The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please remove Dungeon DLC from ESO+

Vrienda
Vrienda
✭✭✭✭✭
What the title says. Ideally remove it from the game and stop developing them. But at the very least don’t have me queue for a normal dungeon and get cradle of shadows where the healer immediately quits and leaves me [snip]

I love the craft bag but having dlc dungeons in my random queue when I want to just get my endeavour done and get some exp for my necro is a punishment I’m not sure is worth it. 90% of these dungeons you keep adding drop trash sets nobody uses and stories the go-go-go multiplayer part of the game has no interest in letting me experience. They’re pointless wastes of dev time that would be better served producing a second small zone dlc.

*Deep Breath* Just please let me untick DLC in ESO+ I don’t want access to.

[Snip for Insulting/Baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 31, 2022 10:43PM
Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you have a flame-proof suit.

I love the Craft Bag as well. That's all I'm going to say. ;)
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    What the title says. Ideally remove it from the game and stop developing them. But at the very least don’t have me queue for a normal dungeon and get cradle of shadows where the healer immediately quits and leaves me [snip]

I love the craft bag but having dlc dungeons in my random queue when I want to just get my endeavour done and get some exp for my necro is a punishment I’m not sure is worth it. 90% of these dungeons you keep adding drop trash sets nobody uses and stories the go-go-go multiplayer part of the game has no interest in letting me experience. They’re pointless wastes of dev time that would be better served producing a second small zone dlc.

[snip]
    Any normal dungeon, whether it's a dlc or not, takes about 15 minutes to complete if you're a good enough player. If you do not strive for this, then why do you need experience and crystals?

[Removed response to removed comment]
    Edited by Psiion on February 3, 2022 4:40AM
    PC/EU
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SO many threads on this. I would be worried ZOS may break the activity finder again if they added any type of "unticking" from DLC content.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually quite a broken system when the dungeons vary so much in difficulty. Just accept the rules of the game that this is a real RANDOM dungeon and not a handy farming tool for you.
    PC/EU
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I wondered when we were going to have another thread on this. I was betting it would be tuesday this week but no, we got it in on monday :) Yey.

Seriously, just cancel ESO+ use the money you save to buy the chapters (its like 2 months eso+ on sale) and (assuming you're on pc) install a loot manager add on like bandit's. 95% of the stuff you pick up in game is crap you'll never use.

And never look back. Or, look back laughing. Maniacally. Because, now dungeon finder can only assign you to base game dungeons, it has to find someone else to fill out groups for people who want to run a DLC. So, yes, those poor saps that, you know, support the game are going to find themselves doing even more DLCs when they RND.
    Edited by Larcomar on January 31, 2022 2:23PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted Content Removed]

Yeah, wondering that myself. 🙄

I get that there is a desire to do a quick and easy dungeon with the dungeon finder in order to farm transmute thingies, or do endeavors. I do it myself, although limited to only the first dungeon of the day.

As I am ESO Plus, if I want to just do base game dungeons, all I have to do is create an alt character, level them up to 10, and then join the queue as a DPS. At Level 50, delete, rinse, repeat. If I don't use XP scrolls, the alt will last a long time before they get too old and I return them to the dirt they came from.

They don't need anything special. They have my CP and that is usually enough. They can wear whatever they pick up, and no one expects them to be uber end game characters. The lack of skills on the skill bar, or worse the _wrong_ skills on the skill bar (gasp), does not matter. Not that much of anything matters in Fungal Grotto I.

Edited by Psiion on February 3, 2022 4:41AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]
    Any normal dungeon, whether it's a dlc or not, takes about 15 minutes to complete if you're a good enough player. If you do not strive for this, then why do you need experience and crystals?

I dunno man, that’s just who I got put with.

And sadly dungeons are a team effort. So as much as I’d love to just carry the team on my level 49 necro in level 34 gear. I can only do so much when there’s no healer and the other two don’t know what they’re doing and are unable to understand me.
    Edited by Psiion on February 3, 2022 4:42AM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

And sadly dungeons are a team effort. So as much as I’d love to just carry the team on my level 49 necro in level 34 gear. I can only do so much when there’s no healer and the other two don’t know what they’re doing and are unable to understand me.

Understand that this is a RANDOM dungeon. Random dungeon random. It doesn't say anywhere that it should just be a handy tool for farming experience and crystals.
    Edited by Psiion on February 3, 2022 4:44AM
    PC/EU
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can’t handle normal dungeons why queue for random? Pick the ones you can do and avoid the ones you can’t. The only downside is that you won’t getting rewards for random but then you are not entitled for them anyway because you don’t want random dungeons just the easy ones. As non eso+ you can still get ICP and CoA2 and those are longer than most DLC dungeons.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Understand that this is a RANDOM dungeon. Random dungeon random. It doesn't say anywhere that it should just be a handy tool for farming experience and crystals.

There's literally a bonus for exp and crystals and honestly I don't care about the crystals, I just wanted to hit level 50 and get some progress for the endevour. But because I made the mistake of being subbed to ESO+ I got stuck in a dungeon that apparently is too hard for the players I got stuck with instead of say... Banished Cells I.
    Edited by Psiion on February 3, 2022 4:45AM
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »
    If you can’t handle normal dungeons why queue for random? Pick the ones you can do and avoid the ones you can’t. The only downside is that you won’t getting rewards for random but then you are not entitled for them anyway because you don’t want random dungeons just the easy ones. As non eso+ you can still get ICP and CoA2 and those are longer than most DLC dungeons.

I can handle them. The people I'm put with can't.
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. Keep all dungeons as part of a random normal. If they were removed from random normal, then cut the reward significantly. I've done a ton of these it's exceptionally rare a normal DLC falls apart. Plus, they are a lot more fun than the vanilla blindfold point and click. Some players want all the reward for zero effort and that ruins a game.

