The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No Vampire changes or magicka blastbone adjustments? Or mag Necro changes?

• Ryskim
    Ryskim
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancers need an aggroing pet for solo purposes (a tanking pet). Note that I'm not saying a permanent pet (although that would be perfect), but a pet thad can actually draw aggro in the same way as the Clannfear for the Sorcerer.

Necromancers are the pet class in Elder Scrolls by excellence.

Not sorcerers.
    Not wardens.
    Not any other class.

I don't really understand what the hell were they thinking.

And when they announced the Vampire rework, I expected something more in line with the Vampire Lord in Skyrim. An actual useful vampire transformation. You know, like the werewolf. Useful.

I love the new biting though, but the vampiric drain is ruined. It needs a buff in some way.

Vampire lords should have the claw melee attack, and a way to extend the duration of the transformation.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, playing magica necromancer should not be best option, @WhereArtThouVampires
    I am fine with casting magic spells with stamina and not being stereotypical dnd mage with boring, stereotypical stick.

I have played the whole December as magcro and Stalking Blastbones was working as intended :P.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »
    I am fine with casting magic spells with stamina and not being stereotypical dnd mage with boring, stereotypical stick.

I have played the whole December as magcro and Stalking Blastbones was working as intended :P.

Yeah BB is working pretty decent now. Thats not the point.
    "The skeleton deals more damage the longer it chases the target." <- This is useless since a few patches ago they made BB jump to the enemy instantly if targatable. So it isn't doing anything anymore in PvE.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wuerstal wrote: »

"The skeleton deals more damage the longer it chases the target." <- This is useless since a few patches ago they made BB jump to the enemy instantly if targatable. So it isn't doing anything anymore in PvE.
    It works decently well in PvP when you're in relatively open terrain and are fighting targets that aren't too mobile. Blastbones is still pretty terrible in some situations, though, and can be locked out for the full duration without being able to be refreshed or re-targeted. The secondary effect's benefit on PvP is also almost entirely theoretical; in the overwhelming majority of cases that it finally catches a target near the end of its duration, the bonus damage doesn't matter because the target is otherwise safe and can heal up easily.
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

It works decently well in PvP when you're in relatively open terrain and are fighting targets that aren't too mobile. Blastbones is still pretty terrible in some situations, though, and can be locked out for the full duration without being able to be refreshed or re-targeted. The secondary effect's benefit on PvP is also almost entirely theoretical; in the overwhelming majority of cases that it finally catches a target near the end of its duration, the bonus damage doesn't matter because the target is otherwise safe and can heal up easily.

The secondary effect in PvP and PvE literally does not work. It **does not** increase damage based on distance in ANY situation. The whole morph has been bugged for almost two years. Just to clarify that's what this is about. It's not that in some cases it still wouldn't matter, it's the fact that the morph quite literally is bugged and does nothing.

which is honestly so sad that an ENTIRE ability's morph just can do nothing for almost two years. ):
    Edited by WhereArtThouVampires on February 5, 2021 11:49PM
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Playing stamina necromancer should not be the best option and if you think magcro is better then [snip]. Magcro is literally the weakest magika dps class in the game and was only ever taken in trials for the glacial ultimate. Which has since been nerfed heavily.

[snip]

And you're [snip] unless you post proof that blastbones is working for you. (Which you can't, because I know it's not.) The morph literally does not work and HAS NOT worked for almost 2 years, [snip]

Thanks. :P

[Edited to remove Baiting and Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 6, 2021 1:17PM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm somehow not surprised that people think that Stalking Blastbones has a secondary effect because it's literally been cut out for over a year, the ability and it's morphs have been broken since the launch of Elsweyr because it was nerfed out of the gate once it hit live. People don't read tooltips, let alone patch notes.
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    I'm somehow not surprised that people think that Stalking Blastbones has a secondary effect because it's literally been cut out for over a year, the ability and it's morphs have been broken since the launch of Elsweyr because it was nerfed out of the gate once it hit live. People don't read tooltips, let alone patch notes.

