Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Share your ideas for hairstyles

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6pl8tmzq79g0.jpg
    PCNA
  • Arahallris
    Arahallris
    ✭✭✭
    This but obviously without the ears. *The hairstyle extends down to just above the waist.

fghh.png
    Edited by Arahallris on April 21, 2021 5:49AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JazzyNova wrote: »
    Collage of Velsa's/Veya's (Really Fa-Nuit-Hen's hair since it first appeared in Orsinium) hair
    2Hk0j1M.jpg

Still waiting for those to drop, it's been awhile.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Full head of curly hair would be nice. Something akin to hobbits from LotR.
    9464519.jpg?fit=554%2C376&ssl=1

And a beard that's something between painted on stubble and a hobo Santa.
    gettyimages-909598214-1553963144.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.00xh;0,0&resize=1200:*
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • JaggdLynx
    JaggdLynx
    Soul Shriven
    A SHORT, thorough, full face beard. The closest thing available looks like it's 3 inches or longer, when Im looking for a cleaner (and shorter) cut, but full faced, beard (maybe 1/4 inch or so?).
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Separate the color for Hair and Facial Hair.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, really long hair. There is a long beard but it’s out of season (wizards?) but I’d like some very long hair styles.

I also wish they would adjust the height of staves on the back. But that’s for another thread.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people often request long hairstyles, but we are also severely lacking in normal short hairstyles that is not 50 shades of bald, shaved, mohawk, or weird ponytails. There's the Imperial hairstyle and the unreleased Short Mussed Wave.

Same goes for normal and simple facial hair. There's no short full beard. We can either pick heavy stubble, weirdly swirl trimmed, or hermit/pirate. There are so many weirdly neatly trimmed beards too.

I'd also love to see some more love for argonians "hair"-styles. Where are their feather-beards? Or hairstyles that are combination of horns+feathers. As well as decorated spines/horns. The singeplayer games had those, and with the love for jewelry we see argonians have with their costumes why is there such a lack of decorated horns? The only one we have is Lizard Rhinoceros. How about carved, pierced and/or painted horns, metal rings, and hanging decorations like beads etc.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I still find it baffling this issue isn't given more of a priority, especially because we know they love to monetize stuff in the store, you would think they would bother to offer more choices

And please stop burying in crown crates the few new ones that ARE available too, for the love of pete!

The fact we have to keep paying to change character appearance is abysmal enough, but if they are going to insist on retaining that, they should make it worth the crowns they are asking and throw in more options with which to change our looks. Hairstyles are the best way to alter a char's entire persona and yet we always see the same types recycled over and over.

And to repeat, tying adornment colours to hair color is plain unacceptable. If my char has black hair, he should still be able to wear gold adornments, and if she has blond hair she should still be able to wear silver. Older adornments all take on shades based on hair colour, and this needs to be fixed. Newer added to the game adornments do not do this, so we know it's possible to get them.
    Edited by Soulshine on August 4, 2021 7:25PM
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want more hairs. Especially LONG hairs. long straight, long curly, you get the idea. We need some long hair.

MORE BRAIDS.

More elven hair styles.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Ponytails and braids that have bangs or otherwise frame the face
    • Long hair styles
    • NO MORE BUNS
    PCNA
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More long hair styles for each race. Khajiit has some but the only thing that i like is the Long Elven Braid style since it does not cover the ears, but even that style has some flaws i think, since it has gaps on the sides, and looks a little dull on the front side.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    More long hair styles for each race. Khajiit has some but the only thing that i like is the Long Elven Braid style since it does not cover the ears, but even that style has some flaws i think, since it has gaps on the sides, and looks a little dull on the front side.

It also clips with things - the Khajiit costumes (Noble Clan Chief and Pellitine Tea Gown specifically) and many chest motifs (Dead Water for one) and on both male and female.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Treeshka wrote: »

It also clips with things - the Khajiit costumes (Noble Clan Chief and Pellitine Tea Gown specifically) and many chest motifs (Dead Water for one) and on both male and female.

Yes true. I can not use it with the Pyre Watch and other motifs that has scarf around the neck. But i guess that is something we have to live with since they can not work around it. Most stuff clips with each other in the outfit system.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also very true @Treeshka. Living with it really is all you can do most of the time.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More is good.... But I'd rather have a way to separate things. And a better preview feature. It's frustrating having to scroll through dozens and dozens and dozens of collection items in search of that one whose name I don't remember but was not part of the basic pack with 100+ of them...

Also, squinting at our character each time we apply a facial paint/accessory trying to actually see it... Or having the character head not show on screen for a Store preview when they're using a certain personality because they are half crouching.... Or having to crouch to see the top end of a 2-handed or a staff we are trying to preview... or worse, have them completely covered in some shader due to weapon enchantment or poison and hindering the dying process....

Lots of things here are less than ideal tbh.

But yeah. Moar hairdo's.
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see some more varieties with bangs.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually releasing some?

