Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Tierlist for Markarth

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very well done I have to say. I've barely been playing as of late so honestly it feels like these rankings have been true for some time.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having done a bit of Stamplar open world these days I have to agree with this list unfortunately. Seems demonstrably worse than in previous patches at least in CP campaign. Haven't done no-cp due to the proc prevalence there.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer is ranked too low in everyway.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    The effects on the meta are so powerful that we have actually considered making a proc set tier list rather than a class tier list

@BohnT id be interested in seeing this proc set tier list mate 😂👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLDR:

$$$$$$ class

rest

get fukt DK
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No risks.

ZOS made this meta too forgiving.

It's a joke.
    Edited by Kikazaru on January 18, 2021 1:57AM
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Sachsen71
    Sachsen71
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, so I know this list is probably outdated now with the new update. But I’m just trying to understand what the three sections of the chart mean on the original post. (Sorry, I’m kind of new to the game and pvp overall.)

So the top two sections labeled “solo-play” and “duo-play” I assume refer to Cyrodiil only? Or is Imperial City included in those categories?

And the bottom section for Smallscale 3-6 - I assume “BG” means Battlegrounds, but I’m not sure what “OW” or “HIGHMMR” mean.

Thanks...
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sachsen71 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, so I know this list is probably outdated now with the new update. But I’m just trying to understand what the three sections of the chart mean on the original post. (Sorry, I’m kind of new to the game and pvp overall.)

So the top two sections labeled “solo-play” and “duo-play” I assume refer to Cyrodiil only? Or is Imperial City included in those categories?

And the bottom section for Smallscale 3-6 - I assume “BG” means Battlegrounds, but I’m not sure what “OW” or “HIGHMMR” mean.

Thanks...

BG -> Battleground
    OW -> Open World
    High MMR -> High Matchmaking Ranking

So you can assume IC was not the main focus of the ranking.

One example:

A MagSorc performs extremely well in OW, but is only average in High MMR matches, because experienced players generally know how to deal with the threat.

A StamWarden performs well all around.

A MagDK was considered a top tier Dueling class in the past, but has always been only average in OW.

A MagNecro is the decisive class in group engagments larger than 4, but is horrible as a solo OW class.

The point of such comparisons is arguably not to encourage players to pick the strongest class, but to find out who needs some buffs in the future: For example, you can easily see that the StamWarden performs well in any situation, which cannot be said of the Nightblade class, or magicka classes as a whole.
    Edited by Thraben on March 12, 2021 4:15PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Sachsen71
    Sachsen71
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

BG -> Battleground
    OW -> Open World
    High MMR -> High Matchmaking Ranking

So you can assume IC was not the main focus of the ranking.

One example:

A MagSorc performs extremely well in OW, but is only average in High MMR matches, because experienced players generally know how to deal with the threat.

A StamWarden performs well all around.

A MagDK was considered a top tier Dueling class in the past, but has always been only average in OW.

A MagNecro is the decisive class in group engagments larger than 4, but is horrible as a solo OW class.

Thank you!

So just to try and understand... in the context of this tier list, does OW mean when you’re in a group of 3-6 players in Cyrodiil?

And would you mind giving me a basic explanation of what High MMR matches are? Does that simply refer to dueling, whether you are in a pvp or a pve zone? Or is that just another name for battlegrounds?
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sachsen71 wrote: »

Thank you!

So just to try and understand... in the context of this tier list, does OW mean when you’re in a group of 3-6 players in Cyrodiil?

And would you mind giving me a basic explanation of what High MMR matches are? Does that simply refer to dueling, whether you are in a pvp or a pve zone? Or is that just another name for battlegrounds?

OW generally refers to solo or duo play; in groups larger 4 it does not really matter, though, as pre-made Cyro 5- people groups are structurally similar to pre-made 4person battleground groups.

High MMR means that succesful groups get typically into matches with other good groups, or high ranking players in the BG quieu. This is particularly the case during prime time, and the results are rather ... extreme. You see the same players over and over again, and high ranked players would desperately try to avoid getting matches against optimized groups, because there is not point fighting them without your own optimized group, not matter how good you are personally.

Concerning "outdated": The list was already outdated when it came out, as magicka classes (except MagSorcs) where ranked too high based on the belief that only those could use certain proc sets. But it is still useful for discussion purposes.
    Edited by Thraben on March 12, 2021 4:33PM

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    Nb damage avoidance 10/10 lol
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New tier list when?
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New tier list when?

Will take a bit longer this patch as the meta hasn't gotten shaken up this much in years.
    Also the difference between BGs and Cyro is immense right now.
    I'll assume the next one will be discussed in maybe 4 weeks but that's just a rough estimate
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New tier list when?

One example concerning "too early":

In week one most people thought MagSorcs were to strong; in the second week suddenly there were " Nerf StamSorcs" threads. In this week I hear very encouraging things from some high ranking MagDKs.

Of course, StamNecroes and StamWardens remain on the top, and MagBlades are in trouble, but between that it's fairly balanced.