The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please remove Dungeon DLC from ESO+

• Annelid01
    Annelid01
    ✭✭
    Irfind wrote: »
    Well i dont have a problem with the DLC dungeons, i duo most with my husband (sadly in the new ones you need more then 2 for special bosses). We read no guids, we figur it out, thats the funn for us.

DLCs in normal ar not a problem, DLC vets ... oh boy no thanks, but i dont need it for the daily :D

So no thanks, i like my DLC dungeons with ESO+

My first glimpse at your post made me wonder how many husbands you had. :)

• p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »
    the fact is DLC dungeon are harder, even in normal mode.

People quit because of that.

Players who demand to be kicked because game place them in normal Falkreath or BDV or easy DLC dungeons like these, deserve a 24h ban to join any dungeon queue account wide.

Is a 2 man dungeon for haven sake. They can contribute their bit and finish it.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. People quit because they queue with the expectation of spending 5 minutes in Fungal Grotto I or any similar dungeon.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    IMO, all we really need is a non DLC dungeon finder, it should have the same rewards at random group finder because by ZoS logic random normal and random vet are worth the same thing.

The obvious outcome of it will be that nobody does the DLC dungeon group finder but maybe then people will actually be a little more social and a little less toxic, having to find people to play with them instead of some group finder that caters to the Speedrunning elite.

I also think a better fix is to patch out all the skips, or to an extreme set up walls to block you from progressing until you have killed the mobs.

Mobs that never get killed is the literal definition of pointless.

Edit - You should not play any form of group content if you do not have time to spare. Don't expect a dungeon to finish in X amount of time unless your doing it with a premade or solo.
    Edited by BronzeCaiman on February 7, 2022 12:27PM
  • PullaStormy
    PullaStormy
    ✭✭✭
    The reason I quit when I see a DLC pop up is because they take way too long with PUGs. With people I know, I don't mind doing them, as we all know the mechanics and won't get stuck unlike after one or more speedrunner PUGs decide to ignore said mechanics and wipe time and time again. My favorites are when a fake tank and/or healer pop up in DLC and we wipe because of that. :D (Surprise, mechanics require the real roles.)

So, the problems are with people not knowing what they do in a DLC, as they don't work like base game dungeons which most can be done with 4 DDs. I simply don't have enough spoons to try and teach a bunch of randos how Lair of Maarselok works...

A solution would be a simple choice of "queue to base game only" or "queue to DLC only" or "queue to base game and DLC". Then everyone gets what they want, and this endless discussion would finally stop.
    PC-EU - Roleplayer, Quester, Crafter, Furnisher - Fashion Scrolls - 1400+ CP
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if that many people are really against filling others groups it's better remove rdf altogether and just assign rewards accordingly, like one crystal for normal, three-five for vet and ten-fifteen for vet dlc HM. Some experience can be granted for any first dungeon clear so can run your fg1 with no problem. Vets are rewarded, no one complaints that they're locked from anything or forced into.
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not always what you think it is.

I've had to quit dungeons shortly after queuing in for a number of things. These include but are not limited to things like, kids, pet issues, important phone calls, dirigible explosions....

I'm usually a tank or healer so I do feel bad, but sorry, this is just a game.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    A solution would be a simple choice of "queue to base game only" or "queue to DLC only" or "queue to base game and DLC". Then everyone gets what they want, and this endless discussion would finally stop.

Sounds good but what if it turns out that the majority of people is going only for base game? Then everybody who would like to do DLC dungeons too is in the queue forever. Except the daily one from Urgarlag, this one will probably be chosen by more people.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, what's next? But what about CoA2, BH, VoM? Remove them too, because they are much longer than FG1? They are even longer than many dlc`s. Maybe just make a "random FG1" button? If you can't solo any normal content, why do you even need experience and crystals?
    PC/EU
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, no, no one is being "punished" for having access to dungeons they don't want to do. Whenever you have a package bundle there's always the risk you night not exactly need or want everything it offers. That doesn't make it a punishment.

As I said before, if having DLC dungeons in one's pool of dungeons is such a detriment compared to the other perks you get, then cancel your subscription. And I'm not saying that in a snarky haughty manner, but sincerely. If something you're paying money for makes you that unhappy then you need to weigh whether the other bonuses are worth it or not.

But coming here claiming it's not fair that non-subscribers don't have to worry about DLC dungeons or that it's somehow a punishment while completely ignoring literally the rest of the perks isn't really helping anything. It literally reads like people aren't happy they can't just get FG or other really short dungeons compared to longer DLC ones. And in fact that much had been stated with comments like "people don't want a longer road to their rewards". Well...if you want the rewards you need to accept that a dungeon might take you 10 minutes or it might take you 20.

