Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

dark convergence is ruining cyrodiil

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    Disable cross healing again and just go back to standardized gameplay like in NO CP.
    Some will whinge and yell and the beginning but it's like all families and ESO is no different, concessions must be made.

ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

Ball groups are groups, cross healing has no effect on them. But cross healing can help solo players survive, and it gives solo healers a reason for playing. Also, ZOS stated that removing cross healing had a "negligible effect" on performance.

So what "concessions" are you saying need to be made?

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how about remove the pull mechanic and give it a snare?

Still annoying but better than a pull. We've been through this before though with the Ritual of Retribution snare that had to be removed.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    babykubrow wrote: »

I think removing the pull mech would render the set useless. Just make it pull once, and have it respect the protection right after you break free ecc...
    Because as of right now, you get out of one to get grabbed into another, and it's ridiculous...
    Honestly I'm surprised there's not some sort of pull immunity on the set to keep exactly that from happening. I don't think it would be too hard to make the pull apply SOME sort of CC immunity so you don't get bounced around like a pinball.

Disable cross healing again and just go back to standardized gameplay like in NO CP.
    Some will whinge and yell and the beginning but it's like all families and ESO is no different, concessions must be made.
    That's not a concession, that's cutting out solo healers who prefer to go in on their own and play by what they want to do instead of following a zerg or other group. It's also excessive and unnecessary when all they need to do to counter the overabundance of healing is make strong HoTs like Radiating Regen refresh on recast rather than stack. I truly don't understand why they haven't tried this yet, but have gone to the lengths of actively shutting down the solo healer playstyle to test the cross-healing thing (and even then that wasn't to address the overabundance of healing, it was to test if it "helped" server performance).

It's also not whinging to be upset when a playstyle you prefer is literally, 100% shut down and removed from the game.

Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Mykronic
    Mykronic
    Soul Shriven
    I'm pretty happy with the ability to counter ball groups with this set. I would disagree that it needs to be nerfed or changed. If you can't dodge roll or block in the middle of big damage, that's a you problem, not a set problem.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mykronic wrote: »
    I'm pretty happy with the ability to counter ball groups with this set. I would disagree that it needs to be nerfed or changed. If you can't dodge roll or block in the middle of big damage, that's a you problem, not a set problem.
    Except when there's lag, or desyncs, which happens all the time to a large population of the PvP playerbase. It's not a matter of just 'git gud' when the game literally won't respond to what you're trying to tell it to do.

Edit to add that the set shouldn't be able to bounce people endlessly between DC users. It really should apply some sort of CC immunity. It's meant to be a set to counter large groups, but since the pull doesn't apply CC immunity, it can also be used to hassle and run down smaller groups and solo players by forcing them to burn through their Stam for dodge-rolling. The damage from the set might not be as high against smaller groups or individuals, but I imagine it doesn't matter when you get run out of Stam to avoid the damage from skills and whatever other sets people might be using.
    Edited by Arunei on September 25, 2021 11:01PM
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »

I think removing the pull mech would render the set useless. Just make it pull once, and have it respect the protection right after you break free ecc...
    Because as of right now, you get out of one to get grabbed into another, and it's ridiculous...
    Honestly I'm surprised there's not some sort of pull immunity on the set to keep exactly that from happening. I don't think it would be too hard to make the pull apply SOME sort of CC immunity so you don't get bounced around like a pinball.

That's not a concession, that's cutting out solo healers who prefer to go in on their own and play by what they want to do instead of following a zerg or other group. It's also excessive and unnecessary when all they need to do to counter the overabundance of healing is make strong HoTs like Radiating Regen refresh on recast rather than stack. I truly don't understand why they haven't tried this yet, but have gone to the lengths of actively shutting down the solo healer playstyle to test the cross-healing thing (and even then that wasn't to address the overabundance of healing, it was to test if it "helped" server performance).

It's also not whinging to be upset when a playstyle you prefer is literally, 100% shut down and removed from the game.

It goes way farther than cutting out solo healers. Also cuts out any solo player ever being on siege when trying to take a keep and most the time while defending. When taking a keep the solo players would all hide behind something and wait for the door to go down. Those with self heals might step out and try to tag someone with a light attack before hiding again. Open field was pointless if not in a group for any solo player other than bombers.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Mykronic
    Mykronic
    Soul Shriven
    Except when there's lag, or desyncs, which happens all the time to a large population of the PvP playerbase. It's not a matter of just 'git gud' when the game literally won't respond to what you're trying to tell it to do.

