Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dwemer as a new race in a future chapter.

• Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Raideen wrote: »
    I said this in another thread but ZOS does not have to create a new Dwemmer race (and break the lore). Players can just create them with the tools given to us right now.

Lore would not be broken, but expanded.

Yes it would, because we know what happens in the future.
    The dwarves suddenly showing back up again, and the disappearing again, and none of them leaving any written record of their time back... For the lore it is just stupidly, needlessly awkward, at best.
    Just make create one from one of the current races and RP your heart out. Everything would be fine.

Go re-read my posts. I never suggested the entirety of dwemer, but a pocket of them. Lots of ways to write them in without disrupting the lore.

It does not matter even if it’s just one of them. It’s a big deal if it were to happen. A BIG deal. A lot of lore gets thrown out the window if that were to happen.
    There are at least three major npcs in game who are actively trying to figure out the mysteries of the dwarves currently. If they could just go and ask questions to a living one, then what is their purpose?
    There are burning question right now about how they did things, like make their constructs and the like. These could all be answered. But we KNOW they won’t be.

Additionally, the disappearance of the dwemer is widely known. If some just happened to pop up, don't you think multiple interests would be trying to directly study them at the most benign? More likely confine any dwemer and extract every last bit of info possible.

And the general populace is going to be collectively ok with this lost race suddenly appearing? "Hey a Dwemer, thought you were all extinct.....Well anyway, my farm is under attack and I need help!"

Manimarco of all people is just going to casually sacrifice you to Molag Bal, instead of using you to increase his own powers?

There are knock on consequences that you (Raideen) seemed to have not considered. That's not even touching how many quests (voice acted) would need to be reworked.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    The_Lex wrote: »
    "the Dwemer were believed to be sized similarly to the average elf or human, though occasionally likened to large children with beards."

I read this as they were smaller than average.

Here's the quote from Herbane's Bestiary: Dwarven Automatons by Herebane: "The Dwarves have been extinct for many an age, and perhaps for the best. To see men and women the size of large children, all with beards, would be a most disturbing sight"

This was just an assumption, not a statement.

Regardless, its been noted and observed that they were the size of large children. It's also evident based on the world lore of what is accepted universally as a "dwarf", even in real life terms a dwarf is a small person.

"Contrary to many legends, archaeological evidence of known Dwemer ruins leads one to believe that they were about the same size as the typical human or elf, evidenced by the fact that all existing Dwarven armor is average sized (although some claim that "Dwarven armor" is either the outer shells of machines or mismatched pieces from various devices). According to fable, the moniker "dwarf" may have been given long ago by the giants to their "little" friends. Imperial excavation of Dwemer ruins supports the Dlyxexic theory that the translation of Dwemer as Deep Elves might also be read as Smart Elves. Indeed, perhaps the brilliant students of the Ehlnofey mentioned in The Anuad are the Dwarves themselves. Purported descriptions of the last living Dwemer cannot be relied upon, as he was admittedly bloated and deformed by Corprus, and the only other visual examples come from sculptures and Dwarven Spectres found in their ruined dwellings. It can be deduced, however, that long beards were popular among the lost elves, and they preferred heavy metal armors and robes. Their remaining features could be described similarly to that of the other elven races, as no specific information exists."

Lore:Dwemer

Ruins_of_Kemel-Ze

Dialog of Hasphat_Antabolis

M9hDTKl.jpg

I already quoted that. It's a book by a nord (same height as altmer) adventurer who compiled a bestiary, not a historian. He assumed that even women had beards, which we have no proof of in other sources, which describe dwemer too look like other mer.

1.As I have already stated. They were called dwarves for a reason, and its not because they were giants or even the same size as other races. There would be no reason to call them dwarves (referenced as being dwarves by more than giants). This is a simple logical conclusion.
    2. I do not vision them as being knee high, but noticeably smaller than other races. As evident of them being called dwarves universally.

There is more evidence suggesting they were smaller, than suggests they were the same size as everyone else.

