The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO PvP Update [Updated June 2022]

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also wondering if there is any update to share on this? The last thing we got was a comment from @ZOS_GinaBruno who had said the first part of this project would release with necrom.

There was no mention of this in the chapter's patch notes, and we haven't seen any further communication on this.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »
    Bump,
    Is there an update on this? Thank you in advance
    Ah ty for bringing this up again.
    I was searching for that "so expect this to take up much of 2022" multiple times, but wasn't able to find this thread again. (now I will bookmark it)

So now we are at: "take up much of 2023" but without any new infos if it will extend to: "take up much of 2024" :(
    Edited by Zabagad on July 5, 2023 4:54PM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Options
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for bearing with us, and we will give you periodic updates about the re-architecture progress over the course of the year.

Where are our periodic updates?

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror
    Edited by SimonThesis on July 5, 2023 6:26PM
    Options
  • Alharion
    Alharion
    ✭✭✭
    Is this going to make the game fairer between stam and magic in pvp no CP? Because at the moment, magic is far too easy compared to stam, often stam will be able to throw all his build without being able to do any damage, the stam will be emptied whereas the sorcerer will be able to throw simple stick attacks to already take away a good percentage of life from the stam player.

I hope that stam will get a little more interest from the team and, above all, that the assassin class will get a little more love again, as it's been suffering from unequal and unfair balancing at the moment!
    Options
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Please give us an update on fixing PvP,
    Options
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭
    I mean at this point, I dont ever see ZoS fixing anything related to PvP.

There are bugs older than a year since first reported, well documented on what is causing them, and reported several times. ZoS has not acknowledge nor fixed them, and everyday you experience new bugs in addition.

Detection pots do not update stealthed players Hidden / Visible HUD, so you keep stealthing and they still see you.

Tri-focus bug, still has not received any official acknowledgement nor potential eta fixing it.

Players using Target DDoS scripts, packet manipulation scripts, macros, etc... Its so common now, the game needs actual anti-cheat and much better network protocols. They have a serious issue with API targeting system, that is very prone to being exploited. Ive noticed an increase in players running scripts that overload your client through the targeting system either intentionally or through poorly coded macros, that spam inputs thousands of times per second. I don't thiink they have implemented a rate limit for target indicating. I'll be pvp'ing and the target indicator, pinggingi none stop thousands of times off of some players, around corners and through LoS, and it happens with those players everytime I run into them for weeks now.
    Options
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭
    Alharion wrote: »
    Is this going to make the game fairer between stam and magic in pvp no CP? Because at the moment, magic is far too easy compared to stam, often stam will be able to throw all his build without being able to do any damage, the stam will be emptied whereas the sorcerer will be able to throw simple stick attacks to already take away a good percentage of life from the stam player.

I hope that stam will get a little more interest from the team and, above all, that the assassin class will get a little more love again, as it's been suffering from unequal and unfair balancing at the moment!

This is a fundamental issue with No Proc, from day 1. No Proc, highlights the complete imbalance around the Classes. Before hybridization, MagSorc, basically dominated No Proc, simply due to the class imbalance. Now hybrid DK, MagSorc, and Magblade are all at a strong base advantage over every other class in No Proc. So much so, that if you are not running one of those, you are just going to get *** on. Necros, are none existent in No Proc, Arcanist is going to be right there with Necros. Wardens see some play in groups, but they are basically none existent.

Most of the good MagSorcs, have left the game, especially in No CP, so you basically just run into DKs and NBs. And if you want to know how cheese DKs can be wait until you run into DKs running packet manipulation scripts. There is at least one formerly banned cheater thats on a fresh account running packet manipulation scripts on a DK in No Proc, that I run into fairly consistently in IC.
    Options
  • Levi_the_Defiler
    would you guys add dueling tournaments in the matchmaking system in the near future?
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Kevin 👋
    Do you have any updates for us regarding the code rework or do you have a time table for us? Thank you in advance!
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a couple days already since this was bumped.
    not even so much as a "answers will be given soon"?
    Edited by laniakea_0 on July 6, 2023 6:30PM
    Options
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been about 8 months since our last periodic update in this thread. Is this project still ongoing?

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by SimonThesis on July 6, 2023 6:39PM
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh right... independence day. didn't think that would disrupt the rest of the week, tho...
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coletas wrote: »
    [snip] Buy a game with epic battles and hundreds of people fighting...

Yeah... Fighting with lag

I mean there are hundreds of people fighting, but they’re fighting against the servers.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 7, 2023 4:16PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    coletas wrote: »
    [snip] Buy a game with epic battles and hundreds of people fighting...

Yeah... Fighting with lag

I mean there are hundreds of people fighting, but they’re fighting against the servers.

