Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PC NA server unstable past hour

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Iselin

Sort of once you are "in" the server, things are fine. It is "entering" the server that takes forever.

That I what I saw this morning, once in okay.

Good news on finder, I saw that around noon.

Amazing.........

:s

Some of us still can't get in...
  • Bethgael
    Bethgael
    ✭✭✭
    Last night after maintenance, my GM was kicked from her own guild by the server.

Nope, not kicked from the server. Kicked from her GUILD. Just while doing her daily.

Whatever you guys did last night, it's left some weird artefacts on your server.
    Ingame ID: Bethgael PC NA/EU but mostly NA
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @wolfie1.0.

I actually just tried to log in. Timed out and punted me back...confirm internet connection.

Went to try again and said I was currently logged in.

If so, gonna let the ingame "timer" time out and try again.

:'(
  • Bitter_Apple21
    Finally got in. Opened one toon - took awhile - to run dailies.

Finished. In game performance looked good.

Logged off that toon to access another.

Got punted.

• Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Multiple disconnects in last 15 minutes while standing or attempting to open a door.
    Dismissing Companion allowed me to actually open a container to see inside , 3 seconds vs ...never.
    Last disconnect put me to a High Isle full screen background, no log in box or error message box, had to task manager outta that one.

And to top if off, the Red Banner at the top of the forums saying they were working on it and stay tuned for information, has been removed...guess its all good now?
  • Bitter_Apple21
    Interesting.

Whatever has been done, now in game reactions are back to very laggy and slow.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    disconnect every attempt at combat..not fixed
  • Bitter_Apple21
    And red banner is now gone.

What does that mean?
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bitter_Apple21 - previously after the 2nd maintenance Kevin left a red banner at top of forums saying they were still looking into the other problems, info to follow as it arrives..banner gone, no info, no improvement

• Bitter_Apple21
    @Marcusorion1

I was wondering if I missed something. Just logged off cause overland now is laggy. Running a route to farm glyphs and it actually takes 2+ seconds for the screen to show contents.

Selecting take all sometimes processes quickly sometimes 3+seconds.

Not going to even try a dungeon. Yet this morning, other than logging in delays, once in game, server reaction and performance seemed normal.

Whatever they did mid morning, reversed that improvement. I can take a 2 min login if I have to as long as the in game experience is good.

This is getting ridiculous. Let alone how I see other friends or guild mates actually in dungeon.

:'(
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    sPark101 wrote: »
    Now we are in the "Some People" group.

The only possible way they could say that is if they don;t play their own game. ALL PLAYERS in NA PC are having this problem. All you need to do is read zone chat in any zone.

IT's taking up to 5 minutes to use a wayshrine, go into or out of a delve, go into or out of a dungeon and many other issues.

I'll repeat in case it's not clear ALL PLAYERS ON THE PC NA SERVER ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING THAT.

"Some" indeed lol.

Absolutely
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironically performance in Cyrodiil tonight is the best I've seen in a while
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Loads screens in pve where cut in half for me tonight from even pre doc drop day.

Still...no group finder
  • TitanEidolon
    TitanEidolon
    ✭✭✭

That's what happens when only 1/4 of people can actually get into the zone.
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting partial hireling mails, 0 bounty when I robbed a safebox (NPC saw and yelled at me) and now expanding/contracting healthbars on stuff Im fighting

dzvupqi9jd9n.jpg
    ni2rh4e8wotw.jpg
    vob7xedzawl2.jpg
  • Grey_Wanderer
    Grey_Wanderer
    ✭✭✭
    After 20 minutes of "logging out" last night, I finally had to Alt+F4 the game. I do not have much hope this morning.
  • IvyCaramba
    IvyCaramba
    Soul Shriven
    I've been kicked from the EU server now and unable to log back in for over half an hour. Server status says all is ok...
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo much better this morning! Thanks for fixing whatever it was!
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC/NA. Sorry, still freeze framing when moving fast, most apparent when sprinting on mount.

This makes the game nearly unplayable on the old machine ( which had no such trouble prior to U33)

Noticeable on the middle machine (I5 4460 16 GB and AMD RX 480)

Detectable but of little impact on the new machine (I7 9700F 16 GB and RTX 2060 Super)

Again, none of these computers had any such problem prior to U33. So our family may play the game in the future but unless this is addressed it will be for free only. Looking forward to Starfield.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An update:

All of the new problems introduced yesterday seem to be gone now for me. If that lasts throughout the day remains to be seen: character loads, zoning, going in and out of dungeons, mail, guild stores... all of that is back to normal and working fine.

Dungeon finder, which worked yesterday while we were having all the other issues, does not seem to work today. So back to square one with that one.

My own (and Pacific NW in general) connection issues routing through Seattle down to Dallas' Zenimax connection is still wonky with 999+ latency moments and high latency of 250+ even when playable but it goes up and down constantly. Using a VPN to re-route is still a viable workaround for this particular issue. I'm getting just slightly higher than my normal 70-90 latency when using a VPN to go another route to the game server.