I'm starting to wonder if people even play ESO at this rate
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The secondary effect in PvP and PvE literally does not work. It **does not** increase damage based on distance in ANY situation. The whole morph has been bugged for almost two years. Just to clarify that's what this is about. It's not that in some cases it still wouldn't matter, it's the fact that the morph quite literally is bugged and does nothing.

which is honestly so sad that an ENTIRE ability's morph just can do nothing for almost two years. ):
    The secondary effect on Stalking Blastbones has never been based on distance. It is instead based on the time spent chasing the target, which only takes effect if the skeleton gets CC'd or the target temporarily escapes via distance and/or line of sight. So the problem isn't that the skill is bugged, since it is in fact working as intended, but rather that the secondary effect is useless.
    So far as I can tell, the effect actually does function as intended and has never been changed. As I said above, the real problem with the secondary effect - which you can discern from the tooltip - is that it isn't worthwhile in the overwhelming majority of cases.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on February 6, 2021 9:57AM
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭

The secondary effect on Stalking Blastbones has never been based on distance. It is instead based on the time spent chasing the target, which only takes effect if the skeleton gets CC'd or the target temporarily escapes via distance and/or line of sight. So the problem isn't that the skill is bugged, since it is in fact working as intended, but rather that the secondary effect is useless.
    So far as I can tell, the effect actually does function as intended

Mmm, nope, the skill is bugged my guy. Distance = time chased. [snip]

The morph is not and has not been working as intended. The examples you gave are only 'reasons' why it'd ""work"" in PvP, not in PvE.

Before they changed the skeleton to where it'd leap at the target, you would get more damage if you positioned yourself....a further distance from the target so that the skeleton was able to run at them longer. Now the skeleton does not chase the target, so, in the code it doesn't register as the leap being a long distance even though it should. The extra damage does not apply currently even if the skeleton runs after a moving target in PvP.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 6, 2021 1:34PM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So far as I can tell, the effect actually does function as intended and has never been changed. As I said above, the real problem with the secondary effect - which you can discern from the tooltip - is that it isn't worthwhile in the overwhelming majority of cases.

No, it hasn't been working at all since Harrowstorm's patch. You can see it right here under the Developer comments about Blastbones in general and they've yet to fix this ability since. You're flat out posting disinformation here. I'll even quote and bold the relevant part because this is the last thing they've said about Blastbones aside from balancing issues - not the secondary effect.

The above changes were made in hopes to greatly reduce situations where the Blastbones would become confused while walking around and take longer than intended - or completely fail – to reach its target. We understand the change to this ability significantly reduces the morph functionality of Stalking Blastbones in most situations, but we’ve opted to keep it untouched while we gauge feedback on how the changes to the base ability and reliability of the attack feel. Keep in mind that Stalking Blastbones guarantees at least a 10% damage increase over the base morph, so even in situations where it jumps immediately, this morph isn’t completely wasted; it just will not reach its highest scaling unless the Blastbones needs to gain line of sight on the target you initially cast it on.

All you get is a 10% damage increase from what the morph was prior because they couldn't get these guys to jump correctly. Be sure to check through the rest of the notes because I can assure that anyone that mains a Magicka Necromancer knows this ability has been broken since February of last year with the secondary effect. This was their fix for the stalling of Blastbones, IE - they wouldn't jump or even hit their target so their solution was to make them immediately jump once they came out of the ground and walked a few steps. So no - it's never been fixed for it's secondary effect. It's only been fixed so that it attempts to leap at it's target more reliably. That's it.

Edit: I'll go a step further and post every patch since Harrowstorm (5.3.4) to prove that this is indeed not fixed.

Patch 5.3.5: Stamina Recovery changes, nothing with classes or abilities in specific here.

5.3.6: Nightblade and Templar changes here, nothing with necromancer.

5.3.7: Nightblade changes again, nothing about Necromancer.

5.3.8 Dragonknight and Psijic Order ability changes, still nothing for Necromancer.

5.3.9: No combat changes aside from block visuals being suppressed during their use. Still nothing about Necromancer or Blastbones.

6.0.5 (Necromancer) (Pet updates): Changes to Necromancer are where the Tethers went back on the GCD, some fixes to Bone Goliath and Grave Grasp. The pet updates were so that they couldn't take you out of stealth. With such a big update as Update 26 was, there was no mention or fix for Stalking Blastbones.

6.0.6: The only notable changes to anything were to do with the Scrying and Excavation systems.

6.0.7 (Update 26): No public-facing fixes. A fix to Stalking Blastbones would in fact be considered public facing.

6.0.8: The only combat related fix is for Malacath increasing damage from Siege equipment. Nothing on classes, let alone Necromancer or Stalking Blastbones.

6.0.9: Same as 6.0.8, except the fix was to Thrassian Stranglers.

6.1.5 (Update 27) (Necromancer): Tether fixes when facing the opposite direction, fixing corpse targeting for tethers, Frozen Colossus, Shocking Siphon, and Grave Grasp all got adjusted and/or changed. No hint of Blastbones at all, let alone Stalking Blastbones. Again, with a significant update, if a change was made to the ability it would be in one of these major ones.

6.1.6: The only thing Necromancer related in this patch is that Criminal Acts now accrue bounties properly and The Thief got nerfed. Again, no mention of a Stalking Blastbones fix and we're already in the month of September 2020 (roughly 8 months later) since Stalking Blastbones' secondary effect was made ineffective.

6.1.7: Very small changes to various miscellaneous issues - again nothing dealing with Necromancer or Stalking Blastbones.

6.1.8: Fixes pets attacking innocents when they shouldn't be.

6.2.5 (Update 28) (Necromancer): Changes to Necromancer and Blastbones were improvements to the cooldown duration to reduce the chances of it becoming locked out despite the skeleton dying and Frozen Colossus. No changes to Stalking Blastbones' secondary effect and we're now in the month of November.

6.2.6: A 'fix' for skills reverting to the base morph and a 'refund' of skillpoints that never happened, but still nothing about Necromancer or Stalking Blastbones.

6.2.7: Major Gallop, Minor Slayer and Aegis, Slayer and Aegis adjustments. Again, no Necromancer changes here.

6.2.8: No combat related fixes aside for Ready Checks for BGs being declined.

6.2.9: January 25th of this year and the only thing combat related that was fixed were premade groups with a high MMR wouldn't get into a Battleground.

So I'm rather curious, where exactly did they lift the changes from 5.3.4 to Stalking Blastbones? It's not in any of the patch notes since 5.3.4 and so far there's not even a hint of it in Update 29. Anyone who's been playing Magicka Necromancer since Elsweyr can tell you that this isn't how the ability behaved at all. It was a slow, 'stalking' wind up. The longer it trekked, the bigger the damage bonus was. Now, at most, you get 10% - which is why Magicka Necromancer went significantly down DPS wise compared to what it used to be before last February. That 10% doesn't mean that the secondary effect is working. That means that's all you get with this band-aid fix because the secondary effect ISN'T working as intended. The ability used to literally slow-stalk and it was rather laughable because people would just kill it before it got to them. Now it's laughable because the damage in PvE is suffering because they couldn't get the skeletons to fire and leap to their intended target (for the umpteenth time I've had to state this). This isn't intended and the Patch Notes from 5.3.4 clearly reflect this.
    Edited by Sephyr on February 6, 2021 11:29AM
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    @Sephyr @WhereArtThouVampires

You both are factually wrong. The morph effect IS in the game and IS working. It is just useless in most instances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg1eCVt_0lI&amp;feature=youtu.be

As you can see: If BB has to walk some distance to jump to its target -> more dmg.
    That means: The secondary effect IS IN THE GAME. It just rarely does anything. Wasn't that hard to figure out...

NOONE here said that the 10% increase are infact the 10% from the secondary effect.

And to qoute from the patchnotes: "The above changes were made in hopes to greatly reduce situations where the Blastbones would become confused while walking around and take longer than intended - or completely fail – to reach its target. We understand the change to this ability significantly reduces the morph functionality of Stalking Blastbones in most situations, but we’ve opted to keep it untouched while we gauge feedback on how the changes to the base ability and reliability of the attack feel. Keep in mind that Stalking Blastbones guarantees at least a 10% damage increase over the base morph, so even in situations where it jumps immediately, this morph isn’t completely wasted; it just will not reach its highest scaling unless the Blastbones needs to gain line of sight on the target you initially cast it on."

[snip]

[snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 6, 2021 1:12PM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit: You know what, I'm not even going to bother with that. After posting 19 links and you want to perpetuate that disinformation, be my guest. The 10% increase is the only part of a 'secondary effect', but it's still not the full on effect - which is what the patch notes CLEARLY reflect. It's supposed to STALK before it hits, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Good luck with that. I'm not wasting any more of my time trying to point out something that's clearly not working as intended.
    Edited by Sephyr on February 6, 2021 12:18PM
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭

You both are factually wrong. The morph effect IS in the game and IS working. It is just useless in most instances.

As you can see: If BB has to walk some distance to jump to its target -> more dmg.
    That means: The secondary effect IS IN THE GAME. It just rarely does anything. Wasn't that hard to figure out...

NOONE here said that the 10% increase are infact the 10% from the secondary effect.

And to qoute from the patchnotes: "The above changes were made in hopes to greatly reduce situations where the Blastbones would become confused while walking around and take longer than intended - or completely fail – to reach its target. We understand the change to this ability significantly reduces the morph functionality of Stalking Blastbones in most situations, but we’ve opted to keep it untouched while we gauge feedback on how the changes to the base ability and reliability of the attack feel. Keep in mind that Stalking Blastbones guarantees at least a 10% damage increase over the base morph, so even in situations where it jumps immediately, this morph isn’t completely wasted; it just will not reach its highest scaling unless the Blastbones needs to gain line of sight on the target you initially cast it on."

[snip]

[snip]

Wanna go ahead and explain to me how "rarely does anything" doesn't equal to the secondary effect being bugged?

Last I checked an ability effect only working half the time usually means it's.....bugged.

Y'all are sooooooo addicted to trying to prove you're right when literally fighting this argument does nothing for you. Allow me to explain what I mean:

Okay, let's say you are right, what do you get? Well, they might as well not look at this secondary morph effect if it's working as intended, right? My bad, I didn't realize you or anyone else loved the 'only works 10% of the time' morph for one of necro's most crucial skills.

Boom, there's your reward for being right in your case.

Where as if I'm right? We get a new, better secondary effect for the skill that actually works.

Tell me. Who do you want to be right in this situation? And why are you even arguing against literally making a buggy skill better?

Also lol-ing at the fact @Sephyr posted quite literally 19 patch note links and even the devs calling out the skill themselves apparently doesn't count as back up for an argument. Not to mention the countless threads that have been made talking about this bug. Where we're y'all then? People have been making threads about this bug since its existence.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 6, 2021 1:13PM
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: You know what, I'm not even going to bother with that. After posting 19 links and you want to perpetuate that disinformation, be my guest. The 10% increase is the only part of a 'secondary effect', but it's still not the full on effect - which is what the patch notes CLEARLY reflect. It's supposed to STALK before it hits, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Good luck with that. I'm not wasting any more of my time trying to point out something that's clearly not working as intended.

Wow. Just. Wow.
    The morph effect literaly ONLY states:"The skeleton deals more damage the longer it chases the target." and that, as you can see in the video, is true.

I am not saying I am ok with how it works, because the secondary effect isn't doing anything 99% of the time.
    But you are claiming that the effect is not working amd was cut from the game entirely which is simply: not true. You are the one spreading misinformation. And even when given clear cut evidence you still ignore it.
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow. Just. Wow.
    The morph effect literaly ONLY states:"The skeleton deals more damage the longer it chases the target." and that, as you can see in the video, is true.

I am not saying I am ok with how it works, because the secondary effect isn't doing anything 99% of the time.
    But you are claiming that the effect is not working amd was cut from the game entirely which is simply: not true. You are the one spreading misinformation. And even when given clear cut evidence you still ignore it.

Allow me to blow your mind:

If the effect isn't there 99% of the time

it might as well have been cut from the game.

Wow. Just wow.

Thus being a...what we kids like to call....bug
    Edited by WhereArtThouVampires on February 6, 2021 12:30PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is indisputably incorrect; the mechanics simply do not function in the way that you're claiming. Lets take a hypothetical scenario, where you cast two different Blastbones at the same target, which is 15 meters away from you. Blastbones#1 jumps immediately and connects with the target, while Blastbones#2 takes a 3 second stun just before leaping. If your claim was accurate, both of the Blastbones would do identical damage (assuming of course that all buffs/debuffs were the same, and either both casts crit or neither did). However, that isn't what will happen. Instead, Blastbones#2 will do more damage than Blastbones#1 did, since - thanks to the stun - the time spent "chasing" the target was longer than it was for Blastbones#1.
    The morph is not and has not been working as intended. The examples you gave are only 'reasons' why it'd ""work"" in PvP, not in PvE.
    Once you actually understand the mechanics of the Stalking Blastbones morph, you'll see that it is *not* broken, just crappy. You make it sound as though it just needs a bug fix, when what it really needs is a totally different effect.
    Before they changed the skeleton to where it'd leap at the target, you would get more damage if you positioned yourself....a further distance from the target so that the skeleton was able to run at them longer. Now the skeleton does not chase the target, so, in the code it doesn't register as the leap being a long distance even though it should. The extra damage does not apply currently even if the skeleton runs after a moving target in PvP.
    The damage is, and always has been (at least since the publicly accessible early access period for Elsweyr), based on time, not distance. Period. This isn't a case of your opinion vs my opinion, it's simply fact.

The original version would take longer to reach its shorter gap closer range, which is why it would do more damage when cast from farther away. But the distance itself isn't what caused that, since it would also get that exact same bonus damage if you cast it from close up and it wanted to stand around staring at the target for several seconds before leaping. Or if it got stunned. Or if the target line of sighted the skeleton around some terrain (even if doing so made the actual distance between it and the Blastbones shorter).
    Now, at most, you get 10% - which is why Magicka Necromancer went significantly down DPS wise compared to what it used to be before last February. That 10% doesn't mean that the secondary effect is working. That means that's all you get with this band-aid fix because the secondary effect ISN'T working as intended. The ability used to literally slow-stalk and it was rather laughable because people would just kill it before it got to them. Now it's laughable because the damage in PvE is suffering because they couldn't get the skeletons to fire and leap to their intended target (for the umpteenth time I've had to state this). This isn't intended and the Patch Notes from 5.3.4 clearly reflect this.
    That 10% figure is based on scenarios where the Blastbones jumps immediately, which is probably almost all the time in PvE. Maybe there are some situations where the skeleton could get stunned, or a tank could drag the target out of range or LOS, but in PvE it is generally going to be +10% damage over the baseline, unmorphed spell. But again, that doesn't mean that the effect is "broken," since it isn't. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do...it's just bad and needs to be changed.

Thank you, I'm glad someone understood what I was saying.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 6, 2021 1:34PM
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is indisputably incorrect; the mechanics simply do not function in the way that you're claiming. Lets take a hypothetical scenario, where you cast two different Blastbones at the same target, which is 15 meters away from you. Blastbones#1 jumps immediately and connects with the target, while Blastbones#2 takes a 3 second stun just before leaping. If your claim was accurate, both of the Blastbones would do identical damage (assuming of course that all buffs/debuffs were the same, and either both casts crit or neither did). However, that isn't what will happen. Instead, Blastbones#2 will do more damage than Blastbones#1 did, since - thanks to the stun - the time spent "chasing" the target was longer than it was for Blastbones#1.
    Once you actually understand the mechanics of the Stalking Blastbones morph, you'll see that it is *not* broken, just crappy. You make it sound as though it just needs a bug fix, when what it really needs is a totally different effect.
    The damage is, and always has been (at least since the publicly accessible early access period for Elsweyr), based on time, not distance. Period. This isn't a case of your opinion vs my opinion, it's simply fact.

The original version would take longer to reach its shorter gap closer range, which is why it would do more damage when cast from farther away. But the distance itself isn't what caused that, since it would also get that exact same bonus damage if you cast it from close up and it wanted to stand around staring at the target for several seconds before leaping. Or if it got stunned. Or if the target line of sighted the skeleton around some terrain (even if doing so made the actual distance between it and the Blastbones shorter).
    Now, at most, you get 10% - which is why Magicka Necromancer went significantly down DPS wise compared to what it used to be before last February. That 10% doesn't mean that the secondary effect is working. That means that's all you get with this band-aid fix because the secondary effect ISN'T working as intended. The ability used to literally slow-stalk and it was rather laughable because people would just kill it before it got to them. Now it's laughable because the damage in PvE is suffering because they couldn't get the skeletons to fire and leap to their intended target (for the umpteenth time I've had to state this). This isn't intended and the Patch Notes from 5.3.4 clearly reflect this.
    That 10% figure is based on scenarios where the Blastbones jumps immediately, which is probably almost all the time in PvE. Maybe there are some situations where the skeleton could get stunned, or a tank could drag the target out of range or LOS, but in PvE it is generally going to be +10% damage over the baseline, unmorphed spell. But again, that doesn't mean that the effect is "broken," since it isn't. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do...it's just bad and needs to be changed.

Thank you, I'm glad someone understood what I was saying.

So let me get this straight.

We're advocating for it to be fixed/changed.

You want it to be fixed/changed.

And you're typing all of this to prove that we're wanting it to be fixed/changed for the supposedly technically-wrong reasons, therefore what we're saying is invalid, because....?

I'm just very confused why you and this other guy are hell-bent on being right here when at the end of the day we just want the skill to be fixed or changed. Therefore we have the same goal. [snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 6, 2021 1:41PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you're typing all of this to prove that we're wanting it to be fixed/changed for the supposedly technically-wrong reasons, therefore what we're saying is invalid, because....?

I'm just very confused why you and this other guy are hell-bent on being right here when at the end of the day we just want the skill to be fixed or changed. Therefore we have the same goal. [snip]
    You're misdiagnosing the problem with Stalking Blastbones, which won't help get it fixed or changed. We don't need a wild goose chase trying to find and fix a bug that doesn't exist; instead we need worthwhile suggestions that will make the morph effect better.

Edit:
    If you read my earlier posts in this thread, including the one on the first page, I think you'll have a hard time coming to the conclusion that I didn't want any changes or fixes to either Blastbones, or Magicka Necromancer in general. In fact, I addressed several concerns that weren't mentioned in the OP, and expressed my frustration at this patch's lack of fixes and/or improvements for the various issues that the class has.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 6, 2021 1:42PM
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    So you guys threw alot at me, so let me break it up into chunks:

@WhereArtThouVampires @Sephyr

1. It is NOT a bug. A bug, by defenition, is:
    A software bug is an error, flaw or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

That is not the case for the secondary effect. The pseudocode for the ability would look somewhat like this:
    Cast BB;
    if target in range: leap and deal x dmg;
    else: walk towards target till in range: leap and deal x * (factor based on time alive) dmg

And it does exactly that. So no bug to be seen. A machine that kicks you in the face is terribly designed but it does what it promissed. Thats the case with the secondary effect. So you claiming that it is a but just shows you don't really know what a bug is.

2. The patchnotes don't state any of the things you both stated. They literaly say: "We understand the change to this ability significantly reduces the morph functionality of Stalking Blastbones in most situations [...]". So the effect is still in the game (as seen in the video) but isn't really usefull.

3. Why am I insistant on the fact that it is not working in the way you think it is?:
    Because when we criticse stuff that is factually untrue then noone will bat an eye to change anything.
    Okay, let's say you are right, what do you get? Well, they might as well not look at this secondary morph effect if it's working as intended, right? My bad, I didn't realize you or anyone else loved the 'only works 10% of the time' morph for one of necro's most crucial skills.

Boom, there's your reward for being right in your case.

Where as if I'm right? We get a new, better secondary effect for the skill that actually works.

Tell me. Who do you want to be right in this situation? And why are you even arguing against literally making a buggy skill better?
    If I let your false statement stand then nothing will be changed because the dev-team will look at your "non-existant" secondary effect, see it is infact present and leave it at that. You have do make precise calls on whats the problem so the dev-team can actually look at it and change it. If I claim light attacks don't work (while they do) the devs won't do a thing.

[snip]

4. Again. There is no bug. And you are misreading the patchnotes.
    Also lol-ing at the fact @Sephyr posted quite literally 19 patch note links and even the devs calling out the skill themselves apparently doesn't count as back up for an argument. Not to mention the countless threads that have been made talking about this bug. Where we're y'all then? People have been making threads about this bug since its existence.
    There are countless threads talking about the fact that the secondary effect is not doing anything because it is barely able to do anything. That are 2 different things and I have been active in threads like that before. So there is that.

5. I stated in every single post that I want it to be changed. So where are you getting your Ideas from that I don't want them to?

[snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 6, 2021 1:56PM
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting and Non-Constructive Back and Forth. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The blastbones issue has been driving me mad.

Why are we not getting a response, ANY response on this?

Also, the thread I have linked in my sig is where we have been discussing potential morph ideas, if y'all have any ideas please post them there. I should very much like to keep that thread alive until we get some answers.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what's the chance any of the suggestions/concerns in this thread will get any attention?

I wish ZOS would tell us in advance what they are focusing on for the patch. Doesn't need to be specifics or promises, just a "Hey, we are looking at everything but these are the top 10 areas we are paying close attention to with these upcoming patches"
  • illuminousflux
    illuminousflux
    ✭✭✭
    Just putting this out there, but magcro is one of the hardest hitting classes in pve endgame content, I don't see much that needs reworking.
  • fxeconomisteb17_ESO
    So, you're seriously gonna tell me that after all the feedback on these forums about vamps being extremely meh in terms of design and functionality they aren't gonna even try to fix it? At the very least buff vampiric drain? What about making Perfect Scion not completely useless in comparison to swarming scion? There's at least a hundred+ threads about this topic that have been created since the rework has released.

Vampires are good now and becoming top notch after U29. Let's leave it at that. Yes the Drain needs some more damage. And would love to see it while blocking. But even so, Vampires are good. Can't comment on the super too ; who uses that thing ? Seen it only once in Lamae Bal's crypt.

"Is it true her wounds healed on their own ? Yes" No s***, at 75% health regen penalty!

I was a vampire like you, but then I took an idea to the head...
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampires need to have the old -75% health regen back -100% is too harsh, the cost increase also has to go, vampiric drain needs its old visuals back the new ones are an eyesore. Skulls on magicka necromancer are still too clunky, Blastbones still doesn't work half the time. Its just crazy how much better werewolf is than vampire and stamina necromancer is compared to magicka necromancer.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just putting this out there, but magcro is one of the hardest hitting classes in pve endgame content, I don't see much that needs reworking.
    I don't think anyone's asking for PvE buffs - it's PvP where the class itself is fairly bad. Without crutching on proc sets, the offense is unreliable, clunky, and frankly - incomplete. Out of all the damaging skills, Blastbones is really the only thing that's worthwhile in PvP these days, and it can have its own issues at times (like falling apart mid-leap and dealing 0 damage if targeting someone with good mobility). Ricochet Skull is alright, but the travel time kind of stinks, the weaving is clunky, and it's easily swapped out for Crushing Shock or Elemental Weapon...none of which are particularly impressive. Then there's the fact that the DOT damage passive is only remotely relevant thanks to procs. There aren't any class-sourced DOTs other than Mystic Siphon, which is worthless since no player is going to stand in it, and generic magicka-based options are quite weak on their own.

Some people used to say that the class seemed as though it were designed with standing in front of a static target dummy in mind, and I can't say that I disagree. Blastbones and the Spirit pet can both bug out when mobility is involved, and most of the rest of the offense is also extremely bad when used outside of predictable, scripted PvE encounters.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it’s good at parsing on a boss but that’s it. Most of the skills are extremely buggy/inconsistent in PvP and get worse when there’s a mobility requirement like @wheem_ESO mentioned. Every single Grave Lord mag skill is bad in PvP. Blastbones is just the least bad out of them, and it’s still a buggy mess with an effectively nonexistent secondary effect.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious, are class reps still a thing? Who is the class rep for necromancer? Has ZOS mentioned anything in regards to necros (specifically mag) in PvP ? In regards to stalking blastbones morph?
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every new patch, I wait eagerly for the notes — wondering if stalking blastbones will finally be addressed. And while I’m generally optimistic about the changes being made and the direction being taken, developers’ turning a blind eye to stalking blastbones breaks my heart a little each time :(