Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Would you like to see pets put away automatically when people enter cities in non-combat?

• Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    guys, be serious - this idea's been going on since forever. And do you see any improvement? Because this is not profitable for ZOS to do this. QoL < attracting new playerbase = money.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »
    Conjuring Daedra and wild animals should also be a crime. Like Necromancers undead.

No.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - please offer an alternative or reason for neither
    I'll take "Things I couldn't care less about for $1,000, Alex."

This is one of those topics that seems to be downright rage inducing among some players. I have simply never found it to be much of an issue. Could be that I handle most of my crafting needs other than writs in my home, but I simply never have issues interacting with stuff in cities during writs or the occasional times I don't port to my house.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on December 21, 2021 6:12PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    For me it is absolutely true. You can call me a liar if you like, but you don't live at my keyboard. And as I have REPEATEDLY stated, I do not have my pets out in towns or at wayshrines.

I'll not call you a liar, but the mere notion of "needing" pets for questing is just patently untrue. Level 1 characters can easily outrun mobs and survive without any gear or buff foods, so unless you don't know how to use WASD keys you really are exaggerating to an extreme. To have to summon pets when needed would make more sense anyway. They are abilities and should be on timers like any other abilities.

It always amuses me how many otherwise non-elitist players feel the need to tell others how they "should" play when it comes to using pets.

Is there any reason why you insist that Sorc pets should be changed from the way they've worked since launch, rather than just asking ZOS to hide pets from your view, as they've shown they can do with Companions?
  • BloodyLady
    BloodyLady
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I voted yes assuming you meant only combat pets, but now I realize it doesn’t specify. I don’t think that vanity pets should be dismissed, but I would like combat pets to be auto dismissed in town, or whenever that player interacts with crafting or merchants.

I dream of never seeing a bank or crafting building filled with Twilights, never having a quest objective blocked by someone’s bear, not seeing 14 Bastian clones at guild traders in big cities.

Heyyy Bastian is a friend not a pet
  • Lalocat
    Lalocat
    ✭✭✭
    The only one that is really bad is the flappy sorcerer pet. I find the animation so annoying I won't even use it on my own sorcerer. I don't really notice the others, but those things are beyond obnoxious, and everywhere in Vivec City. Just passing by another player with one out in the wild isn't an issue, but can't tolerate having one in the field of view while sorting bags or browsing the shop.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    BretonMage wrote: »
    Making it easier for a player to unsummon their pet would also help; right now, you have to click on "C", scroll down to active effects, and right click. It's not bad, but it's neither simple nor intuitive. Putting a big button on the TOP of the character page would make it easier and more obvious to those who aren't aware of the process.

Just going to pop in here and shamelessly plug my addon which allows you to hotkey pet dismissing and also puts them away for you when talking to a banker or using a crafting table.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Nah, I want even bigger bears :D

giant_bear__by_villaingroup_dei2dk1-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9OTYxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMmNkZDFiNDYtNTIyYS00NzhkLTk5MjMtZTNhMWUxOGMxN2I1XC9kZWkyZGsxLTJlNDhmNDk5LTcwZWItNDgxZC04ZDY0LWM1MDBlYTJhNmMyYy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.DeA1T2kAwP-fbsrF6APzcFn0_2Z9iQD5_1y6Z-Z6QQM
    Well as its an right to arm bears in the US Zaria say it need to be buffed a bit. Something like this should work
    1200px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg
    Is it an good idea, no but warden will be fun in pvp :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the topic ... I have never understood why there cant simply be an option in the settings to hide other peoples pets/companions in towns.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i actually want to go with the reverse, hide merchants/bankers while IN combat

This too!
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, including both of my summoned d'aedra, my flying non-combat pet and my neighbor's creepy dog
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    You'll respect my bear's right to exist!

I don't respect your bears right to block interactions - especially when characters themselves do not block interactions.

:#
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Of course they should be automatically hidden. They should even be automatically unsummoned because they aren't needed for questing, they 100% are not needed for such low resistance fights, lol.

Sorry friend - I ABSOLUTELY need my pets for questing. I am not a real twitch combat oriented person, and I still die way too often to multiple mobs.

