Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OMG Does anyone else hate HATE hate clockwork city? Thank the goddesses it's tiny!!!!!

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate most of the non-Tamriel realms. Not a big fan of CC, deadlands, coldharbour, fargrave, etc. I guess they are ok to visit once for a story line, but even that isn't super enjoyable for me. I don't know what it is for me with that stuff, but I've always been like that, even when I played DnD, stuff like huge dungeons you might be in for sessions or underdark, etc. I grew bored with quickly.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quite like clockwork city. And the trees are some of the prettiest in the game. The navigation does take a bit of getting used to but it is no where near as bad as Vvardenfell that is a complete nightmare especially on the daily quest hand in.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and in particular the crackliness of the Fabricant droids voice triggers Misophonia.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    i really like clockwork city and the overall atmosphere, but i really dislike how small the zone is

im not really there too often because there just isnt that much to do

You finished the Clockwork City Ride, now it's off to the Breton Pirate Ride

the problem i have with clockwork city is that there is just so much area that is effectively unused, outside of the few delves and where the quest takes you, much of the area outside of the brass fortress is just empty especially the further you go from the fortress

not a lot of side quests either

i will probably go back there at some point to finish fishing (ugh fishing) and getting the lead from fishing since i need more codex entries for that furnishing

edit: spelling and clarity
    Did you ever catch any fishomatons? ;)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always keep inventory of foul hides etc it takes just a few minutes to do the crow dailies
  • Chiaroscuro
    Chiaroscuro
    ✭✭✭
    I adore Clockwork - the big issue I have is I wish there were more delves, because the dailies (and getting to the HoR location) get boring/tedious. Also, it gives the vibe like Daro is just trying to feed people to Nocturnal at this point, lol

I had the big problem of running out of content. I think. I keep spending more time there hoping for just a little more but nothings turned up. It'd be nice if they added new things to older zones occasionally. The feeling of deadness that comes on after completing a zone is so depressing.

I wish we had an option to get a smaller apartment in the Brass Fortress itself, too. One with a layout similar to the upper floor of the bank perhaps (the packseller/Daros); I just really love those staircases.

Everyone has to have a least favorite though. Weirdly, I can't stand Reaper's March. I think it's the quality of light. I like the architecture, I like the stories, but I just hate being there.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like it there. Purely a matter of taste: it's all metallic, with lot of mazes in confined spaces and no day light... A combo of all what I dislike... :D

However, it's no worries to me, because when I don't like something, my rule is "change it or cope with or leave it". Since I can neither change it nor cope with, I left Clockwork a while ago and never returned (except for picking up treasure maps once in a blue moon). As simple as that. o:)

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a love and hate for Sammy.

Sotha Sil is negligent for not looking after all the people and his narrow vision really made the marginalised suffer. Sammy is very annoyed with him about that.

On the other paw….

The WBs are relatively easy to defeat.

However, the above point negates the one below.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I love how the city and areas look, but for traveling around it is one of the worst zones in the game.
  • Frogmother
    Frogmother
    ✭✭✭
    CWC is visually boring, mostly becasue of its atrificial nature. It is also depressing because its all rusty and polluted with oil plus its a nightmare to live in. CWC is a trap for all who ended up there, forced to suffer there with minimal life quality.

The idea to create such a world shows that Sotha Sil must be sick and sadictic.
    Edited by Frogmother on May 26, 2022 10:27AM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    I don't like it there. Purely a matter of taste: it's all metallic, with lot of mazes in confined spaces and no day light... A combo of all what I dislike... :D

However, it's no worries to me, because when I don't like something, my rule is "change it or cope with or leave it". Since I can neither change it nor cope with, I left Clockwork a while ago and never returned (except for picking up treasure maps once in a blue moon). As simple as that. o:)

Same. Or I do bosses during the events.

The treasure that's out in the east gave me so much trouble for a while. It looks like you have to go down a particular ravine but it has no passage. Took me a long time to realize it's the one near Exarch's Egress you have to go down.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    i really like clockwork city and the overall atmosphere, but i really dislike how small the zone is

im not really there too often because there just isnt that much to do

You finished the Clockwork City Ride, now it's off to the Breton Pirate Ride

the problem i have with clockwork city is that there is just so much area that is effectively unused, outside of the few delves and where the quest takes you, much of the area outside of the brass fortress is just empty especially the further you go from the fortress

not a lot of side quests either

i will probably go back there at some point to finish fishing (ugh fishing) and getting the lead from fishing since i need more codex entries for that furnishing

edit: spelling and clarity
    Did you ever catch any fishomatons? ;)

i have actually, i think i have almost half of the rare fish from that zone when i was trying to get the lead from there the first time lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's actually one of my favorite places! I really liked all the little touches here and there to remind you it's artificial. Like how the nodes are different. I found the quests and stories to be more memorable than most, also.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Tesman85
    Tesman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ermiq wrote: »
    Not sure about the map structure, but I do hate it because of it's nature. The nature that is not natural, the out-of-place nature, the artificiality, the constant feeling of dead cold brick inside a glass jar, the alienating foreignness of this whole place that just feels like it doesn't belong to neither Nirn nor Aetherius.

Well put! I somewhat dislike going there for precisely the same reason. There's something horrid in the cold, mechanical way everything is made there.

This is surely intentional from the developers, however. ESO's writing makes clear what hypocrites the Tribunal are at their core. Vivec wanders in the maze of his own cleverness and self-crafted fame at the expense of more useful things, Almalexia wants to appear a benevolent mother-figure despite being a narcissistic tyrant. Sotha Sil is the most aware of these three and believes to the least degree in the lie the Tribunal has crafted. Still, despite all his wisdom and insight, he is in the end a bit of a nihilist and uncaring of anything but his vision of perfectness. The whole atmosphere in the Clockwork City is built on this technocratic ideal. It is actually quite an accomplishment from the writers.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my favourite dlc's, also a good reminder that tes isn't just some boring "medieval fantasy" setting which is a giant plus in my book.
  • Caupo
    Caupo
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt like it at first, when I was going there only to get treasure chests and crafting. But I fell in love with it when I started doing quests and story there.

Besides Sotha Sil is most interesting character of all the dark elves.
    Edited by Caupo on May 27, 2022 10:39AM
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clockwork City does have a few annoying repeatable quests but other than that is a great place. The map it well layed out and it's easy to get most places.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from how bland it looks (too many shades of brown), I enjoy the zone.