Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Next years chapter

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Rich's 'we're going somewhere no one expects' was exaggerated to create hype and curiosity, because actually people have hypothesized all sorts of things: breton/redguard/imperial zones, non-Tamriel, oblivion, Tamriel but in an alternate or past time line...

But my guess is they've decided they can't fic performance in Cyrodiil, so they are deleting PvP, and turning Cyrodiil to a PvE zone for the next chapter :trollface:
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its colovia id like to see Imperial armies slaughter invading DC redgaurd armies to a man.😂 long live the Empire!!!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I wonder if Rich's 'we're going somewhere no one expects' was exaggerated to create hype and curiosity, because actually people have hypothesized all sorts of things: breton/redguard/imperial zones, non-Tamriel, oblivion, Tamriel but in an alternate or past time line...

But my guess is they've decided they can't fic performance in Cyrodiil, so they are deleting PvP, and turning Cyrodiil to a PvE zone for the next chapter :trollface:

The latest rumor mill info I heard, 2022's Chapter is going to be a more grounded storyline this time. We're steering away from Daedric Plots and returning to the Mortal machinations similar to the Thieve's Guild zone. And about PvP, apparently ZOS found exactly what causes Cyrodiil's performance issues, but rectifying the problem requires a ground up rebuild of the game. The metaphor used was, "like taking out the bottom Jenga blocks and putting them back in without the tower falling over".
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

The Alliance War in Cyrodiil will never end, if only because it would be far too difficult to redo all of the base game dialogues and get the same voice actors to record their updated lines.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope this means Zen takes their PvP community as something worth investing in. 900k conservative gamers play at the same time, all looking for a PvP home. It's been a while since the PvP community has had a solid place to call home. ESO back when it was 600v600 in Cyrodiil was the bomb. Can't even do 100v100 now.
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess - new playable dremora race.

Those dremora npcs in Deadlands DLC just look too good. Feels like there was a lot of work to make them diversyfied in many ways. Its like there is a whole new appearance creator made for them, don't belive they put so much effort just to use it for couple of npcs.

On the other hand, during a stream Rich mentioned that "playable dremora race" is something people are always asking for, so dunno if it will happen :)
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tra_Lalan wrote: »

Those dremora npcs in Deadlands DLC just look too good. Feels like there was a lot of work to make them diversyfied in many ways. Its like there is a whole new appearance creator made for them, don't belive they put so much effort just to use it for couple of npcs.

On the other hand, during a stream Rich mentioned that "playable dremora race" is something people are always asking for, so dunno if it will happen :)

It better not. That would be so goofy and lore breaking
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmetzger93 wrote: »

No, I would not expect that this will happen. Even if they add a new race, which I think odds do not favor, it would be a Nirn race, not something from Oblivion. "Snow Khajiit" has a better chance than Dremora. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    The codenames usually have some clues also. They are related to the geography of the new zones.

Volcano - Morrowind
    Red Mountain

Glacier - Summerset
    Snowy caps of Eton Nir

Mesa - Elsweyr
    The topography of Northern Elsweyr has a lot of mesas, especially areas like Ashen Scar, Stiches, etc. Basically looks like the Grand Canyon.

Scarp - Greymoor
    An escarpment. Mountains sorrounding Western Skyrim.

Badlands - Blackwood
    "extensive tracts of heavily eroded, uncultivable land with little vegetation."
    The grasslands + marshy swamps of Blackwood.

Dune - Update 34
    Someplace sandy ... or the Sands of Time. I'm guessing it's something Yokuda/Abecean/Redguard related

Abacean? It sounds like a good oportunity for some sea-related stuff!

Maybe underwater city
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    cmetzger93 wrote: »

No, I would not expect that this will happen. Even if they add a new race, which I think odds do not favor, it would be a Nirn race, not something from Oblivion. "Snow Khajiit" has a better chance than Dremora. :smile:
    Not necessarily "snow Khajiit", but if some new playable race will ever appear it would be different types of Argonians & Khajiits as we already have those as NPCs.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we are going up to Atmora to lay out some groundwork 400 years before Tiber Septim takes over Cyrodiil by helping his ancestors settle a political plot to assassinate them to stop Tiber from ever being born.

This introduces time travel.

Dune doesn't just mean sand dunes. You can have snow dunes as well aka Atmora.
  • Veloth_Redothril
    Veloth_Redothril
    ✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    Maybe we are going up to Atmora to lay out some groundwork 400 years before Tiber Septim takes over Cyrodiil by helping his ancestors

Imagine thinking that Tiber Septim was a Atmoran instead of a dirty Br*ton.

• IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we are going up to Atmora to lay out some groundwork 400 years before Tiber Septim takes over Cyrodiil by helping his ancestors

A Breton? Who would ever think that?
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if they somehow take us to Aetherius? That would be unexpected.
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭

Tiber Septim = many persons
    The main who is Hjailti is Breton
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for destinate dev redourses to remake some skilllines and improve some classes or dding new weapons instead of chapter
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bradyfjord wrote: »
    What if they somehow take us to Aetherius? That would be unexpected.

This is at the top of my speculation list, and that is why. Specifically, the Redguard afterlife, aka Far Shores, aka Far Dunes, which we saw briefly in a quest.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AlexKuczaja
    AlexKuczaja
    ✭✭
    Tensar wrote: »

Tiber Septim = many persons
    The main who is Hjailti is Breton

Actually, Hjalti Early-Beard wasn't a Breton. He was born and living in Alcaire, but that doesn't mean much in Elder Scrolls, all races can live anywhere, we met imperials on Vvardenfell and dunmer in Blackwood. And his name strongly imply that he was a Nord, so he was probably just a Nord born in High Rock.