Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Overland Content Feedback Thread

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is my game experience has been made more negative and I do not want any more of these universal changes.
    PCNA
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is my game experience has been made more negative and I do not want any more of these universal changes.

Right there with you. Standardize challenge across overland and create a system in which players can adjust the difficulty to their liking, then none of us will have to be here lamenting the state of the game one way or the other.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    if they do nothing to actually address the very logical, probably reasonably doable options brought up over and over again all through this thread, eventually anyone not happy with the status quo will quit playing the game. At the very LEAST, a difficulty slider needs to be implemented. That way, y'all could have your Elden Ring style hard mode, and I could quite happily exist in the game I've enjoyed for 7 years.

Honestly it's okay if that's not a part of their vision but the game doesn't run on some grand vision but trying to capture all the audiences, so we ask. I'd be fine with some developer dive into "why we won't do that" and call it a day migrating to different franchise all along, had a good run with scrolls for absolute biggest time of my life, two thirds of it. If it's ran dry it's sad but not the end of the world as different people made similar / inspired worlds since, plus modding scene. But sadly developing team won't do that because they're loosing customers that way and it's easier to do little steps in hopes that one day they will not miss the mark. So some of us either turn focus to different things in game or outside of it whilst we're "waiting" instead of cutting the bond entirely.

About Elden Ring, the game isn't really about the difficulty despite being part of a franchise known for their difficult games. It's more akin to Morrowind difficulty, where if you explore enough and know the mechanics of the game it changes dramatically whilst being deadly in the begining (yet still you die if the guard slipped). People are asking for things closer to their hears like tes experience, as Fromsoft one would require it to be whole new game mechanically and not just "hard", it's literally like turning Oblivion into Zelda. More meaningful is more appropriate sounding to me. Definitely doesn't include 5 min rat fights with immunity phases for coffee break.

I remember pitching the challenge scrolls idea for quests even before this threads existence to one of the main devs, so if after all this years we didn't saw anything which indicates to us that they're trying to find a solution I'm not hopeful. There was enough time, quite a few updates which were pretty barebones as if they don't have much to implement overall.
  • Cersenin
    Cersenin
    ✭✭✭
    BasP wrote: »
    I'm not saying players shouldn't make suggestions. But when there are repeated complaints that the story bosses die too fast and they die before they complete their dialogue etc... well now they don't.

That doesn't change the fact that story bosses are still incredibly easy, though, so I'd say that it's worth repeating that an option to make fights like that more memorable (with the aforementioned difficulty sliders, hard mode scrolls etc.) would be a great addition to the game.

And it's not like only "ESO veterans" would appreciate a more difficult Overland. Posts by new players about the lack of difficulty pop up pretty regularly on ESO's subreddit too.

I don't find the story bosses incredibly easy on all of my characters. For some they are more difficult and take longer, depending on my build.

I see posts stating that they think overland is too easy, mostly by players that have stopped playing or just started and expected a more Dark Souls like experience. That isn't what ESO is and therefore it's not the game for everyone. But it is the game for most of us that have been playing for years now.

But I never hear players say anything about the difficulty while I'm in game questing overland. At least I hadn't until a couple of weeks ago. I was questing West Weald and a player whose name I recognized from this thread started complaining in zone chat. They were saying things like "I just came back to the game and bought Gold Road and it's so boring." No one replied. Then "Does anyone else find this too easy and boring?" Once again no one replied. After about 5 minutes of this they finally stopped. The lack of response by the zone was very telling about what the general consensus is.

"I don't find the story bosses incredibly easy on all of my characters. For some they are more difficult and take longer, depending on my build." I must disagree on this. Apart from the Necrom and Gold Road chapters, I finished all the quests in the game (not only the main story line but all the quests). I stop doing quests because they are too easy and I get bored. Don't get me wrong, I really like the stories, but running from point A to point B without a challenge, I lost interest in doing them.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    They scrapped the Q4 DLC for Infinite Archive. It's clear that they want to address the issue. They just won't address it in a way that makes sense because they do not understand. They have never shown understanding of the debuff suggestion. They have never shown understanding of the core problem all these solutions these complaints are about. They think it's just combat. It's not.

