The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds still Deathmatch Only

• Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so far one week back in, and of course ..... only deathmatch

so i just do the daily now and leave until the next daily. Sad.
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next patch the queues will be reverted back to random
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61615

"The Whitestrake’s Mayhem event begins Thursday, February 17 at 10AM EST and runs until Tuesday, March 1 at 10AM EST."

Did ZOS seriously schedule this event before first fixing the Battleground queue? *Facepalm*
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I queue for bgs I always queue for the random bgs instead of dm. You practically always get dm so why not queue for random and have a chance of variety
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    When I queue for bgs I always queue for the random bgs instead of dm. You practically always get dm so why not queue for random and have a chance of variety

I always queue for random solo in BG and though i still only and i repeat only have Deathmatch, because at least even with DM i can complete my daily in one attempt. I dont want to face groups with insane builds
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Hentmereb
    Hentmereb
    Nothing but Deathmatch for me in the last 1 1/2 months and I always queue for a Random Battleground.

But apparently the people who matter, who only want to play Deathmatches, are happy.
  • ChrissyLunarcat
    ChrissyLunarcat
    Soul Shriven
    Recently came back to ESO from a short break and was really looking forward to doing some random battlegrounds, only to find out they're not so random anymore.
    For me, ESO has always been the MMO with the best and most engaging PvP of all, thanks to how fun the objective matches are and how much variety there is when it comes to them.

Deathmatches are fine (albeit my least favorite of all) but I wouldn't want to be doing only those, just as I wouldn't enjoy doing only Chaosball, only Crazy King etc.

It's a shame they're not fixing it before the Mayhem. One can only hope that at least they find a way to please both parties.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently came back to ESO from a short break and was really looking forward to doing some random battlegrounds, only to find out they're not so random anymore.
    For me, ESO has always been the MMO with the best and most engaging PvP of all, thanks to how fun the objective matches are and how much variety there is when it comes to them.

Deathmatches are fine (albeit my least favorite of all) but I wouldn't want to be doing only those, just as I wouldn't enjoy doing only Chaosball, only Crazy King etc.

It's a shame they're not fixing it before the Mayhem. One can only hope that at least they find a way to please both parties.

their "best solution" right now is basically reverting the queue back to the single full random queue on the dlc update in mid march which will be the last change likely until the code re-architecture is fixed

honestly their current mistake was allowing the DM only queue to pull from the random queue, if they just fully split those 2 queues it actually would have probably been fine for everyone
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was working fine until some decided to only play DM in any BG, and complained that they were bored with Objectives and wanted only DM.

Proof that only listening to one side of a community is wrong. Never touch something that is working. At this time we could do both, and i remember that truly enjoyed DM as it was not forced on me. But the purist elitist wanted their DM. They got it and now BG are almost deserted.

I will never cease to be amased by professionals who give up their choices to answer a group. A group is not a community, its a part of the community. And this group may be wrong. And as you can see they were. I could spend hours in BG, now i spend the time of 1 bg and i leave, just to complete the daily.

Was all the changes and tests worth it ? certainly not.
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    Never touch something that is working.

Just because the old queues work for you doesn't mean they work for everyone. I'm happy with only playing Deathmatch. In fact I mistakenly queued for Group Random the other day and landed on Crazy King. It was a miserable experience.
    PC NA
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Never touch something that is working.

Just because the old queues work for you doesn't mean they work for everyone. I'm happy with only playing Deathmatch. In fact I mistakenly queued for Group Random the other day and landed on Crazy King. It was a miserable experience.

And this is great for you. I do not want they remove DM. But the change they made .... you were lucky because its been months that i have only DM whatever i tried in queue.

Not a single match was objectif for me. I dont think this is something normal. During the old queue, i had a mix of both. And beleive me or not, i had really a lot of fun doing DM. I used to say i was learning to not panic and to fight back. Not anymore.

This is tiring, sad and not fun. I do not count the 5 matchs daily with only DM.

They have to redo their copy. And both of us have to accept that both style are needed. This is not a question of majority, or minority, just a matter of a game made for all. On my side i accepted it.

i would not mind at all 2 separate queue. One DM for those who want to that all the time. One for objectives.
    Edited by Lauranae on February 16, 2022 11:07PM
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was working fine until some decided to only play DM in any BG, and complained that they were bored with Objectives and wanted only DM.

Proof that only listening to one side of a community is wrong. Never touch something that is working. At this time we could do both, and i remember that truly enjoyed DM as it was not forced on me. But the purist elitist wanted their DM. They got it and now BG are almost deserted.

I will never cease to be amased by professionals who give up their choices to answer a group. A group is not a community, its a part of the community. And this group may be wrong. And as you can see they were. I could spend hours in BG, now i spend the time of 1 bg and i leave, just to complete the daily.

