The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New anti gank hack? Its Miat's!

• Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Einstein_ wrote: »
    While its deffnetly possible in theory that some kind of auto Dodge/Block bot can be Programmed, i still doubt it. If this thing exist, its only used by a verry few ppl.
    If one of the more famouse PvPer would use this regulary in any PvP inviroment, it would have been detected or recorded on video multiple times by others. But its always the same kind of ppl that cry for cheats, with no real evidence.
    (dont want to point out now who i mean "with the same kind", but its clear to the most of you)

In my 5000h and arround 200 000 Kills in Cyro i never saw a cheater/botter/whatever (in last 2 years). But i have been called a cheater myself atleast 100 times...... i even have a screenshot folder just for those ppl.

So i hope you understand why me and most others dont take any cheater claims serious without a real evidence.

Yes, but if what he is saying is true and he believes there is suspicious activity, then he should report them. There are 3 options, the player used detect pot and is baiting out a nb, or an addon has access to similar information as miats pvp alerts playing an alert with incoming heavy attacks or abilities. Third option would be op messed up, 3 times in a row which is unlikely as he said hes done it 1000s of times before.

Even with 4.5k hours ive only seen 1 cheater which was 2 years ago (obvious fly hack in cyro), ive had friends admit that they have used/tried macros but i dont see that as a "real" cheat even though it is.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    Yes, but if what he is saying is true and he believes there is suspicious activity, then he should report them.

No, he should clip them. Reporting someone without evidence is even worse than creating a forum post. The same in the end I guess… because rightfully nothing will happen.

I don’t think that anyone doubts the OP or anything it’s just that, in general, people can be wrong about stuff like this. ESO pvp isn’t the smoothest experience either so that skews observations as well and sometimes you don’t/couldn’t know about it.

• Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC at least, isn't looking at the map at all essentially a ruse? Most PC players have minimap addons.

There are weird heavy attack bugs right now, it seems possible something is broadcasting information though.
    Edited by Fennwitty on December 22, 2021 3:01PM
    PC NA
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just had a dude do this to me this morning. Attacked him from stealth while he was on siege, no one else near him. He dodged right as I went to attack him....while on siege lol. Come on now.....
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    While its deffnetly possible in theory that some kind of auto Dodge/Block bot can be Programmed, i still doubt it. If this thing exist, its only used by a verry few ppl.
    If one of the more famouse PvPer would use this regulary in any PvP inviroment, it would have been detected or recorded on video multiple times by others. But its always the same kind of ppl that cry for cheats, with no real evidence.
    (dont want to point out now who i mean "with the same kind", but its clear to the most of you)

In my 5000h and arround 200 000 Kills in Cyro i never saw a cheater/botter/whatever (in last 2 years). But i have been called a cheater myself atleast 100 times...... i even have a screenshot folder just for those ppl.

So i hope you understand why me and most others dont take any cheater claims serious without a real evidence.

ZOS just confirmed they banned "hundreds" of cheaters using 3rd party programs. Why do people still insist there is no cheating?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EmperorIl wrote: »

ZOS just confirmed they banned "hundreds" of cheaters using 3rd party programs. Why do people still insist there is no cheating?

The information from ZoS was vague (as usual) and could be interpreted as being about farming bots.

Cheaters always find a way.
    PC NA
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

The information from ZoS was vague (as usual) and could be interpreted as being about farming bots.

Cheaters always find a way.

If you think people will cheat to farm stuff you don't think they will cheat to get an edge in PvP? These trainer programs have been around forever, and there are active ones being used for ESO PvP and updated frequently. All one has to do is google.
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭

with farm-bots you make real life money, since this ppl sell gold for real life money. Thats when ppl invest time in programm a bot like that.
    i also dont know a singel PvPer got banned in that time. I am pretty sure it where farm bots.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's claiming you're this experienced ganker and that the likely reason you fIled is because someone probably has a cheat program and then there is providing a video that shows what you claim
    Edited by Joy_Division on December 22, 2021 4:54PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing in the OP sounded like cheating to me. Why is "cheating" so often the first conclusion?
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a dude do this to me this morning. Attacked him from stealth while he was on siege, no one else near him. He dodged right as I went to attack him....while on siege lol. Come on now.....

Oh wow what sounds impossible and is therefore conclusive evidence that will actually see someone pay! Link the video so we can all see! I’m excited that this issue can finally be put to bed!
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭

Alot of the banned people started coming back recently. Pretty obvious tbh. Amusing when the supposed "skill" drops rapidly after being caught.
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    There's claiming you're this experienced ganker and that the likely reason you fIled is because someone probably has a cheat program and then there is providing a video that shows what you claim

Not everybody records themselves playing constantly. I played on an older computer that struggled to do both. Now I play on a laptop with limited memory. While I do record some things, typically I don't record whole sessions. I'm sorry I don't have the money to spare on a hobby to show you videos that would never prove anything.

