Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

dark convergence is ruining cyrodiil

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly I see it as a fair counterplay to players using their positions above and the ease of simply taking a step back to fully heal up in a second and go back to raining down blows.

If that's the case, then they need to let us be able to to use Silver Leash, Fiery Grip, Swarm Mother, Beckoning Armor, and the like to do the same thing. And let us Leap or gap close up onto walls, too.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Frankly I see it as a fair counterplay to players using their positions above and the ease of simply taking a step back to fully heal up in a second and go back to raining down blows.

If that's the case, then they need to let us be able to to use Silver Leash, Fiery Grip, Swarm Mother, Beckoning Armor, and the like to do the same thing. And let us Leap or gap close up onto walls, too.

Except DC doesn’t pull you down from walls or you up. It just brings you to the edge. I’ve had it happen a number of times. That’s when I simply learned to roll backwards away from the wall.

Also a lot of the grief here is from basically all players using it. If it were more limited to the number of players running it there definitely wouldn’t be so much anger. It either shows that DC is a problem or perhaps more likely just play styles in PvP are a bigger issue that needs to be addressed.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its easy there is a non-proc campaign. :D
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »

With no cp :(
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ruining bgs too. Premades with 4 dark convergence is ridiculous. Even 2 is too many. The dm only queue finally got me back into playing the game but after about 5 bgs I can't even stand it and I've gone right back to not playing. It's a terrible set. It should've never been released and the devs have lost their damn minds.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    babykubrow wrote: »
    how about remove the pull mechanic and give it a snare?

I think removing the pull mech would render the set useless. Just make it pull once, and have it respect the protection right after you break free ecc...
    Because as of right now, you get out of one to get grabbed into another, and it's ridiculous...
    Honestly I'm surprised there's not some sort of pull immunity on the set to keep exactly that from happening. I don't think it would be too hard to make the pull apply SOME sort of CC immunity so you don't get bounced around like a pinball.

Youyouz06 wrote: »
    Disable cross healing again and just go back to standardized gameplay like in NO CP.
    Some will whinge and yell and the beginning but it's like all families and ESO is no different, concessions must be made.
    That's not a concession, that's cutting out solo healers who prefer to go in on their own and play by what they want to do instead of following a zerg or other group. It's also excessive and unnecessary when all they need to do to counter the overabundance of healing is make strong HoTs like Radiating Regen refresh on recast rather than stack. I truly don't understand why they haven't tried this yet, but have gone to the lengths of actively shutting down the solo healer playstyle to test the cross-healing thing (and even then that wasn't to address the overabundance of healing, it was to test if it "helped" server performance).

It's also not whinging to be upset when a playstyle you prefer is literally, 100% shut down and removed from the game.

I find the idea of a "solo healer" silly.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Off to IC I guess.

It is just as bad. Well... when there's people there. It's pretty much just DC sets, werewolves, and nightblade gankers.

Not that I dislike the nightblades and werewolves. Its fun for me to fight gankers in IC and werewolves are mostly free telvar if you have the patience to chase them around for an hour.

However, at least on console, I think realization finally hit that telvar is incredibly easy to farm with DC set.

This is consistent with what I've seen as well. I tend to not do the meta builds.

We got some other weird stuff going on too. Last night in IC, I had an NPC NB jump up on the platform and do damage to me before I killed them. I was like, wtf? They can't do that. And then I had my warden and his bear on a small door platform. While I was standing there, an enemy came through. We're not supposed to be able to hurt each other there, but my bear started slapping the poor guy around. He hopped off and then looked up like, "Dude! Your bear!"

My response: /shrug
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except DC doesn’t pull you down from walls or you up. It just brings you to the edge. I’ve had it happen a number of times. That’s when I simply learned to roll backwards away from the wall.

I guess you need to play more, then. I've been completely pulled off walls, balconies, and through doors and walls, and seen it happen to many others.

Look, I get that you like using your set and don't want to see it nerfed. But it's not a good look to claim that many folks are lying about being pulled completely out of keeps.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS just what the heck did you think by introducing this set? Cyro is totally unplayable, it is lagging as much as never before with this aoe proc set. And this removes all the fun and the little bit of skillful play of the game.

REMOVE THIS SET FROM THE GAME ASAP!
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shimm wrote: »
    I like the set. It's nice having something as counterplay.

Except 1 or 2 people can’t “counterplay” with dark convergence when facing a 12 person group with half (or more) of the group running it.

Negate. 1 person can shut it down as they try to run through a flag.

Also can someone link to a video of DC actually pulling people through walls? I played for hours and never saw this once. I see players dragged to the edges of walls and keeps. They end up roll dodging off the side but that’s more on them than the set. Like with the COH2 penultimate boss where players roll into one another.

