The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PvP Tierlist for Markarth

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Not much to say against it, I just would personally put Magsorc in solo a solid A, while Stamsorc goes down to a solid B to the Stamblade. I always felt like Stamsorc and Stamblade are very similar in many points, while Magsorc is considerably stronger than Stamsorc.

I am pretty sure that was once. Stamsorc is at the very least equal. In no CP though without a doubt above magsorc. This is mainly my opinion from fighting plenty of both in no CP. Stamsorc is more dangerous and harder to take out. Magsorc just is not great anymore in any area. People ponder too much of long bygone ages. Stamsorc is at the top now.
    Edited by Dracane on January 8, 2021 3:01PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    The_Lex wrote: »
    I’ve always wanted to run a Magcro in pvp, but always hesitated to grind one up. I’m following this discussion closely and have found it very enlightening.

Following up with this, I may roll a Necro but make it a Dunmer so I can swap between Stam or mag...or Nord. B)

That is what I do. I'm fickle and swap back and forth a lot.
    Dracane wrote: »
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Not much to say against it, I just would personally put Magsorc in solo a solid A, while Stamsorc goes down to a solid B to the Stamblade. I always felt like Stamsorc and Stamblade are very similar in many points, while Magsorc is considerably stronger than Stamsorc.

Magsorc just is not great anymore in any area. People ponder too much of long bygone ages.

Dunmer for the win.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

How could this happen with almost no direct class changes and a big rework that should have affected both sides more or less the same?
    Well the answer has been plaguing PvP since Greymoor: Proc sets.
    More notably the vateshran destruction staff along with some nerfs and bug fixes for stamina proc sets.

This has led to the situation that the offensive toolkit of a class has way less effect on where it'll find itself on the list, what matters this patch is how your defensive toolkit looks like and how good you can stack HP and preferably benefit from that, like warden does with Arctic blast.
    The effects on the meta are so powerful that we have actually considered making a proc set tier list rather than a class tier list, because procs are what define your viability this patch, your class is just the hollow envelope you fit onto them.

*Nods in agreement so hard I get whiplash*
    Edited by StarOfElyon on January 9, 2021 2:30AM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »

The magplar rating is based on a "new" build that has started to spread which makes Magplar really strong in no cp

Man, i really want to see that build. Because right now as magplar i feeling myself like a taste cookie vs any good pvp player on any different class.

The thing is, even if they share their build, you're more playing a combination of proc sets than a magplar. I'm not sure if that will make you feel better about the class, but speaking for myself, it doesn't.

As stated in the Disclaimer and in my rant, we're all playing the proc class with little class skills sprinkled upon it.

I'm holding out with stat-based sets until sanity returns. It has to start with someone.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on January 9, 2021 2:26AM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The magplar rating is based on a "new" build that has started to spread which makes Magplar really strong in no cp

Man, i really want to see that build. Because right now as magplar i feeling myself like a taste cookie vs any good pvp player on any different class.

The thing is, even if they share their build, you're more playing a combination of proc sets than a magplar. I'm not sure if that will make you feel better about the class, but speaking for myself, it doesn't.

As stated in the Disclaimer and in my rant, we're all playing the proc class with little class skills sprinkled upon it.

I'm holding out with stat-based sets until sanity returns. It has to start with someone.

Me too man👍 if it isn't corrected in the next patch I will have to take break I think. It was hard enough to find enjoyment between bad performance. This meta is the worst I've played 😔
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too man👍 if it isn't corrected in the next patch I will have to take break I think. It was hard enough to find enjoyment between bad performance. This meta is the worst I've played 😔

It's rough. You can be doing fine, wasting players crutching on procs, then you run into a good player using them and it's GG
    Edited by techyeshic on January 9, 2021 3:59PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I might do the same if this patch does not move things into the right direction. I do not want to, but it is frustrating.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I might do the same if this patch does not move things into the right direction. I do not want to, but it is frustrating.

