Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

dark convergence is ruining cyrodiil

• CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I get pulled by Dark Convergence it takes 2 successful dodge rolls to get out of range and avoid being killed.

Oftentimes though I press the keys and nothing happens (just like with skills and bar swaps) and I just stand there and get nuked.

that's because of lag and latency issues, another reason this set doesn't work as intended. instead of fixing the lag issues, they roll a set that doesn't work if there are lag issues. not smart
    Edited by CoronHR on September 27, 2021 5:54PM
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Knockmaker
    Knockmaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not entirely unavoidable. It may be a different story for magicka builds, though. However, as it can be seen, it has undeniably improved things regarding ball groups problem. Definitely, fewer ball groups in Cyrodiil.

Yes, it is a cheesy way of doing so. But, until zos comes up with a better solution, I think it will just have to make do as it does now.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hear you on the ball group problem, i'm all for reining them in. it would be nice, though, if it only affected them and not players who are not in a ball group, like me, as i would never play like that, as it's completely stupid
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knockmaker wrote: »
    It is not entirely unavoidable. It may be a different story for magicka builds, though. However, as it can be seen, it has undeniably improved things regarding ball groups problem. Definitely, fewer ball groups in Cyrodiil.

Yes, it is a cheesy way of doing so. But, until zos comes up with a better solution, I think it will just have to make do as it does now.

Yestarday on PC/EU there were at last two ballgroups using that set. They just run straight, spam ice wall and DC disintegrating all that happens to be in their path.
    Justy wait for others ball group to catch up on the build.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knockmaker wrote: »

Yestarday on PC/EU there were at last two ballgroups using that set. They just run straight, spam ice wall and DC disintegrating all that happens to be in their path.
    Justy wait for others ball group to catch up on the build.

They are already running rampant on the US server. Have been for a while. Any time there is a fight at Roe you can get up on the hill and watch ball groups roll down the stairs and to the farm wiping all in the path. With Dark Convergence those out of the path get sucked in. Then they circle around reload and come through again. Ball groups were always a hazard on those stairs and in other similar places but now they are much worse.
    Anywhere there is a choke point or a line of siege you can bet a ball group will be using that set to pull anyone near into their path. As a casual observer kind of fun to watch but when you want to participate in a battle it become frustrating real quick. Even if you aren't dying your not really getting much fighting done.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It solved the ball group problem because either the defenders are killed by Dark Convergence upstairs when trying to defend the keep at the inner door or they are killed outside trying to take the keep at the inner door.

It rarely gets to the point of storming the keep inside now because noone is still alive to defend.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me how Dark Convergence is allowed in Cyrodiil? Isn't it considered a proc set? I thought all proc sets were banned from Cyrodiil?
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how Dark Convergence is allowed in Cyrodiil? Isn't it considered a proc set? I thought all proc sets were banned from Cyrodiil?

Proc sets are only banned from Ravenwatch, which is now a no CP, no Proc, no Hammer campaign
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    the rest of us love the sets.
    they break up zergs and huge groups.
    i hope there is no changes to the set, its just awful that they changed it, but looks like they did change it.
    its a zerg killer and it does good work in killing zergs, it needs to stay.

^yup.

it's fun in pve too.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just dont get the logic of it being stated that proc sets scale of your own stats now rather than just a base line damage....but then dish out sets like this.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence highlights another problem with BGs: y’all stack too much. For years it’s been the group that sticks together wins.

So we should all play on our own? You are really suggesting this as a solution to DC?
    Group BG should become 1vs1 fights where people keep apart?
    I have understand well what you are suggesting?

I mean that BGs is literally 4 players directly on top of one other to stack heals, buffs, etc. It’s a flawed play design. If you had such a playstyle in any other competitive game it would get the entire group killed. A well placed explosive in Call of Duty, Battlefield, or what not would do the trick. It’s why Dawnbreaker works so well in BGs, you’re all essentially one body already and everyone gets hit, stunned, and then executed in one swipe.

BGs needs to be more than just Cyrodiil mini with mobs ruling and little actual strategy for 99% of the playing population.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if they just added 6 seconds of dark convergence immunity for using siege.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shimm wrote: »
    Yes. The nerf is incoming (see PTS notes) but I’m confused as to why they nerfed hrothgar with Monday’s patch but not dark convergence. So we’ll literally have several more weeks of this?

But there’s nothing in the patch notes about being pulled off or through walls. And since Cyrodiil on the test server is no proc, it’s a moot point.

Since it didn’t get patched on live like Hrothgar’s did, it’s safe to assume that walls will remain irrelevant for the foreseeable future.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Yes. The nerf is incoming (see PTS notes) but I’m confused as to why they nerfed hrothgar with Monday’s patch but not dark convergence. So we’ll literally have several more weeks of this?

But there’s nothing in the patch notes about being pulled off or through walls. And since Cyrodiil on the test server is no proc, it’s a moot point.

Since it didn’t get patched on live like Hrothgar’s did, it’s safe to assume that walls will remain irrelevant for the foreseeable future.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Is PTS Cyro still no proc? Are there any other fixes to Dark Convergence happening? The problem is most definitely not isolated incidents. People exploit this set regularly.
    Edited by Jameson18 on September 24, 2021 7:37PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Is PTS Cyro still no proc? Are there any other fixes to Dark Convergence happening? The problem is most definitely not isolated incidents. People exploit this set regularly.

But it’s only an exploit if ZOS says it’s unintended behavior. Since they have said nothing about how Dark Convergence interacts with players on or behind walls, it’s safe to assume that it’s working as intended.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp, to backtrack on my first post here.
    Got to experience the set during prime time. Easily the worst thing I have ever seen in PvP.

