The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So on the PS5 Version I have to do all Trophies again?

• xIOrcaIx
    xIOrcaIx
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »
    If you look at the bottom of the FAQ it says that PS4 and PS5 trophies are separate https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/577530/eso-console-enhanced-faq/p1

Oh my that is rough…but it seems its a developer decision if its happening for some games and not others…correct?

Can PS5 people play both the PS4 and PS5 version of the game, if they have both installed? Maybe that is why Playstation is not transferring the Trophies over. Sony is treating them as two different games.

yes you can play both versions but all ps4/ps5 cross gen games unlock all trophys on ps5 when you earned them on ps4 before like Borderlands 3, Destiny 2, Final Fantasy etc
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    Can't they implement a one time process that goes through all the characters in-game achievements and activate the PS5 game achievements associated with them. Or the first time you log in with a specific character.
    That's not only possible but the common process for the other games I played. They get all the trophies you previously earned with the first login so you keep on playing where you left, based on the progress you previously made with the game. Especially for an online game like ESO this is crucial. Because those trophies take a long time to pile up and can be motivating to keep going. If it all is reset now, the trophies are more like whatever.

It can be even worse actually. If you continue playing and unlock a trophy like master angler on PS5, you lose that progress on PS4. If that has been your last trophy for the platinum on PS4, you will have to start the PS4 version and start the fishing all over again on another toon - if you have any. So yeah what you suggested @msetten would be great and should be done.

There may be people who consider a trophy reset fun, entertaining and motivating. It will not be very many for sure. The vast majority does not understand the logic in this. I hope it was an oversight that can and will be addressed.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, i pay no attention to trophies or achievements, i couldn't care less personally.

I was just the other day harvesting nodes in the thieves guild area and saw some sight i had not discovered. So i went there to unlock it and all sorts of achievements popped up for the area, i guess i had 3 years ago done all but this one sight. That is how much i care lol
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »
    If you look at the bottom of the FAQ it says that PS4 and PS5 trophies are separate https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/577530/eso-console-enhanced-faq/p1

Oh my that is rough…but it seems its a developer decision if its happening for some games and not others…correct?

Can PS5 people play both the PS4 and PS5 version of the game, if they have both installed? Maybe that is why Playstation is not transferring the Trophies over. Sony is treating them as two different games.

They can, but that requires almost 200 GB of storage to do, which is almost a third of the 667.2 GB space the system has available.

You can also switch between versions of games like Borderlands 3 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla and they will auto-pop trophies you've earned on other versions of the game.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    They can, but that requires almost 200 GB of storage to do, which is almost a third of the 667.2 GB space the system has available.
    To ease that a bit, you could attach an external drive to the PS5. So at least the PS4 games don't eat the precious internal storage.
    You can also switch between versions of games like Borderlands 3 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla and they will auto-pop trophies you've earned on other versions of the game.
    That sounds so amazing! Why cannot ESO do this? So many good options out there...
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You better believe I won't let this post get lost.

This is far too important. At the very least, we deserve some kind of response on ZOS's part.
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expecting people to spend several sleepless nights to earn emp again or grind for master angler again is ridiculous, there is 0 reason for this games trophies not to work like miles morales
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos pls ;(
  • Sub_Xero
    Sub_Xero
    ✭✭
    I find it a little suspicious that Doom Eternal will also not be carrying any save data over or auto popping any trophies. The first two "next-gen" updates we get after the MS acquisition and they're deviating from what all other developers with free upgrades have done. 🤔
    Edited by Sub_Xero on June 17, 2021 12:46AM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sub_Xero wrote: »
    I find it a little suspicious that Doom Eternal will also not be carrying any save data over or auto popping any trophies. The first two "next-gen" updates we get after the MS acquisition and they're deviating from what all other developers with free upgrades have done. 🤔

I mean, as much as it sounds like a theory crafted by a paranoid looney, it's entirely possible that Microsoft is sending down orders to "Support remaining titles on the PlayStation as little as possible."

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see "Play the Expansion on Xbox first" soon, and even eventually "Due to technical issues, we will no longer be supporting PlayStation systems" pop up in an article on Bethesda's site.
  • kelseaux
    kelseaux
    ✭✭✭
    I JUST updated and after the wait of updating overnight, I see my trophies and all my hard work over YEARS of gameplay just GONE? This was not a thing w other games that have had upgrades happen. Why is this a thing w ESO??
    Not Mr Sivy
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thats disgusting

They cant seriouly beleive we will regrind emp and fisherman, i know i had it easy with emp, getting it in "only" 18 hours but im still not redoing it

Also some trophies are forever locked for people at 18 characters (if we want to keep our characters or not starting over on the other region server)

I really hope its not linked to the microsoft aquisition because if it is, its a clear picture of what they intend to do to their playstation playerbase in the future and what kind on company microsoft truly is

I really hope the 2 list not copying each other isnt intended
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just absolut insolence... You work so hard towards sth and it means nothing. I will never buy another Zenimax/Bethesda title.