Say I show you a video of somebody using incap 8 times in a row? Is it cheating? No because with luck you can do that without cheating. If the OP did record and has a video of somebody randomly blocking a stealthed hit, is it cheating? No because it is completely possible to do it without cheating. If I'm in stealth and somebody is constantly chasing me without the use of a detect pot/sentry/CP/camo hunter, is it cheating? No because they might just be that lucky. If somebody crits 1000 times in a row, is it cheating? No because it can happen without it. Nothing will ever be definitive even with video proof.

A lot more people cheat than some people think, and less than others think. It's really not that complicated to understand.

Do people want to cheat: Yes
    Is it easy to cheat: Yes

To not get get caught is harder, but as said here, it isn’t that easy to tell. Which means that it is easier than many other games to not get caught.

Take aimbots. When somebody is first killed by an aimbot is it obvious? Not always. When they see the other persons screen on kill cam? Tends to be a lot more obvious. So the person getting killed by the aimbot recording themself would never prove anything without killcam. And god know there are a lot of people using aimbots.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying Cyrodiil today. I go to the right side of the map - three red NB ganking one player. Okay. Go to the left three blue NB ganking one player. Okay. Come out of the keep and one NB trying to gank. What has happened to Cyrodiil? Players have left the game and what's left are mostly NBs!? This game has become hide and seek online. This is really sad!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    I'm trying Cyrodiil today. I go to the right side of the map - three red NB ganking one player. Okay. Go to the left three blue NB ganking one player. Okay. Come out of the keep and one NB trying to gank. What has happened to Cyrodiil? Players have left the game and what's left are mostly NBs!? This game has become hide and seek online. This is really sad!

You're just now trying cyrodiil, if I read that correctly. Maybe you look like fresh fish. This attracts NB's. If new try a pick up group until you look like bad camel meat.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »

You're just now trying cyrodiil, if I read that correctly. Maybe you look like fresh fish. This attracts NB's. If new try a pick up group until you look like bad camel meat.

No, I took a break but now the majority of players seem to be a NB. Xbox NA
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but doesn't miats alert you when you are about to be ganked ?
    and yes I do feel an addon that does that shouldn't be allowed
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You did it man, you have found it. I just looked it up and apparently it does. Zos please fix this right now this is an unbelievably unfair addon. A addon should not be providing information like this to players in pvp settings. I knew I was right! I knew there was something shady going on with that dude and once again I was right. Players should have to see these attacks coming with their own eyes and should be relying on their own skill and reflexes.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    That irony, a Gangblade is complaining about unfair advantages 🤣, because his unfair advantages get countered...

I see it coming gangsters start complaining about cameras or finger prints when they get caught.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in the OP sounded like cheating to me. Why is "cheating" so often the first conclusion?

Because there are known add-ons that in the past used to warn you when someone was charging a heavy attack. This was banned. If people still appear to be using something like that then it is cheating.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    That irony, a Gangblade is complaining about unfair advantages 🤣, because his unfair advantages get countered...

I see it coming gangsters start complaining about cameras or finger prints when they get caught.

Huge difference between a class skill and a cheat/exploit. There are tons of ways to counter stealth, that is a learn to play issue.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭

That feature was supposedly blocked by ZOS a long time ago. If it is working again then the add-on needs to be banned.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know what it is now, but how do we get Zos's attention and have them remove addon? Realistically everyone who plays legit pvp and uses channeled abilities or heavy attacks should want this resolved. It is not just gankers who are getting their abilities blocked by people who aren't even looking at you. Should be strictly player versus player, not player versus machine.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if that addon still does anything of what you say at all. It did in the past but was patched long ago.

But even if it does, it wouldnt be more than just a visual help for showing whats going on. It wouldnt automatically block for you.

I dont think that such feature per se is unfair and I think it would be a game improvement if that would even be implemented in the base game. What is unfair is the nightblades invisibility and ability to attack people without any visual hint, thus ending in guessing or detecting invisibles all the time => [snip] gameplay.

And if a nightblade cant fight and have to rely on his ganks it is the real learn to play issue...

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2021 2:57PM
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    I'm an occam's razor guy kind of guy... If you come across a player in an online game who seems to have preternatural instincts, superhuman reflexes or impossibly good stats
    Even simpler explanation: they're better at a video game than you are.

