Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dwemer as a new race in a future chapter.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no :s , I know it is part of the lore, but I truly dislike almost everything about the Dwemer. The Dwemer are long gone and that's the best part of them. It is bad enough we have Dwemer ruins and content like Clockwork City.

Two amazing parts of the lore you hate? Lol
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    Olauron wrote: »
    itscompton wrote: »
    Just a reminder for those saying No and Never because of lore: the same was said about having dragons in the game once upon a time.
    If it will sell expansions and make money they'll figure out a way to work it into the cannon.
    That doesn't make dragons less ridiculous. That doesn't make known and inhabited Blackreach less ridiculous. That doesn't make imperial Seyda Need in 2nd era less ridiculous. But the thing is, the fewer ridiculous things in ESO, the better.

Yet you give plenty of examples why I'm right. They respect the lore unless it gets in the way of something they want to do that will make them money, in which case they invent a reason for it.
    Not saying it's right or wrong, just that's the reality of how it works.

After the farce of Argonian Maid it is clear, that ZOS can do anything for the sake of fan service. It doesn't mean, though, that ZOS will do it or should do it.
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Also, I posted this earlier but it bears repeating;

You don't need to have Zos break the lore to make a dwemer for you. You can just make one yourself. I did.
    [pictures]

It was pretty easy, and you can do it in game right now.
    I am not convinced that dwemer should have dunmer skin. As you remember, chimer were cursed into dunmer just after the dwemer disappearance. I don't remember anything about dunmer that they got new skin and were like "hey, we look just like dwemer now".
    I think dwemer were more like maormer with pale (light grey) skin, dwemer from the underground absence of sun and maormer from the mist absence of sun.
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    They would be dumb to do this on this game. If the Dwemer ever do return it would have to be in an epic storyline on a main Elder Scrolls title.

Are you implying the largest TES game in the entire series with more lore, quests and content then everyother TES game combined is somehow not a main Elder Scrolls title?

Yes.

Because it's not.

How exactly? Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind have far less content, ESO should not be considered a "Side-story" given it's scope, it isn't some provincial spin'-off limited to one part of Tamriel and the events that transpire seem far more significant., the Oblivion Crisis seems like a literal joke compared to the planemeld and the feats of the LDB and Nerevarine seems rather tame compared to what the Vestige has accomplished even thus far.

If anything ESO IS the Elder Scrolls and games like Skyrim are just "numbered side-stories" with less significant events.
    ESO is not made by BGS.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

Reasoning as to why it will never happen and will be a terrible idea? Nearly every single reply to this thread from others that the OP seems to ignore in favour of "here's one book from an unreliable narrator i keep quoting".

This same thread can be considered one of the many recurring threads on these forums, and every time it is rightfully shot down. Next topic, please.
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1800+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS/Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
    Lavinia Telvanni - Dunmer Arcanist MagDPS - EP
    Studies-Dark-Secrets - Argonian Arcanist StamDPS - EP
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭✭
    i will drop the game if they do it. You offer giant unlore *** (sorry, no sorry)
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭✭
    the only way to see the dwemer in the ESO is Yagrum Bagarn the one and only
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surely any new race will be in some way Daedric related if a new race is happening at all.
    What we are fairly certain of is that the next chapter will be in cyrodill and as it coincides with the oblivion anniversary it most likely be heavily daedric.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO!

Never...never, never, NEVER!

NO!
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They would be dumb to do this on this game. If the Dwemer ever do return it would have to be in an epic storyline on a main Elder Scrolls title.

Are you implying the largest TES game in the entire series with more lore, quests and content then everyother TES game combined is somehow not a main Elder Scrolls title?

Yes.

Because it's not.

How exactly? Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind have far less content, ESO should not be considered a "Side-story" given it's scope, it isn't some provincial spin'-off limited to one part of Tamriel and the events that transpire seem far more significant., the Oblivion Crisis seems like a literal joke compared to the planemeld and the feats of the LDB and Nerevarine seems rather tame compared to what the Vestige has accomplished even thus far.

If anything ESO IS the Elder Scrolls and games like Skyrim are just "numbered side-stories" with less significant events.