Please link that evidence.

why evidence, they are called dwarves, that is good evidence

They are dwe-mer, deep elves.

and called dwarves

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/435by1/so_why_are_the_dwemer_called_dwarves/

M9hDTKl.jpg

I like how you quote a book supposably written by a Nord (non-historian) one of the races that had the least interactions with them, that doesn't even imply they were small (it might as well imply that they were very young in appearance despite being in an adult sized body).

And then deny every other sources of lore.

PS being called dwarves centuries after their disappearance have nothing to do with their size, just like there are no indication of usage of the term Vikings during the Viking age, and the main theory about their name source is a famous"Viking" named Toki the Viking.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love playing small characters in games (sadly my GF does not share my passion for smaller races). I absolutely love the Dwemer aesthetic be it the older darker stone, or the newer white/gold style. Dwemer are imo the coolest race in the Elder Scrolls universe.

Their lore, be it mysterious and not documented in it's entirety, could easily be worked into ESO as it takes place 740+ years before Morrowind. There is no reason in that time that a small Dwemer enclave is discovered after an earthquake in Vvardenfell (tons of potential for a yearly chapter) introducing dwemer as a playable race, an "engineer" as a class, underground environments to explore without taking up map space for future chapters, and all the other goodness that comes with Dwemer. The end of ESO could "Wrap up" the dwemer introduction so that there is no continuity loss into morrowind.

I created a Dwemer Automaton to pay homage to Dwemer, but it would be amazing to see Dwemer fleshed out a bit more lore wise even if its for a brief period.

Anyway, I love Dwemer so just sharing my thoughts.

vtBdLGp.jpg

mcTpwbx.jpg

I think the Dwemer are interesting as well and it would be nice to see some more/new content surrounding their lore. They are a fascinating people and their architecture is impressive, and as you say, it would be nice to see them fleshed out in a more tangible way. I love their art style and technical creations. It's possible/very likely it'll never happen in this game, but there's a new Lord of the Rings MMO on the horizon, and that game might supply the small characters you're looking for. I don't say this to be negative about ESO, but they do remind of me Tolkien's dwarves a little, even down to the description in the book snippet you linked with their sizes as large children and bearded women.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on December 2, 2020 6:41PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting how the lore in ESO ends up making things more restrictive for creative development, whereas in most games the lore tends to be designed to allow for more stuff to be added. Want some new races in ESO? A bunch of people will have lore complaints, same goes for a ton of other cool potential things that could be added.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I said this in another thread but ZOS does not have to create a new Dwemmer race (and break the lore). Players can just create them with the tools given to us right now.

Yes it would, because we know what happens in the future.
    The dwarves suddenly showing back up again, and the disappearing again, and none of them leaving any written record of their time back... For the lore it is just stupidly, needlessly awkward, at best.
    Just make create one from one of the current races and RP your heart out. Everything would be fine.

Go re-read my posts. I never suggested the entirety of dwemer, but a pocket of them. Lots of ways to write them in without disrupting the lore.

It does not matter even if it’s just one of them. It’s a big deal if it were to happen. A BIG deal. A lot of lore gets thrown out the window if that were to happen.
    There are at least three major npcs in game who are actively trying to figure out the mysteries of the dwarves currently. If they could just go and ask questions to a living one, then what is their purpose?
    There are burning question right now about how they did things, like make their constructs and the like. These could all be answered. But we KNOW they won’t be.

Additionally, the disappearance of the dwemer is widely known. If some just happened to pop up, don't you think multiple interests would be trying to directly study them at the most benign? More likely confine any dwemer and extract every last bit of info possible.

And the general populace is going to be collectively ok with this lost race suddenly appearing? "Hey a Dwemer, thought you were all extinct.....Well anyway, my farm is under attack and I need help!"

Manimarco of all people is just going to casually sacrifice you to Molag Bal, instead of using you to increase his own powers?

There are knock on consequences that you (Raideen) seemed to have not considered. That's not even touching how many quests (voice acted) would need to be reworked.

