The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Fed up with the Hesitation to Give Frost Warden a Win

• SEINTDARKNES
    SEINTDARKNES
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Oh yes we remember, the Morrowind trailer guy casting frost mage spells which do not exist on the Warden class :neutral:

It was a super hype chapter though. Back then it was nothing but excitement for chapters

The first thing i think when i see launching frost spells was it's a frost battle mage!

But the worst part was the warden only had 1 frost damage skill and the ultimate xD
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    For example I don't think a lot of people use expansive frost because you don't need a big area of effect, at worse you will cast the hability 1 more time so i don't see the point on using expansive frost.

You don't want to bark up that tree, I've had so many healers crucify me over suggesting reworking Expansive Frost Cloak, but if they say just gave the range to Ice Fortress and made the other morph something interesting like being melee'd while cloak is active chills the attacker and reduces their movement speed by 30% , I'd be down for that

Yeah, the skill is super boring but healers do use expansive and tanks use ice fortress.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching over the entire video, it only thing that actually made it to the abilities was the Bear. We didn't get the Frost Bolt thing or the Big Ice Shell Move, that would have actually been a cool ability. You might be able to argue the big AoE Frost Blast was an Amped up Northern Storm, but still there was some missed potential for sure

I feel like the big Ice tornado in the animation is a cinematic version of the old Permafrost that froze/ stunned enemies.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please! My Breton Warden was built with the frost fantasy in mind and even though I spent a lot of time farming vDSA for a perfected ice staff I only do pew pew damage.

Whenever I see the numbers output it feels like I'm shooting a water gun.

Time to make ice hit like a truck, baby!
  • SEINTDARKNES
    SEINTDARKNES
    ✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Watching over the entire video, it only thing that actually made it to the abilities was the Bear. We didn't get the Frost Bolt thing or the Big Ice Shell Move, that would have actually been a cool ability. You might be able to argue the big AoE Frost Blast was an Amped up Northern Storm, but still there was some missed potential for sure

I feel like the big Ice tornado in the animation is a cinematic version of the old Permafrost that froze/ stunned enemies.

But it looks so cool like a frost nuke or something xD

Frost mini nuke for ultimate? Maybe like frost comet but the blast comes from your body like in the video, i know i know i dream a lot xD
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But it looks so cool like a frost nuke or something xD

Frost mini nuke for ultimate? Maybe like frost comet but the blast comes from your body like in the video, i know i know i dream a lot xD

Eh, i think for a frost nuke, comet is fine. the only other ultimate i think we should get that does frost dmg should be a damage type change for bear.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ice tanking isn't even consistent with previous TES games. Ice magic is destruction magic. Magicka ''tanks'' use other schools of magic. It's so sad they changed ice for tanking in mid-ESO just to cut corners.

Also, designing viable frost sets is cool but a big help for frost DPS builds would be to rework the ancient knowledge passive for all three elements. I definitely think ZOS should start there.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know man, Frost Wardens seem in a better place than Shock Sorcerers.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Certainly, there's no argument there from me. however, we still lack the representation of damage skills within our own class when it's supposed to be the frost class, there's a lot of arguments to be made about shock sorcerers and how they really need support, for that i 100% back you. But at the same time, that doesn't invalidate our own points.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on April 28, 2022 12:20PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Certainly, there's no argument there from me. however, we still lack the representation of damage skills within our own class when it's supposed to be the frost class, there's a lot of arguments to be made about shock sorcerers and how they really need support, for that i 100% back you. But at the same time, that doesn't invalidate our own points.

Fair enough. It's just like you pointed out, there have been several improvements for frost wardens over the years, and considering how seldom ZOS gives us what we want, my frost warden almost feels spoiled.
    Not in the way that he's on par with proper builds, of course he isn't. Just compared to other neglected builds.

Besides finally making Arctic Blast a worthwhile stun, I still hope they'll give us a Frostbite Spider morph for our shalks. It just makes too much sense not to.

In general, instead of constantly reworking old skills, I wish they would just add new morphs. The morph system promised so much potential, but it remains virtually unused. Where's the harm in having 3 or 4 morphs per skill, or a 3rd morph stage? You can only have one morph per skill anyway, doesn't matter if it's 2 choices or 20. Just give us more choices, ZOS!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fair enough. It's just like you pointed out, there have been several improvements for frost wardens over the years, and considering how seldom ZOS gives us what we want, my frost warden almost feels spoiled.
    Not in the way that he's on par with proper builds, of course he isn't. Just compared to other neglected builds.

Besides finally making Arctic Blast a worthwhile stun, I still hope they'll give us a Frostbite Spider morph for our shalks. It just makes too much sense not to.

