The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New anti gank hack? Its Miat's!

• cinematograph
    cinematograph
    Soul Shriven
    I should say I understand how hard it can be to pull off a good clean gank, and respect 1v1 gankers like that very calm, always-invisible streamer (sometimes used to run doylemish, but I can’t remember his name now), as well as the OP in this thread. A 1v1 gank can be an interesting challenge if you’re into that—and far more so if the person is not afk or reading a map or replying to a salty whisper or something.

What I have far less respect for, are the zerg stealth blades—they remind me of that guy in the bar, lurking in the periphery, looking for an opportunity to crack you over the head with a bottle from behind. But only brave enough to do so once 4 of their friends have already jumped on you.

On a related note, Caluurians might be a bit overturned atm.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have managed to gank just about every player on NA dc/ad and many of them far better and more skilled then this random dude.

[snip]

No never seen you and I don't message enemies unless they message me first. My player name is Ahvadeeh and my account name is Slam48.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 6:44PM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • cinematograph
    cinematograph
    Soul Shriven
    Well, can confirm it’s not Slam. My apologies, thought your forum tag was just gobbledeegook. Perhaps you will know this particular high-level EP ganker from discord or guild ,who whispered me out of nowhere with accusations of cheating with Miat’s, stating they failed to gank me three times. Perhaps the Miats thing is floating around.
  • cinematograph
    cinematograph
    Soul Shriven
    Now that I know you're not the guy, maybe my story can give some perspective on this frustrating player you’re stalking, or maybe could be useful to others. If you saw me around in-game on PCNA, you know I main a NB—wood elf with extra reveal distance, and that CP that adds a little more. I run alone usually and like most pvpers I sometimes enjoy baiting bad NBs, sometimes run silly sets and randomly bunny hop and roll and do buff rotations and slot caltrops and randomly cast stuff alone on a rss. I run 5 or more well-fitted and block-vigor-roll-dodge if the breeze shifts or a shadow crosses the grass, if an NPC guard twitches, or there’s any kind of faint sound.

Lately I run a no-stealth, no shade brawler blade just for lols, but anybody who has logged serious hours on a NB will know the different ways experienced and newbie NBs think, move, juke, gank, run away, and kinda just size things up and trigger their opportunities. It’s easy to spot NBs through nearby heals, detect pots, baiting, slottable reveal abilities, sometimes just seemingly by glitch, and sometimes you can even muster an educated guess by how nearby visible players are moving.

And I did reply to my anonymous ganker’s whispers: “My daddy owns ZOS” was my first instinct, but instead I just said the truth. I play on an old iMac, streaming Stadia with pretty terrible input lag and slow cheap internet and NO access to ANY add-ons whatsoever. Told him ZOS could no doubt confirm all this through investigating my account, since he said he was reporting me. Don’t even have access to that plug-in that does your craft dailies faster, let alone ANY of the ones that I bet would be really useful in pvp.

I think it's kinda rare to run totally add-on blind. Maybe it hones your spidey-sense to some small degree. Cluelessly playing on the EU server my first few months of the game due to friends there (right before Mac client support stopped, back when I had blue weapons with random glyphs) certainly did. I was forced to try to predict stuff, because it had already happened, I just hadn’t seen it yet.

It does help to use decent headphones for sound—you can definitely hear invisible NBs doing stuff.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    GH/NA chat just confirmed this game's PvP is full of cheaters/exploiters dude. So many people in chat were defending two EP who were exploiting into Glade it make me sick. Pretty much a who cares, it's a game type thing.

I am convinced more than ever this population is infested with cheaters and exploiters. Stop trying to convince me this is all skill in this game, not buying it anymore. If you would defend exploiters you are probably exploiting yourself, and cheating too.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, can confirm it’s not Slam. My apologies, thought your forum tag was just gobbledeegook. Perhaps you will know this particular high-level EP ganker from discord or guild ,who whispered me out of nowhere with accusations of cheating with Miat’s, stating they failed to gank me three times. Perhaps the Miats thing is floating around.

