Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Which "fake" role makes your dungeon group fail most?

• Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fake Tank
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Glurin wrote: »
    Yes. It is that broad. Combat pets automatically provide damage. Every tank provides damage. Every healer provides damage. Heck depending on your proc set, you can literally afk and provide damage. When the damage defined is any non-zero number than literally anyone is a dps that's playing thr game.

Everyone technically is a DPS. The role simply says DPS is your focus.

If everyone is a dps, then there is no such thing as a dps. Again, your definition is so broad as to lose all meaning. By your arbitrary standards doctors are anyone who throws a bandaid on someone, heat isn't necessary for baking, etc etc. In the real world, job titles have standards before you can claim them. And your standards would wind up in many real world jobs with someone sued for fraud.

Words do have meanings. And a definition should never be so broad as to encompass literally everyone.

Wrong. Everyone being a DPS is a technicality, hence the word "technically". Tanks and healers both do damage, but that is NOT their primary focus, which is why we don't call them damage dealers.

When you put a bandaid on someone, you are technically being a doctor. That doesn't mean it is your job to be one.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS
    When you put a bandaid on someone, you are technically being a doctor. That doesn't mean it is your job to be one.

👎

No. Getting the minimum knowledge required from school and the proper licenses makes you a doctor. Not everyone who can put on a band-aid is a doctor. A doctor meets certain standards over and beyond what normal people can do for at home healing.

At this point, i don't even think you believe this. I just think you take exception to people accidentally faking being lumped in with people who are intentionally doing it, and are willing to torture defintions of faking to make it separate.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 14, 2020 9:42PM
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fake Tank
    In a dps slot, it's usually because their own ego makes them blind of their shortcomings or they are actively seeking to be carried.

That doesn't make them fake. They queued as DPS, they suck at DPS, but they never intended to be anything other than DPS. You'll find people in every profession who let their own ego get in the way, and some of them are actually quite good at their job. But they're not fake if they're doing the job they were hired to do.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fake Tank

👎

No. Getting the minimum knowledge required from school and the proper licenses makes you a doctor. Not everyone who can put on a band-aid is a doctor. A doctor meets certain standards over and beyond what normal people can do for at home healing.

At this point, i don't even think you believe this. I just think you take exception to people accidentally faking being lumped in with people who are intentionally doing it, and are willing to torture defintions of faking to make it separate.

I didn't say they were a doctor. I said they were technically being one. In fact I believe I have specifically pointed out to you multiple times now that a technicality doesn't automatically make that your job.

I'm not the one trying to change the dictionary here. Bad DPS is not the same thing as fake DPS. You can't be a fake DPS if you're not pretending to be a DPS.
    Options
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fake DPS
    iksde wrote: »
    Daemonai wrote: »
    Just here to echo that there is no such thing as a fake DPS. The only way you can have a fake DPS is if the player does no damage the entire dungeon, otherwise, it is just bad DPS.

thats why there is also no thing such like fake tank

"fake" tanks are just not aware how "taunting" in ESO looks in compare to many other games and they want just to generate threat by dealing most damage as they can nd it works or not, to their fault this game have nowhere written they cant hold agro on mobs by generating thread by damaging them

it is time to stop calling people fake tanks!

I know you're trying to be sarcastic here, but really? Fake tanks are quite clearly defined. You join the queue as a tank with absolutely no intention of tanking for the express purpose of skipping the line, potentially screwing over the entire group because of your selfishness.

The same does not apply to DPS. Why? Because nobody in their right mind would ever queue as a DPS with no intention of doing any damage for the express purpose of having a longer wait time. It just doesn't happen.

A tank without a taunt is a failed tank. At least some have DPS. B)
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS

👎

I didn't say they were a doctor. I said they were technically being one. In fact I believe I have specifically pointed out to you multiple times now that a technicality doesn't automatically make that your job.

I'm not the one trying to change the dictionary here. Bad DPS is not the same thing as fake DPS. You can't be a fake DPS if you're not pretending to be a DPS.

Fake =/= fraudulent. It doesn't require deceit. Fake is a synonym but their meaning is not exactly the same. They can be used the same, but if it's not the genuine deal it's a fake. Fraud is always used for deceit, it requires it.