I understand that a lot of people have limited time to play any given day or week or whatever, but this mindset of "rush through things in five seconds" mindset is what's hurting the dungeon queue, NOT DLC dungeons being in the pool for ESO+ members. People are too impatient to do the content so they drop and requeue over and over until they get something short. But in that time they've spent dropping group over and over (especially on the same character, where they'll need to eat the 15 minute timer), if they'd just stayed with the group they originally got, they'd have already finished the thing.

I do also know that there are people who feel they aren't ready for DLC dungeons or maybe know they aren't, and that can be a reason for dropping group for these dungeons. But as someone who used to think I couldn't do them because the forums preach how hard they are, at least giving it a shot might reveal you are capable, or maybe your groupmates are capable enough to help get you through. People would be surprised at what can be accomplished if they try rather than dropping group the second they load into a DLC dungeon.

And as for the people who just don't like them...well, that's 100% your right, and you do have the option of dropping group and requeuing. You also have the option of grouping with friends or guildmates or even a pug from /zone for a sub45 player so you're barred from the DLC dungeon queue. You have the ability to take a second and only check the dungeons you like or are willing to do; there are other ways of getting Transmutes and experience in that case. But don't come here acting as though your dislike trumps the fact that there are also people who don't care one way or the other or who like how things are.
    Edited by Arunei on February 7, 2022 1:53PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    Alternatively, but along the same lines: find a friend or ask in any one of up to five guilds you can join if there are any low level characters who would like to do a random

Indeed, I can type 'Low level RND' in guild chat and get a group most evenings, even if it's just one sub-45 and the rest higher level alts.

The main reason for randoms is for the rewards yes? The rest of the time we group up for specific pledges or farming or whatever.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternative option: Make the RANDOM queue able to drop non-subscribers into ANY dungeon - even if it's one they don't have access to, to actually queue for it deliberately.

That way, subscribers and non-subscribers are on an equal footing with regards to getting the RND rewards, while subscribers have the same privileges as actual crown purchasers of the DLC - the right to make the active deliberate choice for that dungeon, to farm gear and outfits from it.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    There are two things to consider:

1. The daily random is there to fill groups for people queuing for specific dungeons. It isn't really a random dungeon unless you end up in a group of 4 people who queued for a random dungeon.
    2. ESO+ players should not be penalized for supporting the game with their sub. If there are rewards for random dungeons, it should not take more effort for people with subs to get those rewards than for free players (who payed $6 to get the game on sale).

We need a balance between those. Especially with the problem of the ever increasing number of long DLC dungeons. It will get to the point where a preformed group of 4 players with ESO plus will have a significantly higher chance of ending up in a DLC dungeon than a base game, but a preformed group of 4 players is likely to end up in a much quicker dungeon (and guaranteed to be base game).

Right now, the solution is to make sure you queue with someone who doesn't have ESO+. I would even consider queuing with a DPS from an alt account and then having that DPS drop, but no one on my alt accounts is past level 6 and I'm not interested in leveling them.

My solution is to add all dungeon DLCs to the base game once they are over 3 years old. And not as something you have to add yourself from the Crown Store for free, like IC. Just add them for everyone. Problem solved.

And people really really really need to realize that most of the non-DLC dungeons are as long as most of the DLC dungeons and Fungal Grotto I and Elden Hollow I are the outliers on the short end and Liar of Maarselok and Unhallowed Grave are the outliers on the long end.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, dungeons like Direfrost, Vaults of Madness, and Banished Cells are base game, but they're loooooong. Meanwhile Falkreath Hall, a DLC dungeon, is fairly short.
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In one word, NO.

In many words there are very many reasons one of which is that many players are queued up and need your participation in this random enterprise. queuing for specific dungeons of ones personal choice could help.
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, you are asking to get less for the allready expensive subscription. You must be crazy to do that.

In Belgium we have a saying; een gegeven paard kijk je niet in de bek.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "What they want is to not have longer road for their dailies than people who don't pay to support the game."

I've had ESO + from the day it became a thing and what I want is to be able to fill a group when my guild mates are not online and I want to run a specific dungeon. If the daily random doesn't help with that there is no reason to have the daily random.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an easy work around in game now. A few guild mates each have a low level character and they take turns with who will be on the low level character to get a low level dungeon.

If you want a quick random daily without waiting in queue for a long while start a low level character then post in zone chat low level looking for group to do random. Instant group most the time and you get an easy dungeon.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pug randoms every day on multiple toons, and I get DLCs every day. It's about a month between any runs that has problems. The posters who complain about DLC dungeons seem to have that happen a lot. I would start looking at what is the common denominator in your runs and address that.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Players who demand to be kicked because game place them in normal Falkreath or BDV or easy DLC dungeons like these, deserve a 24h ban to join any dungeon queue account wide.