Best pvp post ever.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 7, 2023 4:16PM
    Options
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am optimistic that we will hear more.

I am hoping PvP performance is the primary focus leading up to the next patch.

We need to ensure this topic is mentioned often and featured prominently leading up to the next patch announcement and release.
    Options
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabagad wrote: »
    FrankonPC wrote: »
    Bump,
    Is there an update on this? Thank you in advance
    Ah ty for bringing this up again.
    I was searching for that "so expect this to take up much of 2022" multiple times, but wasn't able to find this thread again. (now I will bookmark it)

So now we are at: "take up much of 2023" but without any new infos if it will extend to: "take up much of 2024" :(

No problem! I know they said the updates were going to be in patch notes, but the last patch didn't have an update that I saw and we're closing in on the time they said it would be done.
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Live on the 10th so hopefully we get an update on stream? 😅
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

Most likely not though
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »

Most likely not though

I wouldn't be too sure about that. this thread has gained some traction again but they haven't said anything yet. they may be holding back for a big announcement. also, now that the hardware upgrade is complete on all but 1 severer, implementing code changes is the next logical step. but the most important indicator is that the banner of the news article is clearly referencing the Alliance War PvP:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/64391

we might actually get a large set of changes with Update 39. after all, they did promise that this year, they would focus of QoL changes
    Edited by laniakea_0 on July 7, 2023 4:09PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings, as we've removed a few non-constructive comments, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »

Most likely not though

I wouldn't be too sure about that. this thread has gained some traction again but they haven't said anything yet. they may be holding back for a big announcement. also, now that the hardware upgrade is complete on all but 1 severer, implementing code changes is the next logical step. but the most important indicator is that the banner of the news article is clearly referencing the Alliance War PvP:

we might actually get a large set of changes with Update 39. after all, they did promise that this year, they would focus of QoL changes

I've got a feeling that U39 will offer nothing of significance as far as cyro/performance goes. I hope I'm wrong, but their unwillingness to communicate to me just seems like an indication that they have nothing positive to share. I mean given the nature of the issues that the code rewrite is targeting, don't you think if they'd made significant progress they'd want to update the community that is literally begging for scraps of information regarding it?

The faction colors and forward camp in the banner hardly mean anything - they've used AWA graphics in non-pvp related marketing material numerous times.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭

We need to ensure that the question is at the very least addressed during the presentation in some capacity. Although I am very hopeful that it is already slated to be part of the presentation as a feature of U39.
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    would you guys add dueling tournaments in the matchmaking system in the near future?

IMO the dream is IC being taken back from Coldharbour and restored as a huge city hub, Arena district being reworked into a competitive pvp activity with instanced duels people can watch and stuff. Oh the dream
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

Most likely not though

I've got a feeling that U39 will offer nothing of significance as far as cyro/performance goes. I hope I'm wrong, but their unwillingness to communicate to me just seems like an indication that they have nothing positive to share. I mean given the nature of the issues that the code rewrite is targeting, don't you think if they'd made significant progress they'd want to update the community that is literally begging for scraps of information regarding it?

The faction colors and forward camp in the banner hardly mean anything - they've used AWA graphics in non-pvp related marketing material numerous times.

apparently, U39 includes 31 pages worth of bug fixes. some of these have got to be for cyrodiil...
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most likely not though

apparently, U39 includes 31 pages worth of bug fixes. some of these have got to be for cyrodiil...

Well, they just made another developer post updating us about the hyperthreading project. That post essentially says that they've made no progress, and they no longer have an ETA for completion. Reminder, they also told us there would be "no pvp content" until they finished that project, which was initially projected to be completed by the end of 2022.

As for 31 pages of bugfixes - I'm positive that the vast majority of those will be quest, dungeon, and QOL related rather than combat related.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has always agreed ESO has tons of content so it sounds like they can take a year off to focus on fixing the game instead.
    PvE gets new content every year, they(we) can go suffering 1 year like PvP did.
    This obviously won't happen because money so now let's theorycraft a way we can say this but in a way that's monetizable.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
    Options
  • Combobreaker
    Combobreaker
    Soul Shriven
    pvplease implement small scale ranked competitive play in 2v2/3v3/6v6 arena team format
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that could be reall fun.
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most likely not though

Will believe it when i see it. Stuck in combat has been around since day 1 even though theyve said its been fixed numerous time and theres plenty others like it. So i hold no faith regarding the bug fixes. Bad to say i know but will be 39 pages of pve questing bugs and thats it. I hope im wrong, but i doubt it.
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh, that one is going to be around for a while longer yet, I think... first, they'll have to finish the code rework (which they should be working on with redoubled effort now that hardware upgrade is almost done). if that one doesn't fix it right away, they'll start working on a subsequent update that ought to address it.
    Options