not show - but it used in PVP and is not some thing used in PVE.

When you try to kill player with attack he will not see - so he can not counter it.
    Edited by JustAGoodPlayer on July 20, 2022 3:52PM
    Options
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id love automatic light attacks.
    ZeroDPS wrote: »
    Having come from an MMO where auto-attacks were a thing, it shocked me that ESO didn't have them. It should be a toggle in Combat Options, and provide 50% of the damage and sustain of manual light attacks (and would obviously not animation-cancel, so you'll be getting MUCH less damage than the people actually doing it manually).

Look, I just want to be lazy. And also not exacerbate the pains in my wrist, elbow, and neck from playing too much.

This is not nagging, but a real question, how does exactly LA Weaving gives you wrist, elbow and neck pain exactly ?
    How exactly timing left clicks are giving you this ? I don't get it. If this is giving you such problems, then anything in the game or any game actually going to put strain on you.
    This is a legit question.
    I think most people just don't get what is LA weaving and they just spam mindlessly left mouse for CPS and then "good" stuffs happen to them.

ANY extra clicking just adds to the pain. I actually have a foot button installed on my wall under my computer to press for Sprint with my big toe just to reduce the load on my hands. I also tend to press too hard in tense combat situations, which I feel later as pain radiating up from my fingers into my neck. I don't button mash, but I do weave, although I've only really learned a good rotation on my main (a stamsorc) and not my alts.

And yes, most of the game does put strain on me. I don't play many hours due to that (except for decorating houses, that doesn't put much strain on me, lol). I rarely run 4-mans, and mostly only do Normals. I run Normal trials once or twice a week with my guilds. And I don't PvP unless it's a guild event. Even if they do add auto-attack LAs, I'm going to be hurting still. But... it might be better?

LOL, whatever, I really don't care if they do or not, I just answered the survey. I think reduced damage and sustain auto-LAs would be a good middle-ground, and it wouldn't affect the people who want to keep manual LAs going for all the extra damage goodness.

for you they can implement AI(Artificial Intelligence) so AI can play instead of you. You can eat your pizza in front of your PC.... and watch the stream of mobile game....
    holy moly...
    @Cloudtrader

Yeah, no. Please do not denigrate other players, @ZeroDPS
    Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea if automatic Light attacks have a downside for being used.
    for you they can implement AI(Artificial Intelligence) so AI can play instead of you. You can eat your pizza in front of your PC.... and watch the stream of mobile game....
    holy moly...
    @Cloudtrader

It's called Twitch. You can indeed enjoy the game that way instead. In fact a couple of TES games like Morrowind are IMHO best enjoyed that way.

Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having come from an MMO where auto-attacks were a thing, it shocked me that ESO didn't have them. It should be a toggle in Combat Options, and provide 50% of the damage and sustain of manual light attacks (and would obviously not animation-cancel, so you'll be getting MUCH less damage than the people actually doing it manually).

Look, I just want to be lazy. And also not exacerbate the pains in my wrist, elbow, and neck from playing too much.

This is not nagging, but a real question, how does exactly LA Weaving gives you wrist, elbow and neck pain exactly ?
    How exactly timing left clicks are giving you this ? I don't get it. If this is giving you such problems, then anything in the game or any game actually going to put strain on you.
    This is a legit question.
    I think most people just don't get what is LA weaving and they just spam mindlessly left mouse for CPS and then "good" stuffs happen to them.

ANY extra clicking just adds to the pain. I actually have a foot button installed on my wall under my computer to press for Sprint with my big toe just to reduce the load on my hands. I also tend to press too hard in tense combat situations, which I feel later as pain radiating up from my fingers into my neck. I don't button mash, but I do weave, although I've only really learned a good rotation on my main (a stamsorc) and not my alts.

And yes, most of the game does put strain on me. I don't play many hours due to that (except for decorating houses, that doesn't put much strain on me, lol). I rarely run 4-mans, and mostly only do Normals. I run Normal trials once or twice a week with my guilds. And I don't PvP unless it's a guild event. Even if they do add auto-attack LAs, I'm going to be hurting still. But... it might be better?

LOL, whatever, I really don't care if they do or not, I just answered the survey. I think reduced damage and sustain auto-LAs would be a good middle-ground, and it wouldn't affect the people who want to keep manual LAs going for all the extra damage goodness.

holy moly...
    @Cloudtrader

Yeah, no. Please do not denigrate other players, @ZeroDPS

@Cloudtrader this is the truth!
    Options
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    honestly I wouldn't love it. But at the same time i wouldn't mind it if it came to be. Keeping uptimes and rotation would be enough to keep me engaged. the added weaving is just stress on my hands that I wouldn't miss.