In general, instead of constantly reworking old skills, I wish they would just add new morphs. The morph system promised so much potential, but it remains virtually unused. Where's the harm in having 3 or 4 morphs per skill, or a 3rd morph stage? You can only have one morph per skill anyway, doesn't matter if it's 2 choices or 20. Just give us more choices, ZOS!

after this pts concludes i'll be making a post about destruction staves as weapons seem to be the next port of call for zenimax in "helping lesser used morphs", in it i'll include ideas and painpoints for both shock and frost. i just don't know enough about sorcerer to really offer legitimate solutions, but i do know a lot about the destruction staff. so hopefully i can help there.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on April 28, 2022 1:11PM
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a large problem with Destruction Staff is the Meta Mindset, people gravitate to Fire because it dos the most damage in every situation, where Shock & Frost lend to more utility focus with Brittle and Vulnerability. Personally I think it's fine that Fire does more damage, but I don't think the Utility provided by Brittle and Vulnerability provide enough to equal that extra damage.

Minor Brittle - This gets to the point where it doesn't get the full value of of +10% Crit Damage, in a raid situation if you are specced right you will get to about 130% Crit Damage, making half of Minor Brittle useless and Major Brittle complete overkill.

Minor Vulnerability: +5% extra damage is great since it doesn't have a cap like Crit Damage, but the extra 5% Damage, which ALL healers tend to run also applies to the FIre Staffs user any way so he's still ahead in the game.

Personally I don't know how to fix the issue, you could say that Minor & Major Brittle increase the Crit Damage Cap which would make having a Frost Staff mandatory by at least one Warden in a raid, but that might be too strong.

Shock is still outside my expertise so I'm all ears for opinions
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • SEINTDARKNES
    SEINTDARKNES
    ✭✭✭

I think they can make that the normal skill without morphs can have effects like a morph, that way we could have mor optios because at the beginning almost all the skill have one morph for stam and one for magicka but with the hybridization that doesn't matter that much so maybe ir we have 3 options could be better?
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

zRzntVG.gif
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hmmmmm I wouldn't consider waiting 5 seconds for a Stun a "Worthwhile Stun".

Also if they just step back you have to recast, it's such a bad change

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wdym, why don't you like waiting an eternity for something other classes do instantly?
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just wait till a mDK reflects your stunning frost bolts back to you from Slab, then we'll really be having fun

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait till a mDK reflects your stunning frost bolts back to you from Slab, then we'll really be having fun

DK wings dont actually reflect projectiles anymore, they fire a return projectile just like crystal slabs now and reduce the dmg you take from the ranged hit, but you would still be the one getting the stun

1h/shield ult or defensive posture are the only things i know that can actually reflect projectiles right now (usually the 1h/shield ult is what usually gets me a lot with my own poison injections lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah.... I don't really play DK much but that's good to know

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah.... I don't really play DK much but that's good to know
    Changed a long time ago.

• SEINTDARKNES
    SEINTDARKNES
    ✭✭✭

Wdym, why don't you like waiting an eternity for something other classes do instantly?

I can wait 5 seconds to stun my enemies... And probably i will be dead at that point xD
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but also reflects cant be re-reflected. So Slab would still hit.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• SEINTDARKNES
    SEINTDARKNES
    ✭✭✭
    but also reflects cant be re-reflected. So Slab would still hit.

Are you sure? I remember playing ping pong with dks or other wardens xD
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So that means we need to have a Warden Ping Pong Match, too bad the damage doesn't accumulate, that could get ridiculous.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So that means we need to have a Warden Ping Pong Match, too bad the damage doesn't accumulate, that could get ridiculous.

crys slab should still ping pong slab projectiles.
  • SEINTDARKNES
    SEINTDARKNES
    ✭✭✭

I think we can play ping pong but if we can do it who will be stun? The fist person to get the reflect projectile or the first person to drop the shields?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think we can play ping pong but if we can do it who will be stun? The fist person to get the reflect projectile or the first person to drop the shields?

It'd stun both of the players.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should be a Draw 2 situation where it just adds up the stun durations. Whelp I'm stunned for 5 minutes..... that sucks

• SEINTDARKNES
    SEINTDARKNES
    ✭✭✭

If that's the case i want to clarify that playing ping pong sounds fun but in a real fight will be really annoying, you will be giving free cc to everyone and if you encounter other warden you will get stun too.

I think this can have very hard repercussions in pvp for example imagine if for some reason warden become so popular that a large part of the community play as warden like rn dks on live, well imagine everyone using slab, this could have some hard repercussions and ppl can be so annoyed with the skill that they could opt to don't play with skills at range so we can assume we literally just erase range style of the game.

It could be very hard that realistically happen but it is there.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that's the case i want to clarify that playing ping pong sounds fun but in a real fight will be really annoying, you will be giving free cc to everyone and if you encounter other warden you will get stun too.

I think this can have very hard repercussions in pvp for example imagine if for some reason warden become so popular that a large part of the community play as warden like rn dks on live, well imagine everyone using slab, this could have some hard repercussions and ppl can be so annoyed with the skill that they could opt to don't play with skills at range so we can assume we literally just erase range style of the game.

It could be very hard that realistically happen but it is there.

if a lot of people started using wardens with this change, playing a mag build might become very difficult because of the constant cc breaks burning stamina, since mag toons dont get a lot of cost reduction there nor a large pool

might also make some of the red cp such as slippery for the free cc break and other red slottables that give benefits while under effect of cc/extend duration become very interesting
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014