Counter a set which procs numerous times with one class-specific ultimate? Is that what you're saying?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I gave gray host a try this evening and I want to offer a few honest opinions.
    • Dark convergence is everywhere. It is the zergs' new toy.
    • Dark convergence disrupts gameplay; any kind of flow is destroyed.
    • PVP is ruined by Dark Convergence and this is not the game I enjoyed a few weeks ago.
    • Dark Convergence needs to be removed entirely.

Like YESTERDAY. I honestly don't know if I can endure four or five more weeks of this. And honestly, the proposed changes don't make me feel any better, so what do I have to look forward to after they go live?
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except 1 or 2 people can’t “counterplay” with dark convergence when facing a 12 person group with half (or more) of the group running it.

Also can someone link to a video of DC actually pulling people through walls? I played for hours and never saw this once. I see players dragged to the edges of walls and keeps. They end up roll dodging off the side but that’s more on them than the set. Like with the COH2 penultimate boss where players roll into one another.

Counter a set which procs numerous times with one class-specific ultimate? Is that what you're saying?

Sure. It's not like you're all not already running on sorcs after taking advantage of the broken streak that absorbed all projectiles for ages.

I mean IDK what ya'll want. The pull is being dropped down to 1 in the current PTS going live. Ya'll would rather the entire set be abolished and we go back to ball groups and Zergs mindlessly doing the same thing that's been going on for years. A strategy that's boring.

There are plenty of ways to mitigate the damage (which will drop next patch) so just learn to step out. You can literally walk out of a dark convergence pull next patch. You can basically do so this patch if you learn to stop freaking out.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. The nerf is incoming (see PTS notes) but I’m confused as to why they nerfed hrothgar with Monday’s patch but not dark convergence. So we’ll literally have several more weeks of this?

Its not a nerf, its actually a buff if done right. You can now hit more than 6 targets. The aoe range was reduced from 12 to 10m and the base damage was lowered along with change to the pull mechanic of the set. However, if you hit it just right you actually can get more damage from the set with the next update.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I get pulled by Dark Convergence it takes 2 successful dodge rolls to get out of range and avoid being killed.

Oftentimes though I press the keys and nothing happens (just like with skills and bar swaps) and I just stand there and get nuked.

Don't dodge roll. Use a AoE damage reduction ability and block. I barely take any damage.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have played very little pvp since the DC came in. Just not worth the frustration.

Bring out the nerf bat please ZOS.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the People that says it barely damages you, that's not the problem. It is being interrupted and pulled around... ZOS if you read the posts in this thread PLEASE listen to us. The game was heading pvp wise in such a great direction. WHY do you guys always have to change and mix things up so freaking much every now and then.
  • BretonicBlondie
    BretonicBlondie
    Soul Shriven
    Unpopular Opinion: please ZOS, let Dark Convergence be like it is. Do not nerf it.

Once again, there comes something funny in the game, and immediately there are requests to nerf it. No please leave it untouched. And in my opinion, it is not our role as players to suggest which skill or gear must be removed or nerfed for the sake of performance.

Give me a game where hundreds of players gather violently in a storm of fire, explosions, wounded bodies of ennemies flying off walls, screaming in their fall, etc.. In short give epic giant battles, and that's it.

So, the more there are OP skills, the more there are explosions, the more the battlefield becomes massive, chaotic, loud, violent, and unpredictable, the more we are receiving what we are paying for.

Just my humble opinion.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know it's your game ZOS but I think you do it atleast 50% for the money. We as players/customers must be important in that regard. Why do you want the majority of the people to stay mad and frustrated consuming your product? I am basing this off of in game chat with people I meet and the posts on this forum. I would say it's around 85% that hate this set as it is now. You changed Hrothgar set FAST why not do it with this one? Why is no one getting back to us?
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    I know it's your game ZOS but I think you do it atleast 50% for the money. We as players/customers must be important in that regard. Why do you want the majority of the people to stay mad and frustrated consuming your product? I am basing this off of in game chat with people I meet and the posts on this forum. I would say it's around 85% that hate this set as it is now. You changed Hrothgar set FAST why not do it with this one? Why is no one getting back to us?

if the majority would hate this set, I doubt that the majority would use it.
    And this is what many people write, like "DC everywhere". Something I cannot confirm though, as I wrote some weeks ago, I died most often by subterranean assault, boneyard and other skills.

There is a relatively small, but vocal minority of players complaining here (e.g. just 25 likes of the first post).
    I hope that ZOS does not make the same mistake as in other situations before, ruining the gameplay for a majority just because a few people cry "nerf, nerf, nerf".
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 29, 2021 2:53PM
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭

And this is what many people write, like "DC everywhere". Something I cannot confirm though, as I wrote some weeks ago, I died most often by subterranean assault, boneyard and other skills.