Nothing would need to be reworked. Just because you lack the imagination to see how to make it work, does not mean I do not.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    It's interesting how the lore in ESO ends up making things more restrictive for creative development, whereas in most games the lore tends to be designed to allow for more stuff to be added. Want some new races in ESO? A bunch of people will have lore complaints, same goes for a ton of other cool potential things that could be added.

Very true. I think sometimes a race is buried or killed off so that they never have to modelled/added for actual use in-game. That said, there is great scope to Elder Scrolls lore and there can be mystery added to that which can never be revived, I would love to see the Dwemer, however.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No offense, but the common misconception I keep seeing in these "please gib us playable Dwemer race" threads is that the Dwemer are literally "Dwarves" - mostly in regards to their stature - from other common mythos. 'Dwarves' in the Elder Scrolls mythos are more likely average in stature to other races in Tamriel based on what little we know from lore and based on Dwemer we have met in previous games... they just happen to prefer underground dwellings much like the magically-oriented Ayleid race.

That said, the Dwemeri past and ultimate fate is purposefully shrouded in mystery. This is what makes what little lore we have about the Dwemer precious and intriguing. Once you solve the mystery, the intrigue disappears along with it.

Furthermore, the Dwemer were a race so far advanced, they literally mocked the Daedric gods, and were generally quite cruel towards any non-allied races (with a few exceptions of course). I mean, we are talking about a race so powerful they devised machines to read ELDER SCROLLS without repercussion... Just think of the implications of such power. They purposely mutated the Snow Elves into the blind, feral Falmer we now know after the Snow Elves asked them for asylum. The Dwemer literally tap into the Heart of Lorkhan to create their own mechanical god, leading to their disappearance. If I had to guess, they were more than likely wiped from existence by the most powerful, primeval forces in lore due to their sheer defiance of natural law. Either that or they literally ascended to a higher plane of existence when they tapped the Heart of Lorkhan.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Part of the Dwemer lore is that they're a mystery. This is not restrictive, it's established lore.

ESO is not a TES single-player installment. It's an MMO first and an Elder Scrolls game second. I know plenty of people who only play MMOs and have no interest in the single-player ES releases, and I know a lot of diehard TES single-player fans who don't want to touch ESO for a variety of reasons.

I do not think that ESO is meant to introduce any world-shattering new lore. It expands nicely on some, but the introduction of major things that will affect TES VI and beyond shouldn't be something ESO does.

There are a million different creative directions that the devs can take things. Just because one thing shouldn't be touched for reasons inherent to the lore doesn't mean things are i any way restrictive.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    The_Lex wrote: »
    "the Dwemer were believed to be sized similarly to the average elf or human, though occasionally likened to large children with beards."

Here's the quote from Herbane's Bestiary: Dwarven Automatons by Herebane: "The Dwarves have been extinct for many an age, and perhaps for the best. To see men and women the size of large children, all with beards, would be a most disturbing sight"

Regardless, its been noted and observed that they were the size of large children. It's also evident based on the world lore of what is accepted universally as a "dwarf", even in real life terms a dwarf is a small person.

"Contrary to many legends, archaeological evidence of known Dwemer ruins leads one to believe that they were about the same size as the typical human or elf, evidenced by the fact that all existing Dwarven armor is average sized (although some claim that "Dwarven armor" is either the outer shells of machines or mismatched pieces from various devices). According to fable, the moniker "dwarf" may have been given long ago by the giants to their "little" friends. Imperial excavation of Dwemer ruins supports the Dlyxexic theory that the translation of Dwemer as Deep Elves might also be read as Smart Elves. Indeed, perhaps the brilliant students of the Ehlnofey mentioned in The Anuad are the Dwarves themselves. Purported descriptions of the last living Dwemer cannot be relied upon, as he was admittedly bloated and deformed by Corprus, and the only other visual examples come from sculptures and Dwarven Spectres found in their ruined dwellings. It can be deduced, however, that long beards were popular among the lost elves, and they preferred heavy metal armors and robes. Their remaining features could be described similarly to that of the other elven races, as no specific information exists."