Whole groups setting DC one after the other, aoes not showing so you blow up out of nowhere, lag that gets you pulled in even tho you are clearly out, not being able to break free.

Also, 10/10 on giving it the easiest proc condition ever. Who's great idea was it to hand such a powerful set, and ask for no effort to actually use it...?

• Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭

But it’s only an exploit if ZOS says it’s unintended behavior. Since they have said nothing about how Dark Convergence interacts with players on or behind walls, it’s safe to assume that it’s working as intended.
    This is the only comment in the PTS notes:
    PvP Sourced

Dark Convergence:
    Reduced this set's damage by approximately 59% but increased the scaling per target to 50%, up from 10%.
    Reduced the radius of the effect to 10 meters, down from 12.
    This set now pulls once after its delay, rather than twice over its duration.
    The pull now pulls all nearby targets rather than 6 per pull so that it remains effective against large groups.
    Developer Comment:
    This set is currently seeing a lot of success in its original target area of killing large groups and players who don't respect the Area of Effect. However, it's doing its job a little too well and being run in situations of low target counts, which has led to situations where the set feels too good at a general purpose rather than something more niche like Vicious Death. We're reigning in the damage a bit so it's less effective against small player counts, the radius to better match its visual effects, and the pull to reduce situations of being yo-yoed around.

.. as far as the devs are concerned, Dark Convergence is performing pretty much as intended ... & basically, it’s player error when disrespecting the AoE .. so yeah, getting pulled through doors & walls is now a you problem :D

PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence highlights another problem with BGs: y’all stack too much. For years it’s been the group that sticks together wins.

So we should all play on our own? You are really suggesting this as a solution?
    Groups should become 1vs1 fights where people keep apart?

yes, yes, and yes
    that would be so awesome!
    it would reduce lagg and high ping,
    makes fights Way better,
    and would be Awesome!
    i would love that, and i know im not alone in that idea.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

So we should all play on our own? You are really suggesting this as a solution?
    Groups should become 1vs1 fights where people keep apart?

yes, yes, and yes
    that would be so awesome!
    it would reduce lagg and high ping,
    makes fights Way better,
    and would be Awesome!
    i would love that, and i know im not alone in that idea.

They call that PvE and there is several zones dedicated to that play style. You can even ask others to join you in a quick one on one fight.

That aside the comment replied to was about battle grounds and some of the battle ground scenarios necessarily require groups to stack and help each other.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't PvP very much outside of MYM (or whatever it's renamed to now), but it always gets me that ZOS never seems to consider that sets meant to counter zergs and ball groups can be used by those same zergs and ball groups. You'd think it would be easier to counter excessive healing and stuff by making HoTs refresh like when you recast them on yourself, rather than stacking like they (iirc) currently do.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we need a video of multiple Dark Convergence use during PvP to prove our point about this being abused.

I am usually too busy sieging and fighting and trying to stay alive, but I will be on the lookout for an opportunity to save any video that is a good example of this and upload and add to this post if I can.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As an official member of the Ravenwatch Tourism Bureau I welcome you to visit our fine campaign.

The lag is lower and no need to worry about these cheesy sets. It will be a nice vacation for you. And who knows, you might like it so much that you'll decide to stay!

I want to play no-proc but I don't feel like riding a horse from keep to keep looking for a fight.
  • electriczzz
    electriczzz
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time dark convergence aoes don't even show up on the floor so I don't even realize that it's there, 10/10 design
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    how about remove the pull mechanic and give it a snare?
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    how about remove the pull mechanic and give it a snare?

I think removing the pull mech would render the set useless. Just make it pull once, and have it respect the protection right after you break free ecc...
    Because as of right now, you get out of one to get grabbed into another, and it's ridiculous...

• N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lag is so bad for me that Dark Conv. half the time doesn't even pull or stun the players in the AoE.
    Not to mention half my abilities won't cast or cast with such delay theres no point in using them.
    All I can do in Cyro is spam rapid regen with a resto. Its the only thing that actually works.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe i should have put a poll in this thread, 'do you like the new set dark convergences' and a 'yes' or 'no', and maybe 'let me explain' for those who like some things about it but not others. but i guess it's too late to insert a poll
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't solve the ball group problem, it gives another tool for their ult dump. Once I saw like solid hour fight over a resource with zerg against 6 people group with 7th cloaked NB picking up people going for their tent. Every time there was DC + Colossus + Destro in one place and 6-7 zergling dropped dead. The ball group was finally defeated when a bunch of magsorcs started to negate their DCs.
    Only thing DC is good at is rolling over uncoordinated sieges or hammer wielder. To trully combat ball groups you need another ball group with all 3 cancerous sets introduced, Hrothgar, DC and Plaguebreak.
    Give us proper healing negation, buff dispel and resource drains to combat big groups instead of I-win-buttons.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disable cross healing again and just go back to standardized gameplay like in NO CP.
    Some will whinge and yell and the beginning but it's like all families and ESO is no different, concessions must be made.

Decent and long lasting ball groupers only represent about 40-50 players across the board on one given server and its obviously becoming an issue when these sets must be introduced to counter them, but at the end of the day the sets are obviously punishing all (as you can see in the multiple threads across the forum and zone chat in PvP)

Don't give us any more tests and trials, just push forward NO CP (without all those nasty sets) for a trimester for all and see what happens over time. It's a truer and more gratifying gameplay experience than 'Bazooka' rage.

Greyhost (Alliance Locked CP) is really messy, laggy and full of set abusers (don't feel targeted personally, but it's the truth), all in all this campaign is the elephant in the room.
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on September 25, 2021 5:25PM
  • Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    Im very happy with this set, and it should get buffed/ or ZoS should add more stuff like this in the game. After some time, players will get used to it. That set made my magden/magro more playable in competetive pvp.