The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP unplayable

esogamer2021
esogamer2021
✭✭✭
Anyone else just constantly experiencing this ? The game lag is getting worse and worse and skill don’t go off when you press them , I know eso have said they Will have new server hardware (not new servers ) but I don’t see how this will make
Any difference to the game performance , I’m 4 years in the game I mainly play PVP but the last 12 months it’s just become totally unplayable from a PVP perspective, they said proc sets didn’t make any difference to lag yet I personally find it does during live Play especially as peak times in the afternoon evening when the Majority of people
Play , I know eso don’t like any negativity about the game but players need to be More open And honest about the game experience and just how bad it really is , I’ve got hours and hours of footage of game lag ,dc , blue screen ect and they don’t seem To care , anyone else experiencing the same as it can’t just be me ? Especially during prime time play in cyrodiil it’s very difficult to play at all
Edited by esogamer2021 on July 5, 2021 9:50AM

PVP unplayable 242 votes

Game unplayable
75%
GilvothStxSluggySCarverOrneAlendrinsonicsixxaraanIruil_ESONeillMcAttackDTStormfoxSpell-Slingereovogtb16_ESOmanny254AektannMalthornestarlizard70ub17_ESOmark.alexander5neb18_ESOfalcasternub18_ESOREiiGN15boldscot 182 votes
Game ok
24%
belial5221_ESOGlassHalfFullhaploeb14_ESOJanus_Cruentialanmatillab16_ESOKitLightningCronopolyLarsSstuartx13AdernathjarlragnarAtreyixEllieBlueBald_templarLumsdenmlRex-UmbraJykelHallothielBallcapOutLaw_Nynx 60 votes
  • esogamer2021
    esogamer2021
    ✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    Even seige doesn’t alway work either
  • Freeflyer212
    Freeflyer212
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else just constantly experiencing this ? The game lag is getting worse and worse and skill don’t go off when you press them , I know eso have said they
    Will have new server hardware (not new servers ) but I don’t see how this will make
    Any difference to the game performance , I’m 4 years in the game I mainly play PVP but the last 12 months it’s just become totally unplayable from a PVP perspective, they said proc sets didn’t make any difference to lag yet I personally find it does during live Play , I know eso don’t like any negativity about the game but players need to be More open And honest about the game experience and just how bad it really is , I’ve got hours and hours of footage of rashes lag dc and they don’t seem
    To care , anyone else experiencing the same as it can’t just be me ?

Expecting gamers to be honest at the risk of offending corporate because of fear their game will be taken away? Ha
  • esogamer2021
    esogamer2021
    ✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    So giving honest genuine feedback will mean your game will be taken away ?
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    I am able to understand and endure how working Cyro with mass ppl, but lags, poor BG quality? Nope
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    I dont understand how they as a company that provides a service can even promote events like Midyear Mayhem, when even without the event, Cyrodiil has been in a state for over 5 years that should not be acceptable by the standard of any game developer. I dont understand how even they can charge people for a game that is in this state. I love ESO and play it a lot and started in Cyrodiil but havent been there regularly since vr ranks were taken away and the lag began.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot between unplayable and the game is ok. I find it very playable but far from OK.
  • esogamer2021
    esogamer2021
    ✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    I just wanted to see what other people’s opinions are that’s all , in cyrodiil daily the zone chat is just full of people commenting on the lags the dc, skills not working that’s daily , I know few PVE players have had issues with trails etc but I mainly see this effects cryodiil Not just from my own personal experience but also from others who play PVP daily but I wanted to see and hear other players genuine opinions about this and I hope that eso understand this
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    Where is my money going?
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game ok
    Been getting some horrendous lag at times but mostly it's been tolerable. Honestly, I'd say it's much the same as it was 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 year ago.

Ended up switching to No CP the last couple of days, where theres like 5-10% of the server population CP has and everything runs great. And it's a lot more fun then I thought it would be.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Ended up switching to No CP the last couple of days, where theres like 5-10% of the server population CP has and everything runs great. And it's a lot more fun then I thought it would be.

I think this speaks volumes.

"The game plays great... when I'm in a super low-pop server in a PvP mode that's supposed to support way higher numbers."

I'm glad you're having fun and, in situations where the game does run smoothly, it's awesome. But when you have to neuter the player count to get "acceptable" performance, that's mind-boggling ridiculous to me.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    If on one of the event only campaigns which isn't as populated, its OK. But as soon as we moved to the Standard campaign last night, I couldn't break free or roll dodge or block--which means certain death.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game ok
    khajiit ran with 60 folks for 2 hours on Friday night, and got 275k ap. Performance was awesome too.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    The problem with the game might be difficult to diagnose, but I refuse to believe it takes literal years to fix. How many more years do we need to wait to have a game that works?

I don't know how anyone can defend this anymore.
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    The performance is bad even at being bad. I do not know what to do to have an enjoyable experience in PvP anymore.

Unplayable 90% of the time, I had to get rid of gap closers as my character always got stuck in animations or charged at an enemy that went behind a wall, so I would be stuck running against it.

Edited by Marillea on July 4, 2021 8:49AM
  • TTHHORR
    TTHHORR
    ✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    Anytime I try Cyrodiil I am completely baffled and astonished at the level of masochism people playing there have. Or do they not have lag? Do they not play other games to know how a game should run? Stockholm Syndrome? Skills firing with 2-5 second delay, cannot switch bars, skills not firing, literally everything registering late... If you guys tried a free game in an alpha state that had this performance you would find it absolutely unacceptable, but here some people actually pay monthly subscription to purely play pvp? I'm seriously baffled.