Yeah I don't want to take a break either, but I can play single player games until the meta is a little less about sets and high health😂
    I downloaded shadow of war about 6 months a go and have never got round to playing it despite loving shadow of Mordor.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I don't want to take a break either, but I can play single player games until the meta is a little less about sets and high health😂
    I downloaded shadow of war about 6 months a go and have never got round to playing it despite loving shadow of Mordor.

I was writing on my book before ESO sucked me in again. From that perspective, it would be good to get repulsed by ESO so I can focus on what matters. But pvp can be so good when the stars align.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was writing on my book before ESO sucked me in again. From that perspective, it would be good to get repulsed by ESO so I can focus on what matters. But pvp can be so good when the stars align.

I agree with both points👍 I used to write and record a lot of music. Now I spend my free time doing something arguably a lot less enriching. PvP can be amazing, I have been playing a lot of cp where the meta is much less intense. I much prefer no cp and divide my time between BG's and ravenwatch. I'll be reading the patch notes very intently at the end of this month.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if this isn't the most accurate and depressing thread I've read in a while..

As a BG player, I'll say that on NA sDKs are both potent and prevalent, though meta wardens outperform on average, having better and more consitent aoe burst tools.. not to mention the health based stun/heal.

BG/NA's real flavour of the month seems to be Stamsorcs, they are everywhere right now. I've heard of the wonky interaction with Unfathomable but to be honest I've only seen a small handful running that in no cp and didn't really notice the damage mutliplied.

Stamplar.. poor stamplar. NoCP is not kind to them. I actually saw one in the wild yesterday!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also the medium attack crystal weapon bug
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NotFurious
    What magDK build is out there that puts it above magSorc in open world?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotFurious wrote: »
    What magDK build is out there that puts it above magSorc in open world?

Magsorc is not above Magdk in open world, but in the same tier. Classes in a tier perform relatively similar given the scenario.
    Magdk is B-Tier material like Magsorc when they have objects to line of sight.

Neither are great in any area right now, but okay.
    Edited by Dracane on January 10, 2021 2:28AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Well if this isn't the most accurate and depressing thread I've read in a while..

As a BG player, I'll say that on NA sDKs are both potent and prevalent, though meta wardens outperform on average, having better and more consitent aoe burst tools.. not to mention the health based stun/heal.

BG/NA's real flavour of the month seems to be Stamsorcs, they are everywhere right now. I've heard of the wonky interaction with Unfathomable but to be honest I've only seen a small handful running that in no cp and didn't really notice the damage mutliplied.

Stamplar.. poor stamplar. NoCP is not kind to them. I actually saw one in the wild yesterday!

Unfathomable will scale with Hurricane if Hurricane is the damage that procs the set. But it is still subpar compared to other proc sets because you can't control the damage or who it hits. Ravager procs each Hurricane tick making it an actually usable stat set.

My opinion is that speed is addicting, and whenever it is remotely viable, stamsorc is the most fun to play. So they all show up at once if the class is competitive.
    Edited by katorga on January 10, 2021 4:18PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you elaborate? What's the bug?
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Unfathomable will scale with Hurricane if Hurricane is the damage that procs the set. But it is still subpar compared to other proc sets because you can't control the damage or who it hits. Ravager procs each Hurricane tick making it an actually usable stat set.

My opinion is that speed is addicting, and whenever it is remotely viable, stamsorc is the most fun to play. So they all show up at once if the class is competitive.

Stamsorc is a lot of fun. I've been trying to figure out how these sets help them based on tooltip and had to search for what they really do, and that indicates to me that it won't last forever. Probably long enough though; given this dev team
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im not entirely sure if its limited to 2h, but a medium attack with crystal makes the damage way too high. I think it can be done with bow (which would explain why my stam sorc was plinking people) not entirely sure. @Grimlok_S

Edit: not sure about bow, reliable info on the 2h tho
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 10, 2021 6:24PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im not entirely sure if its limited to 2h, but a medium attack with crystal makes the damage way too high. I think it can be done with bow (which would explain why my stam sorc was plinking people) not entirely sure. @Grimlok_S

Yes, bow works. Damage can go up to about 100% when you can time the medium attack well enough before it becomes a fully charged. This is what I read on Discord, but I believe them.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need to put up the proc set tier as it is the main driver now.

