The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

OMG Does anyone else hate HATE hate clockwork city? Thank the goddesses it's tiny!!!!!

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate is too strong a word but CWC is definitely my least favorite zone in the game for the following reasons:

- You can employ all the TES lore mental gymnastics you like but the theme in CWC is still steampunk to me and I don't care for that in my medieval fantasy world.

- Crows in ES are incredibly annoying to me and there are tons of the talking little annoyances in CWC.

- Getting that nasty black oily water stuff out of your hair is very hard!
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Liedeke
    Liedeke
    ✭✭✭
    Goes to show that people can have very different preferences, there is something for everyone in this game. :smile:

Personally Clockwork city is one of my favourite dlcs and places to walk around in. The zone itself if pretty unique and I'm loving all the copper and golden hues, very satisfying colour palette. I enjoy farming mats, very calming to me, and clockwork city is one of my favourite places to do so even if it's not the best place for it. And I love that some dailies there want me to farm mats, perfectly up my alley.
    I also really enjoyed the main quest and side quests.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike it in the same way I dislike everything dwemer.
    But ESO always manages to tell a good story, so I don't hate it or anything, it is just one of my least favourite zones because it feels so desolate and far away from the world, which atmosphere wise is actually a good thing as that's exactly what it should convey haha. I have the same (but less) with the oblivion/coldharbour zones. I am more of a traditional fantasy landscape person haha.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the daily that has two parts - one of which is to bring back a specific Mat. I can't freely pick up nodes knowing that others might need them to do the daily. And when you are Doing one of those dailies, so frustrating to follow the icon to a node only to have it disappear when someone else takes it.

IMHO
    :#
  • Liedeke
    Liedeke
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    I hate the daily that has two parts - one of which is to bring back a specific Mat. I can't freely pick up nodes knowing that others might need them to do the daily. And when you are Doing one of those dailies, so frustrating to follow the icon to a node only to have it disappear when someone else takes it.

IMHO
    :#

While I personally enjoy that quest I agree that is a pretty annoying part of it. The competition for the mats I mean. One of the reasons I only really farm at strange times (read, night owl hours). Luckily it's not a very busy zone so if you walk a bit away from the wayshrines you can get what you need rather quickly most of the time. Unless there is an event happening, in that case good luck.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork City IMO is one of the better DLCs. I thoroughly enjoyed the main quest (surprise Blackfeather Court appearance!), I like that they made custom nodes for the wood, alchemy plant, and cloth resources, and Sotha Sil is an interesting character.

My big complaints for the zone aren’t really all that big: most of the trees and so on are just shinier reskins of existing assets and don’t really look built, the ‘twist’ in the soylent-green-is-people sidequest might as well be painted over the entrance in big bold letters, and there are no Hulking Fabricants.

Seriously, no Hulking Fabricants. Tribunal only had three Clockwork City-specific monsters, why did we only get two of them???
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me Clockwork City>Blackwood
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP was feeling some kinda way, but I kinda like it. I don't venture there often so when I do it's always a nice change.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care for it either. It's too convoluted and takes forever. I've never completed it. It sucks.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disagree. i love cwc. i do think the colour scheme could be updated a bit, but in general i think it's a great dlc zone. i especially love the music and i wish they'd create more zones like this
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • abakzn
    abakzn
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like it either. It does not feel like it belongs in the game to me.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES! Its the most dreary place in the game! Farming sucks, especially during double node events. Just all around depressing to be there withe the lighting the way it is, no day or night time, i can go on...
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭
    can't be worse than Murkmire
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, one of my favorite areas.
  • Daimonion82
    Daimonion82
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite zones, really uniuque. But I like steampunk feel in general:)
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate everything
    Awake, but at what cost
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it personally and it is fully included in the Elder Scrolls lore. You will most likely get used to the map, a couple more wayshrines would have been helpful but its ok to navigate when you get used to it.
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one loved the quests but hates how the poor people have to eat terrible bland purée and live such prescribed lives, especially the downtrodden. So yeah, Sotha Sil did bad with housing policy and food policy :/

Yes, that bothers me too. More so every time I go checking all the barrels to steal stuff & most have food items. They really don't have to eat that oily gruel.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork was great.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed playing through it and I love the Blackfeather Court, but aesthetically I don't care for it. I know it's explained as clockwork and soul gems but it still reads as "robots" to me. It just seems incongruous.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the better zones in the game. The lore of that place is great and it's a joy to be in and explore. Particularly the Brass Fortress.

The only zones I hate are Argonian ones like Murkmire.
    Edited by Vrienda on May 24, 2022 3:07PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CWC my favorite area.
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    I enjoyed playing through it and I love the Blackfeather Court, but aesthetically I don't care for it. I know it's explained as clockwork and soul gems but it still reads as "robots" to me. It just seems incongruous.

Man, now you just reminded me that I really didn't like how some of the "robots" were treated in that town. THEY ARE TRYING THEIR BEST. RED DIAMOND IS HARD
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that CWC was one of the better DLCs to be honest.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually really love it, and I didn't expect to, because steampunk is normally so not my thing. But I find it strangely calming, in sort of a melancholy way. Maybe it's the music?

In any case, I don't spent a lot of time there, but I'm always happy to periodically revisit it for events or to take a new alt through the storyline.
    Edited by amapola76 on May 24, 2022 3:20PM
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    i like it why moan about it,, there is other conections like pygic and others.. sorry about spelling but i think its fine way it is,,, if not dont the whole story line then wont know but it kinda does have other maps .. including pygic maps one on island think forgot the name but i condsider it conected .. to the story line..
  • Vanathil
    Vanathil
    ✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    I for one really like Clockwork City. It's very different from other zones and has this strange alien feeling. I also like the crows.

Exactly! That otherworldly vibe, alien feeling, steampunk style with its dreary music in the background somehow feels like it's a complete different game/world yet it's still the same. Oh I love it!
    The same reason fell in love with Fargrave too.
  • deleted230224-002325
    Clockwork city is by far my fav area in ESO. Probably due to the fact that I'm a morro *** <3

I even made a Clockwork/dark elf style house at earthtear cavern:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/605461/clockwork-style-for-the-earthtear-cavern#reply-anchor
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not big on all the robot type mobs but I found the zone to be fun, partly because it was so different from other zones. Not all the hard to get around in once you get the hang of it.

Now Coldharbour I hate. It's just depressing. Couldn't wait to get out of there.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it once and never went back.

VAS (the trial), was fun though. I did get a fair bit out of that DLC in terms of raiding.

I haven't completed many of the DLC to be honest, because it's a long haul and I'm not particularly fond of how 'questing and exploration' is done in ESO compared to non MMO titles of the same franchise.