That said, BGs and IC have been working great, even during the MYM. Had absolutely zero lag. There pvp is fun, even when you're losing because you know you lost to someone's skill/build and not the server. So when I go from there to Cyrodiil... the contrast is so strong that it's almost disgusting. I'm wondering if ZOS should just scrap the concept because it'll only keep bringing negative light to ESO anytime pvp is mentioned.

Edited by TTHHORR on July 4, 2021 1:28AM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game unplayable
    Some people experience extreme lag in Cyrodiil and IC while others don't for some reason. That's the real balance issue.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    Blackreach campaign on PC NA-server was beyond unplayable today and I've never seen it be this bad before. I keep saying it but it just feels like it's getting worse and worse.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game ok
    Based on the experience in our guild, lag depends on many things some which the player can influence.
    1. addons
    2. graphics settings
    3. computer capacity, memory may the most important one.
    4. internet connection
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    Unplayable during prime time for sure, even out side of cyrodiil duels are unresponsive.
    If we had midyear server performance all year that would be a dream
  • Túrin_Vidsmidr
    Túrin_Vidsmidr
    ✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    Making the same forum threads is fun but futile. Instead of accepting it as part of Cyrodiil keep reporting the trash performance to Support so it shows up on their statistics as customer dissatisfaction. 7 years of the server in 1 video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGOTIt2wJXs
    The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game unplayable
    I watch build videos on Youtube and their showcases in action - and for some reason all those showcases have good performance... So I gear up my characters within the build idea, go to Cyrodiil and:

- my ultimate often doesn't go off even when I stand next to enemy player
    - my abilities often have cast time even if they should be instant
    - I can't land some of abilities on enemy who is moving even if I move next to them
    - if I take damage and dodge roll, I can't activate any ability (even my self-target heal). But enemies have no problems in continuing to deal damage to me all this time, so I have to dodge again - and I end up dead anyway, cause I can't cast any ability.

Sometimes I can land attacks of course, and sometimes I can kill enemy. But it's not smooth at all. I really don't understand how build creators manage to showcase their gameplay without any lag :/ Nothing sucks more than when you want to try new build and practise it, but lag always stops you.

There seems no point in this, cause I can simply wear whatever gear and use whatever skills - I die in lag anyway, sooner or later :(
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    Came back July 3rd (a saturday on the evening like 10 pm)

Lag was brutal, can't remember last it was this bad - pre the "vamp drain" stun meta, at least.
    Nothing works in terms of casting skills/abils, input lag/delays in the 550-650 ms area according to CMX analyze tool.

Gonna be hard to get me back in after this.
  • esogamer2021
    esogamer2021
    ✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    I love playing eso it’s the main game I play daily and I know it has a lot of issues for player so this isn’t a bash post at eso I just wanted to see how other feel about the game experience and it seems A lot of people can relate to the issues I have daily especially in cryodill for PVP
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    PC EU is already hard enough to fill end game PvE raids within the French community...then you try PvP with them as a work around only to lag like big ol' dummy...I'm running out of options here too.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    PvP is becoming worse for every second, cant break free roll dodge or cast skills.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    The game is completely fine! As long as you're not fighting anything

Edit:
    Or approach a large fight at a keep
    Or port at the wrong time
    Or use a gap closer
    Or try to use more than 1 or 2 abilities back to back.
    Edited by techyeshic on July 4, 2021 12:52PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the game might be difficult to diagnose, but I refuse to believe it takes literal years to fix. How many more years do we need to wait to have a game that works?

I don't know how anyone can defend this anymore.

They don't prioritize fixes. That is the core problem, not how long the fix would take if someone really worked on it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ksbrugh
    ksbrugh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had another player accuse me of cheating because we got into a 1v1 that started to lag out real bad. We were down over the hill just below Nikel outpost and there was a major battle going on up the hill at Nik and Roe. So anyway this is what happened after a few minutes none of my attacks were doing any damage to him and none of my heals worked. He finally killed me, he got on his horse went to run away and fell over dead off of his horse. He messaged me and sent me a screenshot, his death recap was all my damage I did to him. Say what right lol. Xbox
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    log.
    queue.
    wait.
    crash during queue.
    log again.
    queue again.
    wait again.
    crash during queue again.
    repeat x times.
    finally get into cyro.
    line up a good bomb.
    get lagged out.
    skills dont fire.
    everything stops.
    do a little dance.
    crash.
    repeat.
    seems a bit janky. ps4/na
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game unplayable
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I watch build videos on Youtube and their showcases in action - and for some reason all those showcases have good performance... So I gear up my characters within the build idea, go to Cyrodiil and:

- my ultimate often doesn't go off even when I stand next to enemy player
    - my abilities often have cast time even if they should be instant
    - I can't land some of abilities on enemy who is moving even if I move next to them
    - if I take damage and dodge roll, I can't activate any ability (even my self-target heal). But enemies have no problems in continuing to deal damage to me all this time, so I have to dodge again - and I end up dead anyway, cause I can't cast any ability.

Sometimes I can land attacks of course, and sometimes I can kill enemy. But it's not smooth at all. I really don't understand how build creators manage to showcase their gameplay without any lag :/ Nothing sucks more than when you want to try new build and practise it, but lag always stops you.

There seems no point in this, cause I can simply wear whatever gear and use whatever skills - I die in lag anyway, sooner or later :(

The secret is that you need to have a good solid stable and fast connection. Most people have high bandwidth connections (myself included). But bandwidth isn't what's important here. Stability, reliability, and speed are. Without that and all other things being equal you will always be at a disadvantage against anyone that does have them. You'll have to adjust your builds and playstyle to compensate for this. The most common approach is to tank up and play in coordinated groups.

On top of that there is always the issue of the servers themselves. Often they just get bogged down and nothing works for anyone. I can assure you nobody is making content videos or showcasing gameplay at times like these unless they are trying to show just how bad it can get at times in some sort of rant video.