How exactly? Well simply because the developers themselves don't say it is part of the main series. It is however considered to be canon. A canon spinoff of the main series - the main series, which is made by Bethesda Game Studios and actually has the number of the entry in the main series somewhere in the title. Otherwise this game would be called "The Elder Scrolls 6: Online" or something. The Elder Scrolls Blades is canon too and so is Redguard and Legends and they are all considered spinoffs.
    There are things that the spinoff games can do and things they can but shouldn't. Bringing back the Dwemer is something ESO shouldn't because it would mess with the other games too much, even if it was set in the present day. There is a reason ZOS has to answer to BGS when it comes to lore questions concerning the entire franchise. Luckily this doesn't mean we aren't getting any interesting lore here in ESO because BGS approves a lot of directions ZOS has taken. I doubt they would approve of the Dwemer coming back already though, especially because many fans don't seem to want that either (even if some do).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not convinced that dwemer should have dunmer skin. As you remember, chimer were cursed into dunmer just after the dwemer disappearance. I don't remember anything about dunmer that they got new skin and were like "hey, we look just like dwemer now".
    I think dwemer were more like maormer with pale (light grey) skin, dwemer from the underground absence of sun and maormer from the mist absence of sun.

I guess skin color can be up for debate. Even the current races show a pretty great variety of skin colors. Anyway I went by this fan art for the overall look and feel as the art appealed to me.

0e728231b2ffda9d439877df217bba7737b8ed5d_hq.jpg

I even followed it for the color scheme of the clothes as well.

• nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess skin color can be up for debate. Even the current races show a pretty great variety of skin colors. Anyway I went by this fan art for the overall look and feel as the art appealed to me.

This is how dwemer spectre from TES3 looks without transparency shader. Grey skin with yellow tint.
    MW-Dwemer.png
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes.

Because it's not.

ESO is, and always will be, an MMO first and an Elder Scrolls game second. To me, the difference is that the world-building occurs in the numbered instalments, while ESO is mostly *world-expanding*. It adds to existing lore, but it doesn't create much that's radically new. For example, the biggest thing that the Vvardenfell chapter adds (IMO) is Baar Dau dropping lower. Other than that, it's more about visiting earlier versions of some of the bigger cities on Vvardenfell, getting some interesting backstory/meeting a few characters from TES III (Barilzar, Conoon Chodala, Divayth Fyr, etc), and not getting mobbed by Cliff Racers every time you set foot outside of a city. There may be MORE events in ESO, and a bigger scope, but the numbered TES games are much, much deeper.

I realize that ESO has a main quest in which the player is THE person who saves Nirn, but it just doesn't feel the same. Compared to the Nerevarine in TES III, you are not THE one ("many fall/but one remains"). There is no event, in any quest, in ESO that feels as impactful as finding the Cavern of the Incarnate in TES III then going in and having Azura tell you that yes, YOU are the Nerevarine. Or watching the Akulakhan fall to pieces into the lava under Red Mountain after defeating Dagoth Ur then meeting Azura, who tells you that the prophecy has been fulfilled.

The events in ESO are impactful, but they don't *feel* impactful. what I described above in TES III would be far less meaningful if you could walk out of the Cavern and see Frodo Tea-baggins, the fat nord in a dress who is somehow ALSO the Nerevarine, galloping away on his stick mount.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »

This is how dwemer spectre from TES3 looks without transparency shader. Grey skin with yellow tint.
    MW-Dwemer.png
    Considering how the Dunmer got their grey skin, it would be strange if the Dwemer had it before them.
    I think of them like Chimer with more magnificient beards.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

MW-Dwemer.png
    Considering how the Dunmer got their grey skin, it would be strange if the Dwemer had it before them.

I've read some interesting arguments in favor of the Chimer and Dwemer being the same race but different tribes/cultures that split a long time ago (more recently than the Aldmer settling and becoming their respective races, but recently enough for the groups to retain similarity to one another). I don't think that that's *actully* the case but in my head the Chimer and Dwemer look quite a bit alike.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Long story short, there are no Dwemer on Nirn, period. You have better chances asking for a Lilmothiit character.

There are a number of races that used to be, that would make for better and more lore-friendly "lost enclave" type of stories w/ that race being added.

Lilmothiit, Snow-Elf, Kothringi... all races that used to exist, but have since either died off or were warped beyond recognition. All races that still could exist in some yet unknown enclave.

I would pay money for the chance to have a Lilmothiit character. Or at least an Adventure Zone centered on the last hidden Lilmothiit village on Tamriel.

I mean seriously...Fox people.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

MW-Dwemer.png

I agree with you. I think of them as really pale chimer, due to sunlight deficiency.