The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please remove Dungeon DLC from ESO+

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be ok if they split the queu in 2
    Base game only
    All dungeon

The base game only would need to get reduced reward tough, since its not a true random queu anymore. That or increase full random reward
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The core of ESO+ has been access to everything in the game except the latest chapter. Dungeons are a part of that and are a significant portion of the group content for MMORPGS.

The idea of a bonus for doing a random dungeon is to increase the number of players using the queue to help ensure when someone is queued for a specific dungeon they will eventually get a group. It is in Zenimax’s business interest to keep all DLCs as part of the random.

Zenimax might figures out how to scale the random reward based on risk which would allow a toggle to include or exclude DLC dungeons. Until then we can queue for a solo or drop ESO+ and buy the zone DLCs.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    What the title says. Ideally remove it from the game and stop developing them. But at the very least don’t have me queue for a normal dungeon and get cradle of shadows where the healer immediately quits and leaves me [snip]

I love the craft bag but having dlc dungeons in my random queue when I want to just get my endeavour done and get some exp for my necro is a punishment I’m not sure is worth it. 90% of these dungeons you keep adding drop trash sets nobody uses and stories the go-go-go multiplayer part of the game has no interest in letting me experience. They’re pointless wastes of dev time that would be better served producing a second small zone dlc.

*Deep Breath* Just please let me untick DLC in ESO+ I don’t want access to.

[Snip for Insulting/Baiting]

[snip]
    Any normal dungeon, whether it's a dlc or not, takes about 15 minutes to complete if you're a good enough player. If you do not strive for this, then why do you need experience and crystals?

I dunno man, that’s just who I got put with.

And sadly dungeons are a team effort. So as much as I’d love to just carry the team on my level 49 necro in level 34 gear. I can only do so much when there’s no healer and the other two don’t know what they’re doing and are unable to understand me.

You can preform the group instead of rolling the dice on who you will be grouped with.
    Edited by Psiion on February 3, 2022 4:47AM
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 player DLC dungeons are probably my favorite content in the current game and here's the OP calling for them to be removed from ESO+ (and perhaps the game? not clear what's being said ). Even worse OP wants ZOS to halt all development of these dungeons going forward. And the reason for this is because they're not getting the easy route to XP that OP thinks they deserve. I just... wow... OK.

If the goal is to hit level 50 then go farm Craglorn with an XP pot or do one of the many fast leveling strategies available. If the goal is progress on an endeavor, go into nFG1 with a companion and book it to the last boss. These things are super easy to achieve and don't require removing huge pillars of the existing game that you happen to not like.
    Edited by Dalsinthus on January 31, 2022 5:37PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC dungeons are the only fun dungeons. 😌
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very much enjoy the DLC dungeons and would be unhappy if ZOS stopped developing them or removed them from ESO+! To have an option to not include them in your sub or selection when queuing, sure, I am all for people having options.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purpose of the random is to fill people into dungeons where someone needs help. You get a reward for helping someome else rather than doing the dungeon you want to do.

Since you're already compensated for your time helping others, there is no good reason to undermine the RND's purpose for existence.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    ...we can queue for a solo or drop ESO+ and buy the zone DLCs.

Why should we have to drop ESO+ and lose all the perks we love just because of one thing that is not even listed as an ESO+ perk? The only thing it says about DLCs is "Access to all DLC game packs available in the Crown Store for the duration of membership".

It doesn't mention queueing for DLC dungeons as a perk, so doesn't anyone who owns DLC games packs, even if not subbed, also have those dungeons in the queue?
    PCNA
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively, you can just learn the DLC dungeons and if someone doesn't understand, explain to them. I'd venture to guess encountering a group full of russian speaking players who don't know the dungeon is very rare.

All of this boils down to the age old argument: why should I have to do work to get rewards?
    Edited by pelle412 on January 31, 2022 6:39PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »
    Alternatively, you can just learn the DLC dungeons and if someone doesn't understand, explain to them. I'd venture to guess encountering a group full of russian speaking players who don't know the dungeon is very rare.

All of this boils down to the age old argument: why should I have to do work to get rewards?

I don't want rewards. All I want is to queue for some quick dungeons just for the experience.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why should we have to drop ESO+ and lose all the perks we love just because of one thing that is not even listed as an ESO+ perk? The only thing it says about DLCs is "Access to all DLC game packs available in the Crown Store for the duration of membership".