Ran into a stam warden with 45k hp running crimson, sellistrix, and venomous smite. Ran faster than my orc NB with ring of wild hunt. So must have had swift. But how do they sustain?? Used arctic blast, swarm and of course the ever present shalks and DB

Syvarra scales, venomous hunt, unleashed terror, unfathomable darkness, sheer venom (much less now), crimson; for stam these seem to be the main ones
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Theignson you sustain because Malacath makes it easy to invest in regen rather than damage. The buff to the major buffs 40% makes a huge difference and is as easy as using a tri potion.

Heavy attack return is another source of sustain
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been a pretty huge explosion in their population lately, indeed. I think most of it comes down to two main things: 1) Procs + mobility + strong self healing/sustain are a really powerful combination (especially since you can trigger Unleashed Terror in a large AOE with Streak), and 2) these 1-shot builds with Crystal Weapon + Vateshran 2h are proliferating pretty rapidly, and can even make people feel like they're not part of any kind of "proc meta." After all, they're only using 1 proc, unlike whoever it is they just blew up with 20k damage in one GCD.

Frankly, if all of the most complained about proc sets and HP-based heals went away, I think Stam Sorc would become the #1 offensively-focused class in no-CP overnight. Crystal Weapon's timing is the easiest/most reliable delayed burst to coordinate with a Vateshran 2h "proc," and the mobility is still by far the best in the game, obviously. They also won't really lose any healing power, since most aren't utilizing the Clannfear with health stacking.

I hadn't heard of this bug before, so I did a little casual testing on an alt character that I don't even have a "real" build for. My highest damage Crystal Weapon procs were from a bow, with DW being second place and ahead of 2h. All weapons were blue quality, and only the 2h gave me any set bonus (but that was just crit chance). As @Dracane alluded to, it seems as though damage was higher - and sometimes substantially so - if I released the "medium" attack just before it became a full heavy.

Not sure just how much of the absurdity of the 1-shot builds is attributable to people abusing a bug with Crystal Weapon, though, since most of the damage numbers that I see are all pretty close together. I had assumed that the occasional outlier was just due to me having buffs fall off, but in light of the information about it being bugged, that may not be the case.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does not everyone say that magicka Warden is one of the worst classes in existence?
    I personally do not, yet I am surprised to see it solidified here.

I wouldn't say it's the worst, but I think MagDK, Magplar, and Magsorc all have better mechanics. I find those 3 much more threatening than a Magden.
    Edited by taugrim on January 11, 2021 8:01AM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Warden which has been seen as a mediocre spec is now on the same level as its stamina counterparts.
    Knowledgeable players have stated how every single magicka class is better than their stamina brethren.

How could this happen with almost no direct class changes and a big rework that should have affected both sides more or less the same?
    More notably the vateshran destruction staff along with some nerfs and bug fixes for stamina proc sets.

The Vateshran Destro staff is very strong. I rank it up there with Crimson Twilight in terms of its strength relative to other weapon sets or 5-pc sets respectively.

That said, I still find Stamina classes to be stronger as damage dealers in No-CP BGs. They can pressure much harder.

I'm talking about PC NA, reasonably high MMR.

I've only played 3 4 of the 6 classes, but based on PC NA reasonably high MMR, here's my gut feel rankings for No-CP BGs:

S: MagDK, Stamcro, Stamden, Magsorc, StamDK
    A: Magsorc, Stamsorc, Magplar, MagDK, StamDK
    B: Stamblade
    C: Magblade, Magden, Stamplar
    D : Magcro
    Edited by taugrim on January 28, 2021 7:22PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, bow works. Damage can go up to about 100% when you can time the medium attack well enough before it becomes a fully charged. This is what I read on Discord, but I believe them.