Lore:Dwemer

Ruins_of_Kemel-Ze

Dialog of Hasphat_Antabolis

M9hDTKl.jpg

I already quoted that. It's a book by a nord (same height as altmer) adventurer who compiled a bestiary, not a historian. He assumed that even women had beards, which we have no proof of in other sources, which describe dwemer too look like other mer.

1.As I have already stated. They were called dwarves for a reason, and its not because they were giants or even the same size as other races. There would be no reason to call them dwarves (referenced as being dwarves by more than giants). This is a simple logical conclusion.
    2. I do not vision them as being knee high, but noticeably smaller than other races. As evident of them being called dwarves universally.

There is more evidence suggesting they were smaller, than suggests they were the same size as everyone else.

Please link that evidence.

why evidence, they are called dwarves, that is good evidence

They are dwe-mer, deep elves.

and called dwarves

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/435by1/so_why_are_the_dwemer_called_dwarves/

M9hDTKl.jpg

I like how you quote a book supposably written by a Nord (non-historian) one of the races that had the least interactions with them, that doesn't even imply they were small (it might as well imply that they were very young in appearance despite being in an adult sized body).

And then deny every other sources of lore.

PS being called dwarves centuries after their disappearance have nothing to do with their size, just like there are no indication of usage of the term Vikings during the Viking age, and the main theory about their name source is a famous"Viking" named Toki the Viking.

To go further, we are taught in our history about the Byzantine Empire, a name which was ascribed to them in historical records after the fall of Constantinople. The Byzantines did not call themselves Byzantines, but rather Romans, as they were (to them) the continuation of the Roman Empire, and so referred to themselves as such. If you were to go back in time you would find no mention of a "Byzantine Empire" and the "Byzantine" people, but rather an Eastern Roman Empire populated by Romans.

The same goes for the Dwarves. The name of Dwarves was given to them at one point, and has since become the popular word in mannish lexicon regarding that ancient race. (It's worth noting that among the mer-folk the term "Dwemer" is the common phrase). If you were to go back to the time when the Deep-folk still walked the earth, you would find no Dwarven Kingdoms or Dwarven cities populated by Dwarves, but Dwemeri Kingdoms and Cities populated by the Dwemer.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They would be dumb to do this on this game. If the Dwemer ever do return it would have to be in an epic storyline on a main Elder Scrolls title.
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭

Lore would definitely be broken. If they were to write Dwemer into ESO timeline it would be the ultimate lore break in all of TES history, none of it would make any sense. Give up hope, read more lore, it won't happen.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is not with TES or ESO, it's that this game is a prequel. You can't poke around in the past willy nilly if you still expect the future to make sense.

If BGS decide to bring back the Dwemer in TES 6 or beyond, so be it. I'd prefer them to remain a mystery, but going forward they can make or break as much as they wish. ESO does not have that freedom, because they chose to set the game in the 2nd era.

Besides, 10 races are plenty.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Especially when several still have lackluster or lore-unfriendly passives.

*Bosmer stares into camera*
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »

Especially when several still have lackluster or lore-unfriendly passives.

*Bosmer stares into camera*
    To be fair, the series has kept adding new races up until Morrowind, so it's not unprecedented. But I believe it was Todd Howard who said they'd rather make the different races distinct choices ("How does playing an Orc feel different from playing a High Elf?"), rather than keep adding new ones that are effectively just skins, and I'd agree with him.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This could easily work, as in any other mmorpg, lore can be made-up with new content.

I remember the lore thumpers saying the same thing about dragons never happening...a year+ of dragons.

Different timeline, time travel, etc...done.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on December 2, 2020 8:00PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    This could easily work, as in any other mmorpg, lore can be made-up with new content.

I remember the lore thumpers saying the same thing about dragons never happening...a year+ of dragons.

