Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PC NA server unstable past hour

• joekneegee2003ub17_ESO
    My load time is worse now than it was yesterday. The game isn't playable in this condition.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ME specifically, the PC/NA server appears to be MUCH improved after the maintenance. Latency is now down around 200-276ms instead of 999+. That is, not perfect, still some lag, but much, much better. I can open a container in fargrave and see the contents almost immediately, instead of having to wait several seconds to loot. Etc. My normal latency is around 100-120ms, so there is definitely still a problem of some sort, and this is occasionally noticeable - e.g. latency will jump up briefly to 999+, or character load may take much longer etc sometimes. But the game is better than a day ago, for me anyway.

Update: tried doing a world boss daily in fargrave, and got disconnected... again. :(

Pathping still shows huge (89%?) packet losses going through seattle.bb.telus.com, but this might or might not be meaningful, as another person pointed out.

Now I'm just waiting to see what PC/EU is like after maintenance on that megaserver.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on March 21, 2022 10:55PM
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @Pyr0xyrecuprotite

That was my experience this morning, long loading, but in game much, much improved. Even ran IC prison and farmed my Leeching ring.

:)

After midmorning maintenance, overland seems fine, but have not tried in dungeon pace of activity, but loading seems to actually be longer than this morning.

:'(
  • kestrik
    kestrik
    Soul Shriven
    Xenite wrote: »
    Games has been horrible since patch day. My usual 90+ FPS now dips into 20-30 range in cities and the game is near unplayable at night with 3-4 minute load screens that typically took seconds before. Then you have the random can't connect to game server disconnects.

I have been experiencing all of the same issues here. Also playing in Western Canada. Initially, if I switched from Telus (my primary ISP) to Bell Canada (cellular), I no longer experienced packet loss / timeouts, but now I'm long pings / timeouts with both providers.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey All. We just posted another update here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being kicked for being idle too long trying to load,

new feature

wasted day
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay my apologies but how did you make it worse? What is the QA team doing?

Stuck at character load screen ... before today's messy maintenance character load in were reasonable at least after the backend fixes

Now it's worse then Monday character load in...

I am losing faith here...
  • SteamKitten01
    SteamKitten01
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even use wayshrines now. Was trying to travel to Mournhold to pick up pledges and when I go to use a wayshrine I see a message on my screen saying "your attempted transfer failed"
    SteamKitten01- GM of The Traveling Torchbug (PC/NA)
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now we are in the "Some People" group.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    sPark101

✭✭

As in : there are some people still willing to play this game? maybe that's our group :)

Loading times is still bad for me,, heck , it's all still bad for me, worse than before and I didn't think that was really possible
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Todays maintenance was also(maybe only for) for the implementation of coldstorage and sharding systems

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7545164#Comment_7545164

Which is why I presume they just did PC-NA and not PC-EU as well?

I only play on PC-EU and much as I dislike AWA since Update 33 I have had few or no performance issues HOWEVER my playtime has been much lower than normal. I have basically done my crafting writs, stocked my stores and been shopping a few times!

I have had no noticeably longer load screens, no issues when swapping characters(I've done that a lot) and no issues entering or leaving my homes(also done that a fair bit).

I am now dreading them doing whatever they did today on PC-NA to the PC-EU server, haven't consoles also had issues after this implementation and if they have why are ZoS pressing ahead with it?? :o
    Edited by freespirit on March 21, 2022 9:38PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    freespirit, first overnite maintenance was for sharding and cold storage migration. The second morning maintenance was to correct a myriad of issues on the PC NA servers that arose after the first maintenance.. The other issues on PC NA have been affecting more players , in worse ways, since early last week - those still need to be addressed, as per the comments from Kevin.
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2vznan176gf8.jpg

What a fun MMO.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said last night wouldn't fix the issue and they would have to throw in follow up for the issues that has been happening for some people, but does seem more wide spread then some people and worse now
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    freespirit, first overnite maintenance was for sharding and cold storage migration. The second morning maintenance was to correct a myriad of issues on the PC NA servers that arose after the first maintenance.. The other issues on PC NA have been affecting more players , in worse ways, since early last week - those still need to be addressed, as per the comments from Kevin.

I am aware the 2nd maintenance was to fix the first maintenance....... something that happens way too often.

It's the other issues that I find confusing if I'm honest. Traditionally it was PC-EU that struggled after every update, I presume EU and NA got the same Update 33 but this time NA seem to be having a horrible time and EU don't. Maybe there was something different, we will never be told!

I really hope it gets sorted asap for NA. <3
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Gets stuck on char loading in and ny gpu usage spikes to 99 percent while it loads and tmeps sky rocket.

