Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Share your ideas for hairstyles

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    • Ponytails and braids that have bangs or otherwise frame the face
    • Long hair styles
    • NO MORE BUNS

Some of us want more buns though

We already have about every type of bun I can think of. What new could they do with them?
    PCNA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    Skeever style
    fc3917e6adfcaf982d8728695eb65aa2.jpg
    Topping this
    4xmdfCsh.jpg
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that isn't already in game would be appreciated, but here are some more specific ideas.

- something that resembles old English noble wigs (both men and women)
    - Native American hairstyles

Also:
    - cowboy hat (no stupid feathers or ridiculous decorations. Just the hat please.)
    - straw hat (not tied to costume)
    Edited by Giraffon on August 5, 2021 4:50PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any long hairstyle that actually moves properly when you ride a mount instead of sticking out at an angle from the neck.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    Any long hairstyle that actually moves properly when you ride a mount instead of sticking out at an angle from the neck.

Impossible with the game engine.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Kadraeus
    Kadraeus
    ✭✭✭✭

This. More afro-textured hairstyles. Most games unfortunately neglect this. The afro is the one pretty much every game adds, but I find it so incredibly boring. I get that making these styles can be a little more complicated than straight hair, but I hate how limited it feels when you make black characters when 90% of what's in the game is straight hair. The cornrows are great, and the dreads are fine too, but I really wish there was more. Also, I really wish they'd stop adding them to crown crates. If they want to sell them, just add them to the crown store either separately or in packs without the stupid timer. If it's there, I don't need a timer to tell me to buy it. In fact, half the time I'm willing to buy things that haven't even been in the store for years.

Here's some I found:

Thick-Curly-Hair.jpg
    6d9e4805e56d57b5a3985dcb70e20a1c--men-with-long-hair-male-faces.jpg
    Obviously not this long due to game limitations
    TRAD.jpg
    Madagascan_Woman_%28cropped%29.jpg
    e02c714bda6325a7b3617f753252d484.jpg
    47fabc03133ec55aa50ecd28969bdbb4.jpg

• radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The New Hairstyles thread that was recently closed referred to this load screen:
    fireplace.jpg
    Both the long and short curly styles would be a great addition for both genders/all races!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Sorry for the ping, but it seems that a lot of players are really feeling ignored in the character creation departments when it comes to things like hairstyles. It would be great if we could see more releases.

There are several threads on this forum that go all the way back to 2015 asking for more things in the 'Hairstyles' section, and we've had so few releases since then. People are also annoyed about all of the hairstyles seen on NPCs and not releasing, especially the ones first seen over 5 years ago in the Thieves Guild DLC which still haven't come out, even though a handful of them did actually come out on PTS back in 2016.

I can't imagine things like Short Mussed Wave or Velsa's hair are being held as 'keeping them exclusive to those NPCs' considering that those hairstyles are used constantly on NPCs, on anyone from important story characters to merchants and filler NPCs to nameless mobs. And it's also obvious that the NPC designers love these styles since we're inundated with them... which only makes us resentful that they're not releasing. Really, it's more than a little frustrating that one of the two follower NPCs is wearing a hairstyle people have been asking for since 2016 (and it's obviously not being held to make him unique since the other follower NPC wears a basegame style and players can easily cosplay her).

Even going into the files, we can see that there are only around 135 different hairstyles available in game, which includes the 'no hair style,' the ones that are race or gender locked, and the ones like Short Mussed Wave that are set up as collectables but never actually released. Compare that to something like mounts (106 versions of only horses, along with 64 wolves, 78 senches, and around 125 other types), or Non-Combat pets (of which there are 273 in the exotic section alone and another 140 or so across the other categories).

It just feels like the crown store team sees character creation as merely a vehicle to show off pets or mounts considering how many of those are available, compared to how many hairstyles are available. And every Crate season, we get another 9 radiant/apex mounts and a handful of other mounts and pets, but rarely do we get a hairstyle.

Is there any reason the Crown Store is refusing to release more hairstyles? If mods for Skyrim or other TES games are any indication, hairstyles would be very popular and sell incredibly well, but we're not even seeing the ones already programmed into the game release. Please let the Crown Store team know that there is a large section of the playerbase that feel that they're not being heard for years now because all we want to see is more ways to make our characters look the way we want.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Long hair styles
    • NO MORE BUNS

We already have about every type of bun I can think of. What new could they do with them?

Low-Bun.jpg

Pigtail-Buns.jpg

Cornrows-Braided-into-a-Bun.jpg

aguaSQ1.jpg

black-girl-hairstyles-with-weave-20.jpg

504614333221197388-600x838.jpg
    Edited by spartaxoxo on August 6, 2021 9:36PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Long hair styles
    • NO MORE BUNS

Low-Bun.jpg

Pigtail-Buns.jpg

Cornrows-Braided-into-a-Bun.jpg

aguaSQ1.jpg

black-girl-hairstyles-with-weave-20.jpg

504614333221197388-600x838.jpg

OOOOOOO - I want ALL of those!!