The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tel Galen & Jode's Embrace

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    It is mine, all mine! Now I just have to figure out what to do with it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    It is mine, all mine! Now I just have to figure out what to do with it.

Nice 😊 Have fun decorating your new home.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    I managed to sell an expensive furnishing duplicate and bought it with coins! I'm thrilled!
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I haven't bought any crown-exclusive house, and I don't need to. I've bought my sinister Ebonheart Chateau for gold back when housing was introduced, and it serves me well :)

Fair enough, I know lots of you folks aren't into housing, that's why I included the option none.
    Otherwise I would have posted it in the housing forum section.

I haven't bought yet any of the 3 large manors what we can get for gold but if I would it probably would be the one in Reaper's March.

This reply readss like you believe one can not be "into housing" if one does not own or purchase crown store houses. I'm assuming this is not how you meant? Just because someone has one of the big houses that can be bought for gold and they are content with that, that doesn't necessarily equate to them being uninterested in housing.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a Dunmer main Tel Galen is a must have.

I’m not just a Dunmer main, I am a Dunmer account.

I bought Tel Galen when it first became available. It is The only purchase I have ever regretted.

I thought that I could deal with the way that they have butchered the Telvanni aesthetic. Over time it has bugged me more and more, rather than less.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    As a Dunmer main Tel Galen is a must have.

I’m not just a Dunmer main, I am a Dunmer account.

I bought Tel Galen when it first became available. It is The only purchase I have ever regretted.

I thought that I could deal with the way that they have butchered the Telvanni aesthetic. Over time it has bugged me more and more, rather than less.

I dislike the outside of Tel Galen but the inside is beautiful as well as the port.
    But I wouldn't know what to do with it so I pass on buying it as I have other plans with other houses :)
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    Bat wrote: »
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I haven't bought any crown-exclusive house, and I don't need to. I've bought my sinister Ebonheart Chateau for gold back when housing was introduced, and it serves me well :)

Fair enough, I know lots of you folks aren't into housing, that's why I included the option none.
    Otherwise I would have posted it in the housing forum section.

I haven't bought yet any of the 3 large manors what we can get for gold but if I would it probably would be the one in Reaper's March.

This reply readss like you believe one can not be "into housing" if one does not own or purchase crown store houses. I'm assuming this is not how you meant? Just because someone has one of the big houses that can be bought for gold and they are content with that, that doesn't necessarily equate to them being uninterested in housing.

I didn't mean it like that not at all.
    I know people who only like medium size/small homes therefor they only buy the ones with gold and own like 20-30 homes all fully decorated.
    Or people who love experimenting with inn rooms.
    My reply was more going towards the people who own one main house (no matter what house if crown store or not) and fully decorate that one,but aren't really into housing that much to buy more houses and decorate them.
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    None
    I'm allergic to mushrooms so Tel Galen is a pass for me, makes me itch just by looking at it XD

Jode's Embrace is very cool, though I'm not too fond of that type of architecture and it's unfortunate that the water in that zone looks muddy.

Truth is, I'd like to buy another house, but so far the one I like the most is the Alpine Gallery that, ironically, I got for free.

Btw, do we have any news/spoiler about the house that supposedly was a morph of the rock pet?
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    wheresbes wrote: »
    I'm allergic to mushrooms so Tel Galen is a pass for me, makes me itch just by looking at it XD

Jode's Embrace is very cool, though I'm not too fond of that type of architecture and it's unfortunate that the water in that zone looks muddy.

Truth is, I'd like to buy another house, but so far the one I like the most is the Alpine Gallery that, ironically, I got for free.

Btw, do we have any news/spoiler about the house that supposedly was a morph of the rock pet?

Not that I would knew about but a friend in game told me he heard about some deadric tower as house,maybe located in the Q4 DLC zone,dunno.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    I missed Jode's Embrace when it appeared, and I was dreaming about it since that time. This time I already saved crowns to get it, and also furniture budle.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am waiting for other homes to return
    I took a tour of Tel Galen and wasn't impressed...the rooms are small and almost identical to each other. That upper room is especially too small and lackluster considering you have to take a magic pad to get there...was half expecting something similar to Neloths home in Skyrims expansion
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Tel is enormous but lacks inside the home
    Jodes embrace is also huge but lacks any outside space and the odd placement of that shrine is a deal breaker
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tal Galen has and always will look like globs of Flesh Antronach flesh. If it didn't look like that, I would get it.

