The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tel Galen & Jode's Embrace

Lady_Galadhiel
Lady_Galadhiel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Finally,they will be both back on the crown store,Tel Galen from July 8 to July 22 and Jode's Embrace during the Pan-Elsweyr Celebration.
I know a lot of people waiting for these specific homes,so my question to you is; which one will you get?

Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
ESO plus status: Cancelled
ESO currently uninstalled.

Tel Galen & Jode's Embrace 144 votes

Tel Galen
15%
chuck-18_ESOsamueltannerb14_ESOCyberOnEsoTX12001rwb17_ESOElvenheartMasterSpatulaJenzicmetzger93LucjanDrathlykinguardiancolossalvoidsSeaGtGruffspartaxoxoBoraxFluxGenjiraXSpawniaqsupersonic_kittenAllegedParadigmFenris_Arainai 22 votes
Jode's Embrace
11%
red_emuWise_WillTairenSoulSjumyskyrim26daemondamianTharonilSylvermynxtrackdemon5512Alchimiste1HapexamendiosTenthirty2ArtiamusLady_Galadhielmuonlinei2klipy 16 votes
Both
5%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESODaiKahnParasaurolophusPrayingSeraphWildRaptorXhashiiEllimist_EntreriPaulytnz 8 votes
I am waiting for other homes to return
19%
ApoAlaiacheeseaddictLonestryderGarishcyclonus11RyuuhimewaterfairyFLuFFyxMuFFiNCoffeenutsSambucca1973LaughingGremlinmazeikeenNotaDaedraWorshipperAndre_NoirNevidyrarootkitroninsunny668EnnuiNyxGrandchamp1989amertuim 28 votes
None
48%
Caligamy_ESOdcam86b14_ESOThorntongueMrGhostyIruil_ESOZigoSidGythralKhenarthiwheresbesGroufmagnusthorekpriestnall.andrewrwb17_ESOSheezabeaststarkerealmMorgha_KulBriolaseOlauronAdernathCaffeinatedMayhemEnemy-of-Coldharbour 70 votes
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    I chose both but this only happens if there is also a crown sale. No Crown sale and zero will be bought. So here's hoping!
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    Paulytnz wrote: »
    I chose both but this only happens if there is also a crown sale. No Crown sale and zero will be bought. So here's hoping!

That would be great indeed,I don't have too high hopes as I did hear from several people that crown sales normally happen in August,so not sure.
  • Sambucca1973
    Sambucca1973
    ✭✭✭
    The only home left that I want is Thieves’ Oasis. AFAIK, it hasn’t been available for quite a while. Or, if they come out with something more Dwemer-themed than what is currently avaioable.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Tal Galen has and always will look like globs of Flesh Antronach flesh. If it didn't look like that, I would get it.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    Tal Galen has and always will look like globs of Flesh Antronach flesh. If it didn't look like that, I would get it.
    The interior looks nice and I like the port outside,but I won't get it as I already want Jode's Embrace.

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    I haven't bought any crown-exclusive house, and I don't need to. I've bought my sinister Ebonheart Chateau for gold back when housing was introduced, and it serves me well :)
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I haven't bought any crown-exclusive house, and I don't need to. I've bought my sinister Ebonheart Chateau for gold back when housing was introduced, and it serves me well :)

Fair enough, I know lots of you folks aren't into housing, that's why I included the option none.
    Otherwise I would have posted it in the housing forum section.

I haven't bought yet any of the 3 large manors what we can get for gold but if I would it probably would be the one in Reaper's March.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    Jode's Embrace - IF there's a crown sale. I also need crowns for the crow merchant. Among other things.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    Already got Jode's huggies, but I have been waiting for Tel Galen since it first went off sales. That's a few years waiting, so... <3<3<3
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Jode's Embrace - IF there's a crown sale. I also need crowns for the crow merchant. Among other things.

Sometimes I think that this game is for the filthy rich. At least I feel very poor more often than not. Luckily I have few expenses... :-P
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    The only home left that I want is Thieves’ Oasis. AFAIK, it hasn’t been available for quite a while. Or, if they come out with something more Dwemer-themed than what is currently avaioable.