If they play on black reach probably. I have been mostly on BR this campaign and only been stopping by GH when its dead. I don't talk to any other gankers or join THE guild, but I see them around. Its shocking to me that some gankers actually get mad salty. YOU are the one who is supposed to collect the salt you fools. Such a laid back ez breezy playstyle they really shouldn't be getting mad, just respawn and try again. I want Zos to fix all these bugs and plug up the exploits, but I will just keep trying to kill them and not let them win. Cheaters never win in the end. I killed that dude a couple times who was "miating"(still not 100% that this is the addon, but there is something going around), so I am done with him now.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to throw my two cents in as this discussion seems to be calming and winding down…

I took about a year break from eso during which time I almost exclusively played pubg. I had to buy a better headset to help my pubg experience… and when I returned to eso, jumping right into pvp cuz that’s really all I do, I was a little shocked that I could hear horses and footsteps and grunting and stuff…. Hear them, guess at their relative closeness, and pretty much know the direction.

If this is enabling players to hear nbs in stealth near them…. I don’t think this is a bug or needs fixing at all. It’s very cool is what it is, and another layer of skill that makes this game fun and challenging.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Miat's isn't cheating FYI. It does the same thing as all it's PVE counterparts that tell you to block, dodge, breakfree and also put a huge warning up on your screen about incoming boss attacks targeting you. Removing the associated API's would most likely render addons like Raid Notifier useless, and cause a huge uproar in the PVE trials community.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Miat's isn't cheating FYI. It does the same thing as all it's PVE counterparts that tell you to block, dodge, breakfree and also put a huge warning up on your screen about incoming boss attacks targeting you. Removing the associated API's would most likely render addons like Raid Notifier useless, and cause a huge uproar in the PVE trials community.

And? Shouldn't part of learning to be good at the game be learning to tell visual and audio queues from the game's mechanics without the help of a third party add-on? Why should something directly tell you to block on your screen when you weren't paying attention to the bosses indicators for the attack?
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

And? Shouldn't part of learning to be good at the game be learning to tell visual and audio queues from the game's mechanics without the help of a third party add-on? Why should something directly tell you to block on your screen when you weren't paying attention to the bosses indicators for the attack?

I will not argue the plusses or minuses of it... I simply stated it is part of the API's that ZOS choose to make available for use. There also used to be a much more in-depth API that warned about a lot more things that Miat's used to access as well... which ZOS did end up removing from the available API's quite a long time ago... because it was offering way too much info.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is monsters and trial bosses don't care if you use third party addons to give yourself an edge, players do. Personally I wouldn't let the pve counterparts exist either since there is a leaderboard. The best should be the best on their own and not crutch on cheats. If you used addons like miat's in any other competitive game you would get perma banned. Its should always be strictly player vs player and not player + machine vs player.

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The thing is monsters and trial bosses don't care if you use third party addons to give yourself an edge, players do. Personally I wouldn't let the pve counterparts exist either since there is a leaderboard. The best should be the best on their own and not crutch on cheats. If you used addons like miat's in any other competitive game you would get perma banned. Its should always be strictly player vs player and not player + machine vs player.

By which logic they should probably remove the multitude of tells the game feeds everyone... which I would actually love to experience. Remove all those big red/green circles from the ground, don't let me see all those little tells on players showing if they are immune or whatnot, don't let that stealther know he has been revealed... all of it. I think that would be quite fun, keep everyone on their toes and make situational awareness actually mean something more than look out for that huge red circle!

It would also lead to things like spotter roles for when you are sieging, the spotter calls out siege aiming at the group, watches the oil pots tipping, etc... Could be a lot of fun.

Meanwhile, I don't consider Cyrodiil or IC to be "competitive" gameplay, although I am sure many do.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Miat's description which btw was apparently last updated 8/24/21 so it likely still functions.