Yes. YES. I went to look at it yesterday because I adore the idea of a mushroom house, but it does look like it's made of lumps of low resolution flesh. It's like everything in Dunmer Land has to be rough and unpleasant.

Then I went inside. More lumps of flesh present, and the walls trigger my trypophobia. Nope. NOPE.

I'll just have to build my own mushroom house.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    Tal Galen has and always will look like globs of Flesh Antronach flesh. If it didn't look like that, I would get it.

Yes. YES. I went to look at it yesterday because I adore the idea of a mushroom house, but it does look like it's made of lumps of low resolution flesh. It's like everything in Dunmer Land has to be rough and unpleasant.

Then I went inside. More lumps of flesh present, and the walls trigger my trypophobia. Nope. NOPE.

I made a mushroom roof in my Exorcised Coven Cottage,did work out pretty good.
    Not a full mushroom house but sort of.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I like parts of the mushroom house, but really dislike the fungus (yes, I know but I'm talking about the bubbly parts). I already have 3 houses in Elswyer (inn, meadow and free). I don't see a need for a 4th, but if they could move Jode's to almost any other zone, it would definitely be on my list.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    Funghi are intriguing lifeforms, I liked them in Skyrim & Vvardenfell, so, it's a kind of nostalgic value to me.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    None
    I like them both, but they are too big. They would be OK for guilds or families, but there is no support for that, so they feel empty, like a graveyard. the limit for NPCs is very small and the walking mode make them look like robots. If only they could use some facilities and have free roam - you could set an area where they could walk.
    I wish ZOS would start selling smaller homes, more immersive and incorporated into the world like it was at the beginning, also it could be conntected to cool questing areas with memories from those quests like the cottage in Blackreach with a lab with a lot of mushrooms, a small home in Stitches, small hideout among Dragonguards.
    or someone had an idea that it could be even made like a business RP house - labs, gardens, ZOOs, taverns with special cool equipments.
    Also I wish they wouldn't make the same mistake like at the beginning - to have 2 houses in 1 city or to have all houses in the zone from the same race.
    But I don't know, maybe they have datas that people wouldn't buy it?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None

Now that you mention it, it does kind of look more like flesh than mushroom stuff. And I didn't notice the trypophobia parts until you mentioned it either. It's definitely a niche sort of house.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    ZOS, we need to talk about how we went from this

ZEeEhzU.png

to this

C1GKsEY.png

Why are the Telvanni towers in ESO covered in diseased intestines?
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS, we need to talk about how we went from this

ZEeEhzU.png

to this

C1GKsEY.png

Why are the Telvanni towers in ESO covered in diseased intestines?

both look like poo to me but that's because I don't have nostalgia for morrowind....oblivion was my first love <3
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    I still regret buying Tel Galen, and that is why I didn't buy Jode's Embrace. Jode's at least doesn't look like an oversize Flesh Colossus, but I don't have a clear vision for either home. I wish we could sell houses.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I would get Tel Galen, but it has too many problems.

First of all, the interior layout is awkward, and difficult to arrange furnishings in comfortably.
    Second, it's surprisingly small, given the size and cost.
    Third, there's NO BALCONY. A universal feature of all the Telvanni towers in ES3 was that they had balconies.
    Fourth, it's absurdly expensive. There's no way I would pay $150 for that.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »

First of all, the interior layout is awkward, and difficult to arrange furnishings in comfortably.
    Third, there's NO BALCONY. A universal feature of all the Telvanni towers in ES3 was that they had balconies.

This. I want to like it. But 10k crowns??!??!!? Nope.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    If I were going to spend that kind of money I would have bought Potentate's Retreat when it was up a couple a weeks ago. I like it far better than either of these but couldn't justify the money.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    Destai wrote: »

This. I want to like it. But 10k crowns??!??!!? Nope.

Is that for the furnished version? Unfurnished was only 8k.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

where'd you pull that amount from? For $150 you can buy 21k crowns....tel galen costs 8k crowns
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the though process behind Tel Galen at all. It really does look like intestines.

I'd buy it for gold as a novelty value house, so fugly I'd have to have it kind of thing. But to spend real money? What the heck no.

#morehousesforgoldpls
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waiting for Princely Dawnlight Palace in Hew's Bane to make a return
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I couldn't help but laugh as I scrolled thru the featured crown item window after logging in because the telvanni wizard-lord robe has a proper giant mushroom tower in the background then you scroll 2 clicks to the right to see this intestine house :joy:
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Intestine house :D