Is a 2 man dungeon for haven sake. They can contribute their bit and finish it.

Lol Falkreath is actually a really short dungeon. It feels longer when the dps is trash because the minotaur adds are kinda tanky, but the physical layout is kinda small. Once you get past the skeleton boss, you're practically at the last boss anyway since the draugr boss is nothing.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    There is an easy work around in game now. A few guild mates each have a low level character and they take turns with who will be on the low level character to get a low level dungeon.

If you want a quick random daily without waiting in queue for a long while start a low level character then post in zone chat low level looking for group to do random. Instant group most the time and you get an easy dungeon.

Very good point, that's how I do it usually. The only problem is that the low level char does not stay low level very long with daily randoms :D
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    For me it would be much better if they remove "light attacking".

But i think that chanse that they do thing you wish is much more possible :)
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    woufff wrote: »
    The only problem is that the low level char does not stay low level very long with daily randoms :D

You don't actually have to level up. I've had some low level toons stay on 23 or 24 for quite a while now.
    PC - NA
  • Mephilis78
    Mephilis78
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been interested in dungeons in a couple years, but isn't there a way to queue for a specific dungeon? Aside from just going to the entrance and hoping others will show up and group with you?
    "'You have suffered for me to win this throne, and I see how you hate jungle. Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you.'" The Many Headed Talos - Michael Kirkbride
  • Mephilis78
    Mephilis78
    ✭✭✭
    There are separate queues for normal and veteran so why not extend that to normal base, normal dlc, vet base, vet dlc?

I know a lot of people will say the dlc dungeons aren't any more difficult etc., but there is a noticeable difference in difficulty and how long it takes to complete them.

This is the biggest reason I don't queue for dungeons.

^^
    This is how a normal MMO works, btw
    "'You have suffered for me to win this throne, and I see how you hate jungle. Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you.'" The Many Headed Talos - Michael Kirkbride
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephilis78 wrote: »
    I haven't been interested in dungeons in a couple years, but isn't there a way to queue for a specific dungeon? Aside from just going to the entrance and hoping others will show up and group with you?

Yes.

You can choose to queue for as many particular dungeons as you want in either normal and vet, picking whichever dungeon suits your taste.

Or

Instead of picking what you want, you can tell the group finder to put you any place you are needed (and are qualified to do) for a small bonus reward.

To qualify for a dungeon you must:

1) Own that dungeon
    2) be high enough level
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 9, 2022 3:52AM
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add role buffs and debuffs and the problem is fixed. That should stop fake tanks and healers.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Add role buffs and debuffs and the problem is fixed. That should stop fake tanks and healers.
    That has nothing to do with the topic; did you mean to reply to a different thread? The issue here isn't fake roles, it's the fact that people don't want DLC dungeons in the random dungeon pool because many only want to do fast easy dungeons. Note I said many and not most or all, since there are people who might have more legitimate reasons for wanting to avoid DLC dungeons. But there are others who want to do as little work for the rewards as possible and seem to think being unable to do so is punishment for subscribing.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't get the argument. I really don't. People are not being punished for doing content they have access to.

I like DLC dungeons, whilst none are as quick as FG1 some of them are quick. Black Drake Villa for instance is not a long run, it's quick, it's simple and can be done in 15 to 20 minutes. Many of the other DLC's don't take a huge amount longer either. Yes some do but then some of the base game dungeons are not quick either.

It's horses for courses and I for one would not like to see any content I have subbed for being denied me because people don't like DLC dungeons.

Yes I know if I'm queuing with a low level or someone who isn't subbed that my selection of random dungeons will be limited, but if I'm in a premade group with my friends we want to do a random and have it be from any of those in the game.

The simple answer is if you don't want DLC dungeons but want the 100k xp, etc then unsub and learn the game of inventory management.

It feels like a bunch of children at times - I'm just waiting for someone to say that's my ball and I'm going home so you lot can't play anymore
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After all this time I wonder why this is still an issue and why there still isn't a checkbox "include DLC dungeons" for the random queue. Of course subscribers are punished for subscribing, saying anything else is just arguing pointless semantics. The investment of time is harsh, not to mention the difficulty and all those "amusing" mechanics. :(

I used to do random dungeons when I was leveling the Undaunted skill line on my main character and ending up in a DLC dungeon virtually every time was incredibly annoying. One day I ended up in Lair of Maarselok which took us almost an hour. One dungeon. That was in summer / autumn of 2019 and I never ever queued for a random dundeon again.

In fact, this made me stop doing dungeons almost completely until I started doing some easy ones solo.