Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Would you like to see pets put away automatically when people enter cities in non-combat?

LightningWitch
LightningWitch
✭✭✭
My frustration level grows. If tables aren't blocked by bears, 17 sorcs and their flying pets make it difficult to see anything. Now companions stand side-by-side adding to the frustration.

I cannot access any interaction cues because of it, and it's overdue for a change.

I'm asking we have pets automatically put away when entering cities in non-combat situations, and restored when they leave.

If the team can remove my head gear while I'm crafting, they obviously can make this happen as well.

Would you like to see pets put away automatically when people enter cities in non-combat? 273 votes

Yes
63%
SolarikenGilvothPinesytheyanceyalenae1b14_ESOStxdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdvstansb14_ESOGlassHalfFullSoulshineBuujahZigoSidDanikatjedtb16_ESOCoatmagicKhenarthiGroufQuietPanda_22SirDuckmanDarrett 174 votes
No
26%
RedTalonTryxusGythralalanmatillab16_ESOpingpatb16_ESOZephiran23luen79rwb17_ESODaiKahnphaneub17_ESOElsonsoDagoth_RacInaMoonlightTandorAlnilamEkargen27EtoriLiedekeOtarTheMadpeacenoteMathius_Mordred 73 votes
Other - please offer an alternative or reason for neither
9%
BlueRavenSheezabeastdaimOreyn_BearclawVevvevBomblePantsRaddlemanNumber7wolfie1.0.Bobby_V_RockitToanisTroodon80spartaxoxoMichaeIonicKaikatanagirl1bmnobleHapexamendiosfaeeichenlaubSianTamzindeleted221106-002999 26 votes
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You'll respect my bear's right to exist!
  • LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    You'll respect my bear's right to exist!

You mean the one I just shot and now lies on the floor of my elaborate house?
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The only pet I have is a tiny torchbug, how is that bothering anyone?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Didn't they change it so that pets don't block you anymore? I thought I handed in my writs through a bear the other day...
    The Moot Councillor
  • LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    DP99 wrote: »
    The only pet I have is a tiny torchbug, how is that bothering anyone?

Hmm. Apologies. I should have considered this doesn't include non-combat pets given their sizes are small.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, for all combat pets. And companions; Fargrave is so much nicer with mine being the only Mirri in the world.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Conjuring Daedra and wild animals should also be a crime. Like Necromancers undead.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes assuming you meant only combat pets, but now I realize it doesn’t specify. I don’t think that vanity pets should be dismissed, but I would like combat pets to be auto dismissed in town, or whenever that player interacts with crafting or merchants.

I dream of never seeing a bank or crafting building filled with Twilights, never having a quest objective blocked by someone’s bear, not seeing 14 Bastian clones at guild traders in big cities.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You can click right through the combat pets now you know.... There's no reason to get rid of them. And really you don't see companions in the cities, just at the wayshrines like at Vivec.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you see your request working for the cities that have combat inside them, such as Daggerfall (with several ambushes during its questline), Leyawiin, Vivec, Davon's Watch, etc.?

How do you see your request working for Justice System players who might end up in combat in cities at a moment's notice when they get detected?

Since cities aren't "non-combat zones", I don't think it's fair to Sorcs and Wardens that they should have to resummon their pets only once they enter combat.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, if you mean combat pets only.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, players quest in towns!
    Edited by Sarannah on December 16, 2021 3:06PM
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It can be annoying.
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Though I voted yes, it would be that pets and companions should be suppressed for others based on a video setting.

So your pets and companions are still active, and you see them, but if a player chooses they can reduce their own clutter by hiding other player pets.

Could make it a scale where you can choose to see group or friend pets, or only hide cosmetic pets, etc.
  • Whiskey_JG
    Whiskey_JG
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This aint happening. Zos wants you to buy pets
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the "big" pets to be minimised when nor in combat. The Twilight Matriarch to shrink and perch on my shoulder, my bear tp become a lil cub running after me. Then to instantly burst into their combat form when the need arises.

The crow banker is also rather annoying and would benefit from a perching mechanism.

Well, one can always dream ;)
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Other people's pets disappearing in cities would be nice, but I'd like to see my own.

Compared to the 5000 identical dark elves accompanying every player in the game it's a non issue though
    Too many toons not enough time
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just make them invisible to other players. No need to actually unsummon them.
    PC EU
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant to hit No.

There are quests in towns. So no.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i actually want to go with the reverse, hide merchants/bankers while IN combat
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't mind most of them but I can't stand the constantly flapping twilight, and sometimes it can be hard to find a spot without one flickering away at the side of the screen, even when you have your inventory or other menus open. Or I do find somewhere and then another sorcerer comes along and plants one right in my view.

I know they've made it so it mostly doesn't block interactions any more (although I've not found that to be entirely reliable) but that doesn't help at all if the problem is the animation.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah, I want even bigger bears :D

giant_bear__by_villaingroup_dei2dk1-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9OTYxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMmNkZDFiNDYtNTIyYS00NzhkLTk5MjMtZTNhMWUxOGMxN2I1XC9kZWkyZGsxLTJlNDhmNDk5LTcwZWItNDgxZC04ZDY0LWM1MDBlYTJhNmMyYy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.DeA1T2kAwP-fbsrF6APzcFn0_2Z9iQD5_1y6Z-Z6QQM
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah, I like seeing other players' pets, combat and non-combat.

They should make them easier to put away though.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    [snip]

Should have been done YEARS ago in this game.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2021 2:03PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think that there should be a setting toggle for this that just disables other players combat pets, companions, cosmetic pets from view unless your in combat. make it optional

there should also be one for duels.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide them, sure, but unsummoning them would be incredibly annoying.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    buttaface wrote: »
    [snip]

Should have been done YEARS ago in this game.

Not at all. I never have my pets out in towns, at wayshrines etc. Others' pets just don't bother me. Especially now that you can click through them.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2021 2:04PM
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Thinking too small: hide combat pets, non-combat pets, companions, momentos, gaudy procs (Maw, etc) and ugly pink-dyed costumes.

Or just let people play.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Absolutely it should.
    it is angering with the pets in my face while in town (PVE).
    and the same thing in PVP, the pets make the player that has the pets untargettable.
    (TAB targetting does not work)
    this game is so broken.
    Edited by Gilvoth on December 16, 2021 9:39PM
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Of course they should be automatically hidden. They should even be automatically unsummoned because they aren't needed for questing, they 100% are not needed for such low resistance fights, lol.