We'll see how it goes later on, especially tonight during prime time.
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems back to normal for me today, but then again if you are playing now the event is over and the farming has declined everywhere.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA 7:00-7:30 AM local time , as usual the mornings are " better " in overall performance than later in the day. Loading screens and log-ins , so far, have certainly improved.

Still seeing some stuttering in movements of other players and NPC"s , especially if running or mounted. Combat has not disconnected me ( yet )

Whether it was back-end tweaks or the event being over, who knows ? Does not appear to be any more or less busy around me doing daily crafts or fargrave dailies.

from pinned thread:

ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

Over the past few days, we’ve been actively investigating the ongoing issues that have been mainly affecting PC NA. Each evening as we approach primetime hours, our team has been making adjustments on the backend in attempts to identify what’s causing these issues and try to lessen the impact. We have not yet identified a single root cause, especially given how much more these issues are affecting one server compared to the others. We’ve been logging into the game and experiencing the increased lag and load screens too and we want you to know that finding and fixing what’s causing these issues is our #1 priority right now.

A huge thank you for your ongoing patience as we know this has been very frustrating, and we’ll continue to provide updates in this thread

We'll see how things unfold as the day/evening progresses and player loads on the server change.
  • Bitter_Apple21
    Folks

7am Ish PC-NA-BC. Tried finder once with tank for specific. After 7 min, quit queue.

Wayshrine to wayshrine seemed fine. Tried one home seemed fine. Did mostly overland harvesting, screens pulled up and stuff taken seemed fine - might say very slight lag but if this whole thing hadn't happened would not have made an issue.

Toon to toon seemed fine.

However, to the point @Marcusorion1 made, still seeing stuttering in movements of other players. Tells me still lag issues. That tells me fast paced dungeon action could cause issues.
    Edited by Bitter_Apple21 on March 22, 2022 3:07PM
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged in okay this morning before work, did writs, ported to a few different places, ran through a public dungeon, harvested nodes overland. There was a bit of lag happening but the loading screens were the usual length, my hireling mails came in fine, guilds were all present (I didn't have issues with them yesterday). I didn't type in chat so can't comment on chat lag, and didn't do anything intensive like a dungeon or trial, but performance was generally pretty normal.

Fingers crossed it stays that way around primetime later. Yesterday was nuts.
    PC NA, CP2200+. Character creation is the true endgame.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    I logged in okay this morning

Fingers crossed it stays that way around primetime later. .
    Looks like maybe server "luck" could be taking a turn for the better and @ZOS_ devs might've figured things out more: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/600746/pc-na-maintenance-march-22-1pm-edt-6pm-cet
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    Looks like maybe server "luck" could be taking a turn for the better and @ZOS_ devs might've figured things out more: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/600746/pc-na-maintenance-march-22-1pm-edt-6pm-cet

Good to hear, and I hope it works! Honestly, I think most people could readily forgive performance problems and even certain difficulties with things like AWA if more open communication was happening. Seeing them acknowledge issues and try to fix them is all I could ask for from a company. I still love ESO even on its bad days - it's still where I go to unwind after 14 hour work days, and I hope to spend quite a few more years here. I just wish devs would be a bit more responsive and forthcoming to concerns.

And being able to have a conversation with my guildmates without it sounding like a game of mad libs due to 2 - 3 minutes chat lag will be nice!
    PC NA, CP2200+. Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Crismac
    Crismac
    ✭✭✭

Yesterday was nuts.

I agree, It was so bad and for how long this has been going on I canceled my eso+ renewing in 3 days. If they get it straightened out by then I will reactivate it. I am so glad I pay by the month, yeah it is more expensive but I don't trust these game companies with pre-orders and long subscriptions anymore.

Edited by Crismac on March 22, 2022 4:29PM
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hey All. We just posted another update here.

Thank you, but let me tell you that the problems are not only on NA, also on EU (frequent disconnections, bad graphics refresh time, etc), and this since a few days ago.
    Hope that, once solved the issues on NA server, those on EU will be addressed too.
  • kestrik
    kestrik
    Soul Shriven
    We’ve been logging into the game and experiencing the increased lag and load screens too and we want you to know that finding and fixing what’s causing these issues is our #1 priority right now.

Well that's good to hear. Ima waiting patiently at the finger crossing.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TimeViewer wrote: »
    Getting partial hireling mails, 0 bounty when I robbed a safebox (NPC saw and yelled at me) and now expanding/contracting healthbars on stuff Im fighting

dzvupqi9jd9n.jpg
    ni2rh4e8wotw.jpg
    vob7xedzawl2.jpg

Doesn't Mangle do that when applied to an enemy? Not the partial hireling mails or zero bounty, I mean, the smaller health bars. It happens when the servers are more functional, too.

ETA: Minor Mangle has a chance to apply on Bleed via the Hemorrhaging status effect.
    Edited by virtus753 on March 22, 2022 5:04PM