I am having the exact same issue - hamsters in my machine are running like crazy to keep the ourobouros twirling.

I can confirm that the random dungeon finder is working, though.

My gpu may not be the newest but no reason a rtx 2800 ti should be spiking like that on the char select sdcreen and trying to log in from there, just very strange lately glad its not just me.

At-least for a game like this one
    Edited by RedTalon on March 21, 2022 10:08PM
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried the NA server and I guess I belong to the epithet some players as in "We are currently investigating issues some players are having on the North American PC/Mac megaserver." as I lagged and crashed and burnt.

Hopefully this will be fixed sometime soon.
  • Vykkr
    Vykkr
    Soul Shriven
    This is horrible. It's taking forever to log between toons. I'm going to have to walk away from this for a minute. It's my day off and I feel like I'm wasting it with load screens.
  • kestrik
    kestrik
    Soul Shriven
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    "We are still investigating issues some players are having on the PC NA megaserver regarding unusually long load times, latency and disconnections following today's maintenance"

This is what is weirding me out. Are they suggesting that these problem haven't been widespread for at least a week? I mean, every guild chat I am in has been flooded with people forming groups manually for the entire explorer's event b/c the grouper finder has been broken. There is a forum post from Kevin acknowledging the issue last Friday? This wording is so odd. I thought they would be extending the Explorer's Event to next weekend or something b/c so few people were able to consistently get in game and take advantage of it this past weekend.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gets stuck on char loading in and ny gpu usage spikes to 99 percent while it loads and tmeps sky rocket.

I am having the exact same issue - hamsters in my machine are running like crazy to keep the ourobouros twirling.

My gpu may not be the newest but no reason a rtx 2800 ti should be spiking like that on the char select sdcreen and trying to log in from there, just very strange lately glad its not just me.

It's likely spiking on the Char select screen because the frame rate in uncapped. A fps counter would probably show the frame rate the GPU is pushing to be in the high hundreds.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's likely spiking on the Char select screen because the frame rate in uncapped. A fps counter would probably show the frame rate the GPU is pushing to be in the high hundreds.

Ah and the rest of the game is capped then? I never had to be on the select screen more then a min or two before. Normally just a handful of secs before in
    Edited by RedTalon on March 21, 2022 10:48PM
  • cepheus74
    cepheus74
    ✭✭
    anyone worked out yet how to get into their homes?
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cepheus74 wrote: »
    anyone worked out yet how to get into their homes?

Its hit or miss really, sometimes lag out before they load, and other times have been able to port in or to them I cant really stay in long enough to give a more solid answer
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sPark101 wrote: »

The only possible way they could say that is if they don;t play their own game. ALL PLAYERS in NA PC are having this problem. All you need to do is read zone chat in any zone.

IT's taking up to 5 minutes to use a wayshrine, go into or out of a delve, go into or out of a dungeon and many other issues.

I'll repeat in case it's not clear ALL PLAYERS ON THE PC NA SERVER ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING THAT.

"Some" indeed lol.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah and the rest of the game is capped then? I never had to be on the select screen more then a min or two before. Normally just a handful of secs before in

It's capped at 100 FPS in game according to this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584759/frame-rate-cap-adjustment-how-to-limit-your-fps-from-being-too-high-updated
    As you said, people don't typically idle in the character select screen for long so it's not usually an issue.
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @Iselin

Quick question, once you are in dungeon, are you seeing lag, performance issues?

This morning BC time, after server came on line, logins were long, but finder did get me in, and I had no lag or freeze issues then. Might have been unique.

Since then, after this second maint, have not yet tried, so wondering if you were able to get in, how was the in game/dungeon performance?
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skipped the launcher and used the exe file directly to start up the game, so far seems to be running good and no kick outs or lstuck oon changing zones, maybe just a run of good luck

Edit: Spoke to soon :( Laggy again
    Edited by RedTalon on March 21, 2022 11:26PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keep getting the 1 second queue
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Iselin

Quick question, once you are in dungeon, are you seeing lag, performance issues?

This morning BC time, after server came on line, logins were long, but finder did get me in, and I had no lag or freeze issues then. Might have been unique.

Since then, after this second maint, have not yet tried, so wondering if you were able to get in, how was the in game/dungeon performance?

No. Once in dungeon everything is fine. Same in zones. no lag, chests open normally, harvesting works as usual etc.

Also, it has gotten much better in the past 1/2 hour.

And if no one else mentioned it the group finder is working and has worked all day so credit to them for fixing that.
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @Iselin

Sort of once you are "in" the server, things are fine. It is "entering" the server that takes forever.

That I what I saw this morning, once in okay.

Good news on finder, I saw that around noon.

Amazing.........

:s