Even EA doesn't treat their customers like this.

• Sub_Xero
    Sub_Xero
    ✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Sub_Xero wrote: »

I mean, as much as it sounds like a theory crafted by a paranoid looney, it's entirely possible that Microsoft is sending down orders to "Support remaining titles on the PlayStation as little as possible."

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see "Play the Expansion on Xbox first" soon, and even eventually "Due to technical issues, we will no longer be supporting PlayStation systems" pop up in an article on Bethesda's site.

Lol. Well, I don't think of myself as a "paranoid looney" and I don't normally make baseless accusations, but it just seems rather odd. There's also no DualSense support for either title. Which is a real shame because it would've been especially cool for Doom Eternal. I feel like "support remaining titles on the PlayStation as little as possible" is probably the case.
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I actually forgot to check this. They are seriously separating trophies?? Is this a joke? I don't even have all trophies, but if you pull something like this to someone already on the fence deciding to leave, you're basically pushing them the rest of the way.
  • Sub_Xero
    Sub_Xero
    ✭✭
    Sju wrote: »
    Wow, I actually forgot to check this. They are seriously separating trophies?? Is this a joke? I don't even have all trophies, but if you pull something like this to someone already on the fence deciding to leave, you're basically pushing them the rest of the way.

Separate trophies isn't the issue so much as it not behaving like every other PS4>PS5 upgrade where previously obtained trophies automatically unlocked upon starting the PS5 version or doing/redoing one action.
  • xAlucardx92
    xAlucardx92
    ✭✭✭
    Pls Zenimax can you work with Sony so that the Ps4 and Ps5 Version of the Game share the trophies!
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man I didn't even get the vMA trophy on my Templer because he got the ingame achievement.

Sad times... [snip]
    [edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 26, 2021 5:49PM
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no response!? Hmm
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t play on console, but this is seriously messed up.

But then again zos seems to put little effort into their client side programming. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 26, 2021 5:50PM
  • MisterLaiho
    MisterLaiho
    ✭✭
    I don't think they will reply anymore I even did a ingame ticket and replied to the computer answer still waiting for an human answer normally the support of ZOS is faster than that so I assume they just ignore this topic completly.

I've finished the Blackwood Chapter on my PS4 version now so that at least there is some sort of order which means everything up to Blackwood is 100% now on PS4 Trophydate and I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that everything new will be done on PS5 and all the Basegame and DLC achievements on PS5 will be incomplete.... very frustrating
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I don’t play on console, but this is seriously messed up.

But then again zos seems to put little effort into their client side programming. [snip]

Sry to say it like this but it's so half-assed.
    Could they not think about it before or at least remove the life destroying trophies?
    Who says they are not doing it again for next gen if eso is still a thing then?
    Wish I could get a refund on all things I bought the last 2 weeks 😪

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 26, 2021 5:51PM
  • xIOrcaIx
    xIOrcaIx
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno there must be a solution for this right? it would be insane to take away every trophy people have done over the years and now you want them to do it again...you would need a new character for most trophies and some of them are extreme time consuming....please ZOS there must be a solution because right now this has killed all my interest in keep playing
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Still no response!? Hmm

It will be interesting to see if ZOS says anything more. Unlike some people in here, I am pretty convinced that this is not their decision. They won't say anything unless instructed to by the people who did make that decision. If that is Sony, we have heard the last of it, probably. If that is XBox or Bethesda, they may not want to say anything more, and so ZOS has nothing more to say.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This seems to be a Sony issue not a ZOS issue. It's a little trippy to see my progress on PS5 at 0%....Master Angler...Emperor (I've completed both) no trophy... :|
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    This seems to be a Sony issue not a ZOS issue. It's a little trippy to see my progress on PS5 at 0%....Master Angler...Emperor (I've completed both) no trophy... :|

Would still be cool if sony or ZoS could tell us why it can't be..
  • MisterLaiho
    MisterLaiho
    ✭✭
    Zos has probly read this already and they just decided to ignore it since they are replying to much newer threads in this forum ^^
    Edited by MisterLaiho on June 17, 2021 1:32PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    beer781993 wrote: »
    Odovacar wrote: »

Would still be cool if sony or ZoS could tell us why it can't be..

It would be but if you know ZOS ... timely responses are not their kind of thing.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    This is a joke surely... So as a sacrafice for having an enhanced ps5 version. We lose all our hard work and effort we've achieved since release..

Man if I would of lost the over 46k achievement points I have. Blood vessels would have popped. Legit

Trophys not achievment points
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it sure would put a lot of speculation to bed if ZOS would at least provide it's position on the subject.
    Silence often speaks volumes.

After all the whole point of an upgrade instead of a reinstall is so you don't have to play the game all over again.
    If that were the case you might as well do a clean install so you can pop the trophies again.
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 17, 2021 4:00PM