Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Would you like to see pets put away automatically when people enter cities in non-combat?

• Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Absolutely it should.
    it is angering with the pets in my face while in town (PVE).
    and the same thing in PVP, the pets make the player that has the pets untargettable.
    (TAB targetting does not work)
    this game is so broken.

I'm down with removing pets if you're okay with removing cloak and mist in PvP. Deal?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - please offer an alternative or reason for neither
    Just hide them from others view in towns, they are needed for town quests. No reason for them to be unsummoned
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 16, 2021 9:43PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Bat wrote: »
    Of course they should be automatically hidden. They should even be automatically unsummoned because they aren't needed for questing, they 100% are not needed for such low resistance fights, lol.

Sorry friend - I ABSOLUTELY need my pets for questing. I am not a real twitch combat oriented person, and I still die way too often to multiple mobs.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    At the very least make them invisible to all players except the Sorcerer/Warden summoning them
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I take no issue with non-combat pets as they're mostly small. But I am sick of those winged twilights flapping in my view, and Warden bears standing on the crafting stations, so I can't use them.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want an option to hide others' companions, pets and duels. Don't know how feasible it is, but it'd be the best solution to me.
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    I think that there should be a setting toggle for this that just disables other players combat pets, companions, cosmetic pets from view unless your in combat. make it optional

there should also be one for duels.

I'd like something like this also.
  • Erinia
    Erinia
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, twilights wings all over the screen, and bears blocking writs are most annoying. At least should remove them from crafting/writs/banker/merchants area, where many people stacking and standing long time with all pets.
    @Erinia, PC EU
    Gift Exchange 2023! My WishList here!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id prefer if we could disable other peoples companions , pets in the options
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My frustration level grows. If tables aren't blocked by bears, 17 sorcs and their flying pets make it difficult to see anything. Now companions stand side-by-side adding to the frustration.

I cannot access any interaction cues because of it, and it's overdue for a change.

I'm asking we have pets automatically put away when entering cities in non-combat situations, and restored when they leave.

If the team can remove my head gear while I'm crafting, they obviously can make this happen as well.

We've been bitching about this for years AND to also have the option to change the skins to our godawful flying pet. Her wings almost give me seizures ffs! I'd PAY for it if they put it in crown store!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I have seen other players post in threads on this topic that the suggestion is not workable since there are quests in cities.

Either way I really do not care but have not seen a problem with other players' pets.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Of course they should be automatically hidden. They should even be automatically unsummoned because they aren't needed for questing, they 100% are not needed for such low resistance fights, lol.

Sorry friend - I ABSOLUTELY need my pets for questing. I am not a real twitch combat oriented person, and I still die way too often to multiple mobs.

@Sylvermynx Agreed. My mother is in her 60's, and absolutely needs her bear to help her out when she wishes to quest without my father and I and have some solo story time with her characters. Before the arthritis in her hands set in really badly, she'd be fine, but now her bear helps her contain multiple mobs, making it possible for her to fight and play without company. Some players just don't have the reflexes others take for granted, and sometimes people have that bear out because they really do need it! (She keeps her bear unsummoned around crafting tables and such)
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if a pet sorc gets a duel request while in a town? They can't use their pets?
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    buttaface wrote: »
    [snip]

Should have been done YEARS ago in this game.

I don't see a basis for this claim. Pets, combat or otherwise, do not block anything at all in towns; they can definitely be interacted through. I have never had a problem clicking or walking through anyone's pets. I suspect that those asserting otherwise are trolling us because they get annoyed looking at the pets.

In any case, as many have suggested on this forum on different threads, giving players an option to hide pets from view in cities would be helpful for those who get offended looking at things.

Making it easier for a player to unsummon their pet would also help; right now, you have to click on "C", scroll down to active effects, and right click. It's not bad, but it's neither simple nor intuitive. Putting a big button on the TOP of the character page would make it easier and more obvious to those who aren't aware of the process.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2021 2:06PM
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    YES, please. Summons, companions & pets. I would especially welcome the idea for hubs like Jewerly Crafting/Bank/Enchanting stations hidden in tiny houses.