It doesn't mention queueing for DLC dungeons as a perk, so doesn't anyone who owns DLC games packs, even if not subbed, also have those dungeons in the queue?

Yes. The random dungeon queues you for all dungeons you qualify to run, and then tries to place you where you are needed.

The specific dungeon lets you queue for any dungeon you choose.

You can choose to queue for all base game dungeons and it will assign you whichever one someone else needs you in, in the same way that random dungeon does.

However, if you do that you will not get the daily bonus rewards, as those are specific to agreeing to helping a random stranger with whatever dungeon they need.

If someone doesn't care about the rewards, they can queue for all the dungeons they want to play and let GF place them wherever they are needed.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 31, 2022 7:07PM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »

I don't want rewards. All I want is to queue for some quick dungeons just for the experience.

If you dont care about the rewards, you can exclude the DLC dungeons. That option is already there.
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

It does in fact mention it. It says access to all DLC game packs. DLC dungeons are release as a DLC game pack.

If it’s not about the rewards for the random daily dungeon, then nothing stops you from specific queue. A vocal minority demanding only the 5 minute dungeons be available for random dungeons would be more damaging to the overall health of ESO than having the pool include DLC dungeons.

[edited for rude/insulting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 31, 2022 7:26PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does in fact mention it. It says access to all DLC game packs. DLC dungeons are release as a DLC game pack.

You don't have to be ESO+ to purchase DLC game packs. So if a player has purchased DLC game packs they have access to queue for those DLC dungeons whether they are subbed or not. Dropping ESO+ doesn't remove any DLC game packs that have already been purchased so those dungeons would still be available in the queue.
    Edited by SilverBride on January 31, 2022 7:39PM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't have to be ESO+ to purchase DLC game packs. So if a player has purchased DLC game packs they have access to queue for those DLC dungeons whether they are subbed or not. Dropping ESO+ doesn't remove any DLC game packs that have already been purchased so those dungeons would still be available in the queue.

Correct. And you'd still be placed in the queue for them when you did RND, assumimg it was not on a character too low level to qualify.
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry but no. Its random. You get what you get. The best solution would be a tick box where you tick dungeons you absolutely do NOT want to do.

Also, putting different queues in for different dungeons creates issues where players cant complete content because they are divided even further. The current system is fine. People just need to learn patience. I understand you want quick exp, but your solution is legit just knee capping half the other playerbase because you want things easier for you, and that isnt fair. A tickbox system would work better for all parties. I can still queue for absolutely everything, and you can opt out of dungeons you hate. Win/Win.

I honestly dont believe people that dont want to do the definition of random deserve the random exp. You're helping someone out, most of the time someone has -queued- for that specific dungeon and sometimes will wait HOURS for that queue to pop. Idk. It just seems selfish to me. If you dont want to work with others, or help people, then just ask in guild and be auto put in a low level dungeon. There are ways around it.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "I don't like this thing so it should be removed from the game entirely and ZOS should stop making them because I don't like it!"

If you want to do random base game dungeons for rewards, run your low level toons. Don't demand the game be completely revamped and content removed or not made because you personally don't like it. As others have said, the queue is random. That means it's random from every dungeon option once you're over certain levels.

If you don't want to play that either don't use the random dungeon finder, or use a low level to game it to what you want.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Is it still fashionable to portray russians as villains? I'm sorry but I'm offended. I would be grateful if you could do without switching to any nations.
    Edited by This_0ne on January 31, 2022 9:42PM
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    What the title says. Ideally remove it from the game and stop developing them. But at the very least don’t have me queue for a normal dungeon and get cradle of shadows where the healer immediately quits and leaves me[snip]

I love the craft bag but having dlc dungeons in my random queue when I want to just get my endeavour done and get some exp for my necro is a punishment I’m not sure is worth it. 90% of these dungeons you keep adding drop trash sets nobody uses and stories the go-go-go multiplayer part of the game has no interest in letting me experience. They’re pointless wastes of dev time that would be better served producing a second small zone dlc.

[Snip]

I won't even comment on the rest.
    xenophobia - /zɛnəˈfəʊbɪə/ - noun

dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.

[Snipped comments Bashing/Insulting]
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 31, 2022 10:48PM
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never had any problem in any normal dungeon dlc or otherwise, even when people leave or something goes awry I can pretty much solo, and I have been doing this since baby CP so I'm very atonished that people have so little game sense that they think normals dlcs are hard... They take 5 more minutes than a base game, hell some are even shorter, falkreath hold only has 3 bosses, takes 10 minutes to clear.