You forgot to quote this highlighted sentence on the addon description page:

"As far as i know from a very limited testing the notifications features don't work, due to changes on ZOS end." So most of the key features you quoted are old news and have not been working for years. Download the addon and try it yourself. The addon is mainly used to have a better visual of player names and KoS/Friends list as far as I know (similar to Squishy Finder and Kill Counter).

I've heard rumors about some manual modifications to the addon code to activate those notification features again, but I've never seen any proof of that.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PVP my favorite race to deal with NB is wood elf. They can see you and you won't know it.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel has also noticed a certain kind of player who's awfully prescient in dodging, or blocking gap closers, channeled attacks, and others. Often while hiding on whatever side is pvdooring en masse on that server.

Usually on a mag sorcerer build too. The traditional choice for 'creatively skilled pros' since a certain someone blinxied onto the scene near launch.

Anyone who gets that reference might also remember the arguments put forth by the people that individual was in a guild with. As well as what it turned out they were almost all doing for quite some time. Especially as some people in this thread are repeating exactly what they said back then.

It's also worth noting that just a few months ago members of a certain group who claimed to be in the 'best guild NA' were caught using several exploits to let themselves launch numerous attacks while desynced, and without breaking stealth. The end result being people simply exploding at random with no ability to respond. At best you'd see a single light attack appearing from thin air AFTER you fell over dead.

So khajiit asks that anyone trying to lie about there being no shenanigans to quietly, politely, learn more about the game's history and the very real facts pertaining to exploitative individuals.

However, Telel also suggests that anyone truly concerned about 'creatively skilled builds' get their hands on some kind of video recording of the incidents. Then post it in places for review. If only to get some input on what may have happened. Share it with friends, and have them send it into ZOS as well.

For example one time when this one was getting annoyed by a 'skilled pro' they started this thread in order to find out how they too could 'git gud'....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512943/what-set-skill-combo-does-this#latest

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    So khajiit asks that anyone trying to lie about there being no shenanigans to quietly, politely, learn more about the game's history and the very real facts pertaining to exploitative individuals.

If by chance you are referring to me for some reason... I never claimed no shenanigans, I simply stated Miat's isn't a hack, just an addon that uses ZOS's API. What the OP experienced could well be someone sploiting for all I know, but most of the folks here in this thread seem happy to blame it on a addon and call that cheating. Which using a addon, isn't. I actually use Miat's, for some of it's other features, but don't recall it ever warning me about some imminent attack incoming, so I am pretty sure that part stopped working when ZOS changed their API some years back.
    Edited by Kwoung on January 9, 2022 7:28AM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The API is essential for ESO players with poor eyesight because some of the 'telegraphs' are so small and poorly visible, so it's not just about "git gud" it's about accessibility. And I think you'll find a lot of the younger people on here will be caring about game accessibility in 20 years time.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be accessible in PvP.

As to desyncs you don't appear to need an exploit to desynch, simply walking within 300 metres of an enemy group works fine.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The API is essential for ESO players with poor eyesight because some of the 'telegraphs' are so small and poorly visible, so it's not just about "git gud" it's about accessibility. And I think you'll find a lot of the younger people on here will be caring about game accessibility in 20 years time.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be accessible in PvP.

As to desyncs you don't appear to need an exploit to desynch, simply walking within 300 metres of an enemy group works fine.

Which is exactly why I mentioned I wouldn't mind all the tells going away. Being one of those much older players, I basically never see anything beyond the huge ground circles, and much like being able to weave perfectly in PVE, feel like I am at a constant disadvantage just because I can't see those freaking tiny tells... or weave in a rotation as well as a 18 year old.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    let say it again and loud :smile:

as long as you are able to track through API this “ Alerts for incoming hostile abilities with a timer that can play sounds, show the source enemy name and color the icon border by the type of CC (if any).”, you will always have people that can react on sound ( very skilled players ) but you will also have the opportunity to have a third party software (addon, “cheat”, etc..) that will take an action like roll-dodge, block and so on…

The only thing you can do with it is learn to accept or leave the game… The first choice is the harder one 👍
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, this level of detail is provided only in PVE content, not PVP, by the addons. Please show recent videos of players using those addons for alerts in PVP against other players.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on January 10, 2022 2:51PM
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xPoisin wrote: »

What is this addon, is this the real legit hax?