A single sorcerer with two summons and a pet can fill the whole room.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

@Sylvermynx Agreed. My mother is in her 60's, and absolutely needs her bear to help her out when she wishes to quest without my father and I and have some solo story time with her characters. Before the arthritis in her hands set in really badly, she'd be fine, but now her bear helps her contain multiple mobs, making it possible for her to fight and play without company. Some players just don't have the reflexes others take for granted, and sometimes people have that bear out because they really do need it! (She keeps her bear unsummoned around crafting tables and such)

Thanks.... I appreciate the validation, and I empathize with your mom! I'm 74 - and goddesses, I wish my reflexes were a few decades better - but that ship has sailed. Every one of us gets to the point where we WANT to do things the way we could 30 or 40 years ago - oh.... but you (generalized -) aren't even 30? so everything is easy for you?.... Yeah, I get that a lot....

Well, you know.... I've been playing games - CRPGs, then MMORPGs - since 1985. Games like this one are a major benefit for me - they take me out of the real world (which I actually don't find particularly fun or attractive just right now), and they give me a really wonderful "alter existence" - a place where I have a reality outside of the RL dreck I deal with 24 hours of every day....

I just want to play my games, and not have people much younger than me telling me the game is too easy, overland needs to be HARDER....

*sigh* I'm.... an anachronism I guess. I started playing computer games in 1985....
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    buttaface wrote: »
    [snip]

Should have been done YEARS ago in this game.

[snip] Its pointless because

1.) You can click right through combat pets
    2.) There are quests in the cities and combat as well

[snip]
    [edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2021 2:07PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I chose “other” because I don’t want others pets automatically I summoned, I just want the option to not see them myself.

The change to make them not block crafting stations and such has been a big help, but that one place in Fargrave where everyone is hunting furnishing plans...there are so many flapping twilights and bears darting around it’s a visual cacophony. They don’t block access to what I want to interact with, but I still can’t see it.

I don’t know about other platforms but on PS NA people not only don’t unsummon their combat pets, but actually summon them in bank and places where you can farm.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My first reaction was to go for "Other", because I thought about just having an easy button to turn off pets/companions or to make them invisible. But then, I realize it would probably not change anything because many players would never use it for all sort of reasons. So, I voted no. Purely egoistic choice of course, but really, those daedras with their flapping wings are just a bother to me. Maybe an alternative could be to hide the combat pets only?
    Edited by DreamyLu on December 17, 2021 5:21AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Franchise408
    Franchise408
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Pets don't block interactions, so no I would not like to see them put away

Screenshot-20210620-184308.png
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I have a family member in a similar situation. He plays a one bar bow warden and heavily relies on his bear to be effective, since he’s in his 70s and is recovering from a stroke a few years back.

I wouldn’t support forcing him to go without his pet anywhere, but I do support a graphical option for others to suppress the visual of surrounding player pets.

My family member finds the clutter to be a bit much in town, so it would provide him a benefit.
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I should have voted other.
    Rather than "dismiss" they, combat pets and companions, should auto hide. You can see your own, but not others.
    It seems to be possible within the game engine, e.g. Fargrave.
    I find it rather disconcerting to see my companion super-imposed on several others with slightly out of sync movements. *shudder*

I would also like my twilight to be smaller, her flappy wings annoy me - so I can well imagine that would annoy others.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No except sorcerers flappy summons and warden bears, other than that I like seeing everyones pets.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be visible to the player only in capitol cities only.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only in certain area's like around crafting stations and turn in points for daily writs or nears bankers etc.. I don't think there should be a blanket ban on people's combat pets being out in towns and cities.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    People quest, people duel, I like seeing all the pets around, and I have never had trouble with them. I say leave them be.

If ANYTHING, have an option for folks to have pets visually fade in the radius of certain interactive items like wayshrines and bankers... but un-summoning and applying to the full city would both be too heavy-handed, in my opinion.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I will quit playing this game the day they take my flappy away from me.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    You can click right through the combat pets now you know.... There's no reason to get rid of them.
    Sometimes I can click through, sometimes I can't. Still depends on the camera angle and the pet position.
    Yes, they've changed something and at first I thought I finally could use the bear on my warden. But the more I play with the bear, the more I notice that the clicking through is still not fully functional. The bear still blocks containers and corpses if it happens to stand on them just like 2 years ago.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes. please, god, please.
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    In my answer I just mean near crafting benches.