Even if that were true; which, let's be real for a moment, it isn't your pets keeping you alive to overland mobs, it's the fact mobs are designed to be laughably non-challenging that does; you don't need your pets out 100% of the time. You can just press a key when you feel like you need them instead. It would be a huge QOL improvement for me and many others to not have to see these migraine, motion sickness inducing, tacky pets everywhere all the time.

The answer to that is to lobby for those players who don't want to see pets to be able to toggle them off from their viewing, not to lobby for those who do want to see and use their pets not to be able to do so.
    Edited by Tandor on January 11, 2022 12:17AM
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Tandor wrote: »
    Of course they should be automatically hidden. They should even be automatically unsummoned because they aren't needed for questing, they 100% are not needed for such low resistance fights, lol.

Sorry friend - I ABSOLUTELY need my pets for questing. I am not a real twitch combat oriented person, and I still die way too often to multiple mobs.

Even if that were true; which, let's be real for a moment, it isn't your pets keeping you alive to overland mobs, it's the fact mobs are designed to be laughably non-challenging that does; you don't need your pets out 100% of the time. You can just press a key when you feel like you need them instead. It would be a huge QOL improvement for me and many others to not have to see these migraine, motion sickness inducing, tacky pets everywhere all the time.

The answer to that is to lobby for those players who don't want to see pets to be able to toggle them off from their viewing, not to lobby for those who do want to see and use their pets not to be able to do so.

Agreed.

Pets don't irritate me. Stuga doesn't irritate me. I'm pretty easy-going.

The big thing that does irritate me is when people adamantly refuse to see both sides of an issue and choose not to advocate for an "everybody wins" solution when there clearly can be one.

Any argument that suggests the inconvenience to others is better than the inconvenience to YOU and therefore YOU are right is... not a strong one. Although I certainly agree that if pets are causing people to have motion sickness and migraines it should be a priority for ZOS to allow folks to turn off visibility for themselves. I haven't heard this complaint much but that's definitely a bummer.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. While it can get crowded and this was more of an issue when pets would block things like crafting stations, NPC, and writ turn in points before it was patched, there's no real reason to have them unsommoned. There's potentially a point to be argued about daedra worship and the Tribunal Temple, for example. But that's about it.

Pets generally don't bother me. I'm also the sort of person to go into my character page and right click on the summoned pet "status" to unsummon them while in populated areas just out of respect to others, though not everyone does this.

So far as what I would like to see, have them included as a setting in the same light as Show Allied Effects, and simply disabled them visibly for other users with the setting turned off. If you like seeing pets, you can leave the setting on and nothing changes. That's one of the few reasons why I even bother with a Hide Group addon (because it also hides the pets), while normally I don't bother with them I do turn it on in pet-heavy groups while raiding.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be awesome if the sorc pets and many of the proc pets were smaller (like 1/2 or 1/4 of the size). Imagine a mini daedroth chomping on enemies for you.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Pets should be on client side and only visible to others when engaging in combat.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. At this point I'd intentionally leave the scamp and twilight out at all times along with my companion, and if I could keep Jeff out 24/7 I would.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Also, when you're in towns you shouldn't be able to use proc sets, shades, wall of elements, bow volleys and other AoE dots because they aren't needed for questing, they 100% are not needed for such low resistance fights, lol.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    zaria wrote: »
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Nah, I want even bigger bears :D

giant_bear__by_villaingroup_dei2dk1-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9OTYxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMmNkZDFiNDYtNTIyYS00NzhkLTk5MjMtZTNhMWUxOGMxN2I1XC9kZWkyZGsxLTJlNDhmNDk5LTcwZWItNDgxZC04ZDY0LWM1MDBlYTJhNmMyYy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.DeA1T2kAwP-fbsrF6APzcFn0_2Z9iQD5_1y6Z-Z6QQM
    Well as its an right to arm bears in the US Zaria say it need to be buffed a bit. Something like this should work
    1200px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg
    Is it an good idea, no but warden will be fun in pvp :)

To arm bears, eh? ...

721fb6517dfac4c174bae5a9947df511.gif

Sweet >:)
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU