The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing Skill Point Investigation & Resolution

• krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    krayphysh wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Sju wrote: »
    I am now minus one skill point (maybe two) after update, my ww was barely new when you stole one from me in November and I never got one back when it was "corrected". My alt became ww in October...I've already morphed the ult twice since then. I knew you'd mess this up, because Zos cannot fix things correctly.

No, it just means you had skill points you didn't earn.

My character was created in October, I made it ww on Oct 21st, I morphed my ult, the November update came, I lost my morph with the skill point. The "correction" update didn't do anything. I didn't have an extra skill point, there's no way I could have been given one! So this whole issue is a giant lie.

If you think there's a genuine issue then you should submit a ticket.

Yes, if you think you are still missing a skill point, then submit a ticket. But, also be aware that while you may have lost a skill point due to WW bug, it's also possible that you also gained an extra skill point at some point prior that you shouldn't have. Maybe it just all evened out for you. You got back the SP you lost, but an "unearned" SP was removed.

Again, support should be able to take a closer look.

[Quoted post was removed]

Thanks for the reply! :-)

I've read through the forum a few times but still have not found any information as to how anyone would erroneously be granted extra skill points based on the number of Champion skills they purchased. I wasn't aware that you could purchase champion skills. I'm assuming that means unlocking skill lines from the crown store via cash purchases, which I have certainly done. However, I've never received skill points when paying to unlock a skill line for an alt toon; doing so simply unlocked the skill line for me and provided me with the option of applying skill points I already had or eventually earned to those skills & skill line passives.

I recall loosing quite a bit of skill points on my main back in late 2018 or early 2019 after being cleansed of the vamp skill line. I don't remember exactly how many skill points were lost then, but I had all skills and passives maxed out at the time. I never got those skill points back and didn't complain. I took that experience as my fault for not removing those points before getting cured of vampirism.

I recall loosing a point from the werewolf skill line on a few alts after having to remorph the ww ulti skill...not sure if I ever got that point back and didn't mind. If I was missing a point or two, I wouldn't notice.

I am missing enough points on my toons that I am unable to fill out a good majority of the skills and passives that I genuinely earned over the past few years. I can't give an exact number as I never thought I'd need to memorize that information, but in my case, there are enough skill points missing on each toon that it's impossible to be unaware of. If I have legitimately earned points that I shouldn't have, I'd understand why they've been revoked. While I don't know exactly how many skill points I had prior to this mess, I sincerely believe that I've never received a skill point without actually earning it. Because I've spent embarrassingly high amounts of money on skill points/skyshards that have mysteriously vanished, I was hoping someone who has records of this information would be kind enough to inform me of when and where I have personally been erroneously granted extra skill points.

As it stands, I feel as if I have been scammed of my cash. I always have crown store items gifted to me and use my own purchased crowns on items that were not able to be gifted...for example, skyshards for the skill points or unlocking skill lines. Those points are now missing, but my crowns which I paid for with cash have not been refunded. In any case, I have submitted a ticket and hope that someone will look into this and let me know why I've lost so many points.

Reminds me of the time I spent 2000 crowns on myself, and 2000 on my spouse to purchase the Imperial City DLC. Less than a week later, ESO gave the Imperial City DLC to everyone for free lol. In the end, it is what it is. Maybe someone will actually take a moment to look into my account and replace my missing skill points and skill lines...maybe not. Either way, it would be cool to see actual evidence of anyone erroneously earning skill points that they didn't earn via gameplay or cash <3
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 22, 2021 10:08AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I am now minus one skill point (maybe two) after update, my ww was barely new when you stole one from me in November and I never got one back when it was "corrected". My alt became ww in October...I've already morphed the ult twice since then. I knew you'd mess this up, because Zos cannot fix things correctly.

No, it just means you had skill points you didn't earn.

My character was created in October, I made it ww on Oct 21st, I morphed my ult, the November update came, I lost my morph with the skill point. The "correction" update didn't do anything. I didn't have an extra skill point, there's no way I could have been given one! So this whole issue is a giant lie.

If you think there's a genuine issue then you should submit a ticket.

Yes, if you think you are still missing a skill point, then submit a ticket. But, also be aware that while you may have lost a skill point due to WW bug, it's also possible that you also gained an extra skill point at some point prior that you shouldn't have. Maybe it just all evened out for you. You got back the SP you lost, but an "unearned" SP was removed.

Again, support should be able to take a closer look.

Thanks for the reply! :-)

I've read through the forum a few times but still have not found any information as to how anyone would erroneously be granted extra skill points based on the number of Champion skills they purchased. I wasn't aware that you could purchase champion skills. I'm assuming that means unlocking skill lines from the crown store via cash purchases, which I have certainly done.

Gina already explained what this means earlier in the thread here. It is not what you assumed:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7079541/#Comment_7079541

Submitting a ticket, as you did, should prompt someone from ZOS to look at your account on the back end and see if you actually are missing anything. In the meantime, you can run Urich's Skill Point Finder (with the Markarth update) to check yourself, although you will need to remember if you got the 2 skill points from the Folium Discognitum, as USPF isn't reliable there.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 22, 2021 10:08AM