The lore of ESO is restricted by the events in the single player games. If they do any of those things described, is it really an elder scrolls game anymore?
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although I love Tolkien, I'm glad that TES (and Dwemer, specifically) is not just a copy/paste Tolkienesque fantasy trope.

Edited by The_Lex on December 2, 2020 8:13PM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The lore of ESO is restricted by the events in the single player games. If they do any of those things described, is it really an elder scrolls game anymore?

For me, and many others, yes, & no ESO is not restricted.

I never played the single players rpg's. The lore direction made by ZOS through ESO is good enough for me.

For example DC, Marvel, StarWars,...stories/lore changes dependent on who's telling the story with books, comics, video games, movies, cartoons, art, etc...that connect in some ways, & in some ways are different with different outcomes.

I enjoy stories told differently through the eyes of different people. Frank Miller's Batman will always be my favorite Batman!
    Edited by Wolfpaw on December 2, 2020 8:28PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never played the single players rpg's. The lore direction made by ZOS through ESO is good enough for me.

For example DC, Marvel, StarWars,...stories/lore changes dependent on who's telling the story with books, comics, video games, movies, cartoons, art, etc...that connect in some ways, & in some ways are different with different outcomes.

I enjoy stories told differently through the eyes of different people. Frank Miller's Batman will always be my favorite Batman!

Star Wars is still restricted by lore. Darth Vader is not going to show up alive in the mandalorian because in the time of the show, he is dead.
    Just because there are different creators it does not mean they in Star Wars they can do whatever they want. Even the star wars land in Disney has rules concerning lore.

Also eso and the stand alone games have a common lore master, they are not separate creators.

The name “Elder Scrolls” is in the name for a reason. It’s a defined world with deep, deep lore. There is zero reasons to destroy that lore by introducing a new race that the lore expressly said is gone.
    Edited by BlueRaven on December 2, 2020 8:54PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Except you encounter hostile Dwemer Ghosts in Morrowind and guess what, they are the same size as everyother race.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    They would be dumb to do this on this game. If the Dwemer ever do return it would have to be in an epic storyline on a main Elder Scrolls title.

Are you implying the largest TES game in the entire series with more lore, quests and content then everyother TES game combined is somehow not a main Elder Scrolls title?
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Are you implying the largest TES game in the entire series with more lore, quests and content then everyother TES game combined is somehow not a main Elder Scrolls title?

Yes.

Because it's not.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Star Wars is still restricted by lore. Darth Vader is not going to show up alive in the mandalorian because in the time of the show, he is dead.
    Just because there are different creators it does not mean they in Star Wars they can do whatever they want. Even the star wars land in Disney has rules concerning lore.

Also eso and the stand alone games have a common lore master, they are not separate creators.

The name “Elder Scrolls” is in the name for a reason. It’s a defined world with deep, deep lore. There is zero reasons to destroy that lore by introducing a new race that the lore expressly said is gone.

No Star Wars is not restricted. Outside of the movies we have many different outcomes. What was portrayed in the movies is not the story & outcome I enjoyed most.

Time will tell what ESO's next race will be.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/surgkXcjPIU

This should help with some context. Three lore content providers discuss dwemmer lore. And they talk about their size right off the bat.
    Edited by BlueRaven on December 2, 2020 9:39PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/surgkXcjPIU

This should help with some context. Three lore content providers discuss dwemmer lore. And they talk about their size right off the bat.

"So I don't have to tell you guys this, but the lore – maybe some of your readers will know this – but the lore in Elder Scrolls is never definitive, it's always told through the eyes of people that live in the world, which gives developers – not just us, but everyone that works on Elder Scrolls – certain leeway to kind of find what that person meant when they were telling the story."
    - Matt Firor, UESP's PAX 2018 Interview.