I sometimes wonder if this has not become endemic in ZOS' organisation. That as soon as 'harder content' is mentioned the job automatically gets handed over to the people who design dungeons and arenas and, lo and behold, what do we get: more variants of dungeons and arenas and their crazy boss-mechanics. That is just never ever going to work. :s Overland difficulty is a fundamentally different animal and it's going to take someone with a fundamentally different mindset, and possibly skill set, to address it.

Edited by Muizer on August 13, 2024 9:14AM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cersenin wrote: »
    "I don't find the story bosses incredibly easy on all of my characters. For some they are more difficult and take longer, depending on my build." I must disagree on this. Apart from the Necrom and Gold Road chapters, I finished all the quests in the game (not only the main story line but all the quests). I stop doing quests because they are too easy and I get bored. Don't get me wrong, I really like the stories, but running from point A to point B without a challenge, I lost interest in doing them.

You may disagree but this is my experience. Some of my characters that aren't set up for more challenging content do have a harder time with some of the story bosses. But I found the trend to more difficult story bosses started with High Isle and have gotten progressively worse.

I also do every quest in every zone on every character. I even use an add-on that lists all the quests so I don't miss any because there are quests that aren't counted toward map completion. I have completed this on 4 of my characters so far and am working in the last 3 now, and I am still enjoying them as much as ever. Although I'd enjoy them a lot more if they slowed things down with the story bosses.

If these story boss fights continue to get more and more difficult with every new chapter (World Bosses too) it will end up like it was before One Tamriel where it wasn't unusual at all to spend days just trying to defeat one story boss. That drove off a lot of players.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 13, 2024 2:59PM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't find the story bosses difficult even on my thief alt, who's wearing a lot of gear that's purpose is just to reduce detection radius.

But, everyone is different. That's why a slider like LOTRO's is a good solution. It can have different strength levels so that difficulty is customizable to a level that meets their own needs. Or they can opt out of it using it at all. Forcing the difficulty on everyone just means that content that is fun for the top end (and there are better players than me) means those who don't want to engage in a challenge just skip it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on August 13, 2024 3:03PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cersenin wrote: »

You may disagree but this is my experience. Some of my characters that aren't set up for more challenging content do have a harder time with some of the story bosses. But I found the trend to more difficult story bosses started with High Isle and have gotten progressively worse.

I also do every quest in every zone on every character. I even use an add-on that lists all the quests so I don't miss any because there are quests that aren't counted toward map completion. I have completed this on 4 of my characters so far and am working in the last 3 now, and I am still enjoying them as much as ever. Although I'd enjoy them a lot more if they slowed things down with the story bosses.

If these story boss fights continue to get more and more difficult with every new chapter (World Bosses too) it will end up like it was before One Tamriel where it wasn't unusual at all to spend days just trying to defeat one story boss. That drove off a lot of players.

Kind of off topic, but what is the name of the addon you use that shows quests which aren't counted towards map completion? I'd really like to get this addon to make finding/knowing about these quests easier.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just read up on LOTRO's "Landscape Difficulty" for a bit (which apparently offers nine difficulty levels to choose from) and from what I gathered, even though it isn't without its flaws, people like it and its introduction was well received.

I do think that implementing something like that would be good for ESO as well. New players that prefer a bit more challenge could start on a higher difficulty (which would make them better prepared for group content later on), existing players might roll a new alt to go through the stories again, and a portion of the players that have left the game because of the current difficulty might even return because of it.

And the easiest setting could make Overland content even easier than it is now, in my opinion, so that the players that are unable to defeat the Main Quest bosses from the latest Chapters would be able to do so. It's a shame that some players can't finish those quests or are discouraged from even starting them, even though they play ESO just for the quests. The second difficulty level could be ESO's default difficulty, and it could ramp up from there.