And yes, you are making that case when you claim everyone is a dps and there are no standards whatsoever for having the job of dps. Which is as preposterous as anyone is a doctor.

You are not being a doctor when you put on a band-aid. You are taking care of your health but a doctor is a job title that requires a baseline level of competency to qualify for. Likewise anyone can do damage, but to be a dps there is a baseline level of competency to qualify for. If you don't meet that standard, you are not a dps, regardless of your intentions.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 14, 2020 10:04PM
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fake Tank

👎

Fake =/= fraudulent. It doesn't require deceit. Fake is a synonym but their meaning is not exactly the same. They can be used the same, but if it's not the genuine deal it's a fake. Fraud is always used for deceit, it requires it.

And yes, you are making that case when you claim everyone is a dps and there are no standards whatsoever for having the job of dps. Which is as preposterous as anyone is a doctor.

You are not being a doctor when you put on a band-aid. You are taking care of your health but a doctor is a job title that requires a baseline level of competency to qualify for. Likewise anyone can do damage, but to be a dps there is a baseline level of competency to qualify for. If you don't meet that standard, you are not a dps, regardless of your intentions.

So queue jumping DPS are fraudulent tanks and healers then, got it. :D
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fake Tank

No, in fact you are the one making that claim. You're trying to build a strawman by clinging to a technicality and trying to disprove it. I have told you several times already that the job of DPS is to focus on doing damage. It doesn't matter how much they do or how much other's do. As long as that's their primary focus, that's all that matters.

You are the one who made the claim everyone who does damage is a DPS therefore nobody is a DPS, which is ludicrous. Everyone who does damage is technically a DPS, but a technicality is not a job title. Tanks and healers are not forbidden from doing doing any damage any more than DPS are forbidden from taking any damage or doing any healing.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS

No, in fact you are the one making that claim. You're trying to build a strawman by clinging to a technicality and trying to disprove it. I have told you several times already that the job of DPS is to focus on doing damage. It doesn't matter how much they do or how much other's do. As long as that's their primary focus, that's all that matters.

You are the one who made the claim everyone who does damage is a DPS therefore nobody is a DPS, which is ludicrous. Everyone who does damage is technically a DPS, but a technicality is not a job title. Tanks and healers are not forbidden from doing doing any damage any more than DPS are forbidden from taking any damage or doing any healing.

And by focus on it, you mean do any non-zero number and not anything remotely in the realm of standards. Which yes mean your definition is so broad that everyone is a dps, combat pets are a dps rather than a skill, and even equipping proc sets you can wear while afk makes you a dps.

It's not a strawman nor a technicality. That is the defintion you are using and you've made that very clear. You can't act like "focus" changes this defintion when by "focus" you mean does any amount over zero.

All because you won't admit that fake is not used in 100% the same way as fraud.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 14, 2020 11:25PM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS
    renne wrote: »

👎

So queue jumping DPS are fraudulent tanks and healers then, got it. :D

@renne

Yup. Technically, in additon to being fake they are also "guilty" of fraud.

This is because they faked through deceit rather than unintentionally.

To use a metaphor that isn't perfect but shows the concept....

Like most people have paid with a fake dollar bill at some point in their lives. There are just a lot in circulation and most don't go searching for fakes or even know how. If you pay with a fake without meaning to it doesn't make your dollar bill any less fake. It's not a real dollar. BUT, you're not additionally guilty of fraud because there was no intent. You're not a fraud but you did attempt to pass a fake bill.

Fake tanks/healers always know they are faking, so they are fakes and frauds. Fake DPS don't necessarily know better. So they might be fake but they aren't frauds.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 14, 2020 11:27PM
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fake Tank

And by focus on it, you mean do any non-zero number

No, actually, that's not what the word "focus" means. Stop trying to change the dictionary.

When you focus on something, it means you prioritize and direct your energy to a particular task. It's entirely possible to completely fail at said task while focused on it. That doesn't mean you were faking it.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS

No, actually, that's not what the word "focus" means. Stop trying to change the dictionary.

When you focus on something, it means you prioritize and direct your energy to a particular task. It's entirely possible to completely fail at said task while focused on it. That doesn't mean you were faking it.

