Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OMG Does anyone else hate HATE hate clockwork city? Thank the goddesses it's tiny!!!!!

• Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    I'd done clockwork city in the expansion of TES3 so I already knew of the fabricants and such. Not sure exactly what you're saying about robots, you speak strangely. But they exist, dwemer automatons exist. These speaking factoum workers are just fine to exist as well.

As for the dlc itself in eso, I did it while still under level 50 on my first character. At the time, I did hate having to run everywhere and waste time on mobs that didn't feel worth any time. But that's because I was new to ESO and my build sucked, so killing enemies was a pain. Aside from that frustration though, sotha sil is absolutely wonderful in it. His parting dialogue was one of if not the most memorable encounter in TES for me. I cherish the clockwork city.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like everything in the zone. Besides that, this DLC has one of my favorite NPCs: Sotha Sil.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it. I like the atmosphere and the music. But I will say I find it hard to get around there
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    I hate it too, but it's because of the monotone colour scheme and same enemies again and again. The quests and characters are nice, map I agree is confusing as the quest marker is not always a great help.

It's the background sound that does my head in personally.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its ok. 🤷‍♂️
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it when it was new but hardly ever go there these days except to do a treasure map. For the size of the zone there are just way too many tricksy pathing issues to get from one place to the next.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent to the zone when it comes to just running around and farming events (never been a huge fan of dwemer ruins either), but I LOVED Sotha Sil's story! Great voice actor, and the conversations you can have during the quest-line are some of my favorites. Characters and story-line are what brought me to ESO, and it's what keeps me here. I love Vivec, Sotha Sil, more Sotha Sil in the Psijic story, and a certain returning Breton knight in Summerset and that entire story made me cry. :cry::smiley:

It's the story in any zone that lets me enjoy that zone, otherwise it would just be boring landscape and killing random enemies without an actual purpose.
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork City is great. It's such a unique setting when compared to the rest of the game. Love the lore around the area, love learning more about Sotha Sil, and love the Asylum trial too. Reminds me a lot of Clockwork Island from Fable 3, which brings back some pretty great memories too. The robots are super cool, and considering the steam animunculi that the Dwemer built, not far of a stretch.
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork City is indeed very much apart of the lore. You go there in TES Morrowind briefly. Here is an image of the Clockwork City from that game in fact: p51u47fmfirp.png
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clockwork had such a great story! I love Sotha Sil! The zone is a pain at first but once you unlock all the wayshrines and learn your way around, it won't be so bad. Seriously, do the main quest! Sotha Sil is my favorite Tribunal god!
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a hard time following any map in any zone, lol! I just have a bad sense of direction, I guess.

That said, I like CWC, it's fine, and actually one of the ones that I have the least problems with.
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it. When it first came out I thought it was so unique looking.

I don't like trying to get to some of the shards so I don't do that any longer. But it is very cool looking.

Edited to add that I think now it is the most dead zone in the game.
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on May 24, 2022 10:30PM
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, CWC is the best Zone DLC for me and nothing else has beaten it. Lots of skill points from Main Quest, actually seeing Sotha Sil, connecting the Court of Bedlam Saga, and the beautiful animations near the end and the Homage Garden at the actual end.
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork City is probably tied with Murkmire as my favorite zone and questline in the game. My only issue with it is the lack of color, but that is by design.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably my second favorite smaller zone after the Reach. Eons better than Murkmire.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Clockwork City. My problem is Senchel, That city is really pissing me off trying to navigate.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    I love Clockwork City. My problem is Senchel, That city is really pissing me off trying to navigate.

Senchal is the one in elswyr that has a lot of tall winding walls and stairways right? If so, it is a pain to navigate, but it also made me notice how defensive it would be against an invasion. It's a nice feature imo compared to the openness of the capitals. Definitely feels like it was designed with world purpose
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I hate it is because its to small, I think its smaller that 1 alliance zone. At least make it as big as morrowwind, bigger would be better.

Also, I would like to see skeletal factutum/fabricant, you know just their bones none of their skins and muscles for factotum/fabricant.

Another thing, I would like to see the original head of my toon in a factotum/fabricant body, the polymorph is great but I want a human head in it.

Just saying.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Clockwork City! The look, the quests and the crows! It is probably my second favorite (after the Reach).
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malyore wrote: »
    Castagere wrote: »

Senchal is the one in elswyr that has a lot of tall winding walls and stairways right? If so, it is a pain to navigate, but it also made me notice how defensive it would be against an invasion. It's a nice feature imo compared to the openness of the capitals. Definitely feels like it was designed with world purpose

That's the one.
  • Ajaxcat
    Ajaxcat
    ✭✭
    Reign03 wrote: »
    Ya, I hope it's not just me the og morrowind GAL... but clockwork needs "work" it sucks to get anywhere in there. I hate all the time it takes to complete the story there ......................k cuz most of the time i'm looking at map. and even then it sucks because map is right on but i didn't realize i have to go UP or DOWN do a dance [snip].. not only is it not a "true" part of elder scrolls (that i know of, and i don't know a lot about it, just the game in morrowind, oblivions, skyrim etc... where is the robots????????????????? besides that the city as a whole to me is irritating... ANYONE else or just me???????????? i hate it! hate strong hate

[edited for profanity bypass]
    I like the music. The zone itself is meh for me.
    For me it's like vivec city I never go there either (but I like the music).
    Was so glad to complete the mq's in both of those zones.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really like clockwork city and the overall atmosphere, but i really dislike how small the zone is

im not really there too often because there just isnt that much to do
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on May 25, 2022 4:29PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i really like clockwork city and the overall atmosphere, but i really dislike how small the zone is

You finished the Clockwork City Ride, now it's off to the Breton Pirate Ride
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just means you spend more time enjoying the map :)
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dreaming dreaming ...

I like its uniqueness.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually , I love it.

Sotha Sil is a perfect ***, but the place is quite entertaining.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The part of Tamerial that hate is Cold Harbour. It's beyond dreary. It all looks the same and I have trouble finding things. It's the only part I actively avoid.

I find Clockwork city looks meh. Although it's a breeze to navigate and I like the dallies there.

Same here, especially having to unlock wayshrines on new toons. The entire zone is just horribly designed imo.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »

You finished the Clockwork City Ride, now it's off to the Breton Pirate Ride

the problem i have with clockwork city is that there is just so much area that is effectively unused, outside of the few delves and where the quest takes you, much of the area outside of the brass fortress is just empty especially the further you go from the fortress

not a lot of side quests either

i will probably go back there at some point to finish fishing (ugh fishing) and getting the lead from fishing since i need more codex entries for that furnishing

edit: spelling and clarity
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on May 25, 2022 5:59PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    ia trying to go there,. and do it because i love it so much please do not take it away from players who love it,.. because if anything add content on to it dot take it away