Edit to add that the set shouldn't be able to bounce people endlessly between DC users. It really should apply some sort of CC immunity. It's meant to be a set to counter large groups, but since the pull doesn't apply CC immunity, it can also be used to hassle and run down smaller groups and solo players by forcing them to burn through their Stam for dodge-rolling. The damage from the set might not be as high against smaller groups or individuals, but I imagine it doesn't matter when you get run out of Stam to avoid the damage from skills and whatever other sets people might be using.

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. That logic just doesn't hold up for me when there's dozens of abilities and proc sets that cause the same exact problems when there are desyncs and lag spikes. This set is no different than any other that creates a snare or ground effect. Selene is an example of another set that is easily dodged or blocked but becomes an issue with lag spikes and desyncs. It hits like a truck under the right circumstances.

And to your edit, there is also always going to be an issue when you're outnumbered. CC is made to force you to use your resources wisely, and that's why many tout their ability to perform in 1vX scenarios.

It's a popular set and many are running it right now. Many of those run in ball groups. That's not a reason to nerf it into the ground as we have seen with many fun sets in the past.
    Edited by Mykronic on September 26, 2021 12:20AM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. That logic just doesn't hold up for me when there's dozens of abilities and proc sets that cause the same exact problems when there are desyncs and lag spikes. This set is no different than any other that creates a snare or ground effect. Selene is an example of another set that is easily dodged or blocked but becomes an issue with lag spikes and desyncs. It hits like a truck under the right circumstances.

And to your edit, there is also always going to be an issue when you're outnumbered. CC is made to force you to use your resources wisely, and that's why many tout their ability to perform in 1vX scenarios.

It's a popular set and many are running it right now. Many of those run in ball groups. That's not a reason to nerf it into the ground as we have seen with many fun sets in the past.

Correct, it needs to be nerfed because it currently does more than Ultimates. No set should be doing everything it's doing. Nerf it because it's overpowered.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence absolutely is breaking cyrodiil. I'm on the forum now because it's just unbearable to put up with 50% plus of everyone wearing this game breaking set.

Why wasn't Dark Convergence hot fixed same time Hrothgar was?
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

Correct, it needs to be nerfed because it currently does more than Ultimates. No set should be doing everything it's doing. Nerf it because it's overpowered.

It need to be removed from the game or have 2 of it's 3 mechanics removed.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the PTS Notes

PvP Sourced

Dark Convergence:
    Reduced this set's damage by approximately 59% but increased the scaling per target to 50%, up from 10%.
    Reduced the radius of the effect to 10 meters, down from 12.
    This set now pulls once after its delay, rather than twice over its duration.
    The pull now pulls all nearby targets rather than 6 per pull so that it remains effective against large groups.

Developer Comment:

Spoiler

This set is currently seeing a lot of success in its original target area of killing large groups and players who don't respect the Area of Effect. However, it's doing its job a little too well and being run in situations of low target counts, which has led to situations where the set feels too good at a general purpose rather than something more niche like Vicious Death. We're reigning in the damage a bit so it's less effective against small player counts, the radius to better match its visual effects, and the pull to reduce situations of being yo-yoed around.

Confirmed that it’s doing what it needs to do against large groups. What most of y’all clearly have a problem with us that everyone is using it in large group play. And why shouldn’t they? It’s an effective stop to both sloppy zergs who move without thinking. And it’s an effective stop to organized ball groups who move tightly together.

You can create an effective blockage of a breach by every player dropping traps at a single hole. You don’t need DC to do it. You can target people waiting on walls with cold stone trebuchets. Everything DC does can be found elsewhere. But DC is easily avoidable. By not stacking. By not immediately rushing into a breach without putting down negates. By playing not smart but rather with just common sense and you can avoid DC along with many other sets.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to go ahead and grab myself a set and see what I could do. Messed with it a couple of days and found myself paying more attention to whether or not it was ready to go off and where I should throw down something to trigger it. Went back to my normal gear last night. Had a lot more fun and did better because I got back to my regular rotation and play style. That set is toxic in a whole lot of ways. I can see players getting lazy with it and losing what PvP skills (player skills not those assigned to characters) they might have.
    It is a crutch for a lot of players and some of those players don't need the crutch. They soon will though if they don't get away from it soon.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I decided to go ahead and grab myself a set and see what I could do. Messed with it a couple of days and found myself paying more attention to whether or not it was ready to go off and where I should throw down something to trigger it. Went back to my normal gear last night. Had a lot more fun and did better because I got back to my regular rotation and play style. That set is toxic in a whole lot of ways. I can see players getting lazy with it and losing what PvP skills (player skills not those assigned to characters) they might have.
    It is a crutch for a lot of players and some of those players don't need the crutch. They soon will though if they don't get away from it soon.