I am not trying to try to change the dictionary. I am saying that your attachment of the word focus to your definition is meaningless fluff that doesn't change the substance of your argument. Because you claim that ANY amount of damage is focusing on dps. Literally any amount. Since the difference in amount of damage expected between "focused" and "not focused" is non-existent, the use of the word there is completely meaningless to your argument.

A dps, by your defintion, is anyone doing a non-zero amount amount of damage.

Which means if I equip a proc set, queue up as a damage, and proceed to play on my phone without attempting to help the group at all and just following behind them kinda. I am a dps. Because my set will do damage. Same as if I afk run with my pets. A healer is a dps. A tank is a dps. A bot that just tosses one light attack per boss to get credit is a dps.

If you object to that then you agree with me. That this is completely unreasonable as a definition and that there is, in fact, a baseline level of competency required to fulfil the job of dps.

These things are not "technicalities" they are straightforward uses of your definition. Anyone dealing a non-zero amount of damage
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 14, 2020 11:56PM
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fake Tank

I am not trying to try to change the dictionary. I am saying that your attachment of the word focus to your definition is meaningless fluff that doesn't change the substance of your argument. Because you claim that ANY amount of damage is focusing on dps. Literally any amount.

That's where you're wrong. I said the amount doesn't matter. Focusing on doing damage results in doing damage, not the other way around. Trying to nitpick technicalities and change the meaning of words isn't going to prove me wrong no matter how much you try.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS

I am not trying to try to change the dictionary. I am saying that your attachment of the word focus to your definition is meaningless fluff that doesn't change the substance of your argument. Because you claim that ANY amount of damage is focusing on dps. Literally any amount.

That's where you're wrong. I said the amount doesn't matter. Focusing on doing damage results in doing damage, not the other way around. Trying to nitpick technicalities and change the meaning of words isn't going to prove me wrong no matter how much you try.

No. It doesn't. Focusing on doing damage is completely unnecessary to doing damage. I can literally go afk and do damage on my pet sorc. I have. One time I was running with guild mates, and I ran to go afk to deal with a personal issue accidentally leaving the mic unmuted. My guild mates heard me and decided to pull the boss to me so that I got credit since I suddenly stopped close enough to the boss to do that. And then went and waited for me at the final boss.

I wasn't even there but my pet did do damage and I was able to loot. I thanked them for waiting when I got back.

By your defintion, I was a dps in that fight. I mean I queued for the role and did damage. So that makes me a dps. Sure I was afk but that's just a technicality, right?
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fake Tank
    To be fair, guys, I don't think you're going to convince each other or change each other's mind at this stage.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS
    renne wrote: »
    To be fair, guys, I don't think you're going to convince each other or change each other's mind at this stage.

I don't think I will change his mind. But maybe someone reading will change their mind. I think if more people understood that they do have some responsibility to try to do enough damage to clear, everyone would have a lot more fun. And isn't that what a game should be at the end of the day?
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fake Tank

No. It doesn't. Focusing on doing damage is completely unnecessary to doing damage.

I never said it was necessary.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on December 15, 2020 2:09AM
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tank
    There is no such thing as a fake damage dealer. "Fake" implies that you advertise yourself as something you're not for beneficial reasons, and there is no reason to pose as a damage dealer that may be beneficial, unless you specifically enjoy wasting half an hour in queue instead of half a minute.

There are people who really don't deal much damage, but they are not "fake", they are just "not good yet". Or maybe they put less emphasis on the crazy damage levels this community has and instead try to be somewhat able to survive. As someone who frequently play a healer, I love the latter ones.

There are some terrible damage dealers, though :

- The PvP-style headless chicken. Probably think they are in Cyrodiil, keep tumbling and rolling, preferably as far away as they can from the healer, even when there are no AoE or whatever reason to actually dodge. Usually end up without stamina, far away from the healer, and die quickly after that.

- The glass canon damage dealer. Usualy deals impressive amounts of damage, but instantly dies the moment a strong enemy looks sideways at them. Their HP knows only two states : completely full, and completely empty. Need I remind you that the damage dealing ability of dead people is exactly zero ? As someone who's been doing Darkshade Cavern 2 ad nauseam recently for a lead that took way too long to drop, I've had so much fun with them... No use in spamming heals when the final boss releases poison, they're dead the moment it happens.