In the end, I'd say that a QoL patch focused on difficulty - a patch that would introduce an optional more difficult Overland as well as a Story Mode for Dungeons - would be welcomed by a not insignificant part of the community.
    Edited by BasP on August 13, 2024 6:42PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of off topic, but what is the name of the addon you use that shows quests which aren't counted towards map completion? I'd really like to get this addon to make finding/knowing about these quests easier.

Journal Quest Log

When I first got it I went to all my characters I thought had completed all the zones and found quests I had missed in almost every zone. The reason I looked for it was because I was running into quests in zones that the map showed completed so I searched for a quest add-on. Now I just Google the name of an incomplete quest and find out where it starts, then complete it.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 13, 2024 6:06PM
    PCNA
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BasP wrote: »
    I just read up on LOTRO's "Landcape Difficulty" for a bit (which apparently offers nine difficulty levels to choose from) and from what I gathered, even though it isn't without its flaws, people like it and its introduction was well received.

I do think that implementing something like that would be good ESO as well. New players that prefer a bit more challenge could start on a higher difficulty (which would make them better prepared for group content later on), existing players might roll a new alt to go through the stories again, and a portion of the players that have left the game because of the current difficulty might even return because of it.

And the easiest setting could make Overland content even easier than it is now, in my opinion, so that the players that are unable to defeat the Main Quest bosses from the latest Chapters would be able to do so. It's a shame that some players can't finish those quests or are discouraged from even starting them, even though they play ESO just for the quests. The second difficulty level could be ESO's default difficulty, and it could ramp up from there.

In the end, I'd say that a QoL patch focused on difficulty - a patch that would introduce an optional more difficult Overland as well as a Story Mode for Dungeons - would be welcomed by a not insignificant part of the community.

That would be.... absolutely MARVELOUS! I like it.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Estin
    Estin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they just create a separate instance for quest bosses. Quest bosses, at least the important ones, already take place in a solo instance. Quest bosses already have a hard mode version of themselves available in the IA. All that would need to be done is to create a separate instance for that harder version during the quest. I feel this would be the easiest solution to implement and keep everybody happy at the same time. An option for public dungeons and maybe delves would be neat, but it's the quest bosses that are the most important. The overland itself is irrelevant. I don't think anybody is itching to wipe to a pack of wolves, wasps, bandits, etc that are all spaced 5-10 feet apart from each other. Newer overland content can already be as hard as vet solo arenas anyways. The world bosses have actual mechanics that can't be ignored and have a ton of HP so they can't be burned in under a minute. But fighting a hard boss that has no plot or lore relevance in the middle of nowhere isn't really what people have been asking for. It's the quest bosses that are the most important.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this, but so long as ZOS works by ham fisted half measures these will continue happening. If ZOS made decisive and intentional changes, those changes would have as small of an impact on your experience as possible, but in their bandaid fix run they're doing these things like making world bosses excessively oppressive to regular players to say 'see, we are doing things for you' rather than, again, doing decisive things to address player pain points.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Journal Quest Log

When I first got it I went to all my characters I thought had completed all the zones and found quests I had missed in almost every zone. The reason I looked for it was because I was running into quests in zones that the map showed completed so I searched for a quest add-on. Now I just Google the name of an incomplete quest and find out where it starts, then complete it.

Thank you ! <3
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sh4d0wh4z3 wrote: »
    The overland itself is irrelevant. I don't think anybody is itching to wipe to a pack of wolves, wasps, bandits, etc that are all spaced 5-10 feet apart from each other.

I'm not itching to die to a pack of wolves but I do want fights to feel like they make sense, and I feel like a pack of wolves should be dangerous. The fact that we disagree is exactly why we should have the ability to choose for ourselves.
  • Estin
    Estin
    ✭✭✭✭
    disky wrote: »
    The overland itself is irrelevant. I don't think anybody is itching to wipe to a pack of wolves, wasps, bandits, etc that are all spaced 5-10 feet apart from each other.