"I think people want the answers, always, like, 'What is Truth?'—but what is Truth in the history of Earth? Truth is often written by the winners, and that there are always different perspectives on what happened in history, and so we do take that approach with the lore in Elder Scrolls, where all perspectives can be correct. But which one is more correct? That's why we get in these debates over, 'Hey, what is Truth?' And so, for us, it's sort of a priority. The truth in Elder Scrolls, primarily, is what you saw on the screen. Like, you can read a thousand books and say, 'There are no dragons,' and if a dragon comes up on the screen, well, you saw it happen in a game."
    - Todd Howard, BethesdaGameDays Day 1, 2019, timestamp: 2:18:19 - 2:18:57.

"... people want to know truth, but even my perspective is one version of truth of what happened in the history of Elder Scrolls and so forth."
    ""What's the order of priority?" If you saw it on the screen that's number one, that's the most truth. If you read it in the game, that's second truth. If you read it in an official thing outside the game, in the manual, that's the third. If you read it from a fan on the Internet that's way down there, that's like not on the list, right! But that's the main three. On the screen, something you see happen, regardless of what game it is or when it came out, that for us is the primary. A book in the game is second, and then a book that's official outside the game is third."
    - Todd Howard, UESP's PAX East 2019 Interview.

"And what your character does, and says, and believes, becomes part of that world. For you, and whoever else shares the experience, what happened is now part of the lore. The non-player characters are all there, ready to share their stories with you, but it’s you who makes those stories live, because your character has agency and meaningful choices where the NPCs do not. Moreover, what your character does persists for you, and the stories you’ve told and the experiences you’ve shared with your friends live on in your own memories. You just added to the history of Tamriel.""
    - A farewell letter from Loremaster Lawrence Schick to the ESO community, ESO official site, 2019.

"As the Loremaster, he had ample opportunity to force his authorial will on the material, but he didn't. He urged us all to give the lore some breathing room — to keep things open to interpretation. It's very good advice, and I plan on following it!"
    - Leamon Tuttle Loremaster 2019 Interview regarding Lawrence Schick and TES lore.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No Star Wars is not restricted. Outside of the movies we have many different outcomes. What was portrayed in the movies is not the story & outcome I enjoyed most.

Your “fan fiction” sites do not count. “Official” Star Wars stories follow a specific common lore. And these lore rules exist weather you “enjoy” the official story or not.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Because it's not.

Would you compare ESO to TES Travels games?
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your “fan fiction” sites do not count. “Official” Star Wars stories follow a specific common lore. And these lore rules exist weather you “enjoy” the official story or not.

You're wrong again.

Bump because I want more races in ESO with Dwemer now making top of the list.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on December 2, 2020 9:58PM
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're wrong again.

Bump because I want more races in ESO with Dwemer now making top of the list.

i want more races too. all the ones now look the same. some say dwarves are tall some say short, i say give both. make dwarf people tall as dark elves and make them shorter too and fat with big beards.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    The whole eso stories happens around dwemers and their mystery so adding them just a race would kill a magic.

For you, not for me.

See, whenever someone on forum posts something they want...and their answers starts to revolve around “me me me me me” I get this feel that this is wrong game your playing.

The reality is, no matter what you, or anyone else wants, all content provided in ESO is tightly regulated by Bethesda’s creative team (not ZOS), and before ZOS team introduces anything into ESO, the original TES lore team reviews any and all additions.

Some, or even you may ask “why?”. Because for example, if they would just somehow make let’s say, dwemer available, not only it would potentially break some historical lore, but also could break future lore or information unreleased yet.

Regardless tho....if you want your own dwemer story, you can always get into modding and make it yourself on let’s say, Skyrim. But otherwise....dwemer lore has worked for 20+ years for many reasons, but especially because it is mysterious. Making it not mysterious would kill it. And if that means we only have one small zone (CWC) and bits and pieces around Tamriel about it, then That’s how it should be.

Ps: I’ve loreplayed fabricant toon for years now and dedicated lots of housing time to clockwork/dwemer lore. I’m a fan too and I don’t need large zones and expanded content to enjoy it. Maybe you should too.
    Edited by Grega on December 2, 2020 10:21PM