Then of course you can combo those and get the headless chicken glass canon. As a healer, I usually don't bother even trying to heal them and will instead focus on the tank and other damage dealer who are actually positioning themselves right and actually making it possible for me to heal them.

But as bad as those may be, they are nothing compared to fake tanks and fake healers. Firt, because at least they're not selfish f***s who disrespect other people by posing as something they are not to bypass the queue. Then, depending on the dungeon, they can relly mess the group, or just be general annoyances.

Like this fake tank who coulnd't even wait for the whole group to finish loading the dungeon and rushed to the first boss only to get himself killed. And kept wasting my mana as a healer because he was even more fragile than the other 2 damage dealers. All the while not having a single skill to hold aggro.

Fake healers don't usually bother me as much, because I'm usually the healer, or the tank with some self-survival skills, or a damage dealer with some less than impressive damage output but zero strain placed on the healer.

Finally, bear in mind that the more common fake tanks and fake healers are, the more natural it is for people to expect grouping with them, and thus the more damage dealer with less emphasis on damage and more emphasis on being able to save themselves we'll have.

Fake tanks then fake healers are the worst, and there is no such thing as a fake damage dealer (but there are many dumb damage dealers).
    Edited by Uryel on December 15, 2020 4:33PM
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tank
    tonight after getting an fake tank in que (dlc) that for life of him couldnt live or roll out of sh** and healer with bow lol i said to myself it be faster to hold off 15 mins so i left group , and being i was on my 1 pet sorc i got inter fire and qued as an tank , SO HERES THE QUESTION WAS I TANK OR DD ? i kept all add pulls and bosses taunted to me 100% while doing 63% - 76% of the dps on bosses , i used 1 skill outside my normal set up as DD to become TANK that would put 75% of all dd,s to shame ,SO AGING IF I KEEP SAID SKILL AND BECOME FULL TIME TANK , HOW MANY DD,S THAT CALL THEMSELFS GOOD GOING TO BECOME FAKES AS AN TANKS OUT DPS'ING THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as to be an tank all you got to do is hold taunt and not die , easy with 30k health, 2 shields, burst heal , hot , high damage skills, with best ex in game !!!!!!!

TIME TO BRING THE BUBBLE TANK BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THEN THE SAP TANK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #MAKE ALL DD'S FAKE AGING
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on December 15, 2020 12:08PM
    Options
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS
    ehh ok so to people saying there is nothing like fake dd...

you know something like "slang" exist and you use it anyway in daily while playing any game?

this feeling where people will have bad arguments to argue for something or dont have at all so they start arguing just to name of something named by "slang"
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fake DPS
    Uryel wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a fake damage dealer. "Fake" implies that you advertise yourself as something you're not for beneficial reasons, and there is no reason to pose as a damage dealer that may be beneficial, unless you specifically enjoy wasting half an hour in queue instead of half a minute.

There are people who really don't deal much damage, but they are not "fake", they are just "not good yet". Or maybe they put less emphasis on the crazy damage levels this community has and instead try to be somewhat able to survive. As someone who frequently play a healer, I love the latter ones.
    @Uryel I recently went to vet Maarselok as healer with some randoms. One of the dds had a healing staff equipped as his only weapon and he spend most of his time with healing staff light attacks and spamming rapid regen.
    How would you name such a player? In my opinion that's clearly a fake dd.
    Options
  • MorganaLaVey
    MorganaLaVey
    ✭✭✭
    Very funny discussion :) . IMO there is not only black and white to this topic. Thigs often have shades of gray and multiple layers. Sometimes the same thing is wrong on one layer and right on another at the same time. Like in this case. Lets come back to the cooking exemple:

Tecnical Layer: You cook an egg -> you are the cook of the egg -> you are a cook. (only a fool would agrue against it)
    Practical Layer: You can only cook eggs? None will recognise/ accept you as a cook because you cant fulfíll whats comonly expected of a cook. You should not go arround and call yourself a cook. (only a fool would agrue against it)

Tecnical Layer: You act in a TikTok video -> you are the actor in the video -> you are an actor.
    Practical Layer: If you call yourself an actor for making TikTok videos everyone will laugh about you because you cant fulfíll whats comonly expected of a actor. You should not go arround and call yourself a actor.