There is a relatively small, but vocal minority of players complaining here.
    I hope that ZOS does not make the same mistake as in other situations before, ruining the gameplay for a majority just because a few people cry "nerf, nerf, nerf".

I don't play Cyrodil that much but I can ASSURE you in PC EU there is a handfull of the same people running DC. The majority does not and every other match someone is complaining about it. Don't know about NA or console though
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭

There is a relatively small, but vocal minority of players complaining here.

I don't play Cyrodil that much but I can ASSURE you in PC EU there is a handfull of the same people running DC. The majority does not and every other match someone is complaining about it. Don't know about NA or console though

Oh and I thing I thought about ZOS. If it's hard to decide whatever group of people you cater to. Just add a no proc BG or a no DC campaign cp/no cp. That way everyone can choose where they want to play. With or without this set
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of the function of the set, as it was meant to be used agains ball groups. Now of course all ball groups use it. I think it should have been a siege weapon with same function instead. Then it might have worked better for what it was meant to do.

But yes, i admit the set is fun to use. Also fun in dungeons. Not balanced or sensible, just fun.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    I like the idea of the function of the set, as it was meant to be used agains ball groups. Now of course all ball groups use it. I think it should have been a siege weapon with same function instead. Then it might have worked better for what it was meant to do.

But yes, i admit the set is fun to use. Also fun in dungeons. Not balanced or sensible, just fun.

That would be cool to have a siege weapon like that.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should have been a siege weapon with same function instead.

This.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also a lot of the grief here is from basically all players using it. If it were more limited to the number of players running it there definitely wouldn’t be so much anger. It either shows that DC is a problem or perhaps more likely just play styles in PvP are a bigger issue that needs to be addressed.

I've heard it's bugged to the point where it's pulled players of the third floor of keeps. I wouldn't know myself since I dropped CP soon after they added the set.

Sure. It's not like you're all not already running on sorcs after taking advantage of the broken streak that absorbed all projectiles for ages.

I mean IDK what ya'll want. The pull is being dropped down to 1 in the current PTS going live. Ya'll would rather the entire set be abolished and we go back to ball groups and Zergs mindlessly doing the same thing that's been going on for years. A strategy that's boring.

There are plenty of ways to mitigate the damage (which will drop next patch) so just learn to step out. You can literally walk out of a dark convergence pull next patch. You can basically do so this patch if you learn to stop freaking out.

Yes. :p
    Edited by neferpitou73 on September 29, 2021 3:28PM
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭

I've heard it's bugged to the point where it's pulled players of the third floor of keeps. I wouldn't know myself since I dropped CP soon after they added the set.

Yes. :p

Aye for me too!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 29, 2021 4:19PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »

With no cp :(

And no players
    PS4NA
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be cool to have a siege weapon like that.
    I think it should have been a siege weapon with same function instead.

This.

VuCl5gk6_nUFxU0WvtM6H_nxDCWTzqmpKehBpReuSAtrbkCmRxZMKjS4KNasG9emyQ=w412-h220-rw
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I’ve seen some players are using volcanic rune to proc Dark Convergence on the upper tier of a keep. The orb then pulls the player to the very edge which is usually either a corner or ledge.

It is a this point a player usually freaks out. Instead of roll dodging back or walking out they roll right off the edge. They’re usually quite freaked because unlike getting hit on flat open terrain their escape vector is cut by 25-50% due to the ledge.

Now there is also the slim possibility that DC is landing on the very sliver of a raised portion of the keep looking down. That raised portion keeps players from simply walking off the edge. Players are being pulled on to that and getting stuck for a second. If that’s the case then the fix is really going overboard to nerf the entire set and rather to adjust that all ground attacks can’t proc there.

As for pulling through actual walls I have never once seen that occur nor had it occur. To pull opposing players through a wall would be a huge problem and if it were like players are saying we would see a group of individuals using it to cheat and steal scrolls from keeps.

Again I’ve seen neither an occurrence of that nor anyone taking a keep doing so.

Dark Convergence does it’s job well. As per the current PTS notes it will be more targeted toward taking down large groups with a slightly smaller ranger, a single initial pull, and less initial damage but more compounded damage. It’s very much functioning as it should.

Its effectiveness in the field is only compounded by the fact that Zergs basically act like ball groups and in huge swarms can be treated the same way. A smart zerg either spreads itself about or has players always on the periphery to mitigate casualties. A dumb zerg stacks all 20 players on a ram and if they don’t currently die from DC they get killed by oils poured on them with a dose of a lancer at close range.

When players learn not to do certain things they negate the effectiveness of this set, including the pulls. And thus opponents stop using it. But when you continue to ball up expect either a DC or a bomber to come and try and kill you.

And I know players can adapt because I see at every resource flag with a zerg “Spread Out”. You know what can come and wipe you all out with a well done Vicious Death bomber. Expect what can happen with DC and counter with it.