So is being able to hear people who are invisible a glitch or not? Thing is its not every single sound your character makes and its inconsistent. Did that testing with that other nb and he couldn't hear me every time and I couldn't hear him at all(I wear headphones). I know sometimes I can hear someone trying to incap me from stealth and other times its completely silent. You would think if it was intentional then it would be all sounds and it would consistently be audible every time. The way it is now feels like a bug. Either its bugged so you can't consistently hear everything or its bugged being able to hear stealthed people in the first place.

If intentional they should put the muffle spell in the game somewhere or as a potion effect. Would probably need another effect besides making you completely quiet to be worth slotting, but its got potential. Reduce detection radius by 3m as a morph and being able to see detection radius's of players and npcs as another(boom completely fair detect potion counter). Maybe not though, depriving someone of sounds cues could end a fight real fast.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on January 10, 2022 3:07PM

• xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Again, this level of detail is provided only in PVE content, not PVP, by the addons. Please show recent videos of players using those addons for alerts in PVP against other players.

if you reffer to esoui api and eso api you can read there that it is possible to get this type of information from the system client/server.
    You can get info about action being taken against your character based on “music change” or “play sound” command — and here you go, you have the basic information needed for so called “cheating”.

https://wiki.esoui.com/EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT

Check the API documentation…

So definitelly you are able to use it in PvP and PvE…
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    This absolutely works in pvp and it's the most downloaded pvp addon by 100 miles. I've used this one. People dodge snipe and dive at max range from the other side of the map when they are alone and not dodging anything else. Most pvpers wait in line for anything bug broken or OP and not a single one would opt-in for a fair fight if there were an alternative. I pvp everyday and trust me when I say that if chivalry is dead it's likely a pvper killed it.. while it was sleeping of course.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please explain how you get it to work and maybe show it in a video on youtube. Because I use both Miat's addon (to see player names more easily and to use the player count feature, to have a better guess how many players are involved at a big siege) and LUI (for a cleaner UI) and I don't get all that information you are claiming it gives users of those addons. How exactly do I activate it? If ZOS enabled those parts of the API again and made it legal to get that information, I'd like to profit from it, too, and make the fight equal again.

1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just bemused how someone could play with this enabled. I just downloaded it to see what it would do. It's like playing some arcade machine from the 80s.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fizzyapple wrote: »
    This absolutely works in pvp and it's the most downloaded pvp addon by 100 miles. I've used this one. People dodge snipe and dive at max range from the other side of the map when they are alone and not dodging anything else. Most pvpers wait in line for anything bug broken or OP and not a single one would opt-in for a fair fight if there were an alternative. I pvp everyday and trust me when I say that if chivalry is dead it's likely a pvper killed it.. while it was sleeping of course.

Idk other people are saying it isn't Miat's, but I never tested it myself. I assume its another secret addon that gets passed around between select players. What I know now from people in this thread is that sounds do play while you are in stealth and someone could make an addon that alerts you to those stealth noises. Did you download a different version of Miat's? The secret one?

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    I'm just bemused how someone could play with this enabled. I just downloaded it to see what it would do. It's like playing some arcade machine from the 80s.
    So do you get any of these notifications BEFORE you get hit/ take the damage?

1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »

For real. I don't know if it was Miat or a similar add-on, but I remember watching some pvp footage on Youtube and the player had giant buff trackers on screen along with the addon sending him a message every second in the center of the screen on what he should do. 'PURGE NOW', 'BLOCK', 'HEAVY ATTACK'. It seemed like an anxious experience. :D
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So do you get any of these notifications BEFORE you get hit/ take the damage?

I have NFI. Literally. I was just reeling from it. Like Wayward said it was "an anxious experience".