[Snip]

{Snipped for Baiting/Insulting}
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 31, 2022 10:33PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much of the time all DLC dungeons in randoms ensures is half the group quitting because it's faster to do

random
    oh its a DLC, quit group
    walk into a pledge
    random
    oh its a DLC, quit group
    walk into a pledge
    random
    oh its an ok one - finish it.

Or people either queue as a 4 or with one non ESO+ member in order to avoid the DLC dungeons, which also doesn't help anyone else.

My alt account doesn't have ESO+ solely because of this silly policy.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I like having access to the DLC dungeons through ESO +
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Eso plus give you acces to the dlc wich in turn give you access to the dungeon in the group finder
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I would also like to not have DLC dungeons in random, I can see why they are there. If I was trying to farm a DLC dungeon and could never get group finder to fire, I would hate this feature.
    PC - NA
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    My solution was to cancel ESO+, give up on crafting and direct my attention back to WoW for group play because the dungeons/raids/PvP are way more polished over there anyway. ESO = casual Sunday - Thursday, WoW = M+ and Arena Friday -Saturday.

Its great because I get the best of both worlds and it costs about the same. Variety is the spice of life.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anifaas wrote: »
    My solution was to cancel ESO+, give up on crafting and direct my attention back to WoW for group play because the dungeons/raids/PvP are way more polished over there anyway. ESO = casual Sunday - Thursday, WoW = M+ and Arena Friday -Saturday.

Its great because I get the best of both worlds and it costs about the same. Variety is the spice of life.

so if u dont play pve what do u play in eso ? pvp? the story?- if its the story u dont get the best of both worlds cause eso doesnt rly have enjoable quests unlike skyrim
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What the title says. Ideally remove it from the game and stop developing them. But at the very least don’t have me queue for a normal dungeon and get cradle of shadows where the healer immediately quits and leaves me [snip]

[Snip for Insulting/Baiting]

First of all, I LOVE the dungeons. And lots of people like them! In my opinion you've crossed over into "extremely unreasonable" territory if you are truly suggesting more aren't made. You've completely lost any sympathy from me with that narrow view.

Second, there are five endeavors on the list for a reason. If you don't enjoy the random dungeon experience, do one of the other ones. It's what I do if there are PvP ones I don't have time for. Same goes for "if you want XP." Do something else that gives XP... almost everything does.

Folks should join the dungeon queue if they WANT to run a random dungeon. The rewards should be an extra little bonus. Don't go for the rewards and complain about the content, expecting it to bend to you. That mind set will serve you well in a lot of scenarios. Do what you like, avoid what you don't find fun, and don't over value rewards for experiences you dislike. Life is short, it's not worth it.

I agree the queue can be a frustrating experience at times. But to suggest ZOS stop making dungeons to fix it? Not cool.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can handle them. The people I'm put with can't.

If you cannot carry a team through nCoS, even on a level 49 with no CP from other characters, then I would have to kindly disagree with you. It is a random dungeon for a reason. When I queue for a random, I don't want group finder weighing my odds of a random dungeon being a non-DLC dungeon because majority of those in the queue at the time may have the DLC option turned off or prolonging my queue depending on how this would be implemented. If ZOS was to entertain this idea, I would hope they would fully split the non-DLC/DLC dungeons into separate queues, and increase rewards for the DLC dungeons or lower the rewards for the non-DLC dungeons to at least entice people to get into the random DLC queue.
    Edited by Diminish on February 1, 2022 8:24PM
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can handle them. The people I'm put with can't.
    Queue with friends/guild mates, it solves your PUG problem.

yup, I group with guildies and we just 3 DPS all the normal dungeons - DLC and base game (sometimes we only 2 or 3 man them) makes farming runs fun. We also joke on Discord about when we're actually going to get to a boss fight.

They do need to update the rewards though. 10 transmute gems for a random dungeon, normal OR vet doesn't make sense. Why would I queue for a random vet when I can get the same reward for a normal?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, Cradle of Shadows takes between 11 and 21 minutes. That's not very long. That's within the average of normal dungeons.

Liar of Maarselok is one of the longer ones. But even that is fine. It's a fun dungeon.

That said, when the new chapter drops, you'll be able to get transmute crystals by playing the card game.
    Gythral wrote: »
    Remove Pledges & most of the issues, except long queue times, go away!

I hardly ever get a pledge dungeon when queueing for a random.
    The Moot Councillor