Closer to 300%
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Closer to 300%
    I went back and looked at some screenshots of Combat Metrics from a few weeks ago, and it turns out that two outliers for Crystal Weapon damage did indeed come from "medium" attacks with a bow. There was a particular Stam Sorc that was wearing Way of Fire, Oblivion's Foe, and not using a Vateshran 2h weapon, which means that his offensive stats would be fairly poor compared to all of these more typical "1-shot builds" that have started proliferating in PC-NA BGs. But even with lesser stats, he still managed to hit me with Crystal Weapon for up to 7,748 damage on a non-crit (99.9% sure he was using Malacath, though), vs 4k - 5k on more typical hits from 2h/DW.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    ThePedge wrote: »

Closer to 300%
    I went back and looked at some screenshots of Combat Metrics from a few weeks ago, and it turns out that two outliers for Crystal Weapon damage did indeed come from "medium" attacks with a bow. There was a particular Stam Sorc that was wearing Way of Fire, Oblivion's Foe, and not using a Vateshran 2h weapon, which means that his offensive stats would be fairly poor compared to all of these more typical "1-shot builds" that have started proliferating in PC-NA BGs. But even with lesser stats, he still managed to hit me with Crystal Weapon for up to 7,748 damage on a non-crit (99.9% sure he was using Malacath, though), vs 4k - 5k on more typical hits from 2h/DW.

Someone using Way of Fire etc etc?

/eyesnarrow
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, I only saw a 10-20% increase on DW medium attacks on a dummy.. Will have to try other weapons.
    (weird that it is scaling at all, but interesting you're seeing a lot more gain than I am.)
    taugrim wrote: »
    Magicka Warden which has been seen as a mediocre spec is now on the same level as its stamina counterparts.
    Knowledgeable players have stated how every single magicka class is better than their stamina brethren.

The Vateshran Destro staff is very strong. I rank it up there with Crimson Twilight in terms of its strength relative to other weapon sets or 5-pc sets respectively.

That said, I still find Stamina classes to be stronger as damage dealers in No-CP BGs. They can pressure much harder.

I've only played 3 of the 6 classes, but based on PC NA reasonably high MMR, here's my gut feel rankings for No-CP BGs:

S: MagDK, Stamcro, Stamden
    A: Magsorc, Stamsorc, Magplar, StamDK

Hey, but what about Stamina specs with Vat destro? B)

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    k

Interesting, I only saw a 10-20% increase on DW medium attacks on a dummy.. Will have to try other weapons.
    (weird that it is scaling at all, but interesting you're seeing a lot more gain than I am.)
    taugrim wrote: »

I've only played 3 of the 6 classes, but based on PC NA reasonably high MMR, here's my gut feel rankings for No-CP BGs:

S: MagDK, Stamcro, Stamden
    A: Magsorc, Stamsorc, Magplar, StamDK

Hey, but what about Stamina specs with Vat destro? B)

They have combined pen, weapons LA/HA scale off either stat, pretty soon they will combine crit. Every build will be a hybrid.

Back at release, we had stat soft caps and every weapon LA/HA including staves scaled off weapon damage. Classes were essentially all hybrids then too.
    Edited by katorga on January 12, 2021 8:25PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    It's hard to take this tierlist seriously with mag necro so highly rated on there. Mag necro is viable right now SOLELY because of proc dots and even so, there's no execute power. The offensive kit basically just consists of buggy blastbones and everything else is proc damage. Even the proc damage is worse than stam, though, hence why you see tons of stam necros at high mmr but not as many mag ones. The class is on the tankier end, but has no mobility, offensive cc, etc. For bgs at least, there's less than a handful of actual high mmr, skilled mag necro mains on PC NA, and that's for a reason.

For premades, it definitely adds a bit of utility but nothing really better than what a magden, magdk, or magplar would add.

Healing and tankiness doesn't make you a DPS threat to more mobile stamina classes for solo and small scale

Stamnb followed by stamden, stamcro, stam sorc, and then everything else is the tier list for solo pvp.

For small scale PVP magicka classes are good for support and nothing more.

Source: 5 mins of YouTube
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on January 13, 2021 6:34PM