Also waiting for the Oasis. It is an interesting place. Almost like a small town, like that Forge-place in Wrothgar. Yet another home I am waiting for. *tries to figure out how many days one can live on one portion of noodles* :-P
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace

Also waiting for the Oasis. It is an interesting place. Almost like a small town, like that Forge-place in Wrothgar. Yet another home I am waiting for. *tries to figure out how many days one can live on one portion of noodles* :-P

I am also waiting for the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto what I hope will return this year too ^_^
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on June 30, 2021 9:25PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Sometimes I think that this game is for the filthy rich. At least I feel very poor more often than not. Luckily I have few expenses... :-P

I'm not rich. I'm comfortable - and retired, so actually on a fixed income (though it's a decent fixed income - husband retired from the State of Nevada at 60 with 30 years in). And I have "play money" from the few website management clients I have left, which is what I generally buy extra crowns with, over and above my subs.
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    I've wanted the mushroom house for my Telvanni since I stumbled upon it when exploring Vvanderfell... :)
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got Tel Galen when it first came out and that is plenty for me because I'm pretty casual about housing. So an "Other" response feels better to me than "No".

For everyone just getting it now, please enjoy the complimentary treasure chest and harvesting nodes on the run to Sadrith Mora, and I can't wait to see what you more serious housing people do with it :)
    PC NA
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    I think I currently have..... at least 4 undecorated crown store houses. I won't be buying anything else until the Chapel drops and I'm still on the fence about that one.

Jodes is tempting, I love the exterior part. But the entrance/ interior section doesn't interest me at all.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    I already have Jode’s Embrace. Been waiting for Tel Galen for a long time.
    Edited by GenjiraX on July 1, 2021 12:57AM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like my Tel Galen. One of the few notable homes you can actually fill somewhat comfortably with the furnishing limit.
    Of course I think the house could be better, like the suites and workshop not being called that but having a neutral name instead. And it would have been better if the tower had an actual collision box all the way to the top so you can build around the tower, but sadly you can't and will fall in if you go too high.
    Some proper Dunmer themed boats would match the harbour part in the backyard well. The small master angler boats are nice, but just won't do. A bigger one, like the one in the Bal Foyen Dockyard would be nice to have there (even if you couldn't go below deck).

All in all I think it's overpriced and a bit more on the ugly side, so unless you love the Telvanni aesthetic I couldn't recommend.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    If I were to get one, Jode's Embrace.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    As a Dunmer main Tel Galen is a must have.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    They're both fantastic homes and I do like them....but I am afraid I don't usually have a lot of money on the regular to spend, so I try not to get crown-exclusive homes unless my heart is deadset on them.

My heart is rather deadset on that new cathedral in Blackwood, so I want to try and save my crowns for that instead.

But if I had all the crowns in the world, I would totally buy Jode's Embrace, as it is gorgeous. The Telvanni Tower I'm less enthused by, because it's one of those styles that has to grow on you (heh get it?). :D
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only home I'm actually want is Forgemaster's falls. I got my obsession already - Dawnlight Palace, and yes it's still like 50% done for more then a year
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    This month will cost a lot.

I've waited very long for Jode's embrace, so this is a must have for building up my zen palace.

Then there are those stupid crows I really want to have and the new DDD Outfit <3

Almost forgot the furniture pack with the cat statue!

After that I will need a shopping break for a long time....until next showcase maybe :smiley:
  • supersonic_kitten
    supersonic_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    I voted Tel Galen because I've wanted to get it ever since I first saw it but it's very unlikely I will be getting it anyway considering how expensive such houses are.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    I voted Tel Galen because I've wanted to get it ever since I first saw it but it's very unlikely I will be getting it anyway considering how expensive such houses are.

Tel Galen costs 8K crowns so it's one of the houses you could eventually get with gold.
    Not saying it's cheap tho 😅
    Jode's Embrace is 14k if I remember correctly.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    I was hoping Tel Galen would be brought back during the Tribunal event, and was disappointed when it wasn't. Even though I don't need another home in Vvardenfell, I've been wanting to get this one ever since I first started playing ESO a few months after the Morrowind chapter was released.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen

Tel Valen is "only" 8000 Crowns for the unfurnished version, which is fairly inexpensive as Crowns-only houses go.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • supersonic_kitten
    supersonic_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Tel Valen is "only" 8000 Crowns for the unfurnished version, which is fairly inexpensive as Crowns-only houses go.

Well, that's nice. I didn't know that. If they made it available just a couple months earlier, I'd be very happy. Problem is that even with it being that inexpensive as far as houses go, considering how out of control crown/gold prices currently are on PC EU it still remains unachievable for me.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I quite like both of them for different reasons, but I don't need them at present.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Tel Galen is hideous even for a Telvanni like me. Jode's Embrace is nice on the front door panorama, but feels super-tiny on the inside 'til you get to the very spacious "backyard" with that heavy-on-eyes orange sky
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.