There is literally a “crutch” every patch for PVP with some proc set being broken due to it being introduced or changes to the stats making it OP. True PvP skills only matter in NO CP Cyrodiil and Imperial City. If you want the pure play go there. But CP Cyrodiil has always been about using either sets or CP to compensate for lack in skill.

It takes focus and a knowledge of mechanics in order to use DC correctly. Otherwise you’re basically wasting a chain pull every few seconds. The most effective uses of DC involve pairing it with an ultimate or in a coordinated fashion players pairing DC with ally attacks. The same way in BGs those on team pair their Dawnbreakers together with other players AND time moves like scarabs to hit at the same time.
  • blxdes
    blxdes
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of this [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 26, 2021 10:07AM
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Ball groups are groups, cross healing has no effect on them. But cross healing can help solo players survive, and it gives solo healers a reason for playing. Also, ZOS stated that removing cross healing had a "negligible effect" on performance.

Heya,

I know what you mean and I've seen the reaction and also played healer/support when the change was implemented in the past, but from my own experience and some posts I've seen here throughout the years also confirmed that no cross healing patch was perhaps one of the best in terms of performance and also making the job harder for some more organised setups. So I guess we can see it both ways, hey. It might not be strict performance figures..it was just perhaps there was less synchronised action going on.

I guess my argument comes from frustration of lack of innovation in PvP and the ups and downs only to come back to something which 'disturbs' people obviously; eg: Proc set in the title of the post.

From switching from No CP to CP on numerous occasions over a 6-7 year period I've come to the personal conclusion that NO CP gameplay would probably be a better fit for the general PvP public and its restrictions to certain sets. I try to think in terms of enjoyment for all and from what I'm seeing people ain't happy about it and if they are not playing or staying AFK at gates because of the sentiment of being powerless...and that's just [snip]...right?

Concessions are things the playerbase aren't willing to make..well..almost never ;) (I know I'm one of them and just so we are clear I have no beef with any of the representations of gameplay here)

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 26, 2021 10:08AM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just because other skills and sets have the same problem doesn't mean a new set that's introduced has to be allowed to slip for the same reason. We're supposed to learn from mistakes to avoid repeating them. It would seem to me that ZOS should want to add fewer things that can be exacerbated by lag and the like. Technically ALL skills and sets in the game can be affected by these, but we all know that certain things are affected worse (a certain Bow skill comes to mind). I'm not saying the idea or concept of the set is bad, but I am saying that tweaks to make it more balanced isn't the same thing as a nerf. Change doesn't automatically equate nerf (though given ZOS' track record it's understandable when people find change/nerf synonymous, as it's usually the case).

About my edit, I wasn't talking about just being really outnumbered. I'm talking about equal size smaller groups, a few people against a few people or one other person. It's one thing to be forced into burning your Stam because you're trying to avoid skillful play or actual actions taken by your opponents. It's another thing entirely when your Stam evaporates because you're trying to avoid the proc on a set where the only real action your enemy is taking is slapping down some AoE so they can bounce you around left right and center.

And your last point just reiterates what I've said before, about how zergs and ball groups can use the same sets that ZOS tries to come up with to counter them. Most people aren't calling for it to be nerfed heavily, they're simply providing feedback about ways to balance it so it's not too OP. Like I said, one way to help would be to make it so the pull applies CC immunity for a few seconds, so you won't be yote to and fro like a leaf in a whirlwind. Another thing ZOS could do is just...make HoTs refresh instead of stack, and then they wouldn't have to keep introducing sets like DC.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we all should wear it and just nuke the devil outta cyrodiil.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. The other reason they re-enabled cross - healing a patch later is that Cyro population dwindled, as solo players & group players were not playing using same rule set. So naturally, pretty much all solo players (the ones that play alone or the ones that follow "zergs") were gone. I still remember ESO forums back then and some hilarious threads that Ball Groups were playing only vs other Ball Groups and complained basically that it is much harder to farm AP :D:joy:

^ Performance were pretty much the same, it did not matter if cross - healing was on / off. But since the population dropped significantly, I don't see ZOS disabling cross healing any time soon or most likely - ever again.