Tecnical Layer: You impregnate a woman on a one night stand -> your a father.
    Practical Layer: If you FO right after, none will recognise/ accept you as the father because you cant fulfíll whats comonly expected of a father. You should not go arround and call yourself the father.

Also works the other way around:

Tecnical Layer: Man raises a child that is not his -> hes not the father
    Practical Layer: Everyone will recognise/ accept him as the father because he does fulfíll whats comonly expected of a father. He has every right to go arround and call himself the father.

Got to your foster perents and tell them theyre not your perents. you are tecnicly right but they will still feel hurt as shiiit.

So 5k DPS are tecnicaly real DPS but practicly they are not.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tank

@Uryel I recently went to vet Maarselok as healer with some randoms. One of the dds had a healing staff equipped as his only weapon and he spend most of his time with healing staff light attacks and spamming rapid regen.

AN TROLL
    SOMEONE WANTING TO BE KICKED
    can go on for days but fake dps wont be one ,as even tho it was trash dps it was dps the role they qued for
    Options
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS
    Very funny discussion :) . IMO there is not only black and white to this topic. Thigs often have shades of gray and multiple layers. Sometimes the same thing is wrong on one layer and right on another at the same time. Like in this case. Lets come back to the cooking exemple:

Tecnical Layer: You cook an egg -> you are the cook of the egg -> you are a cook. (only a fool would agrue against it)
    Practical Layer: You can only cook eggs? None will recognise/ accept you as a cook because you cant fulfíll whats comonly expected of a cook. You should not go arround and call yourself a cook. (only a fool would agrue against it)

Tecnical Layer: You act in a TikTok video -> you are the actor in the video -> you are an actor.
    Practical Layer: If you call yourself an actor for making TikTok videos everyone will laugh about you because you cant fulfíll whats comonly expected of a actor. You should not go arround and call yourself a actor.

Tecnical Layer: You impregnate a woman on a one night stand -> your a father.
    Practical Layer: If you FO right after, none will recognise/ accept you as the father because you cant fulfíll whats comonly expected of a father. You should not go arround and call yourself the father.

Also works the other way around:

Tecnical Layer: Man raises a child that is not his -> hes not the father
    Practical Layer: Everyone will recognise/ accept him as the father because he does fulfíll whats comonly expected of a father. He has every right to go arround and call himself the father.

Got to your foster perents and tell them theyre not your perents. you are tecnicly right but they will still feel hurt as shiiit.

So 5k DPS are tecnicaly real DPS but practicly they are not.

you are all right and at the end I will add to you this 5k dps which i technically dps then we all can agree tanks and healer are same dps technically xD givint this logic to someone arguing here for "everyone are dps"
    so well yes but actually no XD
    Options
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS
    and now the best for me just from moment ago, nothing better than going on vet Stone Garden and doing 75%-80%+ of group dps

nothing better than get so "great" dps in dlc dung like this :| and them group is surpised they cant go for dps check boss or people are leaving when they want so badly to keep this bad dps in group which I will anyawy call fake cuz all will know anyway what that mean and slang is not something to not know about this
    Options
  • Jeirno
    Jeirno
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS

There are some terrible damage dealers, though :

- The PvP-style headless chicken. Probably think they are in Cyrodiil, keep tumbling and rolling, preferably as far away as they can from the healer, even when there are no AoE or whatever reason to actually dodge. Usually end up without stamina, far away from the healer, and die quickly after that.

- The glass canon damage dealer. Usualy deals impressive amounts of damage, but instantly dies the moment a string enemy looks sideways at them. Their HP knows only two states : completely full, and completely empty. Need I remind you that the damage dealing ability of dead people is exactly zero ? As someone who's been doing Darkshade Cavern 2 ad nauseam recently for a lead that took way too long to drop, I've had so much fun with them... No use in spamming heals when the final boss releases poison, they're dead the moment it happens.