Detect pots still don't alert enemies that they've been detected.

Ye but even as an experienced player i dont magically know when a nb is about to gank me. And i only use detect pot when i first have seen a nb, not when im standing still somewhere. I would probably just report the player and move on as hes probably using an addon that gives an alert for heavy attacks or other cast time ultimates.

You will know when a player is ganking you when they are revealed from stealth with detect pots lol
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    I'm an occam's razor guy kind of guy... If you come across a player in an online game who seems to have preternatural instincts, superhuman reflexes or impossibly good stats
    Even simpler explanation: they're better at a video game than you are.

Detect pots still don't alert enemies that they've been detected.

Ye but even as an experienced player i dont magically know when a nb is about to gank me. And i only use detect pot when i first have seen a nb, not when im standing still somewhere. I would probably just report the player and move on as hes probably using an addon that gives an alert for heavy attacks or other cast time ultimates.

You will know when a player is ganking you when they are revealed from stealth with detect pots lol

Yes, but I said I only use detect pots when i have first seen the nb, not when im standing still looking at the map. As I said in an earlier reply, there are 3 options, baiting with detect, op messed up 3 times in a row or an addon that alerts the user.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because there are known add-ons that in the past used to warn you when someone was charging a heavy attack.
    I have countered plenty of gankers in similar scenarios to the OP without cheating. Never used any such addon and would never. I have however, been accused of cheating many times over the years, especially by gankers I've defeated.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Miat's description which btw was apparently last updated 8/24/21 so it likely still functions.

"Key features:

1. Channeled attacks notification. Each channeled attack in the game has a start time(when the button is pressed) and an end time (when the attack actually fires). The addon provides an on-screen notification when a channelled attack against the player starts. This notification has the icon of the attack's ability and the name of the player initiating the attack.

Channeled attacks being tracked are:
    - all heavy attacks (besides lightning staff and restoration staff),
    - Snipe (Focused Aim, Lethal Arrow),
    - Uppercut (Dizzying Swing, Wrecking Blow),
    - Dark Flare/Solar Flare,
    - hard-casted Crystal Fragments,
    - Assassin's Will/Scourge,
    - Ambush,
    - Lotus Fan,
    - Screaming Cliffracer and Cutting Dive.

Each channeled/flight time attack icon has an indicator for its duration.

As a bonus feature the addon shows Piercing Mark application along with the name of the player who applied it.

2. Notifications for key projectiles. When you are the target of a projectile skill from the list you will get a sound and visual notification when the projectile is launched. Covered skills are:

- Crystal Blast and morphs,
    - Javelin and morphs,
    - Flame Reach and Shock Touch,
    - Stormfist and morphs,
    - Assassin's Will/Scourge,
    - Shield Charge and its morphs,
    - Toppling Charge,
    - Unrelenting Grip,
    - Scatter shot and its morphs,"

This is only the attacks it warns you about, it does more then this. If you think this sounds fair and balanced to be used against any class or spec then whatever. If you use any ability that has a cast time you should want this fixed so actual noobs don't get an unfair warning that they need to block. This addon diminishes the skill and the experience of actual veterans by giving heightened senses to rookies. Zos please, I know I have been mean to you in the past, but fix this one.

• EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if that addon still does anything of what you say at all. It did in the past but was patched long ago.

But even if it does, it wouldnt be more than just a visual help for showing whats going on. It wouldnt automatically block for you.

I dont think that such feature per se is unfair and I think it would be a game improvement if that would even be implemented in the base game. What is unfair is the nightblades invisibility and ability to attack people without any visual hint, thus ending in guessing or detecting invisibles all the time => [snip] gameplay.

And if a nightblade cant fight and have to rely on his ganks it is the real learn to play issue...

So basically delete any and every stealth class in every MMORPG PvP because you don't like it. That is what you are saying. Attacking from stealth is the core premise of a Nightblade, it is built into the skills. If you take that away you gut the class and might as well delete it. Let's remove DKs leap, Wardens bugs, Necros ability to harmony bomb, Sorc shields, and Templar jabs while we're at it. Because NB cloak and attack from stealth is just as much a core part of the class as all those are.

And as someone who has fallen to Slam plenty I can assure you it is not a l2p issue.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2021 2:57PM
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because there are known add-ons that in the past used to warn you when someone was charging a heavy attack.
    I have countered plenty of gankers in similar scenarios to the OP without cheating. Never used any such addon and would never. I have however, been accused of cheating many times over the years, especially by gankers I've defeated.

So explain to me how you know someone from stealth who has not been revealed is about to heavy attack you.