Now I see kinda similar situation with new proc sets - CP / Proc campaign is loosing players (population is getting lower), and people migrate to No CP / No Proc campaign.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 26, 2021 9:25AM
  • Mykronic
    Mykronic
    Soul Shriven
    Most people aren't calling for it to be nerfed heavily, they're simply providing feedback about ways to balance it so it's not too OP. Like I said, one way to help would be to make it so the pull applies CC immunity for a few seconds, so you won't be yote to and fro like a leaf in a whirlwind. Another thing ZOS could do is just...make HoTs refresh instead of stack, and then they wouldn't have to keep introducing sets like DC.

Your post makes a lot of sense but the point you say is NOT happening is what really worries me. ZOS tends to be kneejerk in their reactions, and if you look through this thread at the the "remove it from the game" and "this needs to be nerfed into the ground" posts, there are quite a few of them. There are not many moderate posts like yours that say "tweak it and things will be fine".
    chaz wrote: »
    blxdes wrote: »
    Get rid of this [snip]
    Dark Convergence absolutely is breaking cyrodiil. I'm on the forum now because it's just unbearable to put up with 50% plus of everyone wearing this game breaking set.

I think ZOS plays to the loud voices who say things like "crutch" and "pure PvP" and "skilled players" and things like that. My point here is that nerfing this into the ground (as has been suggested by many in this thread) will make us all lose a mechanism we have against those exploiting group mechanics against solo players, small groups and the like. I personally like this set for that and I've used it in bombing situations and defense against ball groups very successfully. I can live with tweaks, but it would be really sad to play into the hands of a few loud voices who complain in hyperbole.

A compromise? Apply CC immunity when it's used and leave it the way it is.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 26, 2021 10:10AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your post makes a lot of sense but the point you say is NOT happening is what really worries me. ZOS tends to be kneejerk in their reactions, and if you look through this thread at the the "remove it from the game" and "this needs to be nerfed into the ground" posts, there are quite a few of them. There are not many moderate posts like yours that say "tweak it and things will be fine".

Personally, I don't have a problem rolling out of the AOE the first time, the second pull is what usually kills me. And ZOS has modified the set on test to only pull once, rather than twice. It can be dealt with in the field, if you are paying attention and the lag isn't too bad.

What I take issue with is being pulled off my siege and completely out of the keep when defending it from the wall. ZOS has modified all pulling sets and skills in the past to respect the vertical barriers of walls and balconies. Why they have made an exception with this set is unknown, nor have they been willing to explain why they allow that mechanic now, when they have disabled it in the past. I'm not going to risk losing my valuable lancers and cold fire sieges to this set, and even operating an oil pot puts you in danger of being pulled to where you lose it and die to the zerg below.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. The other reason they re-enabled cross - healing a patch later is that Cyro population dwindled, as solo players & group players were not playing using same rule set. So naturally, pretty much all solo players (the ones that play alone or the ones that follow "zergs") were gone. I still remember ESO forums back then and some hilarious threads that Ball Groups were playing only vs other Ball Groups and complained basically that it is much harder to farm AP :D:joy:

^ Performance were pretty much the same, it did not matter if cross - healing was on / off. But since the population dropped significantly, I don't see ZOS disabling cross healing any time soon or most likely - ever again.

Now I see kinda similar situation with new proc sets - CP / Proc campaign is loosing players (population is getting lower), and people migrate to No CP / No Proc campaign.

Yeah you must be right, it had to have been the absences that gave better performance (no cross healing patch).
    I myself was absent when we went through the cool down tests and my character was 'unplayable' for that time so I can understand not wanting to play a patch if it affects the core aspect of your gameplay.

I personally would like to see a switch in the use of damage proc sets. I'd like to see PvE begin to be able to use them in raiding situations as it would be a great dps gap shortening path for many, but that's another topic and perhaps a whimsical desire on my behalf.

(annoy the mobs not players :p)
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on September 26, 2021 2:28PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    blxdes wrote: »
    Get rid of this [snip]

I think ZOS plays to the loud voices who say things like "crutch" and "pure PvP" and "skilled players" and things like that. My point here is that nerfing this into the ground (as has been suggested by many in this thread) will make us all lose a mechanism we have against those exploiting group mechanics against solo players, small groups and the like. I personally like this set for that and I've used it in bombing situations and defense against ball groups very successfully. I can live with tweaks, but it would be really sad to play into the hands of a few loud voices who complain in hyperbole.