I'm not itching to die to a pack of wolves but I do want fights to feel like they make sense, and I feel like a pack of wolves should be dangerous. The fact that we disagree is exactly why we should have the ability to choose for ourselves.

I want fights to make sense too, but I'm more interested in a hard boss for a quest rather than random trash. Overland is a right pain to explore already due to how many enemies there are lumped together. You have a pack of three, and then another pack of 3 5 feet from them, and then yet another pack of 3 5 feet away from those. Despite being incredibly easy to kill, they're still incredibly annoying to deal with just by how often you encounter them because they're a waste of time and because the only other option is to get stuck in combat if you're not just quickly passing through. I know not everywhere in each zone is like this, but it's often enough that a blanket difficulty increase would make it unbalanced and leave a poor taste even in the mouths of those who wanted it. I would be more than delighted with any instanced location having a vet option because most everything interesting already takes place in an separate instance away from the zone map.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah this thread again. Been some time since I've visited this part of the forums. I see not much has changed, end result here was ... predictable. After all this time, I'm going to put it this way. Not going to argue about the old disagreements and such, as it seems much of that has been beaten to death already.

But I'll put it this way. I saw someone mention making the wolves more difficult. That brings back memories from my initial encounter with Skyrim's wolves. You know even though I haven't played Skyrim in a while, I remember that. I remember the character, almost the day(s) it happened. The struggle was real.

95% of ESO world fights... I can't remember. It's as if they never were. Like Star Wars battledroids... the things were so inept it didn't matter whether they were part of the story or not. Maybe that's the problem, it's not a lack of difficulty but maybe a lack of placing us in a better story. I remember the old Molag Bal fight but most of the Coldharbour fighting was rather meaningless and I could care less. Contrast to the fierce resistance and rescuing people while closing Oblivion Gates in TES IV: Oblivion.

These things are not the same.
    Edited by Vulkunne on August 14, 2024 3:03AM
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want fights to make sense too, but I'm more interested in a hard boss for a quest rather than random trash. Overland is a right pain to explore already due to how many enemies there are lumped together. You have a pack of three, and then another pack of 3 5 feet from them, and then yet another pack of 3 5 feet away from those. Despite being incredibly easy to kill, they're still incredibly annoying to deal with just by how often you encounter them because they're a waste of time and because the only other option is to get stuck in combat if you're not just quickly passing through.
    This is an MMO and so considerations have to be made for peak times when there are a lot of players in a zone, so I don't begrudge ZOS for handling spawns this way, even if I do think they could improve things by increasing randomness and adding higher concentrations to certain areas. That being said, overland enemies are so trivially easy to defeat or outrun right now that I don't see how anyone could complain about them being annoying, since all they really do is maybe force you to wait an extra few seconds when you're trying to use a wayshrine. It feels like a non-issue to me.

...a blanket difficulty increase would make it unbalanced and leave a poor taste even in the mouths of those who wanted it.
    You're speaking for the entire community here and It's just not true for everyone.

Again, this is why we should have a choice. I've seen some people ask specifically for boss challenge options and I don't have a problem with that, but I definitely want tougher non-boss enemies as well since they're the bulk of what I fight and I also want those fights to feel satisfying.

