Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Hair For males!

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I love this game but... I'm sorry. The 'normal' amount of hairs for male character creation is just ridiculous. When i say normal I mean short cuts that don't look silly. I don't want ponytails and dreadlocks and long braided hair. If you only want a 'normal' hair style for a male (Say you were trying to create someone from real life or a TV show, 'cough GOT cough') you would get THREE HAIR STYLES! I mean come on it wouldn;t be difficult to give at least a couple more Short NORMAL hair styles into the game would it?
Edited by Mashille on August 9, 2015 7:57PM
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone care to share their opinions?
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    Historically, short hair is relatively modern.
    There are not many options for short hair that would be accurate.
    Even in modern society I see most men have the same generic haircut, with only slight variations in length and/ or style. Without styling products there is little you can do.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game doesn't have to be historically accurate, it's in a fantasy universe :) So I'm pretty sure they can afford yo do a few inaccuracies from history.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    As long as it fits in with everything else, I'm fine with it.
    I just can't imagine what exactly could be added.

I would recommend referencing images to help your point. I would definitely be more inclined to support the idea if I had a better idea of what you are interested in.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if you know there working on a barbershop dlc.
    Alot of us think this will include new hair styles and features much like wow did.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not entirely true. In some eras short hair was preferred by knights and other warriors because it was better when wearing a helmet (with a closed-face helmet you don't want to run the risk of hair falling in front of your eyes as you're moving around in combat, already trying to turn your head constantly to be able to see what's going on around you).

A haircut like this one (available in ESO) would have been common:
    ON-npc-Tamien_Sellan.jpg
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    UrQuan wrote: »
    That's not entirely true. In some eras short hair was preferred by knights and other warriors because it was better when wearing a helmet (with a closed-face helmet you don't want to run the risk of hair falling in front of your eyes as you're moving around in combat, already trying to turn your head constantly to be able to see what's going on around you).

This much I understand.
    However, the topic is about having a variety of short hairstyles.
    Without the tools for cutting and styling hair that we have today there aren't many plausible options.
    Though, as I said previously, I would not mind more variety. Simply that if anything were to be added it fits in to the established lore of the world.
    I wouldn't want to see an obviously modern, real-world haircut for example.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about some of these hairs?

Selmy-S3.jpg

w8s3k6.jpg

larges1-ep1-people-profilepic-baelish-petyr-800x800.jpg

latest?cb=20130409105752&path-prefix=nl
    Edited by Mashille on May 1, 2015 5:08PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    epic.

i want it.

and when will the barber feature be released?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    All of those are great choices. You have my vote.
    I hadn't really considered balding/ receding hairstyles. The third one pretty much is in the game, although graying hair could certainly be a nice addition for people who want to play a slightly older (but not decrepit) character.

• Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes. All the hairs In ESO are too consistent. They need some more raggedy and receding hairs with maybe some others with bald bits and stuff.
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be added more hairstyles for both male and female characters in general. Perhaps we will recieve some when a barber is released.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually alright with how many hairstyles we have. I think we need more for crown store sales and to justify a barbershop.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More hair stales are always a good thing. And I would want them in the game, even though I am pretty happy with the ones my characters have right now...

But then, barbershop was promised, so now its only a matter of how long they will take to do it. And I can only hope, not very much longer, since it really would be great to have some more varietee in the game...

And yes, I wouldn't care if they sold them in the crown store. I'm way more likely to spend crowns on character appereance options then on horses that scorch your pants riding them... ;)
  • Morduil
    Morduil
    ✭✭✭
    For me the main problem is that the current in-game short / shorter hair styles look like the character is wearing a wig. I'm not sure why this is, although I think possible it's because they a) sit very slightly too high over the skull and b) have no shorter and blending hairs between the main hairline and the skin.

That said, if they can work out how to make such hairstyles look natural, then the more styles available the merrier....
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    1416336387573.cached.jpg

Because I love Tywin Lannister and Charles Dance. I've tried to recreate him using ESO's character creator (which is really robust to be fair) but have had little luck.

Edited by Mercutio on May 2, 2015 9:01AM
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More hairstyle the better! Always!
    I personaly find that there is not enough long hair for men :p But i guess that's a question of taste and perspective. I prefer guys with long hair and beard in real life, so guess what I prefer in my favourite fantasy world.

So what I say: more the merrier! We will just have to wait the barbershop! ;)
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dastan-prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time-12701819-2560-1661.jpg
    this would even be more or less lore friendly
  • Sagatho
    Sagatho
    ✭✭
    please add Adorin Fan Hair style in crown store NOW!!
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I WANT EPIC BEARDS

400px-ESOSai_Sahan.jpg

280px-Jorunn_the_Skald-King.png?version=383e1c15155c43ca1eeb893f52f79c62

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    keybaud wrote: »
    Anyone care to share their opinions?

Agree entirely.

The number and (more importantly) quality of hair options and especially beard options for male characters is dismal.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on May 2, 2015 4:02PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in the women's hair styles one of the real problems is the lack of any softening shorter hairs at the edge. All of the photos here show men with short hair but all have some amount of "fluff" or stray shorter hairs to make the hairline look like real hair and not a wig. ESO hair mostly looks like it has been lacquered into submission and moves that way, too.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS. Please if you ever add a barber shop type feature to the game could you also add more hair and beard options for males and females at the same time. :)
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    There are not many options for short hair that would be accurate.
    Even in modern society I see most men have the same generic haircut, with only slight variations in length and/ or style. Without styling products there is little you can do.

This individual would disagree about short hair in males being something modern o o

julio_cesar-01.jpg

I'd also like more longhaired male options, we only have two decent ones imo.

• Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Many of the male hairs seem odd and not enough 'normal' ones. We have too many dreadlocks, braids, mohicans (Dunno how to spell it) and pony tails with some really weird looking hairs as well.
  • Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    i would love to see more haircuts, i miss some from skyrim
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hair styles changed widely throughout history according to culture and time. There have been times where long hair was in style, there have been times where short hair was in style, there have been times when people shaved their hair and wore wigs, even.

Just... add... more... options!

Hair of choice for -everyone-!

Males and females could both benefit from more hair options. And I guess, males from more beard options.

But I suppose it will all depend on how exactly they implement their barbershop...
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    And while we're at it, why not hares for males?

medium_victor%20amato%20pet%20rabit.JPG

Would go well with the fox pet.
    #DwemerLife
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    32022798-b770-4613-999a-0e9bc555372d-620x372.jpeg
    #DwemerLife
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is Still Relevent so I;m going to bring it to ZOS' attention again :)