BG queues have been shorter atleast for me because DM is the most popular mode

Other modes are just role playing modes which shouldn’t be part of PVP anyway and should be in dungeon finder queue instead

• _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Other modes are just role playing modes which shouldn’t be part of PVP anyway and should be in dungeon finder queue instead

hardly, DM = what group of players can spam the other side to death fastest, its hardly pvp at all. Pretty much the reason all other working AAA mmo prioritise objective based PVP, it requires skill and the ability to flex strategies.
  • MuzakalePants
    It's a shame because when BG was seperated into DM, Flag, Capture queues, there were objective pvp guilds. I was in one. I found, during Mayhem, that I loved objectives. I could not get enough and when I found a guild to play with, forget it. Questing? What is that? We played every night, ending up against each other in objective games. It was some of the most fun I've had in ESO. Yeah sometimes we sat in a queue for 20 minutes but we didn't care because we were playing what we loved. It was worth the wait. When the queue went random and then just DM, those guilds folded and some of those players left ESO.

Not sure how many times objective players can tell ZOS they are willing to wait for matches before they listen and make DM and no DM queues. Even with Mayhem, it is all DM. All DM queues drove players away from pvp and the game so why subject pve players to it? If they had truly random no DM matches, maybe there would be more players like those in my old guild; people who found a love of pvp in objective matches.
  • Stncold
    Stncold
    ✭✭✭
    Really just a shame that this went on not only as long as it did, but it didn't happen BEFORE a major pvp-focused event. ZOS is really taking advantage of New World bombing, WoW circling the drain, and now TOR putting out possibly the worst expansion in the history of MMO's to go completely lazy. The competition screwing up isn't an excuse to do it as well.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] YOU ARE NOT ALONE. And stop talking about rp as if it was the last think that people should do on earth.

[snip]

THis is a game for everyone. For all sort of players. If you can not accept that, why join a community ?

((i know i should have keep my temper but i am sorry enoug is enough. Those doing rp are not sick, nore stupid.They simply enjoy something you dont))

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 20, 2022 7:36PM
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hardly, DM = what group of players can spam the other side to death fastest, its hardly pvp at all. Pretty much the reason all other working AAA mmo prioritise objective based PVP, it requires skill and the ability to flex strategies.

ESO has a better combat system then any MMO till date and you want to do Objectives?

I am sure that you are playing eso because other objective MMO's are crap ? And you want the same for eso now ?
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on February 23, 2022 4:42AM
  • GypsyKing22
    GypsyKing22
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been queueing for group random BGs and have been getting a lot of objective games (like every second game on average was an objective game for me yesterday on PC EU, and i played ~20 BGs yesterday)

I think the source of the issue is that usually there's just not enough people at any given time queueing for randoms, whereas the people who spam BGs will mostly queue deathmatch, so it pops more often.

Say 50 people want to play objective modes in total, and 20 want deathmatch. If the deathmatch group is in queue for 10 hours total/person during the day, and the objective group is in queue for 20 minutes total/person, at different times during the day, the total amount of queues for DM will be way higher despite more people wanting objective modes, so it will just occur more frequently.

The event bringing in the casuals who queue up for random instead of deathmatch for their daily BG quest for tickets is probably the reason for the change in my experience - the other logical explanation is that ZOS secretly tinkered with the weighting of the objective game modes for random queue :smiley:
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] YOU ARE NOT ALONE. And stop talking about rp as if it was the last think that people should do on earth.

[snip]

THis is a game for everyone. For all sort of players. If you can not accept that, why join a community ?

((i know i should have keep my temper but i am sorry enoug is enough. Those doing rp are not sick, nore stupid.They simply enjoy something you dont))

[edited for baiting]

Everyone includes "me"
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO has a better combat system then any MMO till date and you want to do Objectives?

I am sure that you are playing eso because other objective MMO's are crap ? And you want the same for eso now ?

i've played thousands of hours in ESO, thousands of hours in GW2 and 10k in WOW. ESO has the best PVE (amazing questing, great housing, good looking content) and worst PVP by a country mile, mainly due to brutally bad performance and animation cancelling spam fests and mindless proc sets. My preferred end game however was objective based PVP, and I was forced to stop playing ESO 3 months or so ago because 90% of flavours of PVP was removed from ESO in effect. That's even with a year sub with 9 months to go on it and after I spent money on crowns to buy multiple PVP sets. So now I suffer the inferior PVE questing of GW2 but love the Objective PVP and WVW with no lag that has zero technical issues with BG groups forming in seconds.

PS out of interest in GW2 right now it has a DM only season running alongside objective based PVP and the latter forms groups much much faster that DM, so evidently players love it. They also have entirely separated PVP and PVE builds which is a big enabler for fun and balanced PVP. What does this look like for a new player? well, day 1 you can go to the PVP lobby and instantly have access to any of the curated best builds in the game and be uplifted to max level, then enter any BG format you fancy and within seconds you are fighting in an arena where only skill matters. Compare that to the experience for new ESO players.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on February 23, 2022 8:02PM