I just don't see it being functional in ESO. if you click on a target would your character start spamming away?
    Options
  • AnnetteW
    AnnetteW
    I want light attack weaving removed.

Honestly, I doesn't like because if U'll get in trials 600+fps game skip your LA. So it's 0-2 LA between skills.
    Options
  • FischyJones
    FischyJones
    ✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Remove LA weaving and make skills more powerful to make up for the damage loss so everyone can be stronger and not only those who are able to weave.

Best take!
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Please no. I can already imagine the afk farming builds that'd come about from such a change.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Don't like the idea. As a healer, there are many times I want to weave, but there are also some times when weaving is counterproductive. The first miniboss you encounter in NVoM blue beams a player and any damage done by anyone goes to the recipient of the blue beam. The tank and dd's simple stop doing damage but sometimes there is a delay or someone is slow to stop damage. Regardless, the healer is often frantically healing but any LA weaving would be deadly. More commonly, the healer wants to cast a number of spells to prebuff her group but any auto weaving would simply trigger the boss and start the fight early and badly. I get that a toggle on/off key would likely be included but a healer can go from wanting to weave to not wanting to weave many times during fight.

I'm not a fan of weaving but I know how to do it. I like exploring ideas that could simplify things, eliminate weaving and other possibilities without having to nerf light attacks. Unfortunately, I don't care for this idea.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    How would you feel about automatic...

No thank you. Regardless of what word comes next.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on July 21, 2022 12:20AM
    Options
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People: I don't want the game to play itself for me

LWC/WritWorthy and any addon that opens boxes/filets fish/changes gear sets:
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    AinSoph wrote: »

Those are utilities, not combat. Big difference.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    AinSoph wrote: »

/shrug

Never used them.
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps this is a silly question, but why don’t we just add the basic weapon damage to every attack instead and just have light attacks and heavy attacks be there for sustain?
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    Perhaps this is a silly question, but why don’t we just add the basic weapon damage to every attack instead and just have light attacks and heavy attacks be there for sustain?

Skills arent smooth because of use cooldowns. So for it to work skills would need to end faster
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
    Options
  • salander7
    salander7
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be all in for something like this, because I believe that raising the floor is desirable.

I think something like Auto LA could be interesting; but of course, with some drawbacks; and obviously, only in PVE, while runnning a DD role in Group menu.
    First, because PvP should always be about building, positional awareness, decisionmaking, reflexes and skill.
    Second, because healers and tanks works different, and the ideas I've written don't work on healers or tanks.

For example, auto mode with capped dmg LAs instead of regular LA. Or longer auto-attack animation to slow the damage a bit on auto-mode. They could even add something like they're planning on U35 to that "auto-mode": duration for all dots and aoes is doubled while in this mode, so more spammables. Even some damage cap to class DoTs/AoEs, so people can just pick whatever they want.
    Or even better: your skills get more powerful, but you can't use LAs. Not powerful enough to reach top DPS, but maybe to reach... 70k? dps in trial dummy (assuming perfect rotation, meta gear etc). I'd say you're able to clear all content in the game with that kind of damage (aside from vRG-vDSR HMs): but you'll have to be spot on with the mechanics.

And I believe any of these would help everyone in a way, honestly. As a endgame pve player, I benefit from decent LA weaving pugs when I'm on a tank. My random normal DLC dungeon will not make me want to PXE and PTE straight away. Because the 15 min penalty is usually shorter than waiting to clear a nMHK where the group dps is 20k combined, to say one.

As for new players, they would be able to learn general game mechanics, while also generating interest in harder PvE content. I knew once a RP player that got baited by PvE and ended up earning a vCR+3 clear. All because he got interested in a content he didn't find appealing at first.

As for drawbacks, maybe there should be some kind of penalisation, besides a lower dmg cap. Maybe not blocking the cosmetic unlocking achievements (like skins or titles), but having to do something thrice in order to get it? Something like needing 3 vDoM clears for Meridian skin. Or even blocking hardmode achievements, which would make sense: if you're running "easy"-mode, you shouldn't be able to get hardmode achievement. Maybe lower loot. I don't know, just making this up as I write, but you can probably get a hint of what I mean.

None of this will be implemented at all, and the ideas are vague, just brainstorming a bit, so no need to discuss on that 70k number.
    But I believe it would help everyone in the end, because the so-called gatekeeping would be reduced. I don't believe there's gatekeeping, but it's a fact that some less skilled/focused players feel kept out of harder content because of their dps. Truth be told, they're usually kept out by the content, not by the raidleads, but nonetheless, an auto-mode could help with that.
    More people would engage in harder content, and maybe they're motivated to learn. Because being paired with the least skilled of the players in the game wouldn't be such an excruciating experience as it may be today.
    Same as no one runs oakensoul in trials, no one would run something like this in serious PvE. But it could be a great temporary aid for some part of the players.
    Main: Dragonknight Tank.