Then of course you can combo those and get the headless chicken glass canon. As a healer, I usually don't bother even trying to heal them and will instead focus on the tank and other damage dealer who are actually positioning themselves right and actually making it possible for me to heal them.

But as bad as those may be, they are nothing compared to fake tanks and fake healers. Firt, because at least they're not selfish f***s who disrespect other people by posing as something they are not to bypass the queue. Then, depending on the dungeon, they can relly mess the group, or just be general annoyances.

Like this fake tank who coulnd't even wait for the whole group to finish loading the dungeon and rushed to the first boss only to get himself killed. And kept wasting my mana as a healer because he was even more fragile than the other 2 damage dealers. All the while not having a single skill to hold aggro.

Fake healers don't usually bother me as much, because I'm usually the healer, or the tank with some self-survival skills, or a damage dealer with some less than impressive damage output but zero strain placed on the healer.

Finally, bear in mind that the more common fake tanks and fake healers are, the more natural it is for people to expect grouping with them, and thus the more damage dealer with less emphasis on damage and more emphasis on being able to save themselves we'll have.

Fake tanks then fake healers are the worst, and there is no such thing as a fake damage dealer (but there are many dumb damage dealers).

I have seen a lot of "fake damage dealers" but in reality they are most likely just stupid people, was doing a random normal on my MagSors DD, I qued as a tank, like I always do for random normals, I slot inner rage and crit surge so the healer wont have to worry about me since there really isn't anything to heal in normals anyway if you just nuke the mobs. Well turned out to be ICP, no problem with that easily tankable bosses even as a 20k hp DD. My group ended up being a Warden healer, and 1 stamblade pvp dude with 5k dps and then this dummy, a fake dpsl. 46k health wearing Ebon and Worm, with double bows, and guess what this guy did? only LA spam, never saw the guy use a skill during the dungeon and I was literally just looking at this guy for the whole dungeon after the first boss. His dps 2k. Our healer did 10k after him and I noticed that our group dps was dog *** and he slotted a few more dmg skills. I was doing around 50-60k during boss fights while holding agro. And the best part about all this was that the 46k hp guy, was rushing ahead of us all and dying instantly.

Other examples of fake DPS, sword and shield double barred spamming taunt, and when asked if they are a tank, they say no, they are DD.

And this is the whole reason why I queue as fake tank for random norms or easy vPledges on my sorc. I can taunt bosses and big mobs if needed, carry the group dmg and keep myself alive, I don't care if I get a fake healer in my random norm group/easy vPledges. More dps=faster nuking which means no need to heal anyone, but fake dps/stupid people are the real cancer imo. They make easy dungeons much harder than they are supposed to be by not being able to deal dmg, use skills and so on.

DPS is king in this game.
    Options
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake DPS
    The most interesting thing about fake dps is that they don't even know they are fake dps.
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tank

I'd say, likely someone who forgot to change their role. As I said, there is no beneficial reasopn to pose as a damage dealer when you're not one. All they gained was longer queue delay, and that's it. Or maybe they were trolling. I tend not to factor trolls, because I can understand greed and selfishness, not plain, outright mindless stupidity.

Now, my wife had a run with a fake healer today. Guy kept rushing headlong and dying. Near the end of the dungeon, guy outburted and raged about how s***ty their fake healer was... Only to be reminded by someone else that HE was the healer. Guy was all "oh crap, sorry guys, didn't notice !".

So,yeah, some of those "fakes" might actually be legit mistakes. But maybe I'm wrong and there is indeed a beneficial reasson to pose as a fake DD. I really can't fathom what it may be, though.
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tank
    hexnotic wrote: »
    The most interesting thing about fake dps is that they don't even know they are fake dps.

Which means they are not fake damage dealers, just bad at what they do. Like pretty much every manager in every company ever.
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tank
    Jeirno wrote: »
    I have seen a lot of "fake damage dealers" but in reality they are most likely just stupid people

Agreed, but "stupid" isn't the same as "fake". Fake implies the intent to cheat someone / everyone. That guys is just braindead.
    Jeirno wrote: »
    DPS is king in this game.

And that might be one of the main issue that ruins balance in this game.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.