I would be more than delighted with any instanced location having a vet option because most everything interesting already takes place in an separate instance away from the zone map.
    Implementing this would probably be a more complicated solution than necessary and giving players the ability to select their own challenge level would preclude the need for it. It can be handled on a per-character basis without affecting anyone else and it wouldn't separate players.
  • Estin
    Estin
    ✭✭✭✭

I want fights to make sense too, but I'm more interested in a hard boss for a quest rather than random trash. Overland is a right pain to explore already due to how many enemies there are lumped together. You have a pack of three, and then another pack of 3 5 feet from them, and then yet another pack of 3 5 feet away from those. Despite being incredibly easy to kill, they're still incredibly annoying to deal with just by how often you encounter them because they're a waste of time and because the only other option is to get stuck in combat if you're not just quickly passing through.
    This is an MMO and so considerations have to be made for peak times when there are a lot of players in a zone, so I don't begrudge ZOS for handling spawns this way, even if I do think they could improve things by increasing randomness and adding higher concentrations to certain areas. That being said, overland enemies are so trivially easy to defeat or outrun right now that I don't see how anyone could complain about them being annoying, since all they really do is maybe force you to wait an extra few seconds when you're trying to use a wayshrine. It feels like a non-issue to me.

...a blanket difficulty increase would make it unbalanced and leave a poor taste even in the mouths of those who wanted it.
    You're speaking for the entire community here and It's just not true for everyone.

Again, this is why we should have a choice. I've seen some people ask specifically for boss challenge options and I don't have a problem with that, but I definitely want tougher non-boss enemies as well since they're the bulk of what I fight and I also want those fights to feel satisfying.

I would be more than delighted with any instanced location having a vet option because most everything interesting already takes place in an separate instance away from the zone map.
    Implementing this would probably be a more complicated solution than necessary and giving players the ability to select their own challenge level would preclude the need for it. It can be handled on a per-character basis without affecting anyone else and it wouldn't separate players.

I'm just trying to look at it objectively. A character specific difficulty scale would be a dream come true, but you also need to understand who is in charge of the game. ZOS can't even balance PvP away from PvE, and class balance in PvE is a mess as well. I don't have any confidence they could properly implement a custom difficulty scale per character. I doubt it's even possible engine wise. We could all agree to want it, but the chances of them actually implementing it the way we would want it is very low, just like how ZOS thought that overland content balanced for group play is what we wanted. Since ZOS doesn't want to split the playerbase with separate zone instances, and because personally a blanket increase to an entire zone would feel too unbalanced, I feel that having a vet instance for any instanced area would be the best way to go. They already have the tech to do so. Spawning a new instance at a different difficulty should be a lot less complicated than developing a custom difficulty scale.
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any confidence they could properly implement a custom difficulty scale per character. I doubt it's even possible engine wise.
    Sure it is. We know it's possible because permanent debuffs exist in other parts of the game. The only question is how the system should be implemented - how granular it should be and how the player should activate it. My personal choice is to enable it through the Options menu because that's the simplest and most accessible way, but LotRO uses a diegetic system which the player has to enable through an NPC. Other options that have been discussed are through food, skills or gear, but no matter how it's enabled, it comes down to turning on a debuff which adjusts the character's numbers down in accordance with their desired level of challenge.

This is why it's so frustrating that it's been so many years without ZOS addressing this properly. There are undoubtedly complications which we don't see as players but this does not appear to be a terribly complex problem on its face. And yet, ZOS chooses to ignore it while tasking its developers with creating content they think we'll be happy with instead.

Edited by disky on August 14, 2024 7:46AM
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, but I do wish people were careful pointing to LOTRO as an example of how to do it. Making sense means when I fight wolves I want to see claws and teeth, not LOTRO's laser beams from the sky or 'corruption' on the ground or any other contrived mechanics. Yet knowing ZOS' conception of 'difficulty' that is exactly the kind of thing they'd lean towards.

A proper difficulty slider that won't depend on such antics is actually much harder to get right than people seem to think and I agree with @sh4d0wh4z3 that based on ZOS' track record they do not seem to have the expertise or inclination to pull it off. It's just not in their repertoire.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect shouldn't be the enemy of good. ZOS can easily make a slider. Not in the sense of any game design isn't time consuming or hard work, but in the sense that they aren't going to make it a disaster. Their PvE encounters are actually pretty good for the most part, when they have the proper difficulty.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on August 14, 2024 8:41AM
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »

I agree, but I do wish people were careful pointing to LOTRO as an example of how to do it. Making sense means when I fight wolves I want to see claws and teeth, not LOTRO's laser beams from the sky or 'corruption' on the ground or any other contrived mechanics. Yet knowing ZOS' conception of 'difficulty' that is exactly the kind of thing they'd lean towards.