Crown trading middleman in PC-EU.
    Options
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Don't like the idea. As a healer, there are many times I want to weave, but there are also some times when weaving is counterproductive. The first miniboss you encounter in NVoM blue beams a player and any damage done by anyone goes to the recipient of the blue beam. The tank and dd's simple stop doing damage but sometimes there is a delay or someone is slow to stop damage. Regardless, the healer is often frantically healing but any LA weaving would be deadly. More commonly, the healer wants to cast a number of spells to prebuff her group but any auto weaving would simply trigger the boss and start the fight early and badly. I get that a toggle on/off key would likely be included but a healer can go from wanting to weave to not wanting to weave many times during fight.

I'm not a fan of weaving but I know how to do it. I like exploring ideas that could simplify things, eliminate weaving and other possibilities without having to nerf light attacks. Unfortunately, I don't care for this idea.

For exploring ideas you can look my topics about better balance or how is better to nerf players ;)
    Options
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, why not. A dot rotation on the current pts already plays the game for you, let’s make it more casual. It’s what the devs wants right??

Personally, I’m okay if they keep the current timers and make the auto LA every 1.5 to 2 sec. If you want to improve then remove the auto LA.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
    Options
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    Yeah, why not. A dot rotation on the current pts already plays the game for you, let’s make it more casual. It’s what the devs wants right??

Personally, I’m okay if they keep the current timers and make the auto LA every 1.5 to 2 sec. If you want to improve then remove the auto LA.

And what other builds get from it ?

As example builds that spam LA or use HA ?
    Options
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭

And what other builds get from it ?

As example builds that spam LA or use HA ?

Then toggle it off. Let’s stop the copium, this is what the devs want.

2020 - digging mini game
    2021 - role player waifus
    2022 - card game

This a casual game now, let the devs get over it so we can move on to other games.

Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    as 0.97 player, honestly, I don't care. At this point ZOS can do whatever.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I tried FF14, hated the auto attacks, if ESO did that I would be finding a permanent replacement. I may come and go based on the patch notes, but that would actually make me quit forever.
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    LA - is FREE famage between skills.

All they need to do on PTS from current LIVE - buf skill that is pressed after skill per 10%
    Buff ALL damage not HA for 3 seconds after HA.
    Buff La after LA on 20% (not sorcs overload).

SO:
    Rotations will look like:

Skill->Skill+10%->Skill+10%->Skill+10%

HA->(ALL not ha DAMAGE +15%)->HA->(ALL not ha DAMAGE +15%)->HA->(ALL not ha DAMAGE +15%)

LA->LA+20%->LA+20%->LA+20%->LA+20%

OR Skill->LA->Skill->LA->Skill->LA

LA > 10% of skill - so (Skill->LA->Skill->LA->Skill->LA) do most damage.

If player lose LA he get free skill damage but not that much.

Other builds are happy too.
    Options
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I tried FF14, hated the auto attacks, if ESO did that I would be finding a permanent replacement. I may come and go based on the patch notes, but that would actually make me quit forever.

FF is boring like hell - i start sleap during play - can not even play for an hour. So boringly slow and simple game.
    Options
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    As someone who has experienced the auto-lights in games like SWTOR, and GW2 - it makes for very boring combat.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

Options
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    As someone who has experienced the auto-lights in games like SWTOR, and GW2 - it makes for very boring combat.

It was OK in some games - but the games were itself very dinamick as example L2, aion and etc.

Here it will be just a bad solution. And game really becomes borring.
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Light attack weaving is just a failed concept to begin with. We have all these powerful skills and abilities, but we apparently have to spam regular attacks inbetween as well. There is no need to make players spam buttons like that, it feels and looks stupid. Which is why I'm practically never using light attacks(except endeavour poisons and tagging mobs).

Besides that, there is also the factor of lag. This game is an online MMO, not everyone's connection speed will be flawless. Also, serverload! If you have 100.000 players spamming light attacks every single second, this is probably not good for the server.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Tigertron wrote: »
    Every decent keyboard on the planet has macros built in.

Keydown = lmb
    Wait = .4 sec
    Keyup = lmb
    Wait = .4 sec
    Cycle

Anyone can do this why not just make it part of the UI.

The macro is a violation of the TOS and considered cheating.

Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

don't worry, casuals will all still die to the insane ammount of insta kills in this game.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
    Options