The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lady Thorn fight bugged

Dawn5hade
Dawn5hade
Soul Shriven
I have been trying to farm Castle Thorn but the final boss fight is bugged. The "bat swarm" Aoe circle is not visible for me and in my last attempt two of us had same issues. This has been happening more than half of my attempts at this dungeon. I have tried to clip this the aoe is not moving on my screen but if I step out of it I'm dead. I keep hearing this happens to a lot of people
  • BuffNukem
    BuffNukem
    ✭✭✭
    This bug has been occurring for at least 8 months now on XBox Series X and makes the Lady Thorn fight far more challenging than it should be. As Dawn described, during the bat swarm phase of the boss fight when the group has to follow the AOE hole on its circular path around the room, the visual indication of the hole often "freezes" in place for 1-2 members of the group meaning they lose visual indication of where the actual safe zone is. During that time, the only way for those 1-2 members to stay alive is to ignore what they see and to closely follow someone else in the group that still has the correct visual indications of the safe zone location. After about 15-20 sec, the bug often clears and the visual indication of the hole jumps to the proper current position and moves normally again. I've had this bug occur multiple times during the same fight, which makes this super annoying and the prospect of doing HM nearly impossible for most groups.

I personally brought this bugs attention to Rich on at least 2 occasions back when he was streaming and he said he was taking notes and taking it to the team to look at. That was over 6 months ago, and this bug has not been addressed.

Here is a clip of it happening to me three times back to back: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/buff-nukem/gif/CarefulEsteemedCanine
    Edited by BuffNukem on June 25, 2022 4:30PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a long time bug which has been reported countless times.
    1. Still not fixed or even acknowledged.
    2. They even have Castle Thorn as the monthly dungeon with a style page lol.

It ain’t getting fixed.
  • Dawn5hade
    Dawn5hade
    Soul Shriven
    Here is one of my vet clips this happened 5 or 6 times I have no desire to try again till there is a fix.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dungeon group goes for all the dungeon achievements, especially perfectas. We’re working our way through every dungeon. Got to castle thorn and ran into this - it’s just absurdly hard to not lose someone when 1-3 players can’t track the safe area.

There’s also an achievement for not killing the blood knight on hard mode. Hard under the best of circumstances as you basically can’t use aoe or have to have the healer taunt the ad. With this bug it’s just ridiculous.

Anyway after a few nights of this we moved on to other dungeons. Perfectas are hard enough. Battling glitched fights and having to be flawless is just not happening.

It’s frustrating that they haven’t fixed this after so many months. And to add a style page with a higher drop rate if you’ve finished hard mode is just terrible. (The rate is still absurdly low even with hm completed.)

Please fix this ZOS.
  • Dawn5hade
    Dawn5hade
    Soul Shriven
    With this dungeon having a special style page drop this month really makes me mad. I can't afford to buy the style page but I can't run dungeon either. Id give it a try if they said "if this happens then" do what ever I have tried leaving instance reloading UI and even once we swapped rolls. It's not just me whenever I ask guildies to run it I overwhelmingly get that dungeon is broken.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawn5hade wrote: »
    With this dungeon having a special style page drop this month really makes me mad. I can't afford to buy the style page but I can't run dungeon either. Id give it a try if they said "if this happens then" do what ever I have tried leaving instance reloading UI and even once we swapped rolls. It's not just me whenever I ask guildies to run it I overwhelmingly get that dungeon is broken.
    In my experience many ps5 users experience this and not PS4, from what I’m reading into this it could be a next gen bug.
  • hdawbz
    hdawbz
    Soul Shriven
    Ps4 pleb here. Try shutting off your ability timers before last boss.
  • hurry143
    hurry143
    ✭✭
    This just happened to me today on the PC. On one attempt, the "safe circle" didn't move at all for me. On another attempt, it moved at the very start but then stopped in place mid-way through that phase. Really unfortunate, since I was the tank and our group was having a great run up to that point. I had to leave group in order for the group to find a tank who (hopefully) wouldn't encounter the bug.

- Reloading UI didn't help.
    - Leaving instance and re-entering didn't help.
    - Dying didn't help.

Like others have said, I've encountered this bug enough times over the past year. I'm just really surprised that it still hasn't been fixed yet. Has this bug even been acknowledged by the devs though?
    Edited by hurry143 on July 20, 2022 7:12PM
  • Von_Yorshe
    Von_Yorshe
    Soul Shriven
    PC -A group of us have been having this problem as well, we were just in vet Castle Thorn in the past hour. For our tank in particular, the circle is fine until the blood guardian shows up. Afterwards for her the circle just disappears altogether and we are at the mercy of the rest of us being able to stay somewhat in the centre of the still moving circle. Unfortunately we tend to avoid the place altogether because of this, since the chances of success drop depending on how many people are affected by the glitch on any given run.

Some additional info:
    -It used to happen to me fairly consistently, but hasn't the last handful of times I was there.
    -Our aforementioned tank and I ran it a couple of days ago in a random vet and she encountered no problems that particular run (playing as DPS)
    -We were wondering if it was dependent on graphics cards/drivers? I run a fairly weak card but am fine, however those in my group still experiencing these problems happen to be using much stronger, newer gaming cards.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this will ever be fixed?
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    BahometZ wrote: »
    I wonder if this will ever be fixed?

just so you know, it is still not fixed. trying for a trifecta and it is sooo annoying. the circle stops moving , I try to keep up with the group but in the execute phase it is impossible, when you need to dodge an aoe and dive and attack the same time, no idea which way to do it.... it started happening a week ago and I did everyuthing - cleared cache, repaired game, turn off add on - nothing changed. we tried tonight, it is the same, and only happening to me. I even changed to another character, we started a new instance and it is still happening, just to me. how, why ?
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed. Good grief.
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This just happened to me 2 [snip] years later I start playing the game again and run castle thorn for a daily random and last boss still bugged where light circle mechanic freezes and circle keeps moving for everyone else, so if u stay in the circle on your screen (again it’s frozen and not moving) you are dead, you have to hope your teammates are in it well and follow them and it’s a complete kill joy. All the money being made still having gambling crates in this video game and still can’t afford bug fixes and engine improvements???? Blows my mind. And to the fault of leadership. Not the fault of devs who know what the players want and are actually talented and care about the product.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2024 7:35PM
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And still I wonder when this will be fixed.