A proper difficulty slider that won't depend on such antics is actually much harder to get right than people seem to think and I agree with @sh4d0wh4z3 that based on ZOS' track record they do not seem to have the expertise or inclination to pull it off. It's just not in their repertoire.

But we can't seriously believe that a slider implementation is tougher to pull off than an overland instancing system, right? Not only that, it would separate players, which ZOS doesn't want to do, and I would assume most players don't want it either.

I agree that challenge options shouldn't come with extra flash, which is part of the reason why I'd prefer to enable it through menus rather than a diegetic solution. But self-defeatism like this, which I see far too often in this thread, is like calling off the party because you forgot the balloons. If you give up before things get started, there's no way you'll have a good time.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But self-defeatism like this, which I see far too often in this thread, is like calling off the party because you forgot the balloons. If you give up before things get started, there's no way you'll have a good time.

If this thread has any impact at all, it will be because it specifies the exact nature of the problem that needs to be solved in a way that inspires the Devs to do something about it.

For my part, what I want is a questing and exploration experience in an open world Tamriel where what looks dangerous is dangerous and impacts how I face it. In short, something that lives up to the ES legacy. I think we have every reason to expect ZOS to deliver on that. They should want this for their game.

Whether ZOS achieves this by creating separate instances, difficulty sliders, a new type of system or a dedicated zone is of secondary importance to me. In any case, we're not going to be the ones deciding it. As I said, this might depend on things as prosaic as what expertise they have on the team and how many resources can be allocated.
    Edited by Muizer on August 14, 2024 11:15AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my part, what I want is a questing and exploration experience in an open world Tamriel where what looks dangerous is dangerous and impacts how I face it. In short, something that lives up to the ES legacy. I think we have every reason to expect ZOS to deliver on that. They should want this for their game.

The fact that some players want certain things doesn't mean ZoS should want them, too. There are a lot of other players, many of whom have differing opinions, to consider, too.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of players want an optional way to increase difficulty. So, ZOS should do something about it. It's losing players.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Difficulty options are mostly seen in single player games and are not commonly seen in MMOs.

I'm not against some kind of debuff being added as long as it only affects the player using it, but it's reached the point now that it's negatively affecting those of us that don't want more difficulty in overland, and that is making me less inclined to advocate for any options.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how that's anyone in this threads fault. Those things didn't happen because people asked for difficulty options. Those things happened because ZOS doesn't listen to feedback. They see a bunch of people leaving the game, and they won't listen as to why they are leaving. That's on ZOS, not on players.

It's really basic customer service. If I ask for a burger with no tomatoes and they give a giant tomato sandwich, that's not on my order. That's on the restaurant.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on August 14, 2024 6:18PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never said it was anyone in this thread's fault for asking for options. But the end result is that many of us that were happy with overland are being negatively affected by changes that have been made.

I am speaking up to advocate for those of us that have been happy with overland. We need to be considered too, and I am asking that they don't make any more changes that are negatively affecting our experience.
    PCNA
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that some players want certain things doesn't mean ZoS should want them, too. There are a lot of other players, many of whom have differing opinions, to consider, too.

But understanding and responding to players is how you remain relevant and successful as an MMO. ZOS knows what an Elder Scrolls game has been for decades and what people expect from them. By trivializing overland they're eliminating the main draw to their game for a lot of players, and it's so frustrating because they clearly put a lot of work into building content that's a hair's breadth from being great. It just has no bite whatsoever for people like me, and they could change that with a relatively simple addition.

I didn't buy Gold Road and I've canceled ESO Plus because I can no longer stomach overland, and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one. If ZOS wants my money they know exactly what to do.