A compromise? Apply CC immunity when it's used and leave it the way it is.
    I more meant in general across some of the other threads and people I've talked to in regards to saying it's not happening much that people are asking for it to be nerfed into the ground or removed, rather than in just this one thread. ZOS kneejerks all the time, but I would also like to believe (perhaps foolishly) that they will listen more to actual feedback than the people posting things that have no actual value (the "lol remove it" or "lol make it weaker" posts that don't offer anything the to discussion).

As for tweaks, I'd say the single pull, applying CC immunity for maybe 3-5 seconds, and only affecting people in horizontal AoE should be fine. It won't weaken the set to a degree where it'll be useless in one patch, but it will make it less overtuned and OP.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    Why is ZOS ignoring the fact that it pulls people off walls in Safe zones? This isn't helping break up ball groups! It's exploiting a flaw that they have introduced.
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally would also like to see it no longer pull players off of keep walls.

I've entirely stopped deploying sieges because I honestly refuse to die due to an unavoidable pull, since by the time I release my siege the set pulls me in and off the wall. It's also a really silly way to die, because they always feel like very undeserved kills.
    You're kinda forced to stay at the edge otherwise you cannot see what and who are you hitting with a siege weapon.

I witnessed countless teammates get sucked off inner defenses because they were just trying to oil the enemies below, and I feel like it isn't exactly fair.
    Edited by Marillea on September 26, 2021 7:33PM
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    I personally would also like to see it no longer pull players off of keep walls.

I've entirely stopped deploying sieges because I honestly refuse to die due to an unavoidable pull, since by the time I release my siege the set pulls me in and off the wall. It's also a really silly way to die, because they always feel like very undeserved kills.
    You're kinda forced to stay at the edge otherwise you cannot see what and who are you hitting with a siege weapon.

I witnessed countless teammates get sucked off inner defenses because they were just trying to oil the enemies below, and I feel like it isn't exactly fair.

No more fair than gap closing up to walls was fair. But ZOS doesn't care.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. This set IS ruining Cyrodiil. Because you cannot have honest fights anymore. Instead your are constantly being pulled left and right. Playing solo in Cyrodiil, I sometimes could do 1:2 or 1:3 with good maneuvering, but now I am always pulled into the hot mess I want to avoid. Whoever designed DC surely does not like honest PvP.

DC is probably the WORST PROC SET EVER DESIGNED.
    Anti-Zerg? Guess who LOVES using DC most: ZERGS and BALL GROUPS :s

Edited by BalticBlues on September 26, 2021 9:42PM
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem is that the ball groups are now running it and nuking everything. There is no roll dodging when the procs are next each other and they ignore CC immunity.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IMO, the set should function only if the wearer is not in a group and not within x meters of allies. The idea is that the zerg busting set cannot be used by zergs. This would disable it in BG's and maybe make it less obnoxious in Cyrodiil.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta learn how the stuff works. I can avoid 90% of dcon users. The smart ones use a combo aoe.

Eventually, it will go away because the set does not provide much protection.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night at Bleakers got silly. Daggerfall Covenant held Bleakers Ebonheart Pact wanted it. I was inside Bleakers healing when the spam fest began. If you were on oils you died because of Dark Convergence. If you tried to rez players that died you died to Dark Convergence. I was on the stairs (2nd from the top) and got pulled to the edge of the center ring twice. Survived once but got stuck the 2nd time. Dark Convergence was on the front door so you couldn't go out that way to try and attack. The side I was on there were players keeping Dark Convergence going pretty much all the time on the side door so no getting out there. Didn't go look at the other side. Basically we the defenders that were not dead and unreachable waited on the stairs for the attackers to come in the door so we could spam our own Dark Convergence on the opening. Then it was just Dark Convergence by all that had it on the flags until the end.

Daggerfall Covenant was close to pop locked then but after that fight players all of a sudden had somewhere else to be. Was some talk of can't wait until Tuesday as they headed out the door. Kinda hope the can't wait till Tuesday talk was just a hot headed reaction to how messed up Dark COnvergence is right now.

I'm thinking the changes on the test server might make things worse. Players need to be near each other to run a ram. Players on oils need o be near each other. Players going though a breach need to be near each other. Doors on a keep are narrower than twenty meters so Dark Convergence still covers the entire breech. It isn't feasible to trickle into a keep you are trying to take one or two at a time.
    A 2nd breech doesn't change much.