Seriously, the last brand new never-been-in-the-store style we got was Unruly Bangs from the Akaviri crates last December, which has been seen on NPCs since at least the Wolfhunter DLC (three years ago)... despite the dyed version of that being available since the Dwarven crates in 2017. And before that... Misanthropic Lycanthrope from last September's crates, again first seen on NPCs back in 2018.

There are two hairstyles that top the lists of hot requests, and it seems like we're only getting teased by them: Short Mussed Wave and Velsa's style. Both have been seen on NPCs since back in 2015/2016 (Fa Nuit-Hen in Orsinium and Nicolas in Thieves' Guild), but despite all of the requests neither has released.

Short Mussed was added to the game, tested on PTS (as in people have screenshots from using it when it was available all those years ago), it's got an Item ID (so you can link it in chat, but it only says "acquired through purchase, promotion, or event"), but still never made it to an official release. It's obviously one of the developers' favorite styles since it's seen on at least three NPCs every zone DLC, from important characters to random merchants and filler NPCs. And now we have one of the two followers showing it off constantly. Really all it needs to release is for someone to flick the switch, it'd cost zero more developer time and money to do. Velsa's isn't as incorporated into the game since it doesn't have an official name or anything yet, but we did see it on loads of major NPCs around Morrowind and Summerset like Velsa, Veya, and Rolis Hlaalu.

If I could only have one thing in ESO, it would be the release of those hairstyles. I can't figure out why ZOS won't release them, knowing full well how many people are begging for them and how well ESO players like to play with cosmetics...

I feel like Hairstyles (and facial hair styles) are the forgotten children of the Crown Store. And it looks like we only have one new datamined style, and it's just another recolor of the Standing Flame. So nothing that people have been begging for since the Crown Store started.

---

In terms of things I'd like to see? More hairstyles in general. There is a severe lack of short styles that aren't the Imperial style or 'Center Part Medium.' (You know, like Short Mussed Wave...). I'd also love to see some longer styles like a human version of the Khajiiti Elven braid, but I recognize that long styles will clip horribly (which is why we need more shorter styles as well).

Also +1 for a facial hair style somewhere between 'Poet's Stubble' and 'Boar's Nest.' What, men in Tamriel are forced to go live in a cave for a year after growing out their beards? We can't get a neatly trimmed beard?
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see more Argonian hairstyles with more natural-looking fins rather than the ones that stick straight out like the base game ones. I think something like the styles in previous TES titles or something like this mod in skyrim as an example would be amazing!

Also, I'd love for large dragon-style horns for Argonians, and some options for larger horns for female Argonians too (obviously the male version would be massive XD)EZtsxEL.png
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want large dragon horns and more fins for Argonians. Please give us larger horns for lady Argonians, too!
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    louis-gilles-montagne-teso-tertiary-elf.jpg
    1628133331835.jpg
    9bf72282decdd0eba1186b2f71c5423a.jpg
  • Dropstitch
    Dropstitch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything that isn't Lego hair. Retrurning the Seafarer's crowning trim and the Wavy Triple Braided Updo to the store would be a nice start.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love some beehives from the sixties but with tiny bows in it....also hot pink and bright green would be fun or silver glittery hair.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have many hairstyle ideas, but... I think they should start with the styles that are already present in the game on NPC's everywhere and require (at least from a player's perspective) relatively little effort to just add in with for example, the next update hint hint (or rather wishful thinking).

Then there's also that braided updo that was in the store once a blue moon half a decade ago, same with the octopus beard or whatever it's called, though that's facial hair of course (though one of the Ivory Guard npc's in Blackwood also sports unavailable sideburns/chops, and those would look great on grizzled veteran warrior type of chars.

I'm sure there's a picture somewhere on the thread already, but it must be somewhere between 5-8 unreleased styles now!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have some unreleased ones that people are craving for. But anyway my 2 cents would be more long male (unisex) hair options, buns and knots. There's a lot of room for creativity and replication of historical variants.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like all of the "modern" looking hairstyles in ESO that much. I would like to see more antique or historical styles, like this for example

51359302219_50b3bdd1b9_m.jpg
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    "By Kyne, it's humid" but a little more natural? Big curly hair doesn't have to look like that.

Dyes, JUST so I can match my hair and beard and they're not two different shades of not-quite-ginger

That swoopy, pushed-back-but-not-flat-to-the-head look that elves/Knight-Paladin Gelebor had in Skyrim. Call it "Look at my widow's peak"
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Ponytails and braids that have bangs or otherwise frame the face
    • Long hair styles
    • NO MORE BUNS

Some of us want more buns though
  • Kazren
    Kazren
    ✭✭✭
    My suggestion is for the Crown store to sell hair dyes, so you can change your hair color whenever you have enough crowns.
  • Kazren
    Kazren
    ✭✭✭
    My suggestion is for the Crown Store to sell hair dyes, so you can change your hair color when you want.