Also, make the rewards for random vet better than random normal.
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How i love when somebody says to remove the content i love the most from the game because they dont like it.... Can we remove overland? Its boring for me so i dont like it. /s

At the start if there is no Dlc dungeons in the queue = less or 0 transmute stones as a reward and less xp. The only reason we have those rewards is the fact that u can get Dlc dungeon. Yes u can exploit the system but that's diffrent story.

Rewards for random dungeons are for helping other ppl get dungeon they want done.

If u dont like ppl from dungeon finder then create your own group. Just because ppl queue for content they arent ready doesnt mean its the content fault.

Edit.
    I forgot to add. Worse rewards for random dungeons = less good players in queue.
    Edited by Arthtur on January 31, 2022 2:47PM
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

It almost says that right on the tin when you get in line. :smile:
    Edited by Psiion on February 3, 2022 4:46AM
  • Iron_Warrior
    Iron_Warrior
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree only if there will be different rewards for different queues.

Random base: 5 crystals

Random dlc: 10 crystals

Random base vet: 15 crystals

Random dlc vet: 20 crystals

It's already ridiculous that both random normal and vet give the same amount of crystals.
    Edited by Iron_Warrior on January 31, 2022 3:07PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree only if there will be different rewards for different queues.

Random base: 5 crystals

Random dlc: 10 crystals

Random base vet: 15 crystals

Random dlc vet: 20 crystals

It's already ridiculous that both random normal and vet give the same amount of crystals.

I would not nerf existing rewards... Random base should remain 10 and it should scale up from there.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, might not be ideal solution but in the meantime you could either try finding <lvl45 guildies to queue with, or make a level 10 alt to queue with a friend, who also has a level 10 alt, that can queue with you afterwards, so you get an easy dungeon both times, and you both get your randoms done quickly. Other than that, if you are solo queueing and worried about getting a dlc, then queueing with a self-sufficient dps is always a good idea, because no matter who you have in the group, or if people leave, you'll still be fine in there. But yeah, when you want to just get your daily random done and you get lair of maarselok, it's kinda frustrating :sweat_smile:
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I demand the opposite!

Once you have ESO+, you only get queued for DLC dungeons in randoms!

Away with those boring base game dungeons!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I demand the opposite!

Once you have ESO+, you only get queued for DLC dungeons in randoms!

Away with those boring base game dungeons!

Boring!? Fungal Grotto I... there isn't enough time to be bored! By the time you can finish your first yawn, the others in the party are already leaving to queue up for the next Fungal Grotto I. :smile:
  • Phil1001-Up
    Phil1001-Up
    ✭✭
    I too get annoyed with instant-quitters for RN dungeons, especially when DD queue is so long, but so far I've had success with just carrying on with three in the group.

Is this people quitting because they've queued fake tank/healer and know the mechanics will catch them out? Or not knowing the mechs at all?

I want to get normal Unhallowed Grave done today so I've played each DLC dungeon once (and get PSN trophies) but I'm really dreading the long queue with the likelihood of a nigh number of quitters after researching the mechanics. They aren't hard, especially on normal, but it feels like very few are willing to take 5 mins to look up the details.

Thought I'd wait for the daily pledge to come around for each DLC dungeon so I'm more like to queue with other people wanting that particular dungeon, but that must also bring those who want a very quick RN dungeon with little thinking needed.

Really not sure what the solution to this is, remove the incentive from daily dungeon? That seems to be the trigger for these issues in the first place.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remove Pledges & most of the issues, except long queue times, go away!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don’t remove dlc dungeons from the random queue. I prefer having them pop over the frantic rush through fungal grotto I for the millionth time.
  • Jord_Joe
    Jord_Joe
    Just call that friend who doesn't have ESO+ to the group, this prevents you from entering DLC ​​dungeons, because your friend doesn't have such dungeons.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can handle them. The people I'm put with can't.
    Queue with friends/guild mates, it solves your PUG problem.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think s better compromise would be to have two queues, one random over level 50, one random under level 50. That way if you get a dlc dungeon, you'll at least be with people your same caliber and if they quit it's because they're a weenie not because they're woefully undergeared and unprepared
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Broken23
    Broken23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell no. What they could do is improve the rewards for completing vet dungeons.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    if u do that it will be impossible to find groups for certain dungoens - the random queues purpose is only to fill up specfic queues
    e.g. if one dd queues cradle of shadow cause he needs some thing and 3 other players tick random they get mixed togheter
    and u only get the rewards from random queing cause u fill up those spots - if u remove dlcs from random queue u have to remove or decrease the additional loot /challanges by a LOT
  • rageofodin
    rageofodin
    ✭✭✭

I feel this, the anger, its is the Dark Side, it is unlimited power!

While I try and be supportive of anyone that joins a random daily, I agree that having to slog through DLC dungeons for XP, Transmutes, or Endeavors can be like pulling teeth

Having the option to not join certain dungeons, while understanding this would increase your wait time in the queue, I think would be well worth it
    Edited by Psiion on February 3, 2022 4:46AM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d prefer this, too, but it’ll never happen, especially since they started giving away crystals as random dungeon rewards. Many players want to race thru randoms just for those daily crystals. Without the ESO+ people in the random queue, solo players who actually want the DLC dungeons would have to queue all day just to get a group.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are separate queues for normal and veteran so why not extend that to normal base, normal dlc, vet base, vet dlc?

I know a lot of people will say the dlc dungeons aren't any more difficult etc., but there is a noticeable difference in difficulty and how long it takes to complete them.

This